It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP NewsBreak: US bought oil stolen from Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

AP NewsBreak: US bought oil stolen from Mexico

hosted.ap.org

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- U.S. refineries bought millions of dollars worth of oil stolen from Mexican government pipelines and smuggled across the border, the U.S. Justice Department told The Associated Press - illegal operations now led by Mexican drug cartels expanding their reach.

Criminals - mostly drug gangs - tap remote pipelines, sometimes building pipelines of their own, to siphon off hundreds of millions of dollars worth of oil each year, the Mexican oil monopoly said...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is what is legally called "aiding and abedding" and is punishable by heavy sentences in most US courts. How could this happen.

Articles like this just further prove the level of corruption that is present in our government.

The government bought knowingly mind you, stolen merchandise, and is now selling that merchandise to the American People.

If stories like this keep coming out, I feel it will get ugly real fast here.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Big whoopee...Illegal MEXICANS have been stealing healthcare from the American people since God knows when.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well im sure Hillary will say the insatiable demand for petro is the cause of this. And are inability to stop guns from crossing the border into Mexico is what is responsible for the violence in that country. And our insatiable demand for illegal drugs fuels the drug trade.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I say shut down the illegal drug cartels by legalizing marijuana.

If they can't make money, then they can't operate.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So will there be arrests for those of us who may have inavertently received (through purchase) products produced by, or containing said stolen oil ?
"Receiving Stolen Goods" Just kidding

This is a very serious situation, not only for Mexico already in turmoil, but for all oil producing Nations.

This practice is probably nothing new in oil producing countries at war.
But my question is:
Is this very theft going on in the U.S. of its own oil pipelines

[edit on 10-8-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

"Articles like this just further prove the level of corruption that is present in our government.

The government bought knowingly mind you, stolen merchandise, and is now selling that merchandise to the American People."

I may have missed it but I didn't read any thing refering to the statment that the U.S.Government was responsable for buying this stolen oil.
I understood the report to say "Houston-based Trammo Petroleum"
Got popped.
Is this company Govt. owned?
It is possible-Just say'n

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This shows that the Mexican oil pipeline are not instrumented near as well as the pipelines in the US.

In the US if 50 gallons goes missing the pipeline shuts down because the system senses it as a leak.

And where does "US refineries = US government" get the right parties buying the stolen oil.

And the part about the oil is that US companies descovered the oil in mexico and started production in the 1920 under a lease agreement that was for 50 years.

Then in 1935 the Mexican government broke the lease agreements and nationalized all the oil and refineries. and kicked all the US companies out without any reimbursement for all the work they had done or property.

So who stole what.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow that is incredible. We are as bad as Kuwait slant drilling into Iraq oil fields.

Is utterly amazing that the refinery operations which number but a few major plants would be knowingly buying stolen Mexican oil from the Drug Cartels no less.

This sure does demonstrate how big money Oil is involved in criminal activity right up to and including the Drug Cartels.

This is an explosive story in my humble opinion.

Great find. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

The government bought knowingly mind you, stolen merchandise, and is now selling that merchandise to the American People.

Did you even read the rest of the article you posted?

Seriously?

The government doesn't buy the oil. The government is investigating the thefts and has handed down its first in a series of indictments. The us government is working with the Mexican government to fight the theft and trafficking.

Get a grip.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Big whoopee...Illegal MEXICANS have been stealing healthcare from the American people since God knows when.

Where's your proof? Where are you numbers? Are you speaking from the guy and unsubstantiated evidence or actual fact? How the heck are Illegals stealing healthcare from American citizens when the government denies Medicare and Medicaid even TO American citizens???

Back to the topic: Well President Calderon did mention a couple of months ago that the U.S. Gov has its share of corrupt officials. It really isn't recent news if you think about it. How else do you think the drugs got here before the narcos started to build tunnels under the border?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Yes. And the American people are buying that merchandise.

If they wish, Americans can stop buying it. Can leave their vehicles and walk. And can thereby begin the process of ensuring justice be seen to be done.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have to add to my above post and clarify when I say this pretty much proves that Big Money Oil is in the Illegal Narcotics Business and not just associated with the Cartels.

Would anyone look inside of an oil tanker truck thinking it could contain illegal narcotics. Would anyone suspect that tons of carefully wrapped narcotics placed inside actual oil, stolen oil at that from Mexico would be travelling down the road in a oil laden tanker truck?

Could you imagine the Police or DEA opening the top and looking inside all of that oil and even remotely thinking there is something else down inside of there let alone have a way to actually probe a highly flamable and toxic liquid material for it?

Would you think that one or all of the very few antequated mammoth oil refineries also opperate as bulk wholesale illegal narcotic transhipment points.

Obviously they must because.

(a.) there is no credible reason for these refineries to buy stolen Mexican oil from the drug cartels unless

(b.) they wanted to hide drugs in the oil and use it as the preferred method of smuggling...which sadly pretty much proves

(c.) Mexico's State Owned Oil Industry has to be involved in it as well for not sueing these refinaries or lodging criminal complaints...which proves

(d.) The Mexican government which owns the Mexican Oil Industry is officially in the business of smuggling drugs into the United States...which pretty much proves...

(e.) That Exxon/Mobil aka the Rockefeller Family is in the illegal Drug Business since it's flowing through the refinaries...which pretty much proves

(d.) That the money the American Tax Payer pays Mexico to fight the war on drugs is how the Mexican Government Gets paid for turning a blind eye to all of this.

Wow!

This really is an amazing find.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
I say shut down the illegal drug cartels by legalizing marijuana.

If they can't make money, then they can't operate.

You might have forgot about all the other drugs, along with the territories such gangs would always like to maintain.

Only way to "shut down" these gangs would be to legalize all drugs on the black market, make buying guns easier than ever, and even then there would still be corruption.

Now, in response to the OP. Of course the government is doing these things...its cheap for us, so who cares!?!!? (add a bit of sarcasm in that, but it is kind of true too).

top topics

join