It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Pyramid Shafts Being Explored Now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This week the mysterious shafts in the Great Pyramid are being explored, once more, by a robo-team from Leeds University. Dr Hawass says they have already made a 'breakthrough' in the last week of July. Now they continue to penetrate the tunnels with their intriguing 'doors.' An announcement should follow in the next weeks...and I can hardly wait. The mystery and speculation has built up over many years!

Although the 'Leeds robot' just began the actual investigation of the secret doors last week, Dr. Hawass revealed at his lecture that on the 31th of July the Leeds team already had a major breakthrough. But that was all information Dr. Zahi was willing to share (except that they'll be taking a look at the other shafts also). No hint at what kind of 'major breakthrough' this could be, nor did he share any photographs, video or even just 3D sketches of the robot.
Leeds University: Robo Scarab News

The RoboScarab is an amazing piece of technology and looks like something from the movie The Mummy. I love this stuff...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea6012bdff50.jpg[/atsimg]

HK: Is it true that the team from Leeds University began the robotic exploration of the shafts in the Queen’s Chamber of the Great Pyramid last week?

ZH: Yes

HK: Do you intend to focus just on the southern shaft or will you be returning to the northern shaft as well?

ZH: We’ll do the south and the north shafts.

HK: Is the expedition going to be televised?

ZH: No, no. We’ll record it. If there is something exciting we will make it live.
Interview 8/10/09

For those that are new to these mystery doors, here's a quick run through...

This is a plan of the Great Pyramid and the 'air shafts' are the ones that are being explored:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77b9742cbfdb.jpg[/atsimg]

In the early 90s, Hawass supervised the planned exploration of the shafts. They aren't dead straight, but curve and are only 8" X 8". A robot was commisioned to drive up and film what was up there. It was broadcast around the world and people watched with mouths open in expectation. The most accepted explanation is the shafts are for Pharaoh and Queen to ascend into the afterlife. Others believe they are parts of an enormous battery or a water pump. Some believe they point to the stars where the imagined 'sky god creators' came from and where they think we will return to. The shafts have caused a LOT of speculation.

So much mystery couldn't come to a simple end as the robot hits a small snag...debris...and then unexpected 'secret doors.'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02d7a9c8eb9b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2b7ca5391cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce714cfc3564.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31235323081b.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89b95d0e3ee8.jpg[/atsimg]

Dr Hawass is thought by many to be keeping the secrets of the ancient Egyptians to himself and sharing long lost advanced technology with the US. Blueprints for spacecraft, Halls of Records, Stargates, alien bodies and much more are allegedly being withheld on his orders. In the eyes of many, he is viewed in the same light as the evil childcatcher...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fa056df8617.jpg[/atsimg]

There's good news for the people that simply don't trust the Dr. Hawass. This is his final year in charge of the Supreme Council of Antiquities as he must retire next year...

HK: Dr. Hawass, is it true that you plan to retire from the SCA next year?

ZH: Yes, by law I have to retire.

HK: What are your plans after leaving office?

ZH: I will continue my excavations in the Valley of the Kings, writing books, give lectures everywhere.
Link

Stubborn and dedicated to the cause of preserving the heritage of Ancient Egypt and taking legal action to have his looted artifacts returned to Egypt, he sent this picture to his critics...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15a2aaa6e784.jpg[/atsimg]

It's worth noting that before the Supreme Council of Antiquities began to exercise it's power, Egypt's historical sites were neglected places that had been looted, defaced and neglected for 100s of years...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9107649103fa.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad77b49446ce.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f7c1d07d05b.jpg[/atsimg]

So? What lies behind these 'secret doors?' Is it something incredible?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
This week the mysterious shafts in the Great Pyramid are being explored, once more, by a robo-team from Leeds University. Dr Hawass says they have already made a 'breakthrough' in the last week of July.

Thanks for the update. S&F to you, because the real thing ends up being more exciting than the speculative morass that folks get lost in.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
S&F! Finally he has to retire! Now we will probably start to see some really good stuff that was kept from everyone before. Nice find!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Half your post was irrelevant, but still good info.

