It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black president: Will the blacks rule? A question...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sorennn

I think the point she was trying to make is after all the years of slavery and hardship black people have suffered from the hands of white people, now that America has a black president is it possible that his beliefs and knowledge of history would tempt him to treat blacks more favourably than white?

And now that there is a black president will the blacks in America feel more inclined to stand up or control the whites because I'm pretty sure there is still hatred within certain parts of the black culture in America due to events that have happened in the past?

With regards to him being mixed race; well I saw more black/coloured people cheering for him at his acceptance speech than white people so why would that be?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm sure many of you will disagree with me, and I fully expect a certain amount of backlash due to what I'm about to say:
First of all, I don't have it in me to hate anyone simply because of skin colour. No matter the colour of one's skin we all bleed red, and because our world gets smaller every day, we should learn to live together as the 'Human Race'. On the other hand however, I see countries with populations that are mostly black, and are governed (ruled in some cases) by blacks. Unfortunately I also see a lot of civil unrest and poverty in most of these same countries. In Africa for instance, even now there are countries that have ousted (shot) their white governments, butchered most of the white farmers then burned the farms. Sure the blacks now have their own people in power, but because of what they did in order to get there, nothing is growing and populations are starving. Not exactly what I would call "good and capable" government, and there never will be. Here these people are living in the 21st century and yet those in power have to surround themselves with their own people because of some stupid 'tribal warfare' that's been going on for hundreds of years, with no one able to remember what started it. These countries need strong leaders, even if they are a bit touched in the head, but it seems like when a suitable leader is found, and the country might even be starting to prosper, the C.I.A. takes them out. The weapons manufacturers require many of these smaller countries to be in a constant state of civil war.
In Africa the main problem appears to be this tribal mentality, whilst here in the western world, and on a smaller scale we call it "gang mentality". As I said at the beginning of this post, I'm expecting a certain amount of backlash, but now that I think about it, "HATE MAIL" is more fitting term, but seriously folks, do a web search on prison population percentages on a per capita basis, then tell me if you feel blacks are ready to rule on their own. On a perfect world, yes, but we have a long way to go.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by sorennn

I think the point she was trying to make is after all the years of slavery and hardship black people have suffered from the hands of white people, now that America has a black president is it possible that his beliefs and knowledge of history would tempt him to treat blacks more favourably than white?

And now that there is a black president will the blacks in America feel more inclined to stand up or control the whites because I'm pretty sure there is still hatred within certain parts of the black culture in America due to events that have happened in the past?

With regards to him being mixed race; well I saw more black/coloured people cheering for him at his acceptance speech than white people so why would that be?

First point, perhaps.

Second point, even if that were the case (and I don't believe it is) the (mostly) lower on the socio-economic ladder blacks have no way of asserting control over the (mostly) better off whites, or even the gun-totting poorer redneck whites who hate the idea of his presidency. This is a non-issue.

As for your last point, (and this is going to sound terribly insulting and for that I apologise) perhaps you can't count. Obama received more votes from the white population than he did any other race, simply because there are more of them voting in America. Maybe your eyes don't work, or maybe you're just pulling things from the air. I don't know.

More to the point, in what way does this affect his race? The FACT of the matter is that he is MIXED race, white and black, raised predominantly by his white grandparents. These things we know.

And why would him being part white pose a problem? Why are you so against the idea? Why do you make statements that seem to be of the position that this somehow detracts from the situation? Unfortunatley we're on the internet and I can't do my infinitely witty and clever "*cough* racist" joke, so you're just going to have to imagine that for yourself in your mind.

He's as white as he is black: fact.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sorennn

More to the point, in what way does this affect his race? The FACT of the matter is that he is MIXED race, white and black, raised predominantly by his white grandparents. These things we know.

And why would him being part white pose a problem? Why are you so against the idea? Why do you make statements that seem to be of the position that this somehow detracts from the situation? Unfortunatley we're on the internet and I can't do my infinitely witty and clever "*cough* racist" joke, so you're just going to have to imagine that for yourself in your mind.

He's as white as he is black: fact.

The fact that the president of America is mixed race doesn't pose a problem to me and I'm not against the idea at all. I've already stated previously that the president of the USA doesn't really interest or affect me, I like in the UK.

It just seemed to mean more to the black people when he was elected, people were crying etc I didn't see that many white people cheering.

