learn more

something evolutionists can not explain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theomi
Call me narrow minded or whatever you want but OP´s first post made me giggle....

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Theomi]

I actually kind of snorted and guffawed. Thank one of the gods I wasn't drinking coffee at the time.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Holy (irony) Crap (literally).

I cannot believe this on ATS, okay.

1. What is a "evolutionist?" You mean someone who believes in evolution, studies evolution, what??

2. What you are talking about is metaphysics, religion, chemistry, and philosophy. It has NOTHING to do with evolution.

3. The people who studies such subjects are not "evolutionist" there are religious figures, chemist, and philosophers.

4. Evolution is a scientific theory (theory meaning that it's the closest thing to an absolute fact in science. The only thing in science that's an absolute fact is mathematic equations.)

5. Pick up a book or even use the miracle (parody) of the internet to do some research and learn something.

6. Pain is caused by nervous endings in the skin sending electrical impulses to the brain. All animals (HUMANS ARE ANIMALS IN DEFINITION) have this. Computers do not because they are not organic and created by man. We did not program them to feel pain.

Gosh (patronizing) darn it.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by FantasmaTaans]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by Nohup
There's your freedom and forgiveness. When you finally realize that it's impossible to sin if you exist, because it HAS TO BE all part of the overall plan. So you get to go to Heaven, if you want. You can thank me later.

Sorry, couldn't resist! Another Baltarism! Exactly! If God created us, and God is perfect, then we couldn't be anything but perfect. Exactly the way we are, warts and all.

Maybe Baltar was right... Maybe God is the one who should get in his chariot and fly down here, and beg for our forgiveness!

A Battlestar Galactica reference. I love you...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
I disagree with you, OP. No one has stated that evolution is a law, it is only a theory; similarly, the notion that an all-powerful and all-knowing being that is untouched by time created everything that we have come to know is nothing but a theory.

Neither one side can explain everything, that is why it is not a scientific law yet. If you were to prove with facts that cannot be proven otherwise that a God created everything, even the theory of evolution, then I will accept it as a law, and so will the scientific community. Until it is proven, though, I will choose to believe evolution answers more questions.

Humans are arrogant, on both sides. We believe we know things that we may not actually know. Sure, we know laws of physics, but God created those, right?

There is no way you nor I can prove that, so it is not valid. We can prove that they are real, and so it shall be.

Matter can be conscious, depending on your point of view. It reacts with other matter on a chemical level, so it must have some sort of conscious behavior, no? You could give the argument that it's not the will of matter to react, it is set in stone and must be so. Well, God created us and everything that we are and will ever be.

How is that free will? Are we not conscious either?

chemistry.about.com...

Please read.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by FantasmaTaans]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
our spirit feels the pain that our nerves pick up, a computer cannot be programmed to feel pain since it doesn't have a spirit. i can't believe some people think matter is conscious. that is just ridiculous. no way. the electron and protons are conscious? LOL!!

MODS: btw this should be moved to the origins forum

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the origin of life must be addressed as a whole. if evolution is to be belived, it must also be in line with the creation of consciousness in man and animal, or it is invalid. you cant just take it piece by piece

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
our spirit feels the pain that our nerves pick up, a computer cannot be programmed to feel pain since it doesn't have a spirit. i can't believe some people think matter is conscious. that is just ridiculous. no way. the electron and protons are conscious? LOL!!

Computers don't feel pain because we choose not to program that way because that is not useful for us in any way.

Pain is electrical (chemical) signals sent to the brain from stimuli around it. Our brain processes that signal sends it back to the nerve ending telling us that's bad and stay away from it. We evolved that way to survive.

Duh.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

the origin of life must be addressed as a whole. if evolution is to be belived, it must also be in line with the creation of consciousness in man and animal, or it is invalid. you cant just take it piece by piece

Evolution is not the explanation of the beginning of life. Evolution is the system that a organism adapts to its environment over a period of time.
Abiogenesis is the explanation to the beginning of life.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans

Computers don't feel pain because we choose not to program that way because that is not useful for us in any way.

Pain is electrical (chemical) signals sent to the brain from stimuli around it. Our brain processes that signal sends it back to the nerve ending telling us that's bad and stay away from it. We evolved that way to survive.

