It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black president: Will the blacks rule? A question...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

This is ridiculous. That is saying as, if a black man was put as a cop (and many are) that they would have the best interests of their own people at heart, not white people.

But guess what? The reality is that black cops fire at black people everyday. Black on black violence. I don't know what's up with that, but its a clear indicator that your friend's thinking is ..... not to offend, but kinda primitive.

You just need to take a clear look around and see reality the way it is.

BTW, about black people crying of joy when the election happened ...

We are talking about the youngest, and at the same time the first black president in the history of the White House. You, as i presume are white, are used to seeing white people as presidents all the time. But not black people. So you should have expected an emotional reaction to that when it happened. So should have your friend.

Afcourse that people's best interests in mind should be the priority to a president, no matter what his skin color or ethnic origin is. But we all know that's not the case there in US. But many people are blind to this. The fact that people still go out on elections and participate in politics by voting is proof enough.

But Obama's ratings and popularity has diminished recently, so i guess people slowly but steadily start to realize whats going on, and are pealing more layers of the "onion", since they already "smell it". Honestly, we are getting to the point of where it actually makes "our eyes teary". I hope enough people wake up before we get into more deeper crap.

And finally, i wouldn't care who runs my government, be it black, Chinese, Indian or a Cherokee person, as long as they have only my best interests in mind. But you asking the question if UK people can imagine having a Pakistani as a president, well, the mere question you are asking speaks volumes about yourself and your views. If you didn't had any prejudice towards Pakistanis you wouldn't have asked the question at all, which means you do have.

If you are not able to trust somebody from "another race" (lets be real, there's only ONE human race), then its you with the problem, not anyone else. This is something everybody should ask themselves if they have dislikes seeing somebody other their own people as presidents of their country. This forum is for open-minded people, and since most here don't have any problems believing in aliens or NWO etc., means that you have to be open-minded for that option as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LyricusMagna

We are talking about the youngest, and at the same time the first black president in the history of the White House. You, as i presume are white, are used to seeing white people as presidents all the time. But not black people. So you should have expected an emotional reaction to that when it happened. So should have your friend.
[

Not necessarily so, as previously stated I live in the UK and I'm not really that fussed who is the president of the good old US of A.

Afcourse that people's best interests in mind should be the priority to a president, no matter what his skin color or ethnic origin is. But we all know that's not the case there in US. But many people are blind to this. The fact that people still go out on elections and participate in politics by voting is proof enough.

So you agree there could be the potential for favouritism?

And finally, i wouldn't care who runs my government, be it black, Chinese, Indian or a Cherokee person, as long as they have only my best interests in mind. But you asking the question if UK people can imagine having a Pakistani as a president, well, the mere question you are asking speaks volumes about yourself and your views. If you didn't had any prejudice towards Pakistanis you wouldn't have asked the question at all, which means you do have.

Agree with you first statement. Disagree with your second, I have no prejudice? Did you know theres a large majority of pakistani males who won't have sex with females of their own race until marriage but will with any white girl in a nightclub as their regarded as "white trash" ?

If you are not able to trust somebody from "another race" (lets be real, there's only ONE human race), then its you with the problem, not anyone else. This is something everybody should ask themselves if they have dislikes seeing somebody other their own people as presidents of their country. This forum is for open-minded people, and since most here don't have any problems believing in aliens or NWO etc., means that you have to be open-minded for that option as well.

Now lets not put words in my mouth, for your information I have Iranian, Mauritian and English friends so that kind of makes you look a little silly sugesting I cannot trust someone from another race.

I'm talking about a minority becoming a majority through certain means, if that is a leading figurehead aka president being black so be it.

Your another who seems to assume that I'm racist and have a problem with black people. WRONG!

I actually went to college and every other student in my class was a different nationality to me so lets drop the whole race hate card.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well I will say that I live in CA and I admit its very liberal here and maybe thats why I dont encounter any racism I will admit.

I too live in CA, and while the majority of the state is very liberal, there are conservative parts. I can't make the claim that people I know or myself haven't experienced racism due to CA being liberal.

Inever once said I was speaking for everyone.

So what were you doing when you made the claim that blacks were not oppressed?

And sorry but I'm not giving out personal info about where I live, especailly on a conspiracy site thats crazy. If you really care, send me a u2u.

I did not ask personal info about where you live. My question was about where you lived, past tense. You said you grew up (past tense) in E.O., and me being very familiar with the area and knowing that all of it is not "ghetto" I was curious. However, it is not important at this point, and I have no clue about what a U2U is.

