It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crypto-Chronicles Working Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ok.. Im taking the role of a Werewolf clan member "The Blood Line of Ruth" (Oldest Bloodline) should be fun.

Im off to do some reading / research, find some pics for the story and design a new avatar.

Looking forward to this..

See ya,

JQ.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I hope this goes over well. And I sure hope I get the position I asked for. Cause My bio is all ready to go. Can we get an eta on the actual story thread?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Were going to hold off on the story thread and try to recruit some new members before we begin, so the ETA would probably be in a few more days. I know we are all excited, but we want this to be perfect and have VERY little errors or trouble, especially conflicting stories and accounts. So we are just taking our time, if you want you can send me a copy of your BIO and I will read it over and let you know if you need to add something or not
I am sure it is great.

And yes you are the bloodline of Marcus and one of the 4 councel members for the Vampires
A VERY important position.

reply to post by John Q

We have a king!..lol.. Congrats John Q on being the king of the werewolves
Now all we need for you is a queen... Not to worry hopefully, one comes by and joins you by your side.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Bumpin this thread for new comers!

Come on people we need more particpants. If your interested let us know

[edit on Aug 20th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hi,

Would it be possible to u2u me your bio, just wanted to see how you set it all out and how far back you went with the history..

Thank you.

JQ.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Alright guys. Slayer69 has found a way to make the Orange color code work with quatations. The apotrophe bit is still in progress.

1) You can avoid quatations and avoid apostrophes, using a basic cant and wouldnt system so that way the color code would work. And you don't have to put quotations, because orange will signify dialogue automatically.

OR

2) Follow Slayers instructions:

How to make it work

OR

3) Not use it. That is up to you, if you want to you can, if you don't want to don't worry about it.

But Slay is still working on it and he will leave his findings here, if their is another break through.

[edit on Aug 20th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Actually both work now

Thanks for the post. I'll consider using it for dialog.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

PERFECT! That is fantastic.

We owe you big time Slayer

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think it's about time we got some work done. I'm getting a little anxious
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c534ac9d317.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

lol, me too. Lets give it another day (Because some of our people won't be back until tomorrow), to see if any new people want in. Also I will be sending out a new Update today that I want everyone to respond to when you recieve it so I have confirmation that you recieved it

Very cool photo slay
How you do it, I have no idea, buts its brilliant.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Since this is a crypto thread....

I was thinking that if I'm to be a hunter could I during lulls in the story between contributors fill the story line in with the hunting and elimination of other non opera related crypto species like for example the Jersey Devil or the Mothman etc? You know to add to my characters history and fill in the gaps.

In any case I'll be doing more work on bio as things come together.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Absolutly
Hunt and Stalk whatever you like my friend. That would be cool, you could carry a weapon made from the bones of the Mothman or Jersey Devil. You have a great Character, good thinking Slay and yes by all means your a hunter, so you have to hunt. Be sure to include what started or began your hunting career.
And if you have to take time off, just tell us your hunting a Bigfoot.

[edit on Aug 21st 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
***** Note ****** Bio's do not need to look like mine or anyone elses. It is your creation and your thing
That is unless your imagination stops working....lol... Thanks tothetenthpower for your help

Name: Zacharia Valentinus
Bloodline: Elizabeth
Type: Black Dog

Zach stood in the shadows of the park, trying to figure out if the clouds would part before he was able to make it home. If he were noticed tonight, things would not end well. He wasn't one to fight, more of an observer than anything else. But lately it was becoming harder and harder to get through London without patrols attempting to follow.

The Vampires had it easy he thought. They could move about easily, mostly because they had infiltrated the ranks of the hierarchy. The rain began to fall more heavily and as he peered through the park, flashes of that one night as a child began to overwhelm him.

He had always fended for himself. Having been orphaned at the age of three, he hadn't really been given the choice. Humans had been so unkind to the Werewolf clans, and that night had been no exception. Mind you he was not a Werewolf but it seemed people wanted to label him such anyway. While on the ship taking him to London, a group of older men had attempted to rob him, as his temper flared at being slapped around a few times, unexpectedly, the change began.

As the signs of his transformation became apparent, immediatly weapons came un sheathed. It hadn't been a very long encounter, about a dozen men fell easy to his agility and unmatched strenght. He took no pleasure in the killing, one of his first. And he had vowed to stay away from danger as much as possible from that point on. He had to make a decision, their was blood all over the ship and the ship secruity was seen from above, running down. Zach made the decision to jump off the ship and swim to shore.

