It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore: Masonic Paradise?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This post speculates that the city-state of Singapore may secretly have been planned out by Freemasonry and be under masonic or semi-masonic rule to this day.

Whether this secret rule (if it exists) is "good" or "bad" is, as you will see, a matter of worldview. Both masons and anti-masonic-conspiracy-theorists could easily use this to support their views, depending upon whether one views unrestrained capitalism as "good" or "bad".

Singapore is arguably the richest, safest, cleanest places on earth. It is also one of the only known "benevolent dictatorship" (only semi-democratic) in the History of mankind. 42% of its population are practicing Buddhists, the rest are mainly Christians, Muslims and Jews.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b6f13efba3f.jpg[/atsimg]

After getting a "hint" from a Veteran-Freemason about the importance of Freemasonry in Singapore, I did a little bit of research. The first oddity I noticed was the high number of lodges:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c484329cf57f.jpg[/atsimg]

Thats 35 lodges in a single city (meeting in one lodge building, there could be more) - which is rather anomalous.

Next I found out that much of the ruling elite of Singapore were Freemasons. The Founder of Singapore, Sir Stamford Raffles, was a Freemason. A few others:

These fellow Singaporean Freemasons or Brothers are:-

Sir Charles Warren – Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis
Thomas Dunman - Deputy Superintendent of Police
Thomas Braddell – First Attorney General of Singapore
James Brooke - Rajah of Sarawak
Sir Henry Keppel – Admiral of the Fleet
William Henry Macleod Read – Chairman of the Singapore Chamber of Commerce

Source

The "Marquis of Dalhousie", one of the most influential figures of British Colonialism was a Freemason. An Obelisk was erected in his honour - in Singapore:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ac6cea6825a.jpg[/atsimg]

The Turbo-Capitalistic mentality of Singapore might be explained by the following inscription on the Obelisk (partially quoted):

“emphatically recognized the wisdom of liberating commerce from all restraints, under which enlightened policy this settlement has rapidly attained its present rank among British possessions and with which its future prosperity must ever be identified”

The designer of the Obelisk and author of the inscription, John Turnbull Thomson, was also a Freemason.

I found a more recent article on Singapore being run by secret societies in the "China Morning Post". The article is about Singapores semi-masonic "Pyramid Club"

Relevant snippets:

the more important but least-familiar parts of Singapore's formidably successful establishment. The Pyramid is the after-hours home for more than 300 of the country's top movers and shakers, and anyone who is anyone is said to be a member.

Although the Pyramid's membership list might read like a Who's Who of Singapore, the institution goes out of its way not to attract attention.

One well-placed Singaporean talks of the Pyramid in terms that most people would associate with a cult. He speculates on understandings forged within a cosy fraternity and designed to keep the country on its stable trajectory. The reality is perhaps less sensational but might help in understanding formation and execution of Singapore's public policy.

George Yeo Yong-Boon, the Minister for Trade and Industry and one of the Government's most promising front-benchers, is the Pyramid's president, assisted by vice-president Mah Bow Tan, who is the Minister for National Development. Michael Lim Choo San, the chairman of the National Healthcare Group, which manages half of the island's hospitals and clinics, is listed as honorary treasurer.

The first club president was Goh Keng Swee - a key ally of then-prime minister Lee - who then held the finance-ministry portfolio. He was supported by Pyramid vice-president, Jek Yeun Thong, then the political secretary in the prime minister's office.

Beneath the trees at the foot of the driveway, a small sign confirms that you have found No. 2 Goodwood Park. Bolted on top, no bigger than a paperback book, is a stylised pyramid logo. It is as close as you are likely to get to one of Singapore's best-kept secrets.

Masonic Hall in Singapore:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efcafd74b0e7.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Nice read, thanks for sharing, S+F to you.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A statue of Singapores masonic founder, Sir Stamford Raffles:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3791656a9ada.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c85969bbe6d.png[/atsimg]

Horsburgh Lighthouse Foundation Stone in Horsburgh Lighthouse on Pedra Branca island, was laid in the presence of Governor William J. Butterworth and several distinguished guests, and took place at 1:00 pm, on 24 May 1850.

