It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crypto-Chronicles Working Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hello ladies and gentlemen
And welcome to this thread, Crypto Chronicles Working Thread. In this story I hope that it will be interesting and fun in the same right. So without further wait here are the rules, the types and the fun all mixed into one...

Rules

1) A story thread is begun providing the initial details that set the stage for the Epic. No more than 12 members maybe involved. Separated into which ever clan they choose and led by a clan leader.

2) Each Epic has a companion discussion thread (this thread), where in addition to general discussion about the Epic, participants can strategize or coordinate on story elements.

3) Story threads are ALWAYS in character and serve as the authoritative source for all facts relative to the Epic universe. Ideas expressed in the discussion thread are not part of the Epic.

4) All participants are limited to one character for the entirety of the Epic. A character can never die, unless either the member playing that character consents to that outcome or Nature causes that outcome under a limited set of circumstances.

5) With limited exceptions, no member can control the actions or dialogue of another member character without that member’s consent.

6) There is no ending to an Epic.

Character Names:

1) Member characters always share the actual member’s ATS name, unless posted other wise when beginning, but their name should be CLEAR AND POSTED.

Posting Limits:

1) Team Members may only post once every 24 hours (To help and to make sure everyone is caught up, as well as time constraits and time zones).

2) Otherwise members may post more frequently, if such posts are 150 words or less of new text.

3) Clan Leaders may post at any length and with any frequency.

4) No member may post twice in succession without an intervening post made by another member.

Writing Perspective:

1) Members are free to build upon previous concepts introduced by other members or introduce entirely new ones.

2) Members should preserve the integrity of previously introduced facts. If they are ever to be changed in some manner, the member is required to provide a means that is consistent and logical to the Epic.

3) A member can never write facts related to another member character’s background.

4) Never post any out-of-role comments or questions in the story thread.

QUOTING:

When quoting a member character’s dialogue, always use the “quote” tag, instead of the “external source” tag or “reply to” link options.

Media:

All media used must be uploaded to the ATS Media site. Preferably pictures only, no videos unless appointed approval.

Character Parking and Death:

A team member may choose to park a character for some period of time, provided that time does not exceed 30 days (or a month). Thereafter, The creator reserves the right to cause the untimely death of the Team Member.

Dialogue Colors:

Dialogue Text should be written in, orange to provide clear and concise understanding of speech.

Clan Types and Clan Rules:

Clan Types

-Vampires.
-Werewolves.

-Black Dogs:

-Coat, blacker than night, this doesn't gleam in the moonlight like a coat of a living dog.

-Eyes, some report eyes glowing of evil; others tell of terrible, emty black pits. And yet some others say blood red.

-Claws, these spring viciously from huge paws that make no sound as the monster lopes along. The paws also leave no prints, even in the softest soil.

-Mouth, the teeth are hideously long and sharp, and foul saliva reeking of sulfur may drool from the beast's jaws.

-And lets not forget its strength and agility, both of which are great.
Mythical Creature Index

-Venavores

Venavores are like Vampires except for the fact that venavores drink and feed on poisonous or venamous creatures ****HOWEVER, in some tales they can DRINK HUMAN blood as well****. Venavores can manipulate the minds of humans can talk to animals. Can read minds. Venavores have distinct eyes. The most distinct being gray with a red ring aroud the pupil. When avenavores eyes flash white it means they are manipulating someones mind. Venavores have what are called portals. they toss it up in the air shout out the name of where they want to go in venivian (their language) and the portal takes them their. Venavores enemies are not humans like most monsters....In human form they are very attractive. Venavores are unlike vampires unsteryll to humans. When in feeding but still in human form, the nails will grow long and turn black. The teeth will grow long. Venavores feeding claws are hollow they use them as straws. they punture their prays flesh with the indez claw and stick the thumb claw in their mouth and suck our the innards of the venamous or poisonous creature. Anytype of water is deadly to a venavore it makes them boil and burn. Their tears and sweat is red.
Mythical Creature Index

-Bastets

Bastets are werecats or halfhuman-halfcat.
Bastets

Like werewolves, except the person turns into a cat and unlike their domestic counter parts; Werewolves and Bastets are often friendly toward one another.

-OTHER (Must be approved)

-Humans

All creatures live in a Clan, however, their can be individual members that are not part of clan. If you are part of a Clan you have the advantage of protection and friendship, whereas if you were by yourself, because clan members do not need to help an individual member.

