It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an estimated 10 tons of nano thermite to have been found in Manhattan near WTC site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Nano-thermite, a mixture of aluminum and rust powder, reacts to intense heat of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, producing molten iron and an effective explosion. It can be used as rocket fuel and contains more energy than dynamite. Over 10 tons have been estimated to have been found in Manhattan near the site. While thermite can be bought by anyone for welding (which produces iron), the nano process is performed by and for military uses only.

LINK

I thought they only found traces so posted this here for everyone else who thought the same thing.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by deadoralive]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by deadoralive

Your link to the truther website offers ZERO sources as to the "estimated" 10 TONS of na-nu na-nu thermite.

Really, this is how the BS starts, and how it is spread.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The guy who did the research on the thermite, also that they found atomized particles, and the only way for that to happen is from a nuclear reaction. I bet if they did radioactive test on ground zero it would prove even more about the conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Nano thermite? Rust and aluminum is just normal thermite isnt it? so what is it that's supposed to make it military grade then?

i Thought that people were still arguing over the existence of such stuff. Maybe this is why the source doesn't list any other ingredients other than the standard rust, aluminum mixture.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CameronFox

Yeah, thanks for that...

Sorry for spreading "BS". Reporting things that are found also helps uncover the truth too.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling some people are really against me today for some reason. Must be that Iran thing I posted.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
so what is it that's supposed to make it military grade then?

Shhhhh! It's a super secret government/military grade.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadoralive

Yeah, thanks for that...

Sorry for spreading "BS". Reporting things that are found also helps uncover the truth too.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling some people are really against me today for some reason. Must be that Iran thing I posted.

I didn't read your Iran thing.

The site you linked is not reliable. If you are going to "uncover the truth" you should have facts to present.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

OK sorry about that, I'm just not having a very good day

I read about the ten tons of thermite and thought it was worth posting to see if anybody else know anything. My intentions are not to spread BS or anything, I just thought it was an ATS matter that's all

Hence the reason I posted in 9/11 conspiracy section and not Breaking News.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I read about the ten tons of thermite and thought it was worth posting to see if anybody else know anything. My intentions are not to spread BS or anything, I just thought it was an ATS matter that's all

Hence the reason I posted in 9/11 conspiracy section and not Breaking News.

Peace.

Dont worry about it , its not you making the claims. Weeding out the BS is all part of finding the truth, this is still a useful post. S & F

[edit on 21-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No worries. It's Friday dude! Go pick up a rack of cold ones and chill!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

LOL. That's the best idea Iv seen al day. I think I might just do that. Cheers

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox

Your link to the truther website offers ZERO sources as to the "estimated" 10 TONS of na-nu na-nu thermite.

Really, this is how the BS starts, and how it is spread.

It certainly does.

In the paper, "Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe, Open Chemical Physics Journal, Vol. 2 (2009),"

GG.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Nano-thermite, a mixture of aluminum and rust powder, reacts to intense heat of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, producing molten iron and an effective explosion. It can be used as rocket fuel and contains more energy than dynamite. Over 10 tons have been estimated to have been found in Manhattan near the site. While thermite can be bought by anyone for welding (which produces iron), the nano process is performed by and for military uses only.

LINK

I thought they only found traces so posted this here for everyone else who thought the same thing.

People are doubting this still? In April a dutch chemist did a 2 year study on what was left of the WTC, and found large amounts of unresponsive nano-thermite, for some reason or another it didn't react and wasn't ignited so its still in its basic chemical form.

He thinks some where around 10-100 tonnes of this stuff was used on 9/11... he questions why this substance would be at the scene of one of the greatest landmarks of human history... I do too.

Dutch Chemist

Its funny how people from across the globe are more interested in finding the truth than we are

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OG_SWAGGA_KING

FDNY Haz mat squad swept WTC site for traces of radiation

No elevated levels were found

Have to remember natural materials like granite contain small amounts
of uranium and thorium - polished granite panels formed exterior skin
of WTC 7.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted by deadoralive

Yeah, thanks for that...

Well it could be that damage control artists such as CameronFox are desperately trying to prevent any actual investigation into 9-11 to protect the status quo.

Don't feel bad; they attack anybody who questions their holely 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY. The danged fantasy tale they preach to us hourly has hundreds of gaping holes in it.

Common sense should dictate to every red-blooded American that if scientists are claiming that micro-particle nano-thermite, which cannot possibly form naturally without exotic technology, has been found in the WTC dust; then why isn't our own Justice Department investigating to either see if tons of nano-thermite are in the dust or to put the claim to rest?

Why is the Justice Department instead ignoring the accusations? Is it hoping they will just go away without investigation? Why is the Mainstream News Media ignoring the issue also? This should be Headline News if there is the tiniest truth to it. Is the Mainstream News Media in bed with the government?

Is that a loud resounding YES?

Why are all these lying duhbunkers and pseudoskeptics running interference for the most likely 9-11 perpetrators, our own government which had the most to gain from 9-11?

"cui bono?" means "Who benefits", or more literally: "For whose benefit is it?" It is a very good question throughout life's encounters.

A full investigation should easily prove or disprove the claims. The NIST and FEMA and 9-11 Whitewash Commission liars never looked into it did they? They did not even consider explosives or incendiaries did they?

What are we waiting for? Permission from the government loyalists?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63b7387179af.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9/1/09 by SPreston]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No links for evidence of any sort, nothing available on the people involved,no photographs, nothing. This is not evidence of anything but complete BS until proven otherwise. I have a hard time buying that 10 tons of nano thermate could be found near the site and not ever hear a word about it anywhere other than through the link provided. Also aluminum powder and iron oxide powder do not add up to nano thermate.

top topics

join