Description Inscribed on copper plate, the Foundation Stone reads:

In the year of Our Lord 1850 and in the 13th year of the reign of Queen Victoria of Great Britain and Ireland: The Most Noble James Andrew, Marquis of Dalhousie, Kt., being Governor-General of British India: The Foundation Stone of the Light-house to be erected on Pedra Branca, and dedicated to the Memory of the Celebrated Hyrdographer JAMES HORSBURGH, F.R.S. was laid on the 24th day of May, the anniversary of the Birth-day of Her Most Gracious Majesty, by the Worshipful Master M. F. Davidson, Esq., and the Brethren of the Lodge Zetland in the East, no. 748, In the presence of the Governor of the Straits Settlements, and many of the British and Foreign Residents of Singapore.

source

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Thats 35 lodges in a single city - which is rather anomalous.
Is it really? There are about 60 lodges within 20 miles of Los Angeles. About 40 near New York City, another 40 near Chicago and 30 around Houston. These are the 4 largest US cities, with populations on par with Singapore. Doesn't really seem that far a stretch to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Perhaps its not so anomalous then. It seemed so to me because thats only one lodge-building and there may be others.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Cool find.

Does anyone know how lodges determine meeting frequency? On that plaque they were all over the place.

[edit on 8/13/09 by CSquared288]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
List of other Secret Societies in Singapore

According to the wikipedia-article, the British themselves played a role in the various secret socities.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Singapore is arguably the richest, safest, cleanest places on earth. It is also the only known "benevolent dictatorship" (only semi-democratic) in the History of mankind.

Brunei too? Or am I completely mistaken?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Thats 35 lodges in a single city (meeting in one lodge building, there could be more) - which is rather anomalous.

Only 11 of those are craft (blue) lodges. The others are chapter, mark and other side degrees.

11 craft lodges are way below average, even for a small city.

On the other hand, they are all English Lodges, and don't give a list of other constitutions, so the list alone is probably not an indication.

[edit on 13/8/2009 by Saurus]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Eh "secret societies" in Singapore have a different context as opposed to other countries.

Over here, "secret societies" refer to gangsters i.e. Mafia/Yakuza/Triads. Rather than the typical context it is used in Western civilization.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme
Eh "secret societies" in Singapore have a different context as opposed to other countries.

Over here, "secret societies" refer to gangsters i.e. Mafia/Yakuza/Triads. Rather than the typical context it is used in Western civilization.

Thats correct. Im not disputing that.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Alright, I give up that idea that the amount of lodges in Singapore is anomalous

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Brunei too? Or am I completely mistaken?

I edited that part to "it is one of the only known...". Thanks for the mention.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CSquared288
Does anyone know how lodges determine meeting frequency? On that plaque they were all over the place.

Craft (blue) lodges typically meet once a month.
The first 11 on the list are craft lodges.

Royal Arch (side degree) lodges (Chapter) typically meet every two months.
These are the ones on the list marked 'Chapter.'

Scottish and Cryptic side degrees are marked 'Council' and these typically meet every three months.

'Conclave' includes Order of the Secret Monitor and Red Cross of Constantine, and these also usually meet every three months.

Others, such as Knights, Tabernacle etc are other side degrees, but I guess you get the picture...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
PS: I apologize if this thread does not fit in with the usual pro- or anti-masonic rhetoric of this Forum.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I can help you out there if you want me to.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
I can help you out there if you want me to.

Sure. Do you have any info on the subject? Im only going by vague hints here...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Of course Singapore is a masonic paradise.

It's current law is super strict like a communist country and all oppositions with considerable impact are silenced.

I made my past posting
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Freemasons in Singapore celebrate 150 years of existence in region
Freemasons Singapore

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Strict laws have nothing to do with masonry. And we don't "silence" people who oppose us atleast where I live, that is most likely your government that does that. I don't live in Singapore and don't know how it is, but its probably your gov, not the masons. Where I live masons help people and do charity work. Masons don't want to rule the world with a iron fist, I wish that myth would stop getting passed around. We are basically a philanthropy organization and fraternity. Not some "secret society".

Having a world run like what you describe is not considered by most masons to be paradise.

We aren't a cult and we don't want to dominate the world.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join