Time Travel,Spirits, and Secrets and Answers (--ASTRALPEDIA part 2--)

page: 3
55
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yayap3
Okay, I have a serious question, but it is still funny (just can't help it).

When you are astral projecting, do you still feel bodily impulses like itching, or more importantly, the urge to use the bathroom? This is assuming you don't need to go when not in a trance, but if the need arose when you were already in the astral realm. When you are projecting, does it all just "slide out" if you are full? I am going to start astral projecting, I'm still gathering info, but I would think it would be a good idea to thoroughly empty your waste before starting. Is there any truth to my theory?


i normally go the the bathroom and have a light dinner each night before projection. I also sometimes fast or eat alot of vitamin C on some nights ( also b12) , this all aids projection




posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
One question:

Is it better to have an OBE during the night or day? (morning?afternoon?bedtime?)

Thanks .



EDIT:
I found the answer, I guess.



Not sure if Phi pointed this out, but the very best time to do a OOBE is very early morning.



[edit on 11-8-2009 by Moraz]

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Moraz]



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceSilence
Hi phi1618!

Two nights ago i was trying to produce an Oobe. I kept going for an hour or two, but i got tired and went to sleep. I woke up in the morning, went to the bathroom, come back and i was thinking i should try to produce an Oobe again. I didn't have an Oobe, i had a dream, after i woke up after the dream, for a few seconds, then again pops to my mind '' Astral Projection '' ( i remember that i asked for help to someone in the astral realm. I think i asked for help to a guardian or my guide, don't know for sure ).
After i went back to sleep with my mind only on AP and putting my self in one side, with my view on the window, after a few seconds happened.

I felt like someone was pushing me out of the bed. I hit the ground flour with my head, but in slow motion. I could barely see with my left eye ( i had problems with my left eye before i went to sleep in that night ) and i try to turn around to see if something was there. Nothing was there. I didn't pay attention to see if i was there, but i think i was not.
My room was almost completely different. I have my bed next to the wall with my view to the window, but in this experience the bed was in the middle of the room and the windows were in different place, but still in front of my bed ( in my view ).The room was bigger, and i could see the surroundings in light.


So after that i said, '' i did it, i gotta stay focused'' . I wanted to go to see stuff in the room, and in an 0.00001 seconds i was were i wanted to be!
But i knew i was about to lose concentration, and in a few seconds i did. I woke up and felt happy for the Oobe and sad that i lost my concentration.


My questions to you are:

How do i maintain my concentration ? ... because i don't frankly get it. Does it take practice? ..... this was my first time i did this with my own desire. I experienced an Oobe when i was a little kid. I guess that i lost my practice.

How do i know when i'm ready to get out of my body , and how to do that. ... i don't know how to get out. How do i do that? I gotta move or i i gotta think that i can move, or how. I simply don't get it.

Is it that the more experiences you have like this the more skillful you are ?....


PS. I was surprised when on the first page you've put the '' Mummy Pose ".
I'm using that more often then anything. I didn't even knew people use it, so i felt kinda strange.

Thanks for reading. Peace.


hey SpaceSilence
You actually touched on something i was going to cover in my next guide so ill explain it here also: There is also another, and to some people ( me for example )_ a more effective way to project, its sorta like a mix between mind travel/astral projection/ and Remote viewing. You basically visualize where you want to be and your there, or course from the 1st person view. i will go into further detail and technique in the next guide.

1. to maintain concentration you can do a few things, although they don't have a big effect at first. Energy work is very important, having enough spiritual energy to maintain a vivid projection is key. Also practicing by staying in a trance state without projection can help you concentrate longer. Also planning a journey so you do not get surprised or excited, in essence expecting everything. Beyond that practice makes perfect, just keep at it and eventually it will become second nature.

2. Youll know when your ready to get out because of the sensations and once you feel youve reached a peaceful state. Try not to force it as much as allowing it to happen on its own. When you are relaxed enough youll slip right out without much effort. It seems like the technique i mentioned above would aid you, please send me a U2U and i will go into it further.

3. Mummy pose is da shiznitz
maybe the Egyptians where onto something?

good luck, and keep going


[edit on 11-8-2009 by phi1618]



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Moraz
 


This one is easy if I may.

It is far easier to go out of body AFTER a short period of rest. This will drastically improve your odds against falling asleep. It is best to give the mind/body complex about 4+ hours of rest then try. Many people set an alarm to go off at around 3-4am after. Then move to the couch and do a sitting conscious OOBE. Trust me when I say your odds are greatly improved. This aids trance meditation as well as OOBE. The only problem is it required dedication to a scheduled event. Some people are simply too lazy or find it impacts their sleep cycle in a negative way.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Regarding astral entities that are representative of self.

I have never experienced this. Consciously anyway. However Robert Monroe described scenarios where he encounted this.

