It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain this to me please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hello all,

Many apologies if this has already been posted on these boards or indeed if there is a very simple explanation as to what this is.

Okay if you go to a lake near Paithan in India;

19°33'15.12" N
75°12'27.57" E

I had my elevation at 460m.

What is going on in the water? Is it just that the image was taken at night and this is the reflection of the moon? Or is it something else?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkfish

Quite odd. There seems to be lots of anomolies on Google Earth. This looks as though there are ripples on the water reflecting light. As you say it does seem more like moonlight is invlolved but why would thye take images during the night? Odd.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I took a screen shot of the area you mentioned so those who cant use Google Earth can see what you mean. Maybe this will help your thread.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c025b904b59.jpg[/atsimg]

Its a screen shot from my iPhone using the Google Earth app. I cant have GE on my laptop so I have it on my phone

This is an interesting picture. Looks like either something is under the water or maybe its those bioluminesent (I know that is spelled wrong) creatures that live in the water in some areas.
I will take more shots later but I wont have my laptop to transfer the pics to and upload them but I will later after work.

S&F

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I agree that it seems like bioluminescence (sp?) from algae blooms.

Could be just a colour aborration from google itself too though, as it appears to be on the land just a ways East of the main bloom.

Not sure how algae blooms can be effecting the farmland, unless they are using the lakes water to irrigate their crops.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm tempted to agree with the bioluminescence theory. Nonetheless it makes a nice picture

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It reminds me of a runway.

The dark line being the actual runway and the bioluminescence being the guiding lights surrounding it.

Very interesting indeed.

USO airport maybe?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

You never know eh?

But, I tend to agree with Bioluminescence.

Anything else is just blasphemy!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkfish

Maybe its the congealed blood that has been shed all over the world for an age, all over one word, freedom, if it is as clear cut as we are all being led to believe.

It has to go somewhere.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am looking at it as I type this. I must say, it does make for interesting discussion. Would Algae be visible at this distance?

top topics

join