Maybe I took the reactions of the black people to mean that now they have a black/mixed president things are going to be different for them?

[edit on 14/8/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hope and the realization that all men are created equal thats why they cried.

Also how would white america feel if a native american Indian was president, now that one would be interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Maybe I took the reactions of the black people to mean that now they have a mixed president things are going to be different for them?

YES, these reactions are an indication of those particular black people feel that things are going to be different for them. But this is the sign of a people with a new hope, not a plan, means or will to rule over their fellow man. They are not going to leap up the socio-economic ladder just because a half-black president is in the white house, if they had the ability to do so so easily, it would have been done so decades ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Edit: you know what, nevermind. I'm not going to get into this.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hey now, I thought the motto here was "deny ignorance". A Black President yes he is but,,,, doesn't he have to get issues and policies approved, by the "Ruling Class".? And by Class I do not mean color, I'm talking about the CEO's, former Politicians, major players in the world of business. And while I am sure some of them are black, they definitely do not make up the majority.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

My friend is of the opinion that now that America has a black president there is the possibility of blacks ruling over the whites.

Won't happen.

Some black people think/thought it would. Like the New Black Panther party people who were yelling at white voters in Philadelphia about how the 'crackers would be ruled by a black man'. But in reality ... it won't happen.

Some black people thought they'd get a free ride .. like peggy the moocher ...

But of course there were some white people in the past that thought they'd get a free ride from Jimmy Carter as well.

But there is no evidence to support the notion that black people would somehow rise up and rule over non-black people in some kind of dictatorship state or something. That's just not going to happen.

This friend of mine believes that Obama, being black himself, will put his fellow peoples best interests at heart above those of the white people.

20 years of indoctrination at Rev. Wrights anti-white cult in Chicago has been deeply ingrained on/in him. His recent appointment of racist Sotomayor to the SCOTUS does make ya' wonder a bit. As does his pick of Eric Holder to head the (in)justice dept ... Eric Holder who is letting the New Black Panthers get off ...

Sotomayor thread
Obama (in)justice dept protecting New Black Panthers

So I can see how someone would be concerned about this.
It's something to keep an eye on.
But remember that it's the NWO that really is running 'tool-Obama'.
Whatever he does, it is his puppet masters that are pulling the strings.
What THEY want will happen on the big things.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
And speaking of the new black panther party they make me sick. Some people might think the black panthers of the 60s were racist, but really at that time there was really stuff to fight for, there isnt really any oppression nowadays at all. Also if you read about original panthers of the 60ss they taught power to ALL people. They taught equality for ALL people. The modern black panthers are racist idiots and have completely lost the ideals of the original ones. There where actually quite a few white black panther members and supporters. Believe it or not. Although of course it was mainly a black organization and they fought for equal rights, which they didnt have at the time with segregation and stuff. But theres no need for black panthers nowadays.

Nowadays they exist as aracist organization though. No better than the KKK. Thats not what the original leaders would have wanted. Also I'm willing to bet most original black panthers would want nothing to do with Obama, hes a puppet.

Blacks arent oppressed in any way nowadays. Sure some blame whites for everything, but a lot don't. I came from one of the worst ghettos in america, I refused to use wellfare or anything, I left home at 15 and got off my ass and got a job and worked and made something of myself. Now I support a wife and kid and another baby on the way. We have a nice condo in a good part of town and are getting a house in a couple years, we are doing great and my wife and I are only 26! I have plenty of friends that have done the same. I have never had racism hold me back, matter of fact, I've hardly encountered it. And NOTHING has been given to me. I do admit I live in California and its very liberal here and that may be why theres no racism.

Iwish people would stop thinking we blame everything on whites, a lot of us don't. And us hard working black people don't respect the moochers who are capable of working but yet choose todo drugs and pop out kids and leach off the gov. I just want people to know we dont respect them either.

Oh and once again, tons of black people cannot stand Obama!!!! Hes just a rich prettyboy puppet!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Since the name of this site is "Above Top Secret", and we are here to Deny Ignorance, supposedly. I will begin with this,and that is:

In short, in answer to your question pertaining to Blacks assuming a role of dominance/rule in the US as a result of Obama.....NO.

Our so called Democracy is a farce, merely provided to create the illusion that we are really Free. And free to elect our leaders.
ALL of our Presidents and your Prime Ministers IMA are all groomed by the Powers That Be.
Simply look at the Bilderberg attendees list and the whos whos in world politics.