He describes a scenarios where he had to enter a building for example. There would be no doors or anything obvious. He had to solve the puzzle of changing consciousness levels or vibrations to enter. He describe these events as self induced. However I must clarify that he asked his higher self to guide the experiences to what he needed to experience. So in essence the entities and scenarios he encountered were self induced but not consciously.

Another author describes encountering entities that were representative of an emotional vibration or a representation of the ego. Someone correct me, I think it was William Buhlman. In these experiences there seemed to be an entity preventing passage or preventing movement. He discovered it to be a creation manifested by the subconscious. The goal is to confront the seemingly negative experience with curiosity and engage the entity in a discussion. He suggested being open and objective in asking what it represents. Many cases he reported that 'they' simply needed acknowledgement. In others the discussion allowed him to address the emotional creation and harmonize (my word) with it.

Again I have not experienced this, but some have written about it.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11
 


I'll try it tonight. I'll go to bed at around 1am and then wake up at 5/6am to try it.

About the couch, is it really better than doing it in my bed or just your personal preference?

Thanks mate.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Moraz
 


Well i feel it doesn't really matter unless you live in a very noisy area. The point is to do it when its most quiet, thats why people say early morning.

ive heard the ideal time is 3:30am



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618
 


I see. I live in a quite peaceful and quiet area, except for the dogs sometimes, they just can't shut up



Thanks everyone for the info, keep it coming!



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
reply to post by Moraz
 


This one is easy if I may.

It is far easier to go out of body AFTER a short period of rest. This will drastically improve your odds against falling asleep. It is best to give the mind/body complex about 4+ hours of rest then try. Many people set an alarm to go off at around 3-4am after. Then move to the couch and do a sitting conscious OOBE. Trust me when I say your odds are greatly improved. This aids trance meditation as well as OOBE. The only problem is it required dedication to a scheduled event. Some people are simply too lazy or find it impacts their sleep cycle in a negative way.


well lets say your off from work/school on saturday, just wake up like you normally do, maybe a few mins early and while still groggy try to OOBE. Ive found that even if you arent able to OOBE you can still have something wild happen to you.

give it a try, i suggest being rested before OOBE. I practice at night before bed and in the morning after being rested. I normally project at night around 2am, or in the morning around 9am.

i hope thishelps, if there is anything else please ask, good luck.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OK, so I have a few things. I have tried being the good little Christian and strictly following the bible, but that is hard for me as I was never raised in church like my husband. I feel like I am missing part of the picture and have started investigating alternate religions and comparing them.

Your post has awakened an interest in astral projection for me. I remember that I used to have dreams as a child that I could fly. I always had to start off bouncing until I could get high enough to really take off. These dreams would stay with me for weeks. I always have fantastic dreams and I am wondering if these things are precursors to astral projections. I have read several accounts of flying in the astral and I wonder was I really in the astral or just trying to get there.

It never felt like a dream at the time. It seemed very real to me.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Moraz
 


Really it's all about you. Where you feel the most comfortable is where you should be. There is a psychological reason for this..it reduces the possibility of small fears.

There is also a psychological reason for using the couch. Your brain/subconscious identifies the bed and bedroom with sleep. Therefore you are more likely to fall into that pattern you have set up. The same goes for studying, it is harder to retain information learned while reading in bed. However, if you try the interrupted sleep method you are less likely to fall asleep. This is also the reason people use the couch. If you sit up and go into trance you are in a bodily position less likely to sleep from.

In the end it's all about you. Please don't take anyones word for it here. Experiment with all the techniques you find interesting and decide what is best for yourself. You are your own best teacher.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
Regarding astral entities that are representative of self.

I have never experienced this. Consciously anyway. However Robert Monroe described scenarios where he encounted this.

He describes a scenarios where he had to enter a building for example. There would be no doors or anything obvious. He had to solve the puzzle of changing consciousness levels or vibrations to enter. He describe these events as self induced. However I must clarify that he asked his higher self to guide the experiences to what he needed to experience. So in essence the entities and scenarios he encountered were self induced but not consciously.

Another author describes encountering entities that were representative of an emotional vibration or a representation of the ego. Someone correct me, I think it was William Buhlman. In these experiences there seemed to be an entity preventing passage or preventing movement. He discovered it to be a creation manifested by the subconscious. The goal is to confront the seemingly negative experience with curiosity and engage the entity in a discussion. He suggested being open and objective in asking what it represents. Many cases he reported that 'they' simply needed acknowledgement. In others the discussion allowed him to address the emotional creation and harmonize (my word) with it.

Again I have not experienced this, but some have written about it.


very interesting thanks, i was not familiar with these texts.

