It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Commander Warns Taliban Getting Stronger

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

Furthermore to all that they are obviously still being supported by either NATO or the US Military to this very day. It's the only explanation to the Taliban's continued existence.

Or NATO and the US Military should be disbanded because they are certainly not worth what we're paying for them. They should be embarrassed, but I know they are not...they are great strategists.

The funniest thing is this though...before or at the moment this war ends we all get to find out exactly what these guys are doing over there. It won't be swept under a rug this time, as it was in Vietnam.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Whats your point. We all lie when we choose to not take the correct path, which is always the harder one to take. This was something very bad for the US and they lied, were caught in the lie and it branded us poorly yet again. But for everyone to think that what your hearing from the MSM about what's really going on there is the truth is just stupid. I am trying to give you what I know, from those who have been there. You can take it or leave it. But for all of you that always want the truth, then you get it firsthand and still don't believe it. Then there can be no more said. It is a lost cause.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

In a way you are correct. When you have two different opinions on how an area should be ruled there will always be an surge in both sides. But the one thing that always ticks me off is how both sides are being lied to. Sure we are being lied to about stuff that goes on there, but it is so black that it's like trying to know what's really in the hangers at Area 51. Who knows what all the alternate agenda's are? I wish I did, because I would love to find those bastards give em a one two punch. All I know is this. There are people that are hurting over there, and the Taliban is not the solution. They are a huge problem. Helping those people is something I take pride in. Because no matter what you all say, the smiles of relief from the people will always comfort me.

But I do know this. When you have people's in area's that cannot read or write being taught altered versions of the Koran by their Imam to support the radical version of Islam and the idea of Jihad then you have a big problem on your hands. Bigger than the war with all of it's munitions and fighting men and women. You have an ideology that will be taken as the truth because the Imam and is the most powerful person in that village. The village elder is the most respected.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFORacer56
reply to post by stander

Whats your point.

What's my point? You capitalize a statement but the opening paragraph cautions not to take any figures forming in Afghanistan for granted. Now you saying that the 75% figure doesn't come from MSM but from "over there." But that's the least credible source. When a war is run by politicians, there is no end to it. You need to lie to the politicians all the time, otherwise you won't be able to even clean your M16 the way it's supposed to be done.

Modern politicians like to win wars with no one dead -- makes it great on the approval rating.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I always considered the Japanese military as a farce during World War II. Never had the Japanese ever attacked American homeland, unless you considered Pearl Harbor attack. Since then from 1941 to 1945 the Japanese has failed to attack the American homeland since, thats why I was suspicious about this war presented by FDR. Since 9/11 the Al Qaeda and the Taliban has yet to attack American soil, thats how War on Terrorism is a farce. I would considered Al Qaeda and the Taliban a threat if they attack on American soil again. The Japanese is also the same thing, I considered them harmless and lesser of a threat since they have yet to attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor. I considered Nazi Germany even more a lesser threat since they have yet to attack American soil at all. Thats why World War II was a farce. America was never in any serious danger.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

U.S. Commander Warns Taliban Getting Stronger

For the sake of abiding by Terms and Conditions, I'll write a couple of lines. This is the a cinematic version of The Two Minutes' Hate from Orwell's 1984. See any similarities?

TA

[edit on 10-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

So your saying that human right's groups are not credible? Your saying my brothers (Marines) who are having to go back there are not credible? The ones who see the death and destruction first hand? The MSM are ones connected to Washington to sway the polls. You are correct, no one want's loss of life and there is a hell of a lot of it going on over there. But if you can't trust the boots on the ground, who will you trust? MSNBC? FOX? Look you can take it or leave it. Sometimes the figures are not a conspiracy. Low ballers will say our casualties to civilians are 20%, most agree around 30% I have no doubt in my mind we are doing a lot less killing of civilians than the Taliban.

The figures I state are explained in my above post's. We are getting mixed up in tribe's wanting money from the base's. It's a mess.

Do me a favor. Join the military, any branch will do. Do a tour anywhere and you will see that although we may be considered evil, we are the lesser of evils in war torn countries. If you have, then you should know what I am talking about. Like I said before. I have no idea what the alternate agendas might be, but there are no resources in Afghanistan. The only thing it would be good for is a land route to get to other Middle Eastern countries, which would be a great reason to take it. If your a politician that supports the Industrial War Machine this is a no brainer.

Here is another fact. Iraq has calmed down. Why? Because there are two wars and we put everything into Iraq. So the insurgent activity shifted to Afghanistan. Take these two examples. In Iraq there was a lot of VBIED's almost always a suicide and hostage taking. This was unheard of in Afghanistan, even when the Russian's were there. But now that they have lost support in Iraq, and here's the kicker, because they killed too many civilians, they have moved operations into Afghanistan. Look you may not like what I saying, but that's what's going on right now. That is why the Taliban is getting stronger. Because all the hardcore fighters are going to where the fight is. The Taliban are not afraid to fight back, they will hold their ground and the war there is going to get a lot worse.

