It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s Killing The Birds It’s Astronomical!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Phlynx

Thank you!

I'm not sure if it is related but I have low flying helicopters fly over my house most nights lately. I live in a heavly wooded area. I know they are Not spraying for mosquitos.

Ive noticed all the mosquitos show a new form of aggression. Has any one else noticed it. I saw a recent thread on here that mentioed this but dont know what it's called. Even bees seem more aggressive, this year.

actually we seem to be getting these new smaller mosquitoes, they showed up end of summer last year. They are half the size of the slow dumb ones we get normally (and still get in the spring). The new ones are faster and harder to kill in the air. They hurt when they bite (it stings like a bee) and they swarm in huge clouds also the bug spray doesn't keep them off you. They show uped up last july/august and on into fall then they started showing up again the end of july this year.

We had a few birds dropping dead last year but the news said it was west nile.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Weedwhacker,,Do you like following me around to rerail my threads? You mentioned on my chemtrail thread you had'nt a clue why the Ottawa Airspace was restricted. It's only one of many theories. You should read beyond your chemtrail fears.

The birds on this thread were poisoned by something, whether it was all bait or chemical aerial spraying. Do a google search on the subject before you deny it.

Do you deny millions of birds in Russia or thousands in Sweden and Norway?

Do you happen to have the keyword "chemtrail" in your database? You only pop up on those threads. Do you enjoy or participate in other discussions,as well?

[edit on 9-8-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

I'm sure curious, as to why we have new species of mosquitos, that are resistant to bug spray.

I havent seen any dead birds here but they also arent flying around as usual. Now I have my daugher on watch to tell me when or if she spots a bird. Nothing as of 20 minutes.

I'm curious if these mutant mosquitos are part of a west nile experiment, gone wrong? Trial and error I guess.These things dont happen naturally, or could they?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

It's an example of adaptation. It's been happening in roaches too.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Yes I understand the adaptation issue. You can take an Eskimo and place him in the Desert and he adapts well, yet doesnt turn in to a mutant. Know what I mean?

The Eskimo will stay dark complected adapting to living in the desert. His physical characteristics dont change. On the other hand he may get ticked off and more aggressive. .

I kind of liked things the way they were

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

I'm sure curious, as to why we have new species of mosquitos, that are resistant to bug spray.

I havent seen any dead birds here but they also arent flying around as usual. Now I have my daugher on watch to tell me when or if she spots a bird. Nothing as of 20 minutes.

I'm curious if these mutant mosquitos are part of a west nile experiment, gone wrong? Trial and error I guess.These things dont happen naturally, or could they?

I heard that the mosquioes came from somewhere else, all it would take would be a couple from somewhere and the way they bread in no time you have millions of the little bas*ards. They love me and my son. I can go out to the yard and have 50 on one arm in 20-30 seconds, my daughters get way less bites (10 or so an hour). Not saying it's sex linked because I've always attracked the little blood suckers.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well you see with us spraying willie nillie that leaves the few ones that are resistant to breed and make more resistant ones.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Eat lots of Garlic. It does something that makes them stay away. Works for me when I do.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

ww, you know how to answer that question.

Don't play games. It doesn't suit you. I happen to read a lot more than I post, but something in me just goes batcrazy when I see obvious disinfo spouted...sometimes I wait for another to correct it, sometimes not, 'cuz it just ain't worth it on occasion.

This was a case where such incredible speculation, with no basis whatsoever on anything tangible, was getting so bad it needed comment. It's difficult to imagine how many young minds may be influenced by the sometimes wild and unwarranted chat, here on ATS...this is how most of these Internet rumors get started in the first place!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN

hI, wonderworld.

Dead birds, yes. . .
. . .and dead bees. . .

And dead frogs/tadpoles,
and monster frogs/tadpoles,

Two of them flying. . .?
Why/how/who/???

Blue skies.

Flying frogs are quite natural actually..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Good point. Maybe they fly inside the cargo area of planes and transported. It's better to believe than that to think a mad scientist is bio-engineering a kill proof species.

It makes me wonder if they carry a differnt disease. At this time my mosquitos stay away from my Deep Woods Off spray. I have tons because I live in a cedar forest near 2 lakes and a creek. They love damp areas.

They have became more aggressive. The other day I burned something on the stove and opened all doors and windows. They all have screens except for the front door.

There was a swarm of them in just a few minutes. The more I smacked the more appeared. It was odd. I used my daughter as bait and when they approched I'd get them all, as long as I kept my eye on her. I had my own swarm.

I pay my kids 10 cents each for swatting one. Theyve made bank a couple times.

They also love my dog. Everywhere he goes he has a swarm following him.

Mowing my lawn seems to set them off, as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Right, I dont like the idea of resistant mosquitos. If bats are also dying this would answer part of the problem.

My neighbor has built a bat house. The bats eat the mosquitos. I'll ask him if he has had a bat reduction.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think it's chems and also believe it or not, Radio signals.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I tell you, I learn something new everyday!

"These morphological changes contribute to the flying frog's aerodynamic abilities"

I hope I dont see a flying frog but wont be to worried now if I do. Thanks for the link!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I think it's chems and also believe it or not, Radio signals.

whooa, watch out weedwacker will come after you and we'll soon have all the chem debunkers on here. I think so, as well. They would most likely spray at low altitudes, after dark.

I also believe the bait drops. I dont believe the USDA's version of poisoning the bird feeders or more than one type of bird would die.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i was drawn to this thread cause for about 1 week now, while taking my dog for walks we have noticed 4 or more dead birds. just in the little apartment complex we live in.

in the past we have seen maybe 1 a year, but just this last week or 2 have stumbled on 4 or more.

we live in southeastern Michigan. the southgate area.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think this is happening due to different types of the bacteria:

Clostridium botulinum - which is Bird Botulism, a neurotoxin.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Eat lots of Garlic. It does something that makes them stay away. Works for me when I do.

I agree, I never get bitten, but then again I barley see any bugs, but my roomate and his friends all get eaten alive..

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hello! I feel sad to hear about the birds. I love birds! I saw two dead ones
in the road. They looked like hawks yesterday. I thought it was odd and kept driving. Someone should take some dead birds to the vet's office, the animal control office, and contact the state department for dieases.
CDC? It is scary. In Kentucky five years ago West Nile virus went through. If you saw any dead birds you were to report it immediately, and take the birds in.
Birds are fragile creatures I had 18 chickens, a fox or weasel got in the cage and ate them all over two years. I tried to raise baby peacocks they up and died. FRAGILE. I would worry about what's going on, it sounds like
a Steven king novel, movie.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Funny thing is. All the information I can find on the net says garlic doesn't work, use DEET. I am thinking misinformation to get people to buy the products instead. Because I KNOW it works as comparing to when I haven't and get swarmed and when I have and don't.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join