It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Commander Warns Taliban Getting Stronger

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by HunkaHunka

For starters you can read Slayer's post above concerning oil and economics.

You didn't answer the question........if you believe so much in the war why aren't you over there fighting? Why aren't you in the military?

I did my time in the Bosnia-Herzegovina conflict.

Have you done yours?

And I did read the posts that Slayer made. They are very eye opening.

Where are you going to be when we hit peak oil? I would hope to be a member of the country or countries which control the oil.

Oh and why am I not over there? Because I employ 13 people (who all have families) over here. How many do you employ? How many families do you support?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

You know I would get all emotional about this when I looked at it through the eyes of my political and nationalistic views. Once I stepped back and took a real hard look at the situation then it dawned on me it's all about...

Power/Greed/Control/Money/Oil

I started to notice patterns. When the public would loose interest in the wars. We would start seeing Gloom and Doom headlines.

U.S. commander says Taliban have Afghan momentum

6 Killed in Taliban Attack on City South of Kabul

Then when public opinion starts to falter we are told things are going better.

Afghan and NATO forces clear Taliban from Kandahar area

Early success as US Marines flood into Helmand in reversal of British tactics

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm doing well buddy, how about yourself?

I suggest everyone read this book: WAR IS A RACKET by Major General Smedley D. Butler - USMC Retired
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents. ~ Smedley Butler

[edit on 10-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The military needs to start spaying/neutering the Afghan peeps - to break the terror chain.

I wish they would pull the troops out. Our National Guard is there on foreign soil.

Legal? No.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I see your point and your evidence makes your analysis clear as day. However, how long will the people of these countries tolerate the foreign parasites sucking them dry? I see what you are trying to say with how the headlines are designed to stoke emotions on certain topics. One example, would be the terrorism phenomenon. When people start getting comfortable again MSM ratchets up the fear factor. It's like clockwork and it is propaganda. It is no different than the spin Joseph Goebbels was concocting about the War to the people of Germany. You make a very good point though! Keep up the good work!

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is a great video I think most should watch. It answers a lot of questions about who and what the Taliban are and where they come from and why when some say the US created them are right [ To a certain extent. ]

Like any parents however eventually they are no longer responsible for the actions of their offspring.

Google Video Link

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Here is a great video I think most should watch. It answers a lot of questions about who and what the Taliban are and where they come from and why when some say the US created them are right [ To a certain extent. ]

Like any parents however eventually they are no longer responsible for the actions of their offspring.

Google Video Link

Anyone who watches the History Channel and believes it is a sheep. It would be a lot closer to the truth is they were called the Propaganda Channel. ATS seems to have become part of the mainstream lately.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

Honestly I only consider the beginning the most important part of the video. If you have some links or sources for any other views it's welcomed. I'll read and view it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
welcome to vietnamistan, where empires go to die

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Is the commander making these statements the one recently appointed by Obama? The old one was kicked out for having an "old way of thinking" read that as, not willing to lie about threat to the American public.

I did my time in the Bosnia-Herzegovina conflict.

That's a helluva place to go backpacking.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

The primary difference is leadership.

We may kill commanders, but the Taliban has leadership. Backward-asses though they may be - leadership will beat observers six out of seven.

Our generals are observers. Who try to manage. They'll have nearly a thousand man staff, and yet they can't find their own butts with both hands.

Our generals can't and won't get off their asses, into the field, and lead.

Thus, our constant distance from any victory.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Excellent observation.

I was watching a report where Mc Crystal was on a tour of Afghanistan to gain a personal perspective meanwhile he took command how long ago?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Alright, I am a little sick of people saying crap about the US troops. Especially when these people are not in the military. You want to know the breakdown in Afghanistan, here it is.

The whole reason Genereal McNeil got put into Afghanistan is because last year in the Kandahar area the special forces hit a village with supposed Taliban, but they were given false intel, and a lot of women and children got killed. Then we lied about the casualties, which caught international attention. So there needed to be a change in the way we do warfare over there. Especially when rival tribes are giving false intelligence for the US, for us to destroy a village because the village has a lot of money from the men who work on the US. Base. You see, the villages are hungry for the US dollar. But they do not blame us as you do, the blame who gave the false intelligence to us.

As far as the Taliban goes, most of the Afghani fighters have been killed. A lot of the fighters now are coming in from Iran and Pakistan. Really all of the fighting is going on in the Helmand province in the south. Look at a map and see who it's closest neighbor is. Well it just happens to be Iran and Pakistan. Any intel that I have seen and images from the front line always show Middle Eastern men. Never have I seen westerners even from the lowliest PFC.

Now lets think back to around 2001 when Osama bin Laden decided to let the world know what his plan was. He would cripple the west financially with a never ending war. If there is one place to have a never ending war, Afghanistan would be the place to go. Just look at their history. Rugged terrain dictates the way you will fight. In the south it is easier for Armor to roll around. Sure it is still hilly with mountains here and there but it is manageable. To the north you are screwed. All foot patrol, with hummers and 7 tons or deuce in a half's. Arty is your friend in that area along with Apache's or anything else in the air.

