Hello ladies and gentlemen
And welcome to this thread, Crypto Chronicles Working Thread. In this story I hope that it will be interesting and fun
in the same right. So without further wait here are the rules, the types and the fun all mixed into one...
1) A story thread is begun providing the initial details that set the stage for the Epic. No more than 12 members maybe involved. Separated into which
ever clan they choose and led by a clan leader.
2) Each Epic has a companion discussion thread (this thread), where in addition to general discussion about the Epic, participants can strategize or
coordinate on story elements.
3) Story threads are ALWAYS in character and serve as the authoritative source for all facts relative to the Epic universe. Ideas expressed in the
discussion thread are not part of the Epic.
4) All participants are limited to one character for the entirety of the Epic. A character can never die, unless either the member playing that
character consents to that outcome or Nature causes that outcome under a limited set of circumstances.
5) With limited exceptions, no member can control the actions or dialogue of another member character without that member’s consent.
6) There is no ending to an Epic.
1) Member characters always share the actual member’s ATS name, unless posted other wise when beginning, but their name should be CLEAR AND POSTED.
1) Team Members may only post once every 24 hours (To help and to make sure everyone is caught up, as well as time constraits and time zones).
2) Otherwise members may post more frequently, if such posts are 150 words or less of new text.
3) Clan Leaders may post at any length and with any frequency.
4) No member may post twice in succession without an intervening post made by another member.
1) Members are free to build upon previous concepts introduced by other members or introduce entirely new ones.
2) Members should preserve the integrity of previously introduced facts. If they are ever to be changed in some manner, the member is required to
provide a means that is consistent and logical to the Epic.
3) A member can never write facts related to another member character’s background.
4) Never post any out-of-role comments or questions in the story thread.
When quoting a member character’s dialogue, always use the “quote” tag, instead of the “external source” tag or “reply to” link options.
All media used must be uploaded to the ATS Media site. Preferably pictures only, no videos unless appointed approval.
Character Parking and Death
A team member may choose to park a character for some period of time, provided that time does not exceed 30 days (or a month). Thereafter, The creator
reserves the right to cause the untimely death of the Team Member.
Dialogue Text should be written in, orange to provide clear and concise understanding of speech.
Clan Types and Clan Rules:
Mythical Creature Index
-Coat, blacker than night, this doesn't gleam in the moonlight like a coat of a living dog.
-Eyes, some report eyes glowing of evil; others tell of terrible, emty black pits. And yet some others say blood red.
-Claws, these spring viciously from huge paws that make no sound as the monster lopes along. The paws also leave no prints, even in the softest
-Mouth, the teeth are hideously long and sharp, and foul saliva reeking of sulfur may drool from the beast's jaws.
-And lets not forget its strength and agility, both of which are great.
Mythical Creature Index
Venavores are like Vampires except for the fact that venavores drink and feed on poisonous or venamous creatures ****HOWEVER, in some tales they
can DRINK HUMAN blood as well****. Venavores can manipulate the minds of humans can talk to animals. Can read minds. Venavores have distinct eyes. The
most distinct being gray with a red ring aroud the pupil. When avenavores eyes flash white it means they are manipulating someones mind. Venavores
have what are called portals. they toss it up in the air shout out the name of where they want to go in venivian (their language) and the portal takes
them their. Venavores enemies are not humans like most monsters....In human form they are very attractive. Venavores are unlike vampires unsteryll to
humans. When in feeding but still in human form, the nails will grow long and turn black. The teeth will grow long. Venavores feeding claws are hollow
they use them as straws. they punture their prays flesh with the indez claw and stick the thumb claw in their mouth and suck our the innards of the
venamous or poisonous creature. Anytype of water is deadly to a venavore it makes them boil and burn. Their tears and sweat is red.
Bastets are werecats or halfhuman-halfcat.
Like werewolves, except the person turns into a cat and unlike their domestic counter parts; Werewolves and Bastets are often friendly toward one
-OTHER (Must be approved)
All creatures live in a Clan, however, their can be individual members that are not part of clan. If you are part of a Clan you have the advantage of
protection and friendship, whereas if you were by yourself, because clan members do not need to help an individual member.
A Vampire Clan, can be mixed with Venavores, some werewolves and humans. However, Vampires are mostly enemies with Werewolves, Black Dogs and other
creatures. A Vampire Clan can MUST have One leader at a time (The Counsel, Their is one elder in the counsel who the other three look to as the
leader), but the entire clan can grow with time whether it be through alliances with another clan or the creation of secondary characters, which are
just supports which ANYONE in that clan can control. New members are always welcome to a Vampire clan as long as the Counsel allows their entry.
A Max of 4 Vampire Clans at a time (The four leaders of each clan, make up the counsel and the bloodline of Lilith is the Elder **Explained later)
A Werewolf Clan. The creation of secondary characters can be used (BUT anyone can control secondary characters). Black Dogs can be part of this clan
and so can Bastets. Humans are not allowed in the Werewolf clan, but Humans can be friends with the Clan, but not part of it. Unlike the Vampire Clan
the werewolf clan cannot have more than one clan ONLY BECAUSE all the werewolves are in one clan. AND instead of a councel they have a King and a
Black Dogs have no clan, they are usually part of the human society. Only three black dogs are allowed in story at a time. However, the oldest Black
Dog is considered the leader, when a meeting is arranged.
Bastets do NOT have a Clan, because they are already aligned with the werewolves.
Venavores are individual vampires, they are, like the black dogs, part of human society. There is no limit for Venavores in the story.
Background/ Events preceding the story
Their are 4 Major bloodlines within the Vampire Clans (All Clans have different bloodlines mixed in HOWEVER, the 4 leaders of the counsel are all part
of one of these bloodlines):
The Blood Line of Lilith (Oldest bloodline)
The Blood Line of Claudius Saint Clair (The First Venavore)
The Blood Line of Marcus (Youngest bloodline)
The Blood Line of Samantha the Lioness
There are 3 Major bloodlines within the Werewolf Clan:
The Blood Line of Ruth (Oldest Bloodline)
The Blood Line of Elizabeth (Produced the Black Dog)
The Blood Line of Alexander (Youngest)
The year is 2010 and their is peace between the Vampires and the Werewolves (The major Clans). After many wars between the two clans, peace has been
made. But like all good things, they must come to an end. What will happen? Where will it lead? The story has just begun.....
What are we looking for?
- 4 Vampire leaders, including one supreme leader of the Vampires
- Vampire Clan Members
- A King and Queen of the werewolf clan
- Werewolf Clan Members
- Black Dog, Venavore (Can be 1 of the Vampire Leaders), Bastets, and HUMANS.
If you decide to be one of the Clan leaders let us know what Bloodline you are apart of. And remember that the Clan Leaders are only for Vampires and
Werewolves. Remember that the Clan must have the bloodline of the leaders as stated above and remember that their is ONLY a Maximum of FOUR Vampire
Clans, with each leader a counsel member. The other clans are only limited to ONE clan. So basically, their cannot be more than one werewolf clan
I will be a Black Dog and hopefully, a moderator will be able to play Nature or the Creator. Throwing twists and turns into the story and having the
ability to regulate the rules above and the rules that they see fit for the T&C of ATS.
So thoughts? opinions? Suggestions? Additions? Subtractions? Yelling (lol.. joking)
I look forward to your thoughts and if you see something wrong or something that you do not understand let me know! So I can clarify it for you and
for anyone else.
[edit on Aug 18th 2009 by TheMythLives]