It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms expert warns new mind drugs eyed by military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Arms expert warns new mind drugs eyed by military

www.reuters.com

GENEVA (Reuters) - A leading expert on chemical and biological arms control called Wednesday for urgent efforts to stop new mind-altering drugs developed for medical purposes from being adopted by the military for use in warfare.

In an article in the U.S. journal Nature, British academic Malcolm Dando said civilian researchers in many countries seemed largely unaware of the danger and urged quick action to adapt a key arms pact to head it off.

"In the past 20 years, modern warfare has changed from predominantly large-scale clashes of armies to messy civil strife," wrote Dando, citing t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Usually what the military wants the military gets.

I think this could open a Pandora's box of tyranny that could ultimately filter down to the Citizens of America. It seems a logical progression from military to Law enforcement to control of a population in disagreement with the PTB. MK Ultra anyone?

And as for use in military situations; I guess the Geneva convention accords are dead. It's only a natural progression until lethal agents are brought into the mix.

God help us. We have tossed our moral compass overboard and are sailing into dangerous waters.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just makes you wonder who the terroists really are.

Seriously, do you not think they use unsuspecting human guinea pigs in third world countries?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Great find! S&F for you whaaa. This is truly important stuff. Notice how the 1993 chemical weapons ban exempts law enforcement uses - then remember that our gov't wants to use the military in crowd control, civil disturbances, etc. These are indeed dangerous waters. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Usually this type of drugs will be introduced into the public with "various benign" names for the good of the public health.

Anti depressants is one of the them.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hell, what do you think they use Marines and Soldiers for? My medical records were "lost" twice during a four-year period, and with nothing but shadow records to go, I all of a sudden had to get a series of 6 vaccines while I was in Iraq two years ago. It wasn't anthrax, because I'd already had the entire series for that and wasn't due for the booster, and I'd had the smallpox vaccine and all the other proscribed series in recruit training. This happened to me and a couple other guys in my platoon TWICE. God knows what the hell's floating around in my blood.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I think this could open a Pandora's box of tyranny that could ultimately filter down to the Citizens of America. It seems a logical progression from military to Law enforcement to control of a population in disagreement with the PTB. MK Ultra anyone?

So very predictable.

The article makes no mention of American involvement, but primarily cites the global use of drugs and gas to subdue people, most notably the Russian use of a gas which proved to be lethal in the Moscow theater siege.

But you still spin it round to America, almost a knee jerk reaction.

The US went through its chemical phase in the 70s and 80s, the available options just weren't sufficiently reliable, but some soldiers had wonderful '___' trips.

Must EVERY conspiracy be American?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Americas military is very much into drugs to alter the mind.

Combat Troops Turn to Prozac

That story tells all.

A growing number of American troops serving abroad are taking Prozac and other antidepressants, Time reports. A survey last year found 12% of troops in Iraq are using the drugs, with 17% relying on them in Afghanistan. The drugs help the military keep stressed combat troops in the field—but the use of the "quick-fix" for mental health is causing concern.

The military in the US is banned from using psychotropic drugs in the field but since 2004 they have been give green light on the issue.

As long as they are prescribe by military medical personnel and the drugs are FDA approved.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The link to the article.

www.newser.com...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

So very predictable.

The article makes no mention of American involvement, but primarily cites the global use of drugs and gas to subdue people, most notably the Russian use of a gas which proved to be lethal in the Moscow theater siege.

But you still spin it round to America, almost a knee jerk reaction.

The US went through its chemical phase in the 70s and 80s, the available options just weren't sufficiently reliable, but some soldiers had wonderful '___' trips.

Must EVERY conspiracy be American?

Obviously you missed this. www.time.com...

and this....

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

and this...

www.defensetech.org...

don't let your ideology get in the way of common sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Obviously you missed this. www.time.com...

and this....

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

and this...

www.defensetech.org...

don't let your ideology get in the way of common sense.

Good grief, is that the best you can do.

Your first link is about reading thought patterns to control weapon systems.

Your second link is about regression analysis and mind control using hyponitic drugs in the 1980s.

And your third relates the story of a maniac in the UK who claimed a local gang had impanted an electronic device in his head and was using it to control him.

Wasn't this thread about using chemicals and gases to subdue people on a large scale?

Seriously, this stuff is just disjointed and rambling.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

OK, more to the point then...

www.commondreams.org...

www.infowars.net...

www.wired.com...

The point being that if the Military is using it's own forces as lab rats;
how much of a stretch is it that perhaps they would like to use agents on a perceived enemy?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You know it's funny that so many people scream "Support the troops"
When the biggest enemy of Soldiers are it's own employers.

Still such people will continue to scream it
Makes no sense at all

Blind patriotism is be the downfall of the west!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, I know it is bad, and I am against it, but I keep thinking of an entire enemy army looking like a bunch of hungry pot heads!

"Come on in fellas, whoa have you got some of those MRE's, this is great man, but your guns are kinda freakin me out
a little, its cool though, so whats up?"

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You know it's funny that so many people scream "Support the troops"
When the biggest enemy of Soldiers are it's own employers.

Still such people will continue to scream it
Makes no sense at all

Blind patriotism is be the downfall of the west!

The Western World is not the only one with blind patriotism, nor is every patriot blind.

Things are always more complex then they seem.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
But but but but............we need to "support the troops" you say!!!!!!!!!!!!

America has lost it's mind! The people are already zombies walking around in a stooper. The military industrial tyrannical machine is destroying everything this country stands for. It's only a matter of time before this machine eventually turns on its own people. As the young and naive, (yes the average soldiers does not protect me anymore than my shot gun underneath my bed does) keep signing their life away to serve these insane leaders nothing will change. If the US didn't have the funding and the bodies to go to war maybe the government would do a double take...........you know that whole conscientious objection/civil disobedient thing? Or we could just storm Pennsylvania ave. and DC guns blazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laying down your life for a government that not only doesn't take care of your family but doesn't even take care of you makes zero sense. Soldiers are treated like used tampons and they keep lining up for more! THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The drugs that are increasingly being pushed on the American people by drug companies through advertisements and their doctors are really pretty scary.

Anti-depressants turn people into emotionless zombies. I bet if you prescribed a personal trainer to get exercise and a dietician to help you eat better, 90% of those peoples' brains would balance the chemicals out on their own.

Painkillers, anti-depressants, anti-anxiety pills, you name it, they'll give it out at the drop of a hat. They've been so overprescribed that trace amounts of the chemicals are showing up in ground water from people peeing into their toilets.

The worst part is that a lot of those drugs are just synthesized versions of illegal street drugs. They activate the same brain chemicals, and you know darn well doctors are playing a game of roulette with the dosages.

I'm sure the military has experimented with all those drugs before. You can bet on it.

top topics

join