So you see, "all this technology" is great. IF, it can be used. Also since everyone here likes to be an armchair politician or soldier watching what's going on in the news and swaying the way things get done here is some more info STFU and let us do our job. You want to know one of the main reason's we will always have trouble winning a war with higher casualties? Is because all of you out there, who will not let us DO OUT JOB! Personally I loved when I couldn't engage a known enemy till a got fired upon, because we were killing to many people. Hey if were killing to many MAM's(military aged males), then were doing a pretty good job. The only thing we really had to worry about, other than dying over there is that if we make a mistake and kill the wrong person then we go to jail. Thanks world... I am fighting in a war and now I have to take that extra spit second or more to decide if I should possible risk my whole team getting killed or us going to Leavenworth because I am not 100% sure the guys who has the AK also just set off the IED.

OH AND BY THE WAY, 75% OF CIVILIAN DEATH ARE DONE BY THE HAND OF THE TALIBAN.

So the next time you say were raping women and children with the muzzles of our rifles how about you do a little research on what the deal is over there.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I figured that the only plausible answer to your question is that your government and military leaders are complete liars, are not even fighting a war with the Taliban and are in the region doing something that doesn't lend itself to being discussed in public forums.

More troops will not be of any value in this situation, if more troops hasn't changed it already. Seriously...it would seem that they are fighting an innumerable force that never diminshes yet it is stealthy enough to not be detected by Satellites or by over flying Aircraft. Its regularly replenished from all the nations of Central Asia, but none of these countries is publically discussing missing male citizens, which should number in the tens of thousands. This Magical Taliban army gains ground by swiftly moving on foot across some of the most rugged terrain on Earth and sweeps Afghani and sometimes western Troops aside in Ambushes. Don't these people know that they are supposed to be in a War? How the hell do you repeatedly get ambushed?

Quite honestly, I detected a bit of disappointment in the articles regarding reports of the death of Pakistani Chief Baitullah Mehsud and even toyed with the idea that the calls that finally came disputing his death came from the US Military.

Or they could be out there fighting God himself. In which case, you are all screwed!

[edit on 10-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

Interesting post but when you stop patting yourself on the back get the guys name right

Stanley McCrystal =McCRYSTAL=

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2d40b4361fb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The way our military works - the practice of large staffs who filter, summarize and recommend - it becomes very clear that we only need one General in the entire US military.

This new Chief General in Charge could rely on his dozens of subordinates to filter and summarize whatever information they determine he should be made aware of, and of that dozen, they each have a dozen to filter and summarize, who each in turn can slough off their responsibilities on a dozen or so, on and on.

Everyone can perform their tasks of filtering and summarizing out of their homes, and in the field through the miracle of modern communications, the NCO's can direct their charges from their homes. The only soldiers who would actually have to carry weapons would be the E-2's and below.

Of course, any E-2 worth his salt can require the E-1's to actually perform all field duty. And the E-1's can subcontract out their responsibilities as did Rome in the latter days. Just be so much easier on everyone.

A thousand staff members! For just one General! Just how many Pucker Wipers does that General need, and how many Chief Pucker Wipers are there, how many Chief Pucker Wipers have Deputy Pucker Wipers, Assistant Pucker Wipers, or Associate Pucker Wipers, and how many Pucker Wiping Quality Control Techs are required to monitor the work of the Chief, Deputy, Assistant, and Associate Pucker wipers?

And who could document and account for all this Pucker Wiping but the Executive Pucker Wiper! Of course with the military's love affair for documentation, there's no telling how many pucker audits, pucker audit summarizations, and Pucker Wiper Power Point presentations are required to document the sheer volume of pucker wiping going on.

With these numbers, there must be some polished-pink, shiny, squeaky clean puckers even in that dusty theater of operations.

Hey - our generals may not know where the battlefields are, nor how to reach them, but they must take pride in the fact that the US military has the greatest legions of pucker wipers in the history of the world, something we as Americans can take great pride in.

The only question that remains is whether this personal legion of Pucker Wiping has its own classification in the DOD budget, or if the costs are allocated to other line items?

And we wonder why we can't win.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

Pick up a book on the subject and you will see that Slayer is right on. The Taliban to an extent were helped by the US. Later though the Taliban got power hungry and started to push any Law they could onto the Pashto's and then the rest of Afghanistan. Go ask almost any Afghani what they think of the Taliban. You would see they are not poor people who have been oppressed into a fighting the evil US Troops. Also if they hated us so much, why did so many come over to the US as refugee's when the Taliban started their murder campaign in the guise of religion.

The Taliban sure are great for forcing people to grow their poppy fields or have certain death. Also the raping of young boys is another one of their favorite past time's. Real great bunch of guys

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Your right Slayer, man I can't believe I said McNeil, sorry about that. I was typing a little too furiously.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by UFORacer56]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFORacer56
The whole reason Genereal McNeil got put into Afghanistan is because last year in the Kandahar area the special forces hit a village with supposed Taliban, but they were given false intel, and a lot of women and children got killed. Then we lied about the casualties . . .

OH AND BY THE WAY, 75% OF CIVILIAN DEATH ARE DONE BY THE HAND OF THE TALIBAN.

I guess "we lied" only once.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join