Then again, there would be time enough to kill as he pleased. After over four hundred years roaming the planet he had made alot of friends, and some enemies. The Vampire clans had a treaty, he did not need to fear them, although there was talk of disturbances at the higher level. And he needed to see what the issue were.

He'd even befriended a few of the Vampires kind in order to gain valuable information at times, yet never felt at ease except with his own kind.

General Description:

Height: 6 Feet Tall
Hair Color: Brown
Eyes: Brown

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/704683ddfd88.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I love that idea Slayer.

In fact, Im writing a few NPC's just so you can pick them off. You're going to enjoy them I think.

A little bit of challenge that you'll be able to write yourself haha.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well done with the bio Myth!

That's collaborative writting at it's best.

Can' wait to see the others, and I'll post mine as soon as you reply to my U2U.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Thank you my friend
Your bio is in your u2u box now. Cannot wait, it was so good. The others are going to go crazy
I cannot wait for the others BIO's they only get better.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Name: Magnus GallowsRaven
The Blood Line of Lilith

Being old has it's charms, or so Magnus use to think. Twenty three hundred years is a long time to watch the world decay and then rebuild itself, it seems humanity will never learn.

Born in 230 BC, Magnus has very little memory of himself before his "rebirth" as a Vampire. he remembers nothing of his family or even his real name. It changed as the centuries went on. As far as becoming a vampire, he knows he was not given the choice. The affliction was simply thrown unto him for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Initially, Magnus had though himself cursed. The nightmares were not something that helped either. What initially was though of as just bad dreams became visions of things he did not understand, some he did not care to. Not having any of his kind for answers, he wandered aimlessly through the world attempting to find an answer, or others like him who could provide that answer.

In his travels, Magnus killed unmercifully. A meal was a meal, and who ever was present when an urge for blood came, Magnus knew no sympathy. He kept one piece of his humanity however. He would never turn another. Even the though of giving somebody this wretched curse made his blood boil and his fangs ache.

He learned everything he could. If immortal, why not be an educated immortal? This was something he had remembered from his childhood. He had never had the chance as a human to pursue his interests of history and philosophy among many others. Cultures, languages and stories, he learnt as much as he could.

Even that grew lonesome after a few hundred years however, and eventually the need to find some of his own overwhelmed him. His answer came on a trip to what is today known as Africa. In those days it was called "The Dark Continent".

The year was 560 AD and Magnus had been desperately searching for his own kind. He had spoken to many historians and shamans about the various legends surrounding beast who drank others blood and dwelled in darkness. One such historian had led him to Africa, where centuries ago, there had been a dark plague that ravished the land. Legend had it that the people there had turned into blood craving monsters who could not step out into sunlight.

With the information in hand, Magnus began his travels from Europe to Africa in haste. Travel has difficult since he could not travel during the day, but he eventually came to the place he sought. It was the Nigerian village of Nok. Their history was shrouded in mystery, but they lived peaceful lives. One of the first cultures on the continent to use master iron works, they were a bountiful people.

Magnus sought out the local shaman who informed him that there lay an abandoned city to the west which was inhabited by creatures of the night. They were of ancient origin and rarely disturbed the people of Nok as a treaty had been agreed upon long ago. Magnus' hopes rose with every word.

Having been a Vampire for many centuries now, Magnus had developed heightened senses, clearer vision, speed and strength beyond any man he had ever faced. However when leaving the village Magnus could not shake the feeling that he was being watched. Not only that, the person or thing watching him was far older and far more powerful than he was.

The journey to the ruined city was a long one. Having to hide in abandoned buildings and caves during the day, and traveling within the brisk night. This was something that he found particularly troubling about his condition. Voyages that would have taken mere days as a human took weeks as a Vampire. Being so shut out from society was another reason for him to find others.

As he approached the ruined city, Magnus began to feel a sense of familiarity. The markings on the wall, although ancient, spoke to him as he had known this place in the distant past. Even the architecture seemed to jump out of the visions and nightmares that came daily as he rested.

The cascading moonlight onto the ruins gave the place a sense of death and decay, yet to Magnus it was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. As he approached what look liked the remnants of a central Dias or sacrificial chamber a figure jumped at him from the shadows.

