It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is England going to self destruct...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Humm, United Kingdom is dead, we Americans decided that one... 200 years ago. let me revise that, we were told we won the revolution... which king george didnt like one bit.... so how come he funded our revolution..?

I can not prove or dis prove the above statement, I even asked Evelyn for the truth and got a "Thats a Bad April Fools Day Joke"
well then how do we explain why we are more controlled that say England.
at least your BBC tells the truth on our countries... without the BBC we would be lost... because nothing of importance gets played on our TV's only that we Americans are being set up as the enemy... were only that because of all the lies that lead us to this point in history... with the correct facts maybe we could have made better choices... but this ENGLISH Nightmare is where this American is laying the Blame... England brought about the Jewish State and the world has not been the same since... wouldnt you agree...? maybe this is why they didnt have a state in first place... anyone ever think of that...?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

Irishwolf, I'm Irish also, and my belief is also that the recession was good enough to push the Irish to say YES to the vote. This will hasten the pace in creating the European Superstate with a European President at its head and many laws that would normally not be approved of if the other EU countries actually had a choice to choose.

Now more and more people are using the Euro currency in the UK, as described in this BBC article. So the UK will be forced to fully join the EU. If not, the UK will lose out with more and more Euros circulating in the UK.

Please make sure the Irish say NO. I'm in Taiwan, so I can't do much from here...if not, we can still count on the Czech Republic, which is also beginning to shake though with regards to who can decide on YES or NO rather than a single leader - the one who wants to vote NO.

I wish they had thought about that when refusing a referendum in the rest of the EU.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

As long as Scotland isn't independent, they will self-destruct with England. If Scotland becomes independent they will self-destruct earlier, so what's the choice? The same goes for Wales.

Northern Ireland can just as well join Ireland. We're all part of the European Superstate in the end anyway...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
England brought about the Jewish State and the world has not been the same since

The United Kingdom abstained on the United Nations vote on the creation of Israel due to the terrorism that occurred and ignorance of our settlement plan for Palestine.

Also, I express great candour here, there are great problems that explain the world's plight. Not the Jewish State

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Although I'm Welsh I think I still count lol,

When I consider what is going on in the UK and the constant distractions othe posters have alluded to.I cannot help but think of the Movie V For Vendetta, it would appear that this work of fiction is being played out in real life.

I personally feel that the British public are enslaving themselves through complacency and the promise of cheap thrills of materialism.

On a personal level, I feel somewhat of a black sheep (can you say that now ?) in my own community because of my observance of what appears o be going on.

I really cannot fathom why Brits do nothing but complain about all the "little inconveniences" that are steadily being introduced or the "little freedoms" that are steadily being eroded, yet refuse to pick up a book or consider a site like ATS.

The recent affair with the MPs expenses has left me somewhat perplexed.When considering the great lengths that the so called "elite" have gone to, to make the citizens "need " their masters. Along comes this bombshell, which creates a country wide distrust in the government and those that would be in it, overnight.

Why was this allowed to happen ? Everything was going their way, the public were glued to big brother, drugged up or down the pub.

There seems something not quite right with something that seems not quite right, if you get my drift.

I cannot help but see correlations between events in the US and that of the UK that appear to be somewhat coordinated.

A 2 horse race at elections.

911 - 0707

Stock piling tamiflu

genetic finger printing - medical databases

Would be government leaders having no policy other than thee cry of "Change, change"

And on and on

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Lets face it, were in deep mire.

Ten years of uncontrolled immigration.
A raft of green taxes that none of us can afford to pay while india, china, and the us poison us and could not care less.
Quangos that the goverment give billions to while our troops in afganistan have to dye their own uniforms green because they have desert camouflage in the lush green zone.
National health system on the brink of collapse.
Councils using so called anti terror laws to spy on innocent people.
And the summer has been crap

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
England is no worse or better than any other country at the moment.
The world has taken a shot to the arm, its reeling. But it will get back to 'normal' soon enough.
Revolution?
Don't make me laugh. Us Brits don't know the meaning of the word.
Our idea of revolution is buying a different brand of tea or sleeping in on a Saturday.

Stop Being such an uncle Tom.

Britain has had several revolutions and a revolution is more likely to happen here than many other 1st World countries.

I'm not saying there will be revolution, of course there won't, I just hate this boring stereotype that Live Forever is regurgitating, as it has absolutely no base in reality!

Carry on with your tea drinking, bad toothed, bowler hat wearing, posh speaking, stiff upper lipped jokes though, if you want, you uncle Tom!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
there should be a revolution here in the uk no other country would put up with this one eyed scottish idiot running the country he wasnt even elected by the people if this was any other european country there would be rioting in the streets.

But noeone in the UK seems even bothered by this?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woodward

We are so that has to be a good start

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodward
there should be a revolution here in the uk no other country would put up with this one eyed scottish idiot running the country he wasnt even elected by the people if this was any other european country there would be rioting in the streets.