IN response to what william buhlman experienced i would say its very possible if not definite. Teachers always tell you to free you mind and accept all your positives and negatives, basically to be comfortable in your own skin, perhaps he needed to acknowledge the negative before he could move past it and rise further up...just a thought.

as for Robert, i have encountered similar things. Yes i would say they are self induced, and at the same time are used to further the understanding of the observer. they say "God works in mysterious ways" i tend to agree.

is there any more info on the subject, i would love to hear more of their experiences.

thanks and good luck



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
reply to post by TheOracle
 


only the higher self is a self projection ( and the spirit guide ), the rest im not sure about they could be other projectors in some cases or just plain old astral entities.

each represents a higher plane of yourself, remember your a multidimensional being


But what made you come to this conclusion? How did you know it was you and not your guide. And what is the difference with the real guide?



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Moraz
 


good luck
if you live in a quiet area it shouldn't matter what time you meditate. I live in a quiet area also, i just dont have time to do it until later at night or earlier in the day


good luck



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstash
OK, so I have a few things. I have tried being the good little Christian and strictly following the bible, but that is hard for me as I was never raised in church like my husband. I feel like I am missing part of the picture and have started investigating alternate religions and comparing them.

Your post has awakened an interest in astral projection for me. I remember that I used to have dreams as a child that I could fly. I always had to start off bouncing until I could get high enough to really take off. These dreams would stay with me for weeks. I always have fantastic dreams and I am wondering if these things are precursors to astral projections. I have read several accounts of flying in the astral and I wonder was I really in the astral or just trying to get there.

It never felt like a dream at the time. It seemed very real to me.


Sounds like you where lucid
anyway your right people cannot normally fly right off the bat, you need to crawl before ... you know.... fly


There are methods for instant travel but they can get tricky as you need to visualize and in essence create your path, this could trap you in a dream of your creation. Sounds like your good to go to project however, give it a go, check out part one for more info.

good luck



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11
 


great point, yup you pretty much hit the nail on the head. It takes alot of self discipline to not fall asleep when projecting from the bedroom
the couch is much better to use


thanks for that tip, and explanation



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by secretstash
 


You were most likely already in the astral. This is evident due to the fact that it made a significant impact on your psyche and you remembered it for some time.

I too have a similar story regarding the secularized religions. I was brought up in a Catholic family. I went to private Catholic school for 13 years with church twice a week. I was at a loss as to why I could never fully identify with the teachings. To clarify, I did agree with much of the philosophy but I always felt the fear based teachings were completely wrong and in the end a form of control. However I treated it like an experience to learn from and received a stellar education from it. That caused me to study all religions and varying philosophies. So life unfolded for me as it should.

I hope you can see that this is subject is non-religious. It is simply opening up to the POSSIBILITY that reality as we see it is through half closed eyes. People everywhere are waking up now. It is so very interesting to watch. It is also an honor to be a part of helping others if they ask.

Once you encounter your higher self, you are changed forever. An entire universe of possibilities opens up. You will literally not be able to process the implications for quite a while.

Good luck in your journey and happy travels!


[edit on 11-8-2009 by Spirit Warrior 11:11]



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Originally posted by phi1618
reply to post by TheOracle
 


only the higher self is a self projection ( and the spirit guide ), the rest im not sure about they could be other projectors in some cases or just plain old astral entities.

each represents a higher plane of yourself, remember your a multidimensional being


But what made you come to this conclusion? How did you know it was you and not your guide. And what is the difference with the real guide?


Well i knew cause it told me
thats one way i found that out, then a little later i had to actually become my guide in order to help me travel past the astral plane. It was kinda weird, it was like we became one, it was very hmmmm... sensual. Your true spirit guide will always be a representation of youerr higher self or subconscious. I could manifest itself as a simple calming voice ( or not
) or even a figure you see that helps you.

There are guides you can meet that are not a part of you that will help you, or harm you. But your true self guide will always put number 1 first. Youll know when you encounter your true guide as it is normally the first entity you encounter.

i hope that helped, thanks for the question if you would like me to go deeper into this link please ask.

good luck



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11
 


Its all about expanding consciousness and perception


Look into the work done by ingo swann, i think you will find this an interesting read
he did alot of work with remote viewing ( some call him the father of remote viewing ) and was considered a one of the greatest natural "psychics " to ever live.



posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618
 


Yes I agree.

I have read most of the books on Remote Viewing by various authors. Probably in the order of about ten books. I also have the impossible to find book by Ingo "Penetration" in pdf format. THAT was a great book. Joseph McMoneagles books are quite well done as well. I found the book "Psychic Warrior" to be a bit over the top though. Sounded either fictionalized or psychotic. I also have Ed Dame's instructional DVDs on RV. The process is interesting and necessary.

Another author invented a process called scientific remotre viewing (SRV) and posted the training sessions and practice targets on his site for free. The name is ..hmm...memory is failing me here. Anyone?





new topics

top topics



 
55
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join