As for me I oppose war. Anyone that has served should. Unless it is absolutely necessary. But I will believe the ones that are stationed there over the media any day. The NCO's mainly because they know where the BS is most of the time. Just to also let you in on a little secret, not all of us who served enjoyed the service. I hated it. But being there has shown me a great deal on where that fat in and how to cut it out of the crap your being told. This is what NCO's do. I did it, and they are too. We are all being lied to, but sometimes you have to know when your not being lied to.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I considered Nazi Germany even more a lesser threat since they have yet to attack American soil at all. Thats why World War II was a farce. America was never in any serious danger.

Another nazi who hold America = World sacred.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I think WW2 was probably caused by us, from the Embargo's we put on Japan. It was probably all for oil. But as far as the attack, what exactly did they attack? Our military. Which we probably knew was going to happen. Either way I think the reason they never attacked us again was because of two reasons. One we had some really big bombs, which we used on innocent civilians
. Then we disarmed them. It's hard to fight when you have rocks against tanks. I also truly believe we will be attacked again. These guys are smart, they will find a way. Whether we let it happen again is unknown. But as for me, if I were in a gang and someone from another gang punched me in the face I wouldn't say it was it was a conspiracy. I knew it would be. I would find who let them in on my side, go after them and the guy who hit me. This would be the reasoning I would take because there are two groups working together. The problem we have right now is we are only going after one group.

Then again most of this stuff we are learning about today is 8-60 years old, which is truly frustrating.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

So your saying that human right's groups are not credible? Your saying my brothers (Marines) who are having to go back there are not credible? The ones who see the death and destruction first hand?

You never mentioned any detailed sources; you just claimed that 75% of all civilian casualties are attributable to Taliban. Your brothers Marines have other things to do than count and inform the press about it. Figures like that come from the military intelligence, and before the generals send a word to Washington there is heavy editing done, depending on the nature of the report.

Any post WWII politician who wages a war against armed civilian resistance needs to redefine the word "war." There is no such a thing as victory in Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There is definately a defination of victory, their mission is accomplished when the puppet govt is powerful enough to impose US will by proxy.

US Democracy = You have the freedom to do anything you want as long as it is not against the govt.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with the human race as a whole?

They are killing us, we are killing them, they are killing each other and the majority of sideline-watchers laugh and make snide remarks on how easy it is (or should be) to eradicate massive numbers of people with technology many find "cool".

I am not delusional in thinking war should/could be ended by hugs and free beer, but I am a bit dismayed at the "smart-assed-ness" I am often confronted with when watching people discuss this (and any) war.

"lets just nuke em!"

No...lets not.

And for any sake, if we ever do, please let us have ANY dignity in such a horrific act.

The children left to survive may consider that dignity when they are old enough to return the favor.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Looks like the Military/Industrial complex will milk the Taliban threat for as much as it's worth as long as they can produce vague intelligence reports of them being a major threat to the US they will be able to convince Congress and the unthinking masses into forking over even more money.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

reply to post by IDK88

There are people that are hurting over there, and the Taliban is not the solution. They are a huge problem. Helping those people is something I take pride in.

This is the most perplexing aspect of the what seems to be the Global Islamic movement...these people can't really believe that the international, or even the regional, community could tolerate their rule.

In southern Somalia and Afghanistan and rural Pakistan, these groups fight, the vast majority of people being killed are being killed by their groups, but they apparently see a future where they'll be sitting peacefully in seats of power, ruling directly from a book which even their own peers don't consider them to be "experts" or even adequately knowledgeable.

Nothing about the Taliban makes sense, or even their existence...they are one dimensional and have no real solution for the people they claim to want to represent. What's their economic agenda, what about healthcare and retirement? Education is easy...the people don't get one.

So, when the U.S. commander says they are getting stronger...In what way? Even in areas that the Taliban is pushed out of...none of the villagers concerns were addressed. They have no irrigation, no electricity and no real hope for the future; outside of sitting on the barren rock called Afghanistan waiting to die as opposed to being murdered by their own self-proclaimed leaders and representatives.

To me to even run the article is smells like more of an attempt to influence the emotions of Americans than it is to inform or enlighten. It's bunk. It's not reasonable to even be concerned about the Taliban, as they are not in any way a serious force...but only a object to provoke the emergence of negative emotions and doubt within the world community.

So, what concerns me is that someone within our own ranks is trying to cast the false idea of a Taliban threat existing.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Either way. This is only stirring up more, future, "terrorists"....
So, I can't see America/NATO leaving the Middle East ever.