Had his reflexes not been as developed, Magnus would have been decapitated by the very apparent sharp claws of this beast. It cut through the Dias as a machete would through soft wood. After the initial shock, his primal instincts took over and he reverted once more to his Vampiric form. The claws became extended, his fangs protruded from his mouth. The smell of blood was in the air.

Something strange happened as he glared at the best in front of him. The beast knelt and bowed to him. Bewildered, Magnus spun around only to find others doing the same.

What are you? Magnus screamed aloud, his voice booming. The creatures immediately began to shift. Magnus could not believe how beautiful they were in their human forms. Never would he have thought of them as monsters.

One of them stepped forward. Judging by his size and age, Magnus assumed he was their leader.

I am Lazarus. We are underlings of the Vampire Clans. Unlike you, we do not have the privilege of living with our brethren. We were outcast long ago for sins committed against our kind.

Intrigued Magus thought of another question.

Why do you bow to me? I am nobody of importance. I am but a demon of the night, who has walked and terrorized humanity for centuries.

The creatures, now in human form, seemed confused by this statement.

You are a pure blood my lord. You are of the originating bloodlines.

How do you know this? Magnus snapped back. This is the information he'd been waiting for all these years.

It is apparent. He answered.

You smell of pure blood. Your eyes glow blue which is a mark of ancient royalty.We do not have all the answers for we are not pure bloods. We were mistakes made in times past. Our hunger for blood goes beyond anything you have ever experienced.

Our instincts are primal, we cannot dwell in large populations for people become aware and hunt us. The people here have been good enough to keep away and we only prey on the ones who stray too far.

Feeling badly for a creature worse off than him was not something he intended on doing. If he was royalty and something "special" he would need to find out why.

Where can I find those who are like me? I need to know more.

Lazarus retreated behind a makeshift dwelling and returned with a book in hand.

This is the recordings of our collective knowledge, everything we know about our kind and yours. There is also an address scribed within, we do not know where it is. A cold and damp place according to some.

As he reached for the book, Lazarus pulled back suddenly, a evil grin showed up on his face.

Ah, but you cannot take without giving pure blood. What do you offer me in return?

This game was getting very tiresome, and a meal was well warranted by now. Counting the one in front of him, Magnus could sense ten more lurking in the shadows. With a sigh he replied casually.

I will allow you to live, creature. I am not here to play games and will drain you of whatever real life you have left.

As he spoke those words, Lazarus attempted to use his speed to knock his opponent over. Unfortunately, Magnus being older, was quicker on the draw and slit his throat with one swing. As the book tumbled in the air Magnus turned to the rest.

Take your revenge I dare you. It has been ages since a good fight and you all would make excellent practice. If not, I suggest you retreat to your ruins as I take my leave.

The creatures retreated and as they did. Magnus raised a hand and caught the book. It was time to learn the truth, and find those who could truly explain it. In the pages of the book he found the history of his bloodline.

From what was there he came to the conclusion that he had been bitten by one of the first Vampires. It seems there was only one at that time, her name being Lilith, and she created all the others who came afterwards.

However through centuries the lines had been blurred as some turned those who were not worthy. According to the writings however, Magnus should have been a half blood and not pure. This intrigued him more.

At the end of the book was an address, just as Lazarus has stated. It was a London address, cold and damn summed up that part of Europe quite well and again Magnus travelled alone, through the nights.

Centuries later, Magnus had established himself within the Vampire clans as a respected and feared Supreme Leader. Having gained the trust of the few older Vampires and having been treated as royalty from the minute he was presented, things had been very easy.

He still did not know who is maker was, the Clans claimed not to have that knowledge, or the reason for which he had been turned into a Pure Blood. At 2300 years, it mattered no more.

He was content with ruling over his fellow brethren and had finally found his niche. Wars with the werewolves, Lycans as he called them from ages past, were at an end, and a time of peace had come across the lands. Sufficient treaties had been written and signed with humans to make sure hunter's only hunted those who we mutually agreed were a problem.

As he stood in the rain, pondering his immortal future, a feeling of deep disturbance took place, one he's been unable to shake off since.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f01965c49ba6.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 8/21/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa1588df229a.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0329130256d5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f43da4a4221d.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd54c1a32572.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/711a6bb7df1f.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0779bee0260d.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/270feb85436f.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Damn Slayer, that was awesome.

Way to use the Top Secret MJ12.

Very classy.

This is going to be a good one.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I figured I didn't want to give everything away just hit the highlights. There will be plenty of time later to fill in all the little details but that seemed like a good foundation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join