A Vampire Clan, can be mixed with Venavores, some werewolves and humans. However, Vampires are mostly enemies with Werewolves, Black Dogs and other creatures. A Vampire Clan can MUST have One leader at a time (The Counsel, Their is one elder in the counsel who the other three look to as the leader), but the entire clan can grow with time whether it be through alliances with another clan or the creation of secondary characters, which are just supports which ANYONE in that clan can control. New members are always welcome to a Vampire clan as long as the Counsel allows their entry.

A Max of 4 Vampire Clans at a time (The four leaders of each clan, make up the counsel and the bloodline of Lilith is the Elder **Explained later)

A Werewolf Clan. The creation of secondary characters can be used (BUT anyone can control secondary characters). Black Dogs can be part of this clan and so can Bastets. Humans are not allowed in the Werewolf clan, but Humans can be friends with the Clan, but not part of it. Unlike the Vampire Clan the werewolf clan cannot have more than one clan ONLY BECAUSE all the werewolves are in one clan. AND instead of a councel they have a King and a Queen.

Black Dogs have no clan, they are usually part of the human society. Only three black dogs are allowed in story at a time. However, the oldest Black Dog is considered the leader, when a meeting is arranged.

Bastets do NOT have a Clan, because they are already aligned with the werewolves.

Venavores are individual vampires, they are, like the black dogs, part of human society. There is no limit for Venavores in the story.

Background/ Events preceding the story

Their are 4 Major bloodlines within the Vampire Clans (All Clans have different bloodlines mixed in HOWEVER, the 4 leaders of the counsel are all part of one of these bloodlines):

The Blood Line of Lilith (Oldest bloodline)
The Blood Line of Claudius Saint Clair (The First Venavore)
The Blood Line of Marcus (Youngest bloodline)
The Blood Line of Samantha the Lioness

There are 3 Major bloodlines within the Werewolf Clan:

The Blood Line of Ruth (Oldest Bloodline)
The Blood Line of Elizabeth (Produced the Black Dog)
The Blood Line of Alexander (Youngest)

The year is 2010 and their is peace between the Vampires and the Werewolves (The major Clans). After many wars between the two clans, peace has been made. But like all good things, they must come to an end. What will happen? Where will it lead? The story has just begun.....

What are we looking for?

- 4 Vampire leaders, including one supreme leader of the Vampires
- Vampire Clan Members
- A King and Queen of the werewolf clan
- Werewolf Clan Members
- Black Dog, Venavore (Can be 1 of the Vampire Leaders), Bastets, and HUMANS.

If you decide to be one of the Clan leaders let us know what Bloodline you are apart of. And remember that the Clan Leaders are only for Vampires and Werewolves. Remember that the Clan must have the bloodline of the leaders as stated above and remember that their is ONLY a Maximum of FOUR Vampire Clans, with each leader a counsel member. The other clans are only limited to ONE clan. So basically, their cannot be more than one werewolf clan

I will be a Black Dog and hopefully, a moderator will be able to play Nature or the Creator. Throwing twists and turns into the story and having the ability to regulate the rules above and the rules that they see fit for the T&C of ATS.

So thoughts? opinions? Suggestions? Additions? Subtractions? Yelling (lol.. joking)

I look forward to your thoughts and if you see something wrong or something that you do not understand let me know! So I can clarify it for you and for anyone else.

Peace,
~TML

[edit on Aug 18th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
After receiving a u2u from a friend asking the difference between certain creatures, I will provide a brief explanation to some creatures:

Brief

Black Dogs: Unlike werewolves, black dogs can turn at anytime they wish and at any rate that they wish. They require NO moon to transform. They can vary in height, ranging from a household dog to the build of a bear.

Vampires: Can turn into Vampires whenever they please. Crosses do not affect them, garlic does not affect them, and other stupid things. HOWEVER, Sunlight will kill them if exposed for to long and of course decapitation will end a vampires life.

Werewolves: Are slaves to the moon, they can only turn if and when the moon is visible. Silver kills all werewolves and cutting its head off as well.

Bastets: Are much like werewolves, except can die from regular bullets or ammunition.

Venavores: Like Vampires, except water will kills them and of course cutting their heads off. The sunlight bothers them as well, but not to the extreme of a regular vampire.

Humans: Need I explain?????

This is an example of what your characters Bio Must include:

NAME
Brief Back Story
And of course a description of what your human form looks like (hair color, eyes, height, etc....)

And a brief reminder, this is a STORY. I want this to remain on topic
Don't get me wrong a brief joke is fine, but do not make this into a joke thread
Stay on topic with discussing the story and we will all be fine.

