It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something evolutionists can not explain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

the creator did not abandon us. we abandoned him.

the devil is the god of this world. since adam and eve rejected the creator, and trusted in the devil, the earth has been under his control ever since. the devil offered the world to jesus, if jesus would bow down to him. Jesus of course rejected that, and has embarked on a campain to regain control of the world from satan. this will culminate in the battle of armageddon, in which Christ will free the world from satan's grip, and seal the devil in the abyss.

and yes, as another forrumer mentioned, the point of this topic is to indeed to proselytize the way of Christ.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I disagree with you, OP. No one has stated that evolution is a law, it is only a theory; similarly, the notion that an all-powerful and all-knowing being that is untouched by time created everything that we have come to know is nothing but a theory.

Neither one side can explain everything, that is why it is not a scientific law yet. If you were to prove with facts that cannot be proven otherwise that a God created everything, even the theory of evolution, then I will accept it as a law, and so will the scientific community. Until it is proven, though, I will choose to believe evolution answers more questions.

Humans are arrogant, on both sides. We believe we know things that we may not actually know. Sure, we know laws of physics, but God created those, right?

There is no way you nor I can prove that, so it is not valid. We can prove that they are real, and so it shall be.

Matter can be conscious, depending on your point of view. It reacts with other matter on a chemical level, so it must have some sort of conscious behavior, no? You could give the argument that it's not the will of matter to react, it is set in stone and must be so. Well, God created us and everything that we are and will ever be.

How is that free will? Are we not conscious either?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Im not sure why we can't have evolution coming from a God that started all this. I mean "evolution" would be the ultimate result of free will. If we evolved and had free will I cannot understand why we would not have a consiousness or enlightenment!

now burry this logical thought in a a sea of quibble

[edit on 19-8-2009 by IntelRetard]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IntelRetard

you can believe in evolution guided by God if you want. But my point is that God is the force behind creation, whether that creation was instant or over billions of years.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
evolution is part of a great satanic conspiracy to turn the world away from christ.

know you know, you must turn to God and repent.

be saved from this evil world in Jesus name!

Why even bother posting in a forum (science and technology) that you absolutely nothing about?

Dont taint science boards with you preaching, there are fantasy....i mean religious forums for that

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

there another evolutionist goes assuming that creationists know nothing about science.

yes we do FYI

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

the point of this topic is to indeed to proselytize the way of Christ.

That's what I thought.

You may be interested in the T&C of this site, of which I see two that pertain directly to this thread, and your agenda:

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever.

1f.) Relevant Content: You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums

Your agenda has NO PLACE in the Science & Technology forum.
Considering you are outright proselytizing, it probably has no place in the whole af ATS.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled

Perhaps you could answer my question then:

In every depiction of Adam and Eve, they have belly buttons. Why?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by OzWeatherman

there another evolutionist goes assuming that creationists know nothing about science.

yes we do FYI

Where exactly do you explain where evolutionary science is wrong? All you said is that humans cant feel emotion due to them being composed of matter. Thats nothing science based, that personal opinion. You didnt show anything to prove that until you simply said that evolution was satanic conspiracy and we should all repent to god....so your preaching. Nothing science based about that....you cant even provide simple resources to help prove your point.

I usually dont have a problem with creationists until they start shoving their god down your throat.

Like misfit said, what you are doing is against the T & C's....so i guess the mods will see this sooner or later and move it

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath

Perhaps you could answer my question then:

In every depiction of Adam and Eve, they have belly buttons. Why?

... and why does Adam (all men) have nipples...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Thymos]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I am straight out going to post this before I read any further into the thread.
Please Excuse any parallels to other replies.
I agree with you in the notion that all of us are more than just the sum of our parts.
I really believe that living things are unique in the universe.
Then again, it all pertains to your definition being of alive, and conscious.

There may be levels of existance that we are not even aware that we don't know that they exist.