Back to Obama though, we know that his background is questionable. But that is due to the fact that his Mother, Stanley Ann Dunham (Sotero) worked for the Ford Foundation, a known CIA front.
(With Tim Geithner's Dad I might add.)
She coincidentally met Obama's Father in 1960 while attending the University of Hawaii, in a Russian class. Just think, it's 1960 and the Cold War was flourishing. The CIA needed lots of Russian speaking employees/agents at the time. Hmmm ?

When Ron Paul , running on the Republican ticket was so expediently banished and Obama won the election it became quite apparent to me that the anointed one was placed in the POTUS to keep us Americans divided among not only political lines but by something much more fundamental here in the US, which is Racial lines.

With all of the disdain here in the US and represented here on ATS, unbeknownst to most Americans that they are being played, it Is ALL apparently working exactly according to plan.

Those FEMA camps were built for a definitive reason and the armed forces, now well trained in urban warfare after fighting the "Insurgents" in Iraq will have nary a problem with these militias and their new , recently purchased AR-15s. Especially after they've run out of ammo.

Live Free or Die

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I wonder if Peggy still worries about putting gas in her car and paying her mortgage?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Seriously...you cannot make this stuff up!

This guy must be a Dave Chapelle fan.

Source

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I've been a member here for a while, years actually, and instead of posting I would read the emails and articles sent to my email. However, I'm going to make it a point to start posting now and being more involved with the ATS community as I feel it is something that should be done. With that being said let us proceed with the OP.

My friend is of the opinion that now that America has a black president there is the possibility of blacks ruling over the whites.

My question to you is what/where is your friends opinion derived from?

Black people who attended his acceptance/winning (whatever you call it) speech were over-joyed with happiness and some even crying. Why would they be so happy that their president is black?

There were many people, not just blacks, who were over-joyed with happiness and crying. They are happy that their president is "black" because they have never been represented in such fashion. This country has a history of racism and discrimination, so naturally when a man of "color" takes office it is a big leap and step away from what has been the norm. However, this man is not "black" he is bi-racial, and I'm of the opinion that people who refer to him as black, no matter what color those people are, are endorsing and further promoting the "one-drop" rule.

Which is more important your presidents skin colour or that he has your countrys best interests at heart?

This would depend on who you ask, their outlook on race relations, etc. If you ask me personally, neither matter because I KNOW the game doesn't change, only the faces.

This friend of mine believes that Obama, being black himself, will put his fellow peoples best interests at heart above those of the white people.

Obama is not "black", and his fellow people are the global elite. He will put their interest before the interest of people who they believe are "questionable" or "unwanted."

Now, I'm not necessarily saying I agree with this theory but I do understand the point my friend was trying to make and could see something similiar albeit on a smaller scale occuring.

Explain how you understand the point your friend was trying to make and how you can see something similar on a smaller scale.

The question I was told to ask was what would happen if the UK had a Pakistani Prime-Minister? How would the UK public react? How would they feel?

Before I would answer that I would ask if the U.K. had millions of Pakistanis residing in their borders, then I would ask if those people had a history of being raped, murdered, robbed, tortured, oppressed and ostrascized by non-Pakistani citizens and the UK government.

I'm not inferring that there is anything wrong with Pakistani's, I just simply picked them as a different race.

If your selection is random it doesn't do anything to support the premise.

Surely it would make sense that if a Pakistani was prime-minister he/she would put their own people first?

How so? What if he/she had issues off self-hate?

A black president is one of the causes for recent rise in Militia groups?

I agree with this.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Blacks arent oppressed in any way nowadays.

And you make this claim based on what?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Blacks arent oppressed in any way nowadays.

And you make this claim based on what?

I make it based on I'm part black (half black, but my "white side" has not given me any more opportunity than anyone else. Most people cant even tell I'm part white.) myself and grew up in one of the worst in ghettos in america (east oakland) and I got off my ass and got a job and no racism held me back. How exactly are we oppressed nowadays? Racism has not once affected me in life, I've been called names but who cares? That doesnt affect me. I came from extreme poverty to pretty successful and I'm only 26. NOTHING has held me back. I came from the worst situation possible for anyone black or white and improved my life 10 fold. I have tons of friends from the same area that have done the same thing.