Duh.

computers CANNOT be programmed to feel pain, whether it is useful or not, there is no such technology, since pain cannot be felt by unconscious matter (protons electrons, atoms) of which computers are made.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Evolution is not the explanation of the beginning of life. Evolution is the system that a organism adapts to its environment over a period of time.

then why is the big bang theory and evolution used in classrooms to indoctrinate children to the belief that life arose spontaneously? It IS being used to teach the origins of life.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

our spirit feels the pain that our nerves pick up

Where abouts in the body do the nerves connect to the 'spirit'?

[edit on 20/8/2009 by Irma]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma

My theory: the nerves send the message to the brain of the thing that is happening, so the spirit automatically reads the brain (it is not connected to the brain, it reads its molecular changes and gives our consciousness an according sensation).

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Simply because the soul exists, does not mean it comes from God
yes it does. your wrong. period.in fact that is the most wrong thing
anyone can say.it's stupid. the soul dosn't come from God! think
about that. it's just stupid. good thread .s&f.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by FantasmaTaans

and human compassion is???? Just a flood of serotonin in the brain or what?

I do agree with you on pain. That is however a negative feeling, and flesh is a negative thing. Where do the positive feelings come from?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

My theory: the nerves send the message to the brain of the thing that is happening, so the spirit automatically reads the brain (it is not connected to the brain, it reads its molecular changes and gives our consciousness an according sensation).

I've tried to stay out of this thread just because after reading the initial post I realized the OP is just another wanna-be know it all with a bad theory. Tell me smart guy, if you think the spirit automatically reads the brain when something like pain is sensed, what happened to this girl?

www.cnn.com...

Now I'm no expert on your theory but tell me how it fits in. Either this little girl isn't conscious like me and you, or she has no spirit. I'd like an explaination please.

edit: spelling error

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Estharik]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Duh.

computers CANNOT be programmed to feel pain, whether it is useful or not, there is no such technology, since pain cannot be felt by unconscious matter (protons electrons, atoms) of which computers are made.

That's the problem though we don't have the technology NOW.
It's called Moore's law, just because we don't have the technology now, doesn't mean we won't in the future. It's a fact that every year computers are getting more and more powerful, our technology is becoming more advanced etc. 10 years ago, did you think we'd have all the stuff we have now? I didn't. Imagine in 10 to 20 years. Every year the power of a computer is doubled.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik

I've tried to stay out of this thread just because after reading the initial post I realized the OP is just another wanna-be know it all with a bad theory. Tell me smart guy, if you think the spirit automatically reads the brain when something like pain is sensed, what happened to this girl?

www.cnn.com...

Now I'm no expert on your theory but tell me how it fits in. Either this little girl isn't conscious like me and you, or she has no spirit. I'd like an explaination please.

edit: spelling error

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Estharik]

what makes sense to me is that she has a brain (or nerve) disorder, that prevents the spirit from reading what should be recorded in her brain as pain. it is incorrectly recorded though, which prevents the spirit from reading it correctly. brain disorder most likely. though she of course has a spirit.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

then why is the big bang theory and evolution used in classrooms to indoctrinate children to the belief that life arose spontaneously? It IS being used to teach the origins of life.

Because they are part of SCIENCE class, don't you remember school at all? Science class is a overall general class of different sciences. Biology is one type of science, and Astronomy is another. The are all part of science which overall goal is to better understand the world around us. Religion is a failed hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Duh.

That's the problem though we don't have the technology NOW.
It's called Moore's law, just because we don't have the technology now, doesn't mean we won't in the future. It's a fact that every year computers are getting more and more powerful, our technology is becoming more advanced etc. 10 years ago, did you think we'd have all the stuff we have now? I didn't. Imagine in 10 to 20 years. Every year the power of a computer is doubled.

even several millions of years into the future, even with all the computer technology possible (biotechnollegy also), a computer will not be able to feel pain, because it is simply a lifeless collection of protons and neutrons.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Double Fail: 1. That is a hypothesis. 2. It's already proven.

See if you can get your hypothesis in any peer reviewed journals.
Suggest you pick up a biology book and look up the human nervous system.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join