It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, I'm new here, and I have to say I find the ATS site very overwhelming! So much reading. I love to read, I just have no idea where to start as it all interests me so much.

I can't say I've had any alien encounters, but I suppose I'd like to. I believe in them from the basis that we cannot be alone in this Universe, but I'm in no rush to pester them to talk to me. I feel like a fish out of water here, lol.

I'm not sure what to say about myself... I study geisha and kimono extensively, and I'll be majoring in Japanese and Chinese in college. I love languages, and it's my goal to be fluent in 11 in my lifetime, 3 at the very least. My love of language and communication has manifested itself as my forum and chat addiction, lol, but I do have a life outside the internet. When not on the internet I like to write (still at the computer though, hate to waste paper). I write mostly poetry (tanka, and my own thing) and I'm practicing writing prose by starting off with some fanfiction, but I always loose focus. Writing is probably not my thing. I'd like to write screenplays, and write an opera some day... but I have no musical talent. I like to read, mostly fantasy and whatever I'm interested in at the moment. One of my most favorite books ever is Babylon Babies by Maurice Dantec... this is how I envision the future.

I like movies a lot, my favorites being The Chronicles of Riddick (the whole series, not just the third movie). I love the mythology it creates. I like horror movies mostly, romance, the occasional sci-fi and comedy, but I can't watch funny movies alone... they aren't funny without someone there to laugh with. I watch a fair amount of foreign films (admittedly, mostly Asian and French) and I'm always up for a recommendation. Same for music, I like just about anything.

Intro threads tend to be very blah and filled with the same simple "Welcome!" stuff, so I'll shush up here
If you have any questions, ask, I love to talk.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS !

I totally understand how ATS can be so overwhelming to a "newbie" ... as I'm in that category as well. But I try to pick and choose threads that I think will appeal and be of interest to me.

So many threads ... so little time !

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! This site is addicting as hell. LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Furyan

Hey there, pleased to meet you! nice Avatar.
Enjoy the the ride.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Look forward to your posts!! See you on the boards!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by Alpha Furyan

Hey there, pleased to meet you! nice Avatar.
Enjoy the the ride.

Thank you! You too

That damn crazyfrog... lol

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
welcome. I'm sure you will fit right in. Lots of great writers on this site.

Have a great time...

top topics

join