EVER.

Understand what is really going on!

Central Asia The oil reserves there shrink the gulf states to nothing. It will be the flash point of the future.

Undoubtedly Central Asia’s strategic importance in international affairs
is growing. The rivalries among Russia, China, United States, Iran, India,
and Pakistan not to mention the ever-changing pattern of relations among
local states (five former Soviet republics and Afghanistan) make the region’s
importance obviously clear. Central Asia's strategic importance for Washington, Moscow, and Beijing varies with each nation’s perception of its strategic interests.

Washington focuses primarily on Central Asia as an important theater in the war on terrorism. Additionally, it is viewed as a theater where America might counter a revived Russia or China, or a place to blunt any extension of Iranian influence. Moscow and Beijing view the region as a vital locale for defending critical domestic interests. This asymmetry of interest is

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d54f5ff0968c.jpg[/atsimg]

If you look closely at the above map you will notice the surrounding countries. Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Russia, China, and Pakistan. Both Iran and Pakistan are in "Play" We need our bad guys the "Taliban" back in the game. They tend to be pretty smart they don't want to hang around Afghanistan they tend to die there so they go back home to Pakistan.

Following me so far?

Pakistan pushes them back across the border so we can have our "Enemy". So we can still have an excuse to be in the Region.

China gets a huge chunk of it's oil from Iran. We are in Iraq and Afghanistan. China is desperate for oil.... Iran supplies that oil! It has supported their economic boom. Without it their boom goes bust.
It seems a great way to keep in check the power that holds most of Americas dept. Wouldn't you agree?

And they know it!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d473443d5a5f.jpg[/atsimg]
The fight with the "Taliban" is not supposed to end. It's an excuse to be in the region to be a player in the future of central Asia. Think of Good Cop/Bad Cop

Bush- Bad Cop!
Comes in through the front door guns a blazing. We are here to fight Terrorism! We take Iraq and invade Afghanistan.

Obama- Good Cop!
He will fix everything, Works all the back door channels. We stay in the region. Iraq war is pretty much over except for the occasional bombings. Doesn't really matter to us because they are mostly killing themselves. "HURRAY for Democracy"
We increase our numbers in Afghanistan and decrease our numbers in Iraq.

The New Great Game

Following me so far?

Russia needs the oil reserves in the region to either stop or have very low production rates.

WHY?

Because they will be in direct competition with the future oil producers in that region! Russia's economy is desperate for the oil revenues. Apparently Communism was a flop! That's why. So that's their "Piece" in the "Game"

China needs oil desperately in order to keep the growth cycle going!
So they go around the world making oil deals. Venezuela Anybody?

WHY?

Otherwise despite "Pop culture" view that China is the new world power their economy grinds to a halt without oil. That's Why! So that's their "Piece" in the "Game"

The US will be a player like it or not We are the only ones with the means to reach around the world and touch somebody! That's our "Piece" in the "Game"

They are all unhappy especially Iran about having the US in their collective backyards and they all know they cant really do squat about it!

The games a foot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but who exactly was one of the first person Obama went to see early on in his "Presidency"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52af45170224.jpg[/atsimg]

I've been sitting here for days, weeks and months watching the headlines and reading everybody's responses here at ATS to this "action" or that "attack".

Whose to blame?

Was it the CIA, FSB, Mossad, The Iranians, The Chinese, The Taliban, Al Qaeda etc etc etc? Yadda Yadda Blah Blah Blah

The Answer is YES!

Understand what is really going on!

What about the present situation in Iran? Remember Chaos as you well know is always a good thing in the "Game" Whether they get overthrown or not is not really important, what is important is that we stay in the region AKA "The Game"

So please the next time you're on a thread and people start flinging accusations at each other over which country to blame or whose the favored "Super" power or "Up" Coming Global power understand that if you have a car and when you put your key in the ignition to drive to work, school, or to take little Timmy to baseball practice remember there is more in your tank than just GAS!

I do not normally disagree with your posts and while I see how that would make logical sense.

What about Alaska and its oil reserves. It would be much easier to drill the reserves there than go around bombing everyone in the middle east.

I think there is more to this than we are told, much more than resources.

Look at the land that the wars are surrounding and look into the history of the middle east. Its not about oil at all in my opinion and the oil argument is disinfo, im not saying that your spreading disinfo but im saying the media definately is.

Well presented post though.

Just my two cents.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thanks for the reply...

It isn't so much a case that the US needs oil. We have oil as you stated in Alaska and also off the coast of California. It's more a case of having influence on who gets what and where.

Make no mistake there is an agenda. When you look at it from the perspective of having a say on how things are done there it gives those involved a percentage of control over others who have no say on who gets what.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join