It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s Killing The Birds It’s Astronomical!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My first thought is Chemtrails. They are somehow being poisoned. The USDA has been involved with at least one of these instances, by supposedly putting poison in the feeders. I don’t buy it.

What about the rest of these cases. Why would the government want to kill the birds? The case in Ottawa is most significant to me, as the NOTAM map specifically shows the area was restricted to commercial and private aircraft at the time. This would either allow the Military or other Federal authority.

I havent researched other areas; however the numbers are alarming. Does anyone know of a possible threat by sparrows? Several cases are not linked to Avian Bird Flu; although if you search, for that alone you will find an astounding number of dead birds.

These are not related to oil spills.

Restricted Airspace over Ottawa below;

More dead sparrow groups found in Ottawa

A second large group of dead house sparrows found in Ottawa's Allen Park was investigated Monday by La Salle County Animal Control, said Dr. Dell Brodd, the county's animal control administrator.

Sunday, some 70 dead sparrows were discovered on a grassy area outside the Holiday Inn Express near Interstate 80 and Route 23.

"There were probably just about as many found on the South Side at Allen Park."

Brodd said he has refrigerated specimens from both sites while he makes contact with an avian biologist to see if a cause of death can be determined.

"I don't know if this was accidental or what. At this point I'm just guessing, but it's hard to believe it's not some type of poisoning.
"There could be a lot more going on than we think," said Brodd.

Mass bird deaths have been attributed to everything from disease to electromagnetic pulses from cell phones and cell phone towers.

mywebtimes.com...

More dead birds on the Oregon coast

www.katu.com...

Dead birds by the hundreds, but few answers

Standing in her Park Lane driveway, beside a dead bird, Venus pointed yesterday afternoon to houses where black birds with yellow beaks also lay dead. One neighbor even told her he had seen birds falling straight from the sky, their wings still as they came down like rocks.
"We want to know if someone came in and sprayed," Tracy Venus said. "We want to make sure it's not poisonous to animals.

www.nj.com.../base/news-12/1232947558327210.xml&coll=1

Fewer birds are nesting on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge

After years of seeing hundreds of double-crested cormorant nests on the Richmond-San Rafael and San Francisco Bay bridges, researchers are raising concerns about a precipitous drop in nesting activity this year.

Such dramatic changes don't just happen by chance," said John Wiens, the bird observatory's chief conservation science officer. "The cormorants are telling us that something is amiss in these environments."

www.marinij.com...

Dead wildlife washes up on Coromandel beaches

Residents north of Thames say they've been watching DOC clean up hundreds of dead birds.

Resident Dean Thomsen was walking his local beach when he discovered Te Mata Bay littered with bird carcases.

“It’s quite disturbing being a New Zealander seeing our bird life washed up on the beach.”

Thomsen photographed what he saw and like many here he blames the deaths on 1080 bait drops.

www.3news.co.nz...

Cereal killing: murder case black and white

Magpies found convulsing and dying on the side of the road on the Gold Coast yesterday are believed to be victims of the third mass bird poisoning in 12 months.
A Palm Beach resident found 20 dead birds in parkland at the end of Tahiti Avenue. It is believed the magpies ate deliberately-poisoned bread, which was found scattered nearby.

www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

Maggie massacre at Palm Beach

PALM Beach residents have been rocked by a possible magpie massacre, with 25 dead birds found just as the annual swooping season starts.

www.goldcoast.com.au...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Uh the only way you gonna figure something out is if you do a blood test or examine the carcasses by someone qualified,it's hard to tell from photos.

i'd suspect someone wants to build an airport there or something and the birds are getting in the way from conservation laws.

this will seriously disrupt the ecosystem.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

hI, wonderworld.

Dead birds, yes. . .
. . .and dead bees. . .

And dead frogs/tadpoles,
and monster frogs/tadpoles,

Two of them flying. . .?
Why/how/who/???

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Let's hope it's not something disrupting the electromagnetic field.

Let's hope it's not some kind of poison. That would probably end up affecting other animals.

It could be West Nile Virus. I have seen a couple of birds just fall out of the sky from it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Interesting thread, thanks for posting it, OP.

I don't think we should automatically assume this is being done "intentionally" by TPTB or whatever...this could be literally anything from a natural epidemic to some kind of chem poisinng eminating from an industrial site or whatever.