A lot of black people want to siton their ass and pretend we are oppressed still. This isnt the 60s anymore

How about you explain to me how we ARE oppressed? We can basically do anything we want in america. Same as people of all colors. If you think the color of our skin is holding you back you are a weak minded person, no offense.

All the guys I know that have been denied good jobs and stuff it wasnt based on race, it was based on their extensive criminal records. I am not a criminal and have no record and have self taught myself computers and programming and got a great a job.

I've sad it many times and I'll say it again, the race card is for LAMES!! And BTW Obama is a horrible president, I'm glad to say I didnt vote for him. He does not represent the average black or white person at all, hes another puppet. I am proud to say I was not one of the ones crying with joy when he was elected. I've read articles saying people from the "inner city" identify with him, I know no one who identifies with him, hes a rich pretty boy.

Peace

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I make it based on I'm part black (half black, but my "white side" has not given me any more opportunity than anyone else...myself and grew up in one of the worst in ghettos in america (east oakland) and I got off my ass and got a job and no racism held me back.

Your claim is limited to yourself, and there is no logical way you can speak for all black people in this country, or make the claim that blacks are not oppressed. Your experiences are exclusive to yourself and do not represent the black population or even a significant portion of such. In regards to you growing up in "one of the worst ghettos in america (East Oakland), I wouldn't go as far as to label all of East Oakland "ghetto." If you could be more specific and tell what street specifically, that would shed some light on your claim.

Concerning your claim that you got off your ass, got a job and racism didn't hold you back, they are your claims and experiences, and these are not exclusive to black people in this country, not all black people are capable doing what you claimed you did.

How exactly are we oppressed nowadays?

Blacks are oppresed via White Privilege, housing discrimination, racial profiling by police, institutional deviance, and economics. Moreover, blacks are oppressed when it comes to the criminal justice system. Finally, and this is important, the lack of values, materialism and how these are packaged and delivered for consumption have contributed to black oppression.

Racism has not once affected me in life, I've been called names but who cares?That doesnt affect me.

That is your life. It may not affect you, but that does not mean it does not affect others. Do you see the difference?

I came from extreme poverty to pretty successful and I'm only 26. NOTHING has held me back.

Again, you may have come from "extreme poverty", but this is something I can't validate, so I will take your word for it. However, there are reasons why you were not held back, and this is not by your own will power or doing alone. In regards to you being successful, by what standards? You have a car and a condo, and? The guy you work for has what? The venture capitalist who just invested $17.3 million in a company has what? Three homes, a Brooklands, and a yacht?

I came from the worst situation possible for anyone black or white and improved my life 10 fold. I have tons of friends from the same area that have done the same thing.

How did you come from the worst situation possible? The only thing you said is you were from East Oakland, dropped out of school and were called names. How is that the worst situation possible for anyone black or white? Moreover, is that claim limited to people in the Bay Area, or does it extend to the rest of the globe?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

A lot of black people want to siton their ass and pretend we are oppressed still. This isnt the 60s anymore

Some blacks also want to pretend that because they have mediocre "success” that all blacks are capable of achieving the same thing, and this is historically and logically inaccurate.

How about you explain to me how we ARE oppressed?

I already did, and if you would like specifics address what has been presented.

We can basically do anything we want in america. Same as people of all colors. If you think the color of our skin is holding you back you are a weak minded person, no offense.

No, you can't basically do anything you want in this country as White Privilege is something you are not afforded. But if you still think you can do anything you want in this country try walking down the streets of Black Hawk or Napa at certain times of the day.

Same as people of all colors. If you think the color of our skin is holding you back you are a weak minded person, no offense.

This isn't about me, and I never said the color of anyones skin was holding *me* back. Is it still holding back blacks in this country? Absolutely, and to pretend that race is not an issue today is pure idiocy, take it how you want.

All the guys I know that have been denied good jobs and stuff it wasnt based on race, it was based on their extensive criminal records.

Those are all the guys YOU know. What about all the people I know? What about all the people your wife knows? What about the people they know? What about the people everyone on ATS knows?

I am not a criminal and have no record and have self taught myself computers and programming and got a great a job.

This is great, but what about those who do have criminal records, can’t get certain things expunged, or have brought into the pre Myspace or free mp3 era which promoted the lies that “computers are for nerds”, “computers are for “white boys” and “blacks don’t like computers”?

I've sad it many times and I'll say it again, the race card is for LAMES!!