More importantly, a biosphere such as the Earth itself has been referred to as being a living breathing entity in and of itself.

While religion serves it's purpose, rest assured, the purpose does not benefit human kind as a whole.
Do your research.
Religion, in some capacity, has been the cause of more wars on Earth than anything else.
The religions perpetration is the real lie, and the real evil.
the foundation of any religion should not be of tolerance, but of acceptance.

To tolerate something is to believe something is not correct, but you allow it to exist anyway.
To accept, is simply that.
Acceptance of the whole, perfections and flaws included.

We may not have the technology to create consciousness, but we have the biology for it.
Which is the point.
Religion is an overbearing leap of faith, that needs to be accepted as if it were true, without question.
Those that rely on that, never look for further answers.
I am not saying that "a GOD" does not exist, but who is anyone to try and make anyone else believe.

If you have read anything of the bible, even of the newer versions, it is repeated over and over again, learn the lessons to be learned, from the Earth.
To deny evolution is to deny the creator, and deny the self.
Evolution, philosophy, and religious aspects can all exist together.
The problem is, most are just to stubborn to yield, even a tiny bit, so that they might see a larger picture.
They have to be correct in every aspect and there is no room for conjecture, or speculation.
Before anyone ever accepts any religion at all, remember one simple fact, your book was written by a human being.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The way the main post is structured doesn't really make sense to me at all. It is one thing to express an opinion about the origins of human consciousness, and even express a belief that the theory of evolution was part of a satanic plan (!) and another to preach to people to repent before it's too late!!!

Like many of the posts I read from time to time, it looks like, whenever there appears something that we don't have the means of explaining (at least, not yet), and because we really want to believe there is actually something bigger "out there", we end up attributing it to God, or the "supernatural", or to 'aliens' or whatever. I'm not saying that God or aliens don't exist, I'm just saying that sometimes, at the lack of evidence, we tend to see more into things than what's actually there.

Let's not forget that "supernatural" itself is a questionable term -- whatever the ancient's couldn't explain was attributed to supernatural forces, be it God, or spirits, or uncontrolled intelligent forces. But by now we should at least be a little bit more skeptic. As for this comment:

Whatever the truth, religion has turned out to be the single most effective tool for control and manipulation ever conceptualized. And that, my friends, even the pope couldn't argue away.

I couldn't agree more!!! Religion is a human construction based on fear of the unknown or of a need to hope for something better. Someone had said that it's the opium of the people, but in most instances I think it doesn't even do that any more.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure what I believe. Evolution has a pretty strong case.
Religions have a book of words, that has been interpreted a 1000 different ways by "conscious" beings.

Can a computer evolve? I'm not sure.

Computers can absorb and decipher data, but lack the ability to understand why. They are merely "programmed" to do it.

Becoming sentient and conscience is a feat for sure. I think these things were developed (evolved) in some way to ensure our survival. Whether you believe we were given souls by God, or Aliens...who knows.

I don't know. But I doubt computers can achieve either on their own.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Like most zealots, the OP has conveniently ignored that within the first 5 replies, every single one of the OPs claims were refuted and explained away.

Spiritfilled, do you care to respond to some of the previous responses? Or will you simply continue to ignore them, and go on preaching?

I have to assume, based on your responses thus far, that you'll choose the latter.

In that case, I'd have to agree, that since you've outright admitted that your sole intent here is to proselytize, the Terms and Conditions should be enforced. Difficult to understand, seeing as you've been a member for a year and a half.

Mods, you gettin' that?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Its funny how people are using science to disprove evolution and yet there is no science to back up creationism.
There argument is based on being able to prove evolution wrong.