Hope they open the doors.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24cb7f888e26.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for the comment!
I added the rest because not everyone is a fountain of knowledge. A few members were still wearing the latest fashion of Huggies when these last hit the news. My natural generosity of spirit took the time to give them a 'heads up' on the background and the opinions about Dr Hawass

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hawass knows more than he is willing to share. That door or whatever it is in the pic seems odd

files.abovetopsecret.com...

wasn't it presented like this in 1999 or 2000? i would swear it was a major finding some years ago...so no one got curious to see what misteries lie behind it... not even Hawass? strange...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is great news. As far as exploring the pyramids and getting new knowledge about the issue. But i cannot say the same about robo-scarabs. It is clearly a joke. Female/male robo scarabs, then breeding yourself and selling??? At least this part must be a hoax. No Dung Beetles were hurt during the design of the RoboScarab.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
Hawass knows more than he is willing to share. That door or whatever it is in the pic seems odd

files.abovetopsecret.com...

wasn't it presented like this in 1999 or 2000? i would swear it was a major finding some years ago...so no one got curious to see what misteries lie behind it... not even Hawass? strange...

Hiya, the doors in the OP are the same as in the 90s and early 2000. They're there to inform people new to the 'secret doors' about what they actually are. Plus, there's nothing like seeing those doors and the ceremonial handles to add to the intrigue

Hawass seems to have a LOT of projects coming to fruit in his final year. He's probably been waiting for the right technology to re-explore the doors. Let's face it, it wasn't his dream of live TV fame last time was it? Cameras rolling...cameras rolling...and...here we go...WTF!?...not another door?! No glory for Zahi that night, huh? In media terms, a flop.

This time, cameras on standby and media at the ready.

Here's an interesting video that shows the earlier footage...

NB: the views expressed in the video aren't necessarily those of the OP

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Egyptian artifacts belong in Egypt for sure. They are there national treasure.

This statement from your link says a lot. It says to me that it is our governments that keep the hate going between peoples of the world and not us.

"I think it can help in making peace for the two sides, Americans and Egyptians, and the Israelis and the Palestinians, and we hope that under President Obama that this peace can happen, to make the world happier, and not fight anymore, and no terrorists anymore".

For a Muslim man to say there should be peace between Israelis and the Palestinians while completely speak off context of archeology, says to me that this is what this man feels inside and probably most other Egyptians.

We could all get along if we could just get our governments out of the way.

While Mr. Hawass may hold secrets, this statement says to me that his soul is pure and if he is holding any secrets he is doing so under force.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Another excellent addition to the Lost Civilizations my friend
Great Thread, Great Presentation and amazing research as always.

Starred and Flagged.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hiya JC, cheers for the comment

Hawass has certainly downplayed the new exploration...I can think of a few reasons why too. Years ago, I actually hoped for a similar scene to Carter (allegedly) opening Tut's Tomb for the first time and his light reflecting gold and strange shadows in the dry darkness.

There's no telling what's back there, although I've lowered my hopes of a tomb of treasure and scrolls...the little boy inside has got his fingers crossed!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e47ab2990ac5.png[/atsimg]

Back on topic.

I remember the original investigation. I thought the little robot back in the day being cool. So are they convinced that they are both "doors" I remember speculation that they were "Blocks" Thicker than just doors if this is the case then they are in for a lot of drilling on the second blockage

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I remember the original investigation. I thought the little robot back in the day being cool. So are they convinced that they are both "doors" I remember speculation that they were "Blocks" Thicker than just doors if this is the case then they are in for a lot of drilling on the second blockage.

Hawass is fairly convinced that they are doors. I've just found a very interesting article from his diary. He believes that Khufu is buried within the pyramid and that *maybe* the tomb is behind one of these doors...

I do believe that Khufu still hides in his burial chamber inside the Great Pyramid. Some scholars claim that the doors in the shafts are symbolic — that the king would metaphorically open them to travel to the other world, but I believe that the doors are hiding real secrets, including Khufu’s chamber.

Last month, I met a young man from Singapore University, and he showed us all the steps we could follow to reveal the secrets behind the doors. Is he right? Perhaps, perhaps not. We will continue to meet with other people until we come to the right ones, those who can reveal the secrets of the Pyramids.
Notebook of Zahi Hawass

If this was interesting before, it's just gone up a few notches in my estimation. What an amazing discovery that would be! Fantastic stuff.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Having an interest in the mysteries of Giza, i'm quite excited that more exploratory work is being undertaken now.

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Hawass is fairly convinced that they are doors. I've just found a very interesting article from his diary. He believes that Khufu is buried within the pyramid and that *maybe* the tomb is behind one of these doors...

Although i accept there is plenty of potential 'room' left within the great pyramid, i have difficulty in accepting that a tomb lies behind these 'doors'.

Surely modern sonar techniques could quickly conclude whether any more tombs or rooms exist within?

Would there have been a grand and elaborate entrance to any tomb or burial room? Especially for such a king. Just look at the scale of the pyramid, surely they would not have 'blocked him up' in some obscurely positioned room?