So if we get enough people we will start this puppy up
And SPECIAL THANKS to Masqua, I really appreciate your help that you will provide and the help that you have already provided.

So what path do you choose? The Vampires, The Werewolves, the Humans, or some other path entirely?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm very much interested Myth, you game to give me the go ahead? I need a new project..

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

We need to get more people in and than we make the final decisions. No promises yet my friend, but sense you were first respond, if you are accepted than you will be the first to pick what you want to be. But we need to get more people in here, before anything can be done.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Alright folks let's get some people in on this. ATS has amazing writers and there must be a few who can enlist in order to get this project started.

A dark epic would be fabulous

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This looks interesting... could be fun and a bit of a challenge too.

Another one thrown into the mix.. human to animal (different forms) im thinking skinwalker..

Anyway.. im in lol...although not sure which character to choose...

If you need any help, just let me know... not sure how I can help, but its the thought that counts lol...

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Fantastic.

Always nice to interact with members I have yet to know.

I'm sure you'll help make this very interesting.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Hey John, I think it would be best right now. If you were human and than became a skinwalker, but you would be the only one. I would rather keep it within the Vampires and Werewolf lines, but one different creature would be fine
Just make it to where your a human and than later down the story become a skin walker, that is of course if thats alright with you. BUT I want to make this clear that we are not making any promises to who is in yet! But we are working my friend
And I am glad that you want to be a part of this. If all turns well than you will be given the all clear soon enough.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I'm not counting my self in or out just yet. I am intrigued though I like the concept of being able to park a character for a bit. I tend to get very busy that's the main reason I wrote myself out of the space opera. But if it's ok to park a character for a bit say like a week or less then this may suit me.

My last post on the space opera

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
OOO I will join. I wanna be vampire clan leader!

and in reply to tothetenthpower, If you have ever read my other story entries (outside the space opera) I can write some pretty dark stuff

I wanna be clan leader for the bloodline of Lilith
[edit on 19-8-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

We will have to see my friend (I really enjoyed your writing in the Opera), AND thank you for your interest. The way its going we maybe getting started pretty soon. But I am not sure about your selection, you may have to pick someone else, if someone above you picks the Lilith Blood Line.

Come on People we need just a few More! Get in here and become a creature.

***** Also When we deicde when you start this you will recieve a u2u notifying you what spots are available and what you chose to be. AND their will be a notifier on this thread noting what spots are available. ******

So stay tuned.

[edit on Aug 19th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Awesome Slay I look forward to your decision
Let us know when you have decided so that way you can choose your person.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
[edit on Aug 19th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Just wanna bump the thread to get more interested mebers.

On topic:

I've almost finished my bio so I'll be looking forward to posting it when we get the green light.

Let's go folks, this is going to be ALOT of fun.

Also, what kind of Vampire "look" are we looking for? Do we have the huge claws and teeth or do we still keep our human appearance and the eyes change? Or is it different for each Vampire?

Pure bloods different from non pure bloods?

Sorry just alot to tie into my bio lol

~Keeper

[edit on 8/19/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I am working on a story for the current contest, but I could certainly find the time to join this intriguing story line. Myth, I am at your disposal. Tell me what I'll be and I will contribute. If you guys will have or are in need of me.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I am entertaining the Idea of being human no clan affiliation unless it is requested. I like the idea of being rogue maybe a Vampire/Werewolf hunter.

Don't really know how that would work out. We can't just imprison or kill off fellow collaborators or is it just a case of taking out their minions meuahahahahaha?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I like that idea, I'm going to have some underlings, probably alot of NPC's if the story allows.

I'm not too finicky with them either so if you were a hunter I'd let you kill as many as you found lol

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ok. I will choose to be clan leader of the Marcus bloodline.

second line

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wow a lot of EXCELLENT questions that I will address right now.

Vampire Looks:

Pure Blood, when transformed: Blue Eyes and Teeth grow. And the normal super-strength, etc.

Non-Pure Bloods, when transformed- Red eyes and Teeth grow. Not as powerful as a pure blood, but still strong.

Venavores- are explained in the OP, I believe.

reply to post by jackflap

Awesome, glad to have you on board. Nothing is final yet.

EXCELLENT idea
I like that alot, of course you won't be able to kill a collaborater, but the minions/ secondary characters....well.. have fun

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Awesome that's what I was looking for. I'm going to be a pure blood, although it won't make sense at first, it will later in the story when my character's previous origins and bloodline is traced back.

My bio is coming along very well, although it's probably longer than most lol Ohh well, it'll give the other vampires alot to draw on.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join