It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dream pains etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Mods please feel free to move this to the appropiate section.

I've been a lucid dreamer for many years now, however for the past 4 or 5 months I have been feeling pain in my lucid dreams, how is this possible? I was dreaming the other night, I was a pilot for some experimental space craft, although in appearance it was like an old Gemini capsule... the dream went well until, it felt like it was intruded. I was feeling my body hair being pulled, I found this very annoying... I could physically feel it. I would reach back and feel a hand, try and turn around to find that there was nobody there. Also afterwards I was being pinned down and being attacked more vigourously... I could feel knives pressing into me, the blade(s) being held across various parts of my body, such as my neck and chest... I could feel the pressure physically. Is there an explanation for this? Either, metaphysically, psychic, psychological or symbolically? I'd like your opinions.... I also remember at one point hearing a pig oink, which I know is often the case with demons.

Opinions please?

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Well its not uncommon for dreams to have a physical affect/effect on people. Its basic psychology, if the dream was vivid and real enough, then psychologically she would have felt the pain and if it was vivid enough that psychological side could have turned it into reality, leaving a physical mark or feeling the pain in the dream. For instance with dreams pertaining to sex, the dreamer often feels 'pleasure' from them because psychologically the dreamer is in a deep enough state of mind to create a psychological fantasy that can cross into reality. Basically it goes to show the true power of the human mind. But this is in NO way spirits or demons, I know better and this is not the case. Just a very real dream...

Thanks for sharing

[edit on Aug 14th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply TML, I am somewhat mixed in my opinions regarding this... yes I do believe a proportion of it can be explained away by psychology as you have stated the mind is a wonderful thing! However throughout my Lucid Dreaming experiences I also tend to lean towards other explanations which often contradict the psychological explanation which most mainstream people would agree with.

I have had Lucid Dreams since I was a young child and also pocess a strong psychic ability, although I shall discuss that later! But there is something different about these Lucid Dreams to what they used to be like. Prehaps I am not Lucid Dreaming anymore, prehaps I have come to a stage of awareness where I am now entering the Astral plane on a nightly basis... my reasons for this are, I have encountered many beings in this state and have been given various information and impressions that I previously have not known or come into contact with. Many of the explanations of travelling through the various planes of existance tally up with my own experiences... I often travel through layers, thats what they are, they are reasonably hard to penetrate but once I do I feel a sensation of which I can only explain as rubber being streched across my face, each layer is distinct and different from the next. Typically, the 1st is very much like our own three dimensional existance, however the laws of physics appear slightly different, the next I can only describe as a layer of knowing/knowledge and beyond that is a layer (of which Ive only been in once) which is full of colours that I cannot begin to explain, the sense of euphoria I felt there has never been matched.

Interesting stuff none the less!

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Seen from a metaphysical approach you can argue that your 'spirit' / thoughts make your dreamed up experiences that real, you can physically feel them. Like in the movie The Matrix; if you die in the matrix, your mind will communicate to the body it is dying so you also die outside the matrix.

But seen from a materialistic perspective you could argue that the physical experience is there first. Your hair is stuck beneath your arm for example, so around this physical experience you dream up a mental experience. The same goes for sexual arousal; first the physical, and automatic, stimulation and around that physical experience, a dreamed up steamy affair is 'woven' that makes you orgasmically wake up.

Hi, by the way. I am Thymos and I am new

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thymos

Yes I agree with your matrix analogy, it does make sense that if an experience was real enough but your mind could not tell the difference that your mind would in turn make the sensations a reality!

My personal belief is that I have passed beyond Lucid Dreaming and that I am now making nightly excursions into the Astral Plane.

First of all I was being taught lessons, about how the physics work there and then I found that I was teaching the lessons myself to people who was in my situation.

Another thing I would like to add is that I have once again begun to get the 11:11 synchronicities, is this my higher self trying to convey a message to myself that I should exercise more control over my experiences? That I should let go of fear and just go with the experience?

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
reply to post by Thymos

Another thing I would like to add is that I have once again begun to get the 11:11 synchronicities, is this my higher self trying to convey a message to myself that I should exercise more control over my experiences? That I should let go of fear and just go with the experience?

Resentedhalo08.

Your question seems to be the answer for you. So, yes.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thymos

I suppose I was just seeking confirmation of what I already thought.

What I do find interesting is that I have these experiences and then I read about the same things happening to other people here on ATS after I have them, some interesting synchronicities there! A have a lot of the things I have experienced tend to fall into the Astral explanations.

Resentedhalo08.

top topics

join