Without going off topic too much , i wonder what your take is on Christopher Dunn's idea that these 'doors' were actually partitions and the two copper fittings are electrodes as part of his power plant theory.

Regards

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for this thread!

And I agree that it would be fantastic to find the tomb of Khufu. This king built the largest building of ancient times, and we know very little about what he looked like. The only surviving and fully akknownledged depiction of Khufu is this 7.6cm (3 inch) ivory statue:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe274d16d099.jpg[/atsimg]

In this statuette, Pharaoh Khufu is depicted as a competent, noble, and important man; he sits confidently holding a "nekhekh" scepter of dignity.

This statuette is particularly important because it is the only surviving depiction of Khufu. The builder of the Great Pyramid at Giza, Khufu was regarded as an important, if not ruthless, ruler. Though he is depicted here in his old age, he is also portrayed as a man of strong character and determination.

heritage-key.com...

The statuette was discovered in 1903:

It was discovered not at Giza, but in a temple in Abydos during an excavation by William Matthew Flinders Petrie in 1903. Originally this piece was found without its head, but bearing the pharaoh's name. Realizing the importance of this discovery, Petrie halted all further excavation on the site until the head was found three weeks later after an intensive sieving of the sand from the area where the base had been discovered. This piece is now on display in the Egyptian Museum, Cairo.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

Would there have been a grand and elaborate entrance to any tomb or burial room? Especially for such a king. Just look at the scale of the pyramid, surely they would not have 'blocked him up' in some obscurely positioned room?

Without going off topic too much , i wonder what your take is on Christopher Dunn's idea that these 'doors' were actually partitions and the two copper fittings are electrodes as part of his power plant theory.

The honest answer to your first point is that it's hard to say. I'm no expert or authority on Egyptian archaeology so I read the papers and evidence and draw conclusions from there. The GP has been investigated and analyzed for centuries. In recent years, a French/Japanese team yielded results that suggested the GP isn't entirely made of blocks. Their findings indicated cavities that were filled with sand. This would possibly be to minimize the labor involved in quarrying the blocks and ultimately result in a lower weight bearing down on the lower courses and bedrock.

Interestingly, the results pointed to a cavity beneath the Queen's Chamber...

French team consisting of Dormion and Jean-Yves Verd'hurt claim that a fourth, undiscovered room lies underneath the pyramid's so-called Queen's Chamber and insist that it is likely the burial chamber for the Egyptian Pharaoh, also known as Cheops, even though a damaged sarcophagus was found in the upper chamber known as the King's Chamber. They believe that, were this room to be discovered, it would perhaps never have been violated, and would probably contain the king's remains.
Secret Chambers?

Also there is this...

Using radar technology, Japanese investigators also confirmed a cavity a few meters wide. The French team suggest this is a corridor leading to a further chamber in the belly of the pyramid, which could be the real burial chamber. They believe that none of the pyramid's three existing rooms qualify as a royal burial chamber. Indeed, most Egyptologists do not believe that the Queen's Chamber or the Subterranean chamber are burial chambers.
As above...

None of which is conclusive, yet it shows why the SCA are prepared to keep investigating leads if the evidence is credible enough. For all the doubts and suspicions that findings 'are being kept from us,' to claim the discovery of a tomb within the GP would guarantee your name in history. It's probably the urge that draws people to that first college archaeology course.

Regarding Dunn's 'Power Plant' idea, I don't know. He makes a good case. His ideas haven't attracted much endorsement from serious scholars. I could quote criticisms and pretend I know more than I do. I won't do that, but I have the question...if this multi-million ton monument is a power plant....why are the 'electrodes' smaller than the size of our little fingers? He seems to use a lot of leading arguments to support his claims.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

great post

I was wondering if anyone could answer this question.
Can radar of whatever sort penetrate the pyramids?

I thought they had done this before, but I guess not.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Glitter and stardust again, Ziggy. Good post as ever. Finding that they really hope to uncover a tomb that's been there for thousands of years is very exciting. My inner cynic has been knocked out by my optimistic side
If Khufu's tomb is discovered, it'll be a day to remember. Funny how cool, calm detachment goes out the window at these times...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. There's some information there that i was not previously aware of , thankyou.

I agree with your point about the size of the electrodes in comparison to the size of the pyramid. However i was under the impression that these formed a small part of the 'plant' and could be compared to a component on a circiut board in a computer say.

anyhoo, great thread and your posts are well presented and very informative.

Regards s's&f

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Watch at 1:50 testimony from a near death experience regarding what lies beneath the pyramids. If this lady is correct, we are well into the last days.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join