I remember asking my RE teacher why jesus has not come back down to earth as these times are more dangerous than 2000 years ago.
He said that even if he did come back we wouldnt hear from him as we had already heard the good news!! HAHAHA

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gdc934

I don't get why Creationists believe that entropy must mean senseless chaos and this proves the existence of God. The law of entropy is evident in the theory of evolution; it's called genetic mutation. Evolution also has a solution for entropy; natural selection, which weeds out the most meaningless of entropic discrepancies. How does the decay of a building (the way one Christian tried to make me visualize her interpretation of the entropy=Creation theory) prove the existence of God? If God exists, would he in some way maintain the building? Is He destroying it with time?

And about the OP: do you believe that animals have spirits too? They are sentient, they can recognize themselves in a mirror, they can learn and adapt and follow a basic moral code. Why don't they go to heaven, according to Christian theology? Why are they not bound by the exact same morality as us "superior humans" if they are indeed conscious? Why would God make two different classes of beings which are both technically "conscious"?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

and yes, as another forrumer mentioned, the point of this topic is to indeed to proselytize the way of Christ.

Then why did you post in the science forum?

You have brought zero productive insight to this thread, and you won't even reply to half of the post's that refute your standpoint in your OP

I smell a troll.

I have alerted the mods...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by ZombieJesus]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This video should be mandatory for any thread containing jesus freak talk:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You people throw this word “mutation” around rather loosly.
You have no idea of what you are talking about.
In the wild it would be very difficult for a true mutation to perpetuate itself.
I think that Lloyd Pye went into detail about this in one of his essays which are on line.

Adam & all men have nipples because female is the “default” sex.
This is evident in lower species where it is the female that rules...the males are only used for breeding.
By this thinking it would be that God created Eve first and then created man from her...but the men who wrote the book would not want you to know this...too much of a blast to their ego.

As to consciousness….the Universe IS consciousness. Everything has consciousness.
Here is some food for thought:

“..1. The Self-Aware Universe, Goswami (Tarcher Putnam, 1995)
From Publishers Weekly
Consciousness, not matter, is the ground of all existence, declares University of Oregon physicist Goswami, echoing the mystic sages of his native India. He holds that the universe is self-aware, and that consciousness creates the physical world. Calling this theory "monistic idealism," he claims it is not only "the basis of all religions worldwide" but also the correct philosophy for modern science. Once people give up the assumption that there is an objective reality independent of consciousness, the paradoxes of quantum physics are explainable, contends Goswami, writing with his wife and Reed ( Building the Future from Our Past ). He also applies his hypothesis to the so-called mind-body schism, which he attempts to heal. Sketching a model of the self, this demanding but rewarding treatise uses analogies from the "new physics" to throw light on choice, free will, creativity, the unconscious and paths to spiritual growth. Illustrated.”
conscious order

“According to this view, there is nowhere we can draw a line between conscious and non-conscious entities; there is a trace of sentience, however slight, in viruses, molecules, atoms, and even elementary particles.
Some argue this implies that rocks perceive the world around them, perhaps have thoughts and feelings, and enjoy an inner mental life similar to human beings. This is clearly an absurd suggestion, and not one that was ever intended. If a bacterium’s experience is a billionth of the richness and intensity of human being’s, the degree of experience in the minerals of a rock might be a billion times dimmer still. They would possess none of the qualities of human consciousness–just the faintest possible glimmer of sentience.”

consciousness

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by Nohup
There's your freedom and forgiveness. When you finally realize that it's impossible to sin if you exist, because it HAS TO BE all part of the overall plan. So you get to go to Heaven, if you want. You can thank me later.

Sorry, couldn't resist! Another Baltarism! Exactly! If God created us, and God is perfect, then we couldn't be anything but perfect. Exactly the way we are, warts and all.

Maybe Baltar was right... Maybe God is the one who should get in his chariot and fly down here, and beg for our forgiveness!

I agree why would a almighty powerful god creator of the Universe care who we bump our parts on? Seriously. Adultery, is a man made up sin coming from our shyness, aggressiveness, self awareness etc... The rest of gods great creations bump anything they like.

Its all so silly (religion not god). Is god conscious? How did he get it? Was he made by a big bang?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join