Actually, you vote for the party, not the person.

This isn't America.

The leader of the party in power is the defacto Prime Minister - its actually what the name means.

So Labour won the last election, and as hes leader of Labour Party, hes the PM.

Simple stuff.

Being bothered about who is PM makes bugger all difference to the fact that Labour are in power, and were elected there in the correct manner.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by LiveForever8

England is "politically correcting" itself to death.

Your not kidding there, my sisters and I went to a Catholic primary school, all 6 of us, and the last is there now but leaves this year, and she brought a letter home this Christmas that told parents they can't have a nativity play incase it offends any non catholic pupils.

When I went there my muslim friend Amber loved playing the angel with me, and her parents still have the picture of her in her tinsel halo framed in their living room.

what are people doing getting offended for other people??

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Actually, you vote for the party, not the person.

This isn't America.

The leader of the party in power is the defacto Prime Minister - its actually what the name means.

So Labour won the last election, and as hes leader of Labour Party, hes the PM.

Simple stuff.

Being bothered about who is PM makes bugger all difference to the fact that Labour are in power, and were elected there in the correct manner.

But he is in power on Tony Blairs mainfesto, not on his own, so how can he claim legitmate power?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by butterflycatcher
But he is in power on Tony Blairs mainfesto, not on his own, so how can he claim legitmate power?

Its not Tony Blairs manifesto. Its the Labour Party Manifesto. Blair may have driven it, but the Party voted for it, and the party published it.

People need to understand this stuff. The fact that they don't is kind of disturbing.

[edit on 11/8/09 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
England is no worse or better than any other country at the moment.
The world has taken a shot to the arm, its reeling. But it will get back to 'normal' soon enough.
Revolution?
Don't make me laugh. Us Brits don't know the meaning of the word.
Our idea of revolution is buying a different brand of tea or sleeping in on a Saturday.

You are so right, Guy Fawkes is looked at as a evil man there.

Not what was portrayed in the movie V for vendetta.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

On a personal level, I feel somewhat of a black sheep (can you say that now ?)

You see?! I know you're being ironic, but this is the exact sort of thing that is tearing us limb from limb. Worrying about who not to offend in a tiny way, whilst sacrificing your own autonomy!

As a nation, we are a bunch of cowards and sneaks, no-one is willing to accept blame for anything, and worry about the tiniest things, like, I dunno, the price of a tin of baked beans, whilst ignoring the huge changes to our civil liberties and way of life.
They seem to whimper, 'oh, we mustn't make a fuss...' then wilt and die. Take the goddamn initiative, make a fuss, demand better!
I'm so sick of living in this country, and being surrounded by its cult of mediocrity!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
Humm, United Kingdom is dead, we Americans decided that one... 200 years ago.

Can I point out one historical fact? The British Empire had an enormous expansion after the American War of Independence. Pax Britannica existed between 1818 - 1919 - Victory in the Napoleonic Wars insured Britain was the world's only superpower.

Finally, it was the French Army and European mercenaries who decided the fate of the British during the Revolutionary War. Britain dealt with the colonialists sufficiently well, until the European powers intervened. Why? France feared a British victory would lead to massive invasion of New Spain and France in North America.

Just wanted to correct your limited knowledge of history

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

scottish idiot

I am bothered by this part of what you said actually.

Try saying that to a scottish person, in person.

Away an bile yer head ya typical racist pig ye.

Apart from that part, i agree with you mostly but the british public will do something about it eventually. It is not over until its over and I do not see a finish line in sight in either direction.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have been away a few weeks.

I am just getting my head around all this. There really is a major power that is controlling everything, the more you look the mor eyou find.

Is there anyone on here that can or would do anything about it ? What can we do ?

As I am sure if this NWO and other groups of a similar nature get there way, we are all doomed.

Please send across thoughts I am a worried but also strong mid 30s guy who would like some positive action taken, not just your usual protests and alike. Surely there is something legal we can do here?¿

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

scottish idiot

I am bothered by this part of what you said actually.

Try saying that to a scottish person, in person.
[edit on 11-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

BUT ... He is Scottish and he is an idiot.

How is that racist????

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
I honestly think England is heading towards a second revolution. I hope this time it has the British peoples interests in mind and not a foreign body.

I remember about 12 years ago sitting in a pub in the town in which I now live , discussing with a stranger ......... how it was tome we had a revolution.

I daresay I may do the same in 12 years time and, if I live that long, in 24 years time.

And I bet folk have been sayig much the same in pubs ever since the Civil War.

It was always better in the good old days. Just as it was always sunnier in summer and snowier in winter.

Britain ain't good. But life here is still better than in most countries and at most times in British history. Indeed, when was life here ever better?

Then again, we live in a country which has so many CCTVs simply because we all spy in each other! Maybe the revolution should be against ourselves not the government?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join