At this point, we need more info.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Although unscientific I have seen fewer birds at my feeders in the city then I expected this year.

When working in the country I have said to myself a few times that the bird population seems to be low.
I very seldom hear Meadowlarks anymore nor do I hear Wrenches.

I have seen a Baltimorle Oreole this year and many Canary's.

Also it seems their are more Hummingbirds.

Yet waterfowl, shore birds like the Killdeer are much more rare then 30 years ago when you would hear them every morning.

I am alarmed over this but all one can do is their part.

Feed the local birds, protect them from cats (whom i adore) and try to stay active in local wildlife orgs.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

i dont believe the government is trying to off us all..

but...if someone were...

birds eat bugs. bugs carry infectious diseases...kill the birds, let the bugs infect the humans...

bird flu? try cockroach pneumonia....

edit to add:

I saw a bird drop dead right in front of me today while driving..in fact I have picked up more dead birds in my backyard than I have ever had the displeasure of doing...seems very odd indeeed...

[edit on 9-8-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If this was due to the West Nile or any other virus that was killing birds in large groups like that we would be hearing about it on the news, unless it's being suppressed of coarse.

Sounds more like whatever they are eating has somehow been contaminated, at least from the stories I read anyway. Finding large groups of dead birds in a relatively small area would seem to indicate that they all are being poisoned from the same source. This could be a deliberate act or accidental but either way it doesn't appear subtle as they are being found dead in groups

There are many different types of birds crowding our feeders this year and I hear the squeaking of their babies in the trees and bushes around the property so it sounds like they are doing good.

I have also seen a lot of Humming birds myself, well I hear more of them than I see and they persuaded me into putting up some feeders for them as well. The one thing I haven't seen this year are the hordes of starlings attacking the feeders and sweeping the fields for bugs. I remember several years ago a very large group of starlings were found dead and I don't recall if there was a cause found.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Yes I thought about addng the missing Honey Bees but didnt. It's an odd coincidence.

I think we have a lot of eco-system problems, from birds and bees to air quality and trees. It can also be a health hazard to humans and other wild life.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Okiminletsdoit!

They arent building an airport in Ottawa they have one within that restricted airspace. Commercial flight paths wouldnt affect building, on the ground.

This could be caused by low flying aircraft spraying pesticide. In larger areas like Ottawa it's most likely Military related.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Interesting thread, thanks for posting it, OP.

I don't think we should automatically assume this is being done "intentionally" by TPTB or whatever...this could be literally anything from a natural epidemic to some kind of chem poisinng eminating from an industrial site or whatever.

At this point, we need more info.

Information?

Are you kidding?

That'd mean we'd be 'Denying Ignorance', wouldn't it?

Nope. Never!

It's chemtrails.

Definitely.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Hm. I'm not a Christian but it sounds almost biblical. Wasn't there something in their bible about the birds dying in revelations? That being said, it might have something to do with the climate shift. Or perhaps the pole reversal they have been talking about possibly going on now.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by winotka

There is only one thing I know of that can manipulate or alter the Electromagnetic field and that is HAARP. The (supposed) global warming unit and weather manipulating system. They affect all sections of our atmosphere.

Only a guess.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Yes you are exactly right on Biible prophecy. That 1/3 of the birds will die and strange changes in the weather. I thought the same thing. It also says 1/3 of the fish will die. Maybe I should look up dead fish.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Overfishing. Aren't they estimating that at current consumption we only have like a few years left before we depopulate the ocean? I will check.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I only know about the USDA poisoning the birds in NJ. Poisons have been brought up in a few of these cases. I believe they ruled out bird flu on the ones here.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Wow, I didnt know about that one. Please let me know and thanks for checking. That would be scary!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
addition to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Yep. Right here. Well not a few years. But still not good.

There will be virtually nothing left to fish from the seas by the middle of the century if current trends continue, according to a major scientific study.

SOURCE:news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
very sad. It will be interesting to find out what is causing it. it made me think about revelations too.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

You have a good point about more humming birds and less of others. I live in Washington State. I am sitting in front of a window with a view. So far I havent seen one bird fly by. I usually have these big blue jays/ blue birds (not sure) every year and havent seen them this year.

I wish we had a bird watcher on ATS to do some comparison info.

Another problem I see is when the Honey bees left they seem to be replaced by the african killer bees. I have a seperate thread on that. some guy got stung over 1000 times and lived.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join