Dont twist my words around. Notice in my post I said racism has not affected MY life. I dont speak for others.

I didn't twist your words, and before you accuse people of doing things they haven't done, you should ask for clarification if you don't understand the context in which something is said. Notice in PT 1 of my reply to you that I said, "Your claim is limited to yourself, and there is no logical way you can speak for all black people in this country or make the claim that blacks are not oppressed." Knowing this to be true, why do you say I'm twisting your words?

Do you reall want my life story? I grew up in a extremely abusive household, both parents are drug addicts and drunks. We had no money and were constantly moving around Oakland...Around age 20 I started teaching myself computers and programming...For instance, I was shot in iraq a few years back. Thats all true. Hows that for turning a bad situation good. Please dont suggest I didnt come from a bad situation or that I was lieing. I'd say I've been through more in just 26 years than the average person goes through their whole life. If you think I'm making this up, do a search for my posts on here. I've talked about my life many times on this website, far before I ever read your post above.

As I've previously stated, "Again, you may have come from "extreme poverty", but this is something I can't validate, so I will take your word for it." However, what you are failing to realize is that while you did not rely on the government for welfare, you did rely on the government infrastructure (the military) as a support mechanism. You don't have a criminal record but many black men in this country do. If you had a criminal record do you think the same opportunity would have been there for you? If you had a criminal record, what would be the odds of you currently being locked up, on your way back to prison or in the grave?

And I know all about racial profiling by police. Never said that doesnt exist. I have 3 friends that were visitng home and where what I consider murdered by cops. I dont wanna tell the story. Ok, youve got me, I guess that does go under "oppression" or racism. I don't like police.

So you admit oppression is still here, ok.

As far as the poverty thing, obviously its nothing compared to third world countries for example, but for america I came from probably one of the poorest and crime ridden areas.

Yes, and there are many areas within a 50 mile radius where things are equally bad (Iron triangle in Richmond, the Acorns in West Oakland, E.P.A and the Towers, H.P. and Filmore in S.F.)

[edit on 15-8-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And as far as people other than myself and friends, obviously I cant speak for them and I wasnt trying to. I just wanted to point out that I and many friends came from a bad situation and turned it into a good situation. I may be wrong but the way I look at it if I and my friends did it, anyone can.

History, sociology, economics, our government and logic currently prove the opposite of what you believe. Currently, it is not possible for everyone or simply “anyone” to achieve upward social mobility. I suggest you google “Understanding Mobility in America”, download the pdf and spend some time reading it.

I have a cool condo and support a wife and daughter and another baby on the way, we are also buying a house in a year or so, and we are only 26. Obviously I cant speak for others in this country. And my success isnt mediocre, Imake good money. But I took the time to learn so I can make that money, nothing is given to anyone. I have no desire to be a millionaire or anything, I don't care about power. All I care about is supporting my family, being able to buy what we need, and having a nice roof over our head.

You work for someone, You live in a condo. You did not graduate from MIT or an Ivy League school. This goes back to the standards I’m previously mentioned, and is mediocre depending on who you ask and who you’re compared to. You may think I’m knocking you for your accomplishments, but that is not the case. What I’m trying to convey is the fact that what you see as success may be the bottom of the barrel to someone higher than you. What you see as success may be the best thing since slice bread to people who are lower than yourself.

Anything else is greed. And yes I do consider having a good car, a nice roof over my head, being able to support my family as successful. Anything else is GREED.

It is your opinion that anything else is greed. It is also your opinion that the car you consider “good” is actually such, and your opinion that a roof over your head is successful.

I'm a religious and spiritual person and I consider having lots of money bad for the soul. I'm also a firm believer in Karma and rich people step on many people to get rich. If I ever became rich I'd give most of it away to charity and poor people. I don't believein hell but I believe most rich people burn when they die.

I’m a spiritual person of the belief that having lots of money is bad for those who do not seek to uplift their fellow man.

I consider success living a good pure and positive life and being happy. Don't need tons of money to be successful. I judge success by good a person is and how much they care about and help others.

Although I have similar views, these are all opinions.

I am a freemason and that means I donate countless dollars every year to charities along with my lodge. I also donate hours every weekend along with my lodge brothers volunteering and helping abused kids and poor kids and homeless people in my old neighborhood. So yes, I consider myself EXTREMELY successful. I give back to people and community and expect nothing in return.

You do these things because as a freemason, they are required of you. This is not intrinsic nature, my friend.