That is great that you’re saying it, but what I’m talking about has nothing to do with a “race card”, and if you’re implying it does, you’re using the term out of context. (Similar to how people use “Uncle Tom” out of context.)

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Some blacks also want to pretend that because they have mediocre "success” that all blacks are capable of achieving the same thing, and this is historically and logically inaccurate.

Well I will say that I live in CA and I admit its very liberal here and maybe thats why I dont encounter any racism I will admit. Inever once said I was speaking for everyone. And sorry but I'm not giving out personal info about where I live, especailly on a conspiracy site thats crazy. If you really care, send me a u2u.

Dont twist my words around. Notice in my post I said racism has not affected MY life. I dont speak for others.

Do you reall want my life story? I grew up in a extremely abusive household, both parents are drug addicts and drunks. We had no money and were constantly moving around Oakland. The abuse got so bad me and my sister left home at 15. Along with my girlfriend and nowwife, who also had abusive family. We were homeless for a few years. I joined the marnes at 18, my sister followed when she was of age. She was blown up by a car bomb outside a cafe in iraq when she was 19. rest in peace. I was shot in the head when I was in riraq and have permanent brain damage. My wife and I had a baby at 19. Around age 20 I started teaching myself computers and programming. All self taught. 2 years ago I got hired at a local company and since then life is good.Thats a very rough timeline of my life, and everything didnt happen exactly in that order. For instance, I was shot in iraq a few years back.

Thats all true. Hows that for turning a bad situation good. Please dont suggest I didnt come from a bad situation or that I was lieing. I'd say I've been through more in just 26 years than the average person goes through their whole life.

If you think I'm making this up, do a search for my posts on here. I've talked about my life many times on this website, far before I ever read your post above.

And I know all about racial profiling by police. Never said that doesnt exist. I have 3 friends that were visitng home and where what I consider murdered by cops. I dont wanna tell the story. Ok, youve got me, I guess that does go under "oppression" or racism. I don't like police.

As far as the poverty thing, obviously its nothing compared to third world countries for example, but for america I came from probably one of the poorest and crime ridden areas.

And as far as people other than myself and friends, obviously I cant speak for them and I wasnt trying to. I just wanted to point out that I and many friends came from a bad situation and turned it into a good situation. I may be wrong but the way I look at it if I and my friends did it, anyone can. I have a cool condo and support a wife and daughter and another baby on the way, we are also buying a house in a year or so, and we are only 26. Obviously I cant speak for others in this country. And my success isnt mediocre, Imake good money. But I took the time to learn so I can make that money, nothing is given to anyone. I have no desire to be a millionaire or anything, I don't care about power. All I care about is supporting my family, being able to buy what we need, and having a nice roof over our head.

Anything else is greed. And yes I do consider having a good car, a nice roof over my head, being able to support my family as successful. Anything else is GREED. I'm a religious and spiritual person and I consider having lots of money bad for the soul. I'm also a firm believer in Karma and rich people step on many people to get rich. If I ever became rich I'd give most of it away to charity and poor people. I don't believein hell but I believe most rich people burn when they die.

I consider success living a good pure and positive life and being happy. Don't need tons of money to be successful. I judge success by good a person is and how much they care about and help others. If we are going by that definition of success I'm a millionaire. I am a freemason and that means I donate countless dollars every year to charities along with my lodge. I also donate hours every weekend along with my lodge brothers volunteering and helping abused kids and poor kids and homeless people in my old neighborhood. So yes, I consider myself EXTREMELY successful. I give back to people and community and expect nothing in return.

I've formed these views I have from seeing people in my old neighborhood including my own parents, who were both drug addicts, and theyd sit around and collect gov money and blame everything on society. But obviously these are just my opinions on this, I dont speak for everyone. I also get these views from a few of my friends, although they are m friends they are lazy as hell and just sit around and smoke weed, pop extacy and drink hennesey all day. Sorry, but I'm not going to feel sorry for those people. But like I said, I gladly help people who cant help themselves.

We just have a difference of opinion about certain things, no big deal.No hard feelings

As far as black people and computers, I dont know what youmeant by that, I've always been a nerd
. I've never heard that computers are only for white people. What the hell? I never owned one until I was 18 but I used them at friends houses and school

Peace

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Well, I for one am very happy to see you here.
What an eloquent, intelligent post.
What a breath of fresh air.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join