It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ban people for "outlandish" ideas on a website such as this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I am up to my neck in outlandish ideas and that's what attracts me to ATS...

It's a place where people with outlandish ideas can debate what they think, and find out what other people think.

It's a good thing to be able to do that. Afterall, we get enough funny looks from "normal people".

So why ban people for posting "outlandish ideas"???

And apparently I can't mention banned members so I'll just give you a surname -LEAR.

Let's not turn this into an argument or close the thread just because it goes against your ideas...

Let's find out some proper answers - something people seem to be afraid of around here...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
what do you mean about outlandish ideas? like ways to cheat and damage the government? i like your ideas then u2u me

edit: i didn't meant to sound like a terorist,i am..meant that lets say we should not allow our children to be imunized for pig fluu.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yeah, what counts as outlandish? Are we talking David Icke stuff?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My friend... outlandish is our specialty.

I had better not here of ATS banning anyone for something that complies with the T&C. They wont... trust me.

They would loose ALOT of business if they started banning topics.

StillAlive? u2u me. Lets talk.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by USER

Are there ideas that can't be discussed but these can; reptilianoids, ufo's, truthers, birthers, government conspiracies, new worlds, secret worlds, trolls, demons, gods, angels, greys, greens, indigos, NWO, Illuminati, evil queens, dragons, 2012, 9-11, flouride, CO2, greenhouse, hot house, ice age, new age, ancient civilizations, Mars, Moon landings, Venus, Saturn's moons, deadly asteroids, secret asteroids, alien asteroids, NASA, FEMA, HIPPA, black-ops, psi-ops, . . . etc.

I'd love to see a list that isn't acceptable.

In my humble little opinion. . . .

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree with you all, to a point, so far.

Stars for you all.

David Icke? Well, he's as outlandish as you let him be in your mind.

Bloody hell I sound like a nutter.

But seriously, it doesn't matter how outlandish. Be it John Lear or David Icke.

It seems like whoever is in control of this website is filtering what "outlandish ideas" we get to read.

It doesn't matter if they're outlandish ideas as long as the mods agree with them.

If they don't like what you've got to say you get modded!

Fair enough, everyone knows a forum is no democracy and there's no free speech BUT with the subject matter being what it is on this site...

... you would expect more wouldn't you?

well, I would.

Would you?

Or are you happy that THEY let you read certain outlandish ideas but curtail others???

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The official version is Lear was not banned but chose to not post here anymore...

Who knows man...

Apart from that.

I haven't seen anybody banned on this site for their outlandish ideas.... only their less than polite use of the English language

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It's simple enough to see which members are actually banned, and which simply choose not to post.

"member tools" button, up above. Has a "members list" function.

Tells all about the active members.

No mystery. No conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
John Lear is still listed as a member on ATS. His last login on ATS was on February 29, 2008. Many come and go here as they please. I am not as active as I once was either.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 8/23/2009 by TheAvenger]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh sure i know that.

But there are those who say that ATS have made it look like certain people are not banned, but they have really blocked their access to the site.

I don't care one way or another TBH....

As i said, I've not seen people get banned just for their ideas myself...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
educate me on john lear,i didnt read about him as time passed,what were his ideas?
for topics that can get u in trouble i have in mind,radical thinking if lets say someone decides to plan an attack on a pig flu vaccine center to stop the nwo...bombing everything..so yea..pretyy much this

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This topic belongs in The ATS Issues thread., not General Conspiracy Discussion.

Please direct your concerns to the thread created just for that purpose.

Closing

top topics

join