It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crypto-Chronicles Working Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just so it is clear, I wanted to explain how Skyler became a werewolf in the first place.

To drink rainwater out of the footprint of the animal in question or to drink from certain enchanted streams were also considered effectual modes of accomplishing metamorphosis.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, I know a full moon is something that makes them transform but I may need to make him transform at will. Which is something we may need to consider.

Various methods for becoming a werewolf have been reported, one of the simplest being the removal of clothing and putting on a belt made of wolfskin, probably as a substitute for the assumption of an entire animal skin (which also is frequently described).

Here, we can have the clan leader issue these belts to the members of his clan as a way to transform at will. The above external content was taken from the same link listed.

What do you guys think, is this permissable?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Also, I know a full moon is something that makes them transform but I may need to make him transform at will. Which is something we may need to consider.

Yeah, Ive been thinking along the same lines. Modern day werewolves (whatever that means lol) can transform at any time. This would be useful. Maybe its something that your bloodline is able to do. But not the rest of us.

It could be viewed by the other bloodlines as breaking with tradition. Im not sure if we are setting ourselves up for some in house conflict lol.

Who knows lol.. we will have to wait and see..

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Well I believe that is what this thread is for. To work out any kinks that may need to be worked out before we begin. Let's see what the others think. I can't wait for the adventure to begin!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you want to change at will, at anytime (Day or Night and at whatever freuency) you will need to be a black dog and in the bloodline of Elizabeth. But Werewolves don't automatically transform in the moonlight, its just as long as they are not entrenched in it and/or as long as they do not look at it. But since its technically "apart" of them (The moon being part of the werewolf), few find it easy to resist and just look at the moon and transform. So as long as you do not look into the moon or become entrenched in its light, you won't transform unless you want to

But if you want to use the bloodlines, than perhaps Alexander's bloodline can take this further and have the choice of turning in the moonlight. But MOONLIGHT is required for all werewolves to turn unless your a blackdog.

Or we go with the belts
After all this is 2010..lol.. So the belts are fine also. Make it somesort, of...hmmm.. Like a solar panel that can suck in the moon rays for use later? Is that fine with you werewolves?

[edit on Aug 23rd 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It's not a bad idea, and it would make sense, that wolfskin belt thing is aweome idea.

It would be a very usefull feature, considering that you would not be able to defend yourself if say I were hunting you on a cloudy night.

But we'll have to see what Myth and Masqua think of the whole deal. I for one am on board

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Alright, awesome. I can come up with a brief rundown of the belts thing in a short continuation of the bio for Skyler.

This could be something that has been locked away with the older clans in a safe. Only to be revealed in a power meeting about the escalating tensions between the vampires and the werewolves. I have to mull the whole thing over in my mind before I see it clearly. Oh, this is cool...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That would work out well for what I am going to introduce during the meeting, you've taken the words right out of my mouth lol.

I look forward to seeing how your going to write it in.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Is there a clan leader for Alexander yet? If not, he can be assumed and written in through what Skyler is experiencing in his day to day activities with the clans. I don't want to write what the clan leader is saying and doing if someone already took the position.

The reason the belts have been secret is because they are made from the hide of dead werewolves. They are gruesome to them and they really have no other option but to utilize their fallen brothers in this way. Does this make sense?

Also, there are only a few of them, that have been handed down from ages passed.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yeah that's a gread idea.

I though YOU were the leader for the Alexander clan?

Hmm.....You might wanna U2U Myth to figure that one out.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No, the werewolves have one clan, but gangs can be formed
But you will be considered Rogue by the King. But their is only one Clan of Werewolves.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

This clears things up tremendously. I can work with this. Who is the leader of the werewolves? Has there been one selected?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Seems to me its only fair that werewolves can transform at any time. The vampires have their powers regardless of time of day. They just can't go into direct sunlight. This would make an unfair advantage in the story IMO if the vampires could just attack 28 days out of the month and exterminate all the werewolves.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yes, King John is the leader, but you know him as John Q..lol.. But i want you to consider being a Semi Rogue Werewolf, with a gang of biker werewolves. That would be SO AWESOME!
You already have a gang, but just consider bending rules and killing Rogue Vampires also.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Exactley and lets remember that your Vampire king is working on Bio Weapons and Techonology to solve this issue
The werewolves are also technological savvy and building their Bio technologies. Hence the belt for them and some other technology for you guys. Also lets not forget this is 2010

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Most definitely Myth! I am going to continue on that bio that I submitted already to clear a few things up. For everyone and myself also! It may take me a little bit but it will be in today. The pain and triumph of the werewolves of old are coursing through my blood, making me relive their darkest desires and fears. I must make sense out of the confusion, capture them all and tell the tale.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Haha don't give it all away Myth lol

In any case this is all very new to the Vampire world as far as this story goes.

Ohh and if anybody is wondering, I haven't really released what my character looks like yet, other than the photo I posted, but in my first post will include all the details of his looks and weapons.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Question.

Is there any particular order in which we will need to post our OP's?

I'm just trying to figure out of the Leaders at the meeting should be the first, as they can do the arrival and what not? and then the other characters can detail their OP's from whatever direction we've given as King of both races?

Just a thought.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, I think that the leaders should post first, BUT Nature has something in the first OP that everyone needs to do. And I mine as well tell you people now..lol.. joking, I mine as well tell you Vampires and Werewolves now that the First Nature Curve is the Following:

EVERYONE MUST GO TO LONDON FOR THE CLAN MEETING. The meeting will be held in the Vampire Compound.

This is top priority. Your first post will be you heading to London and arriving to Vampire Compound for the Meeting of the Two Clans. I don't care how you do it, but get their

Now that everyone knows what Nature has planned. This should help with the first Posts of the Epic.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is good news. Will we wait for another thread to be created before posting, or should we post it here? Another thing, the vampires and werewolves will be attending the same meeting?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

NO there will be a new thread created strictly for the story that will be tomorrow.

As for the meeting yes, all LEADERS will be attending the meeting at the Vampire Compound together. I am assuming all player characters other than Slayer would be there.

However, I am writing an IN for Slayer so he may attend the meeting.

~Keeper

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join