It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is England going to self destruct...?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think what we are experiencing here in the USA is like turned up a notch in England at the moment...(or you guys are like a couple of months ahead of us)
No Representation Issues and the like a whole host of issues... but I also see, ATS is followed by English Readers as well.... so, Mate tell us what you think is Not Right and the dangers you see and where you think its leading...?

The reason I ask is, there are very simular things going on here and I would like to draw some parallels or common things thats against both of our common laws and beliefs.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I honestly think England is heading towards a second revolution. I hope this time it has the British peoples interests in mind and not a foreign body.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I just hope it's peaceful or it's like the Soviet Union and happens because they're broke.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Can't see their being a revolution here unless it is one created by the tabloid media at the behest of TPTB. Sadly, the people are not smart enough, defeatest, disinterested in what truly matters while totally consumed by everything that doesn't.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a friend and i were talking about this a few days ago, and we figure that since a lot of these so called elite have have ties somewhere along the way to england, our re-adjustment will still be really bad but afterwards things will settle down faster than in say a post-revolutionary america (which has essentially become a way to make money by imposing illegal taxes)

and in my opinion more brits are waking up but we're still vastly outnumbered, and the numbers that are waking up and willing to do something are even fewer, so i think we've still got a while until people revolt.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
England is no worse or better than any other country at the moment.
The world has taken a shot to the arm, its reeling. But it will get back to 'normal' soon enough.
Revolution?
Don't make me laugh. Us Brits don't know the meaning of the word.
Our idea of revolution is buying a different brand of tea or sleeping in on a Saturday.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by james420

Im English/ British,

Not being dum here but I am new to this site. What do you mean a revolution and why ?¿ Am I missing something here ?

I know alot of my friends are fed up with how things are and have a very different way of thinking- how can we group together to change things ?

Matty

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You are right, there is no effective representation of the English people by those nominally appointed to represent us in Parliament.

We are in danger of moving to an unelected dictatorship at this very moment. Peter Mandelson effectively runs the country is unelected, unaccountable, and unanswerable to Parliament or the people.

England is finished as a country, anyone who has the temerity to complain or protest risks ridicule in the media over their personal life, being found with the wrists slit in a field with no blood anywhere near them, or being beaten to death by the Police at a protest.

I believe that with us not having the Right to Silence, that you can be tried without a jury, you can be held indefinitely with legal representation, and the shameful treatment of our own citizens over torture, extradition, endless surveillance over everything and anything you do, that the average UK citizen could claim political asylum in most countries on account of coming from an oppressive state.

There is as much oppression of the English by the State as there was as against the East German people.

The worst of it is that nothing will change the situation other than violent bloodshed, probably through a military coup, because everytime anyone threatens to reveal the truth of what is going on there is a mass distraction. Child murders, serial killer, serious accident, terrorist incident (staged), tax turmoil, or other. By the time everyone turns back after being distracted events have moved on and people have forgotten.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Surely there must be something we could do ?

As alot of us know that the gov is corrupt , and you said it right- when you mentioned about things being created to distract us.

What can we do ??? I know there woudl be people willing to try !

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mattymatty78

There is nothing we can do.
Too many people have too much to lose.
If its (whatever 'it' is) going to happen it will be long after the point of no return, too little too late as usual.
Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There is siomething we can do and we dont have to raise our fists. There is a law that government dont want you to know and do, it involves you being at the ballot box on election day. If enough people spoiled their ballot papers (they are still counted) the Queen will have to dissolve parlament and and put in an emergency government. I am not entirely sure how it works but as I said its a law the government dont want you to know.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by loner007]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

This is the worst news I've had all morning. I hope something turns around for England. It would be such a shame to lose this great country.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
"It's my belief that history is a wheel. 'Inconstancy is my very essence,' says the wheel. Rise up on my spokes if you like but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away." - Boethius, "The Constellation of Philosophy"

We're going through nothing that hasn't happened before, and nothing that wont happen again.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Im not worried in the slightest so dont you be

I'd be more worried if i lived in the US, Pakistan, Iran, Isreal, China, Russia etc....
Life goes on.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

LiveForever8, please read my signature.

England is "politically correcting" itself to death. Isn't this a part of it?

Surely you can form groups? Remember "sit-ins" from the seventies?

England is like the "Mother" country to me. I can't bare the thought of anything changing it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yes, I agree. The US is right on your coattails. But somehow, I think we are "meaner" than you guys. Perhaps a little less tolerant.

You think?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Less tolerant?
Im not sure. I just think that because of your history you are more willing to pick up a rifle and take to the streets. More rebellious, patriotic. It can be a very good thing, also very dangerous.

Your signature is great, iv'e seen it before, but the key word is 'think'.

'When you think you have exhausted all possibilities...'

Nobody thinks like we do, at least not the majority.
How can people fight for freedom when they dont believe they are being treated like prisoners. People are too happy with what they have got, why rock the boat?

A prison without bars is still a prison.

Its a shame but those days of yore...sit-ins, protests etc have gone.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

England is "politically correcting" itself to death. Isn't this a part of it?

I know this is a popular opinion, but it is, in my experience, massively untrue. I'm not even sure what it means. I see no evidence of it in day-to-day life. Most of the stories posted on here about this subject are from the Daily Mail, a horrendous torrent of hatred and fear in print form. It amazes me that so many non-british people on here are so untrustworthy of mainstream media, yet swallow up anything they read on the Daily Mail website.

England is like the "Mother" country to me. I can't bare the thought of anything changing it.

Change happens. Don't worry. We're not.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by CRB86]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It's just the thought of what the future may bring that troubles me.

And the rest of us are in the same boat. Yes.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If you already feel depressed by this thread, or you don't know why certain people think England is in deep trouble, please view my thread for a detailed explanation of Peter Mandelson's position or "non-position" in the UK government:

Real Ruler of England: Peter Mandelson (a Rothschild friend)

Here's the problem(fully based on the UK news sources that you can check in more details on my thread):

Peter Mandelson and George Osborne hang out with the Rothschilds. The Rothschilds are in control of the Bank of England and the Federal Reserve. Peter Mandelson is presently on holidays at the Rothschild's villa in Corfu, Greece, while Gordon Brown is on holidays in Scotland.

The latest news is also that the Labour leader is on holidays...

Peter Mandelson, George Osborne and David Camerson were at the notorious Bilderberg meeting this year and/or last year.

George Osborne and David Cameron are working hard on increasing the VAT tax to 20% (Source: Daily Mail)

Meanwhile George Osborne also insists that the Bank of England should be given greater control with this crisis while forgetting that they are the creators of this crisis. Of course they should gain more control! They are controlled by the Rothschilds! (Source: BBC; Blog; Zimbio)

So what's happening? With the long list of tax hikes, I'm confident that England is in danger, but so are many other countries in the world. Is this the way to the New World Order / One World Government? No country can survive without a union?

[edit on 9-8-2009 by MightyAl]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join