I've formed these views I have from seeing people in my old neighborhood including my own parents, who were both drug addicts, and theyd sit around and collect gov money and blame everything on society. Sorry, but I'm not going to feel sorry for those people. But like I said, I gladly help people who cant help themselves.

You should feel sorry for them. You should look at them, consider their blindness, and reflect on how that could’ve been you.

We just have a difference of opinion about certain things, no big deal.No hard feelings

No harm taken, and as for blacks and computers ask some of your older relatives about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

And as far as people other than myself and friends, obviously I cant speak for them and I wasnt trying to. I just wanted to point out that I and many friends came from a bad situation and turned it into a good situation. I may be wrong but the way I look at it if I and my friends did it, anyone can.

History, sociology, economics, our government and logic currently prove the opposite of what you believe. Currently, it is not possible for everyone or simply “anyone” to achieve upward social mobility. I suggest you google “Understanding Mobility in America”, download the pdf and spend some time reading it.

You should feel sorry for them. You should look at them, consider their blindness, and reflect on how that could’ve been you.

We just have a difference of opinion about certain things, no big deal.No hard feelings

No harm taken, and as for blacks and computers ask some of your older relatives about it.

I understand where you are coming from now. I admit I didnt quite think of certain things when I made my first post you responded to. As for the mason thing, thats why I joined, because I enjoy helping people. We help a lot of kids from my old neighborhood and no one helped me s I want to help these kids in the same situation as me when I was younger. I think I've changed a few kids lives atleast. Obviously I can help peole without being mason, but Ican help more people by being one, and I like feeling like I'm a part of something too. Plus I like the symbolism and stuff, I've been fascinated by it my whole life.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think it will make some black folks feel empowered .. but the intelligent ones already/will soon see that this guy's nothing but another nwo puppet and thus is no role model for black empowerment ..

and yes .. barry's not black .. he's mixed .. he was born out of the womb of a WHITE woman which really makes it funny and ironic that so many black people worship this guy

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Black people who attended his acceptance/winning (whatever you call it) speech were over-joyed with happiness and some even crying. Why would they be so happy that their president is black?

That's a pretty dumb question and shows an obvious lack of understanding.

They werent 'so happy their Prez was black'- they were happy because finally America grew up and equality came of age- considering your country's history Obama becoming Prez was a pivotal turning point- they were crying because finally black people are getting the respect they deserve- it gives them hope- why wouldn't they be over joyed with happiness?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Blacks are oppresed via White Privilege, housing discrimination, racial profiling by police, institutional deviance, and economics. Moreover, blacks are oppressed when it comes to the criminal justice system. Finally, and this is important, the lack of values, materialism and how these are packaged and delivered for consumption have contributed to black oppression.

Notorious oppressor of blacks "economics". Seriously?

What does materialism have to do with black oppression?

Again, you may have come from "extreme poverty", but this is something I can't validate, so I will take your word for it. However, there are reasons why you were not held back, and this is not by your own will power or doing alone. In regards to you being successful, by what standards? You have a car and a condo, and? The guy you work for has what? The venture capitalist who just invested $17.3 million in a company has what? Three homes, a Brooklands, and a yacht?

Wow. The guy is doing well for himself, and for someone who was complaining about materialist values a few seconds back, I'm surprised that your definition of success is "Well, notice the venture capitalist over there, looks like he has a whole load more useless junk than you, guess you're a failure."

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sorennnNotorious oppressor of blacks "economics". Seriously?

What does materialism have to do with black oppression?

Yes, seriously. Blacks have been oppressed via economics for a long time now. If you were familiar with history, which I doubt you are, you would understand this is why Africans were used as slaves, why places such as Black Wall St were burned to the ground, how/why welfare helped hinder black progression and how many African Americans are not taught the concepts of ownership (especially in the music industry.)

Materialism has a lot to do with black oppression. Blacks have been held down for centuries, and as a result of being held down certain "dreams" or "wants" were not able to be achieved. This cycle is passed on from generation to generation to the point that when some African Americans finally make it, they do things they ultimately should not do. Basically it's the case of being given an inch and thinking that inch is actually a mile. BTW, do you understand how materialism leads to certain lifestyle choices and how those choices, coupled with the criminal justice system and sentencing, may lead to oppression?

Wow. The guy is doing well for himself, and for someone who was complaining about materialist values a few seconds back, I'm surprised that your definition of success is "Well, notice the venture capitalist over there, looks like he has a whole load more useless junk than you, guess you're a failure."

Wow. Idiocy and the lack of basic reading comprehension skills are your strong points. I must say your education system has failed you and I'll explain why. I was not complaining about materialist valies, I was pointing out the diffrences between values and how people determine success. Moreover, I never said he wasn't doing well for himself. In fact, I said, "You may think I’m knocking you for your accomplishments, but that is not the case. What I’m trying to convey is the fact that what you see as success may be the bottom of the barrel to someone higher than you. What you see as success may be the best thing since slice bread to people who are lower than yourself." In regards to MY definition of success, again you've failed to read that I told jeasahtheseer that my take on success was "similar" to his.

It's obvious something in my posts struck a nerve with you, but instead of being the harbinger of foolishness, I simply suggest you do more critical reading and less typing.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hmmm... I hate to point it out, but he's mixed race - half black and half white.

Given that he's 50/50, wouldn't your (friend's) silly logic dictate that he would be perfectly equal in his treatment of blacks and whites? I guess by your (friend's) silly logic, it's the Latinos who need to look out!

I think the positive media just jump on the bandwagon in calling him black because the thought of a 'black president' is so much more amazing than the thought of a 'mixed-race president'... too bad...

Rewey

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What does the future hold? Me thinks it'll be something like this...you should be able to recognize the quote.

"Get your filthy paws off me you damned dirty ape!" Nuff said!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizzu
Quite Possible. A long period of affirmative action coupled with a widespread "white guilt" has put a disproportionate number of blacks in positions of authority in schools, local & state and now the federal government.

and what's wrong with black people having the opportunity to be put into positions of authority in schools, local and state and Federal Government???

Don't you have a clan meeting to attend?...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Obama has as much in common with black americans as I do, which is nothing. He grew up in an advantaged life. The grandmother that raised him was vice president of the Bank of Hawaii. Attended a private school. Is a Harvard trained lawyer. He may be 'black', but he never has had the 'black american experience' if you want to call it that.

As far as I'm concerned his race is 'lawyer and politician'. Scummy like all lawyers and politicians.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The President isn't black...he IS whatever his MOTHER IS. I wonder what it would take for people to just go take a biology class and stay at least until the basic genetics chapter before getting into race politics.

But to answer your question...A MONGOL will Rule.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No, you can't basically do anything you want in this country as White Privilege is something you are not afforded. But if you still think you can do anything you want in this country try walking down the streets of Black Hawk or Napa at certain times of the day.

What white privilege? Did I miss a White Privilege meeting or something? Where do I sign up for this 'White Privilege'?

Hell, I can't even get a freakin mortgage with my va guarantee.

The rest of you crackers need to give me a hand up, stop holdin out!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
this has to be the most paranoid pro white topic i've ever come across with.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
The President isn't black...he IS whatever his MOTHER IS. I wonder what it would take for people to just go take a biology class and stay at least until the basic genetics chapter before getting into race politics.

But to answer your question...A MONGOL will Rule.

Either way you look at it, his wife is black, his kids are black and oh yeah, his dog is black. I have yet to see the white side of him

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

How about the Harvard University thing. Is that white enough for you? Seems like he would have prefered Morehouse College or Howard University. So he could be around more of the brothers.

But his wife is Black and that is why he got so much support from the African American community...do you think if he'd married a white classmate from Harvard that he would have pulled in those votes? The male is quite unimportant in many ways with regard to society. Who is your mother is what opens doors.

He and his wife represent a union between a european woman and african woman, as does his Presidency.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just an observation friends;

Look at every nation on the globe that's under the rule of an all black/negro governance, and tell me what you find.

Take a look at the islands of the Caribbean, and most of Africa. Can you see that type of governance here in the USA? Nearly every one of them are dictatorships.

When the Nubian's finally took over upper Egypt, and became the Black Pharaoh's, they brought down Egypt by total corruption.

I doubt very much, that the USA government will ever be taken over by an all black body. We are too diverse, with many many different races and cultures that want representation. We'd never settle for just one ruling race. Of course Whites controlled the USA for the last 235 years. Just because Obama was elected, by fraud, doesn't mean that the real power base has shifted.

Wall Street runs the White house, along with the Israeli Kenesit. Obama's so called social justice of economic redistribution isn't going to happen. Once he tries to undermine the profitability of American corporations, as well as take wealth via exorbitant taxes, they will revolt. Whether he knows it or not, he is already a "One Termer". He has under estimated the power of the US businessman. He has also over estimated his own power/ and blown his credence.

The Health Care scam of the century is all about control. It has nothing to do with keeping anyone healthy or living longer. That much is clear.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join