It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s Killing The Birds It’s Astronomical!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Thing is, it's not going to take most all of the fish being gone before there is a tremendous problem. Besides the fact that more people are being added to earth daily, and food consumption is growing, the fish leaving the ocean would have unknown cascading effects that is unfathomable.

If it takes another forty or so years for 90%+ of fish to be gone, perhaps we truly are only a few years away from the 1/3 mark. Actually, I'm pretty sure I read either in a magazine or online that this mark has been surpassed in many regions. Recall hearing between 25-60% or so.

So not only are we overfishing, we're deforesting, and birds seem to be dying off, honey bees, and species are going extinct daily. If people can't put this picture together by now, there is little help for future generations experiencing the abundance which is currently still in front of us.

To put it bluntly, I think civilization will not last another two generations, and it could be much, much sooner than that.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Side note: Apparently a superstition about Sparrows is that they carry the souls of the dead.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
S&F. Interesting.

Makes me wonder about H5N1 bird flu - and makes it look even more likely that H1N1 swine flu will (is?) get(ting) together with H5N1, re-assort(ing) and ready to blow... Which is the most likely/most feared pandemic scenario.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Don't forget about Bat's dying off in the north east. The mysterious white nose disease.
Bad news for crops when the instects start swarming.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

China just broke out with a deadly type of pneumonia virus and just let the towns out of quarantine. More plagues!

I still cant understand why sparrows or others would be a risk and killed. It doesnt seem rational to control Avian flu or they would kill all birds and all swine. Of course swine has big money involved.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I was thinking but perhaps revelations was a warning before it was a end times prophecy?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

No one told the residents of NJ, until hundred of birds started falling from the sky. They also failed to notify the county cops. These people were scared and were told to pick all the dead birds up that were in their yard.

Many were to scared to touch them. We all know if we see a dead bird we are to contact an official and bot touch it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Wow, it could be less than half a century maybe 30 to 40 years before no fish. Good job and thanks. Have you heard about 1/3 of the trees dying?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

My pleasure.
I can be a passable data miner when I choose to.

I would say you could call that deforrestation. Which we are doing. Here is an interesting article:

Deforestation: The hidden cause of global warming

In the next 24 hours, deforestation will release as much CO2 into the atmosphere as 8 million people flying from London to New York. Stopping the loggers is the fastest and cheapest solution to climate change. So why are global leaders turning a blind eye to this crisis?

The accelerating destruction of the rainforests that form a precious cooling band around the Earth's equator, is now being recognised as one of the main causes of climate change. Carbon emissions from deforestation far outstrip damage caused by planes and automobiles and factories.

The rampant slashing and burning of tropical forests is second only to the energy sector as a source of greenhouses gases according to report published today by the Oxford-based Global Canopy Programme, an alliance of leading rainforest scientists.

SOURCE:www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

Yes it's sad, especially when a few of these cases were done on purpose and admit to poisoning.

We have a lot of EU, UK members. I wonder if it's going on in other countries. I might check that out. The UN works closly with Military spray missions.

In the gulf war they used it as a tactical weapon, spraying something.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Maybe the Guf has been emptied and the time is close at hand.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Youre right about civilization not lasting more than a couple generations or less.

I also have a thread stating 2009 will be the year of the food crisis. I have seen other threads which state over 1 billion will go hungry this year!

It's true that the planet was intended to feed a limited amount of people and we have an overpopulation problem.

I wouldnt want to think this was some sinister plot for depopulation; although it appears something is directly contributing to the missing or dead animals and insects. They all play a crucial role.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Quick tell every woman if she is asked in her dreams if she'd "die for him" to say YES!
*refering to the movie "The Seventh Sign"*

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

We need to get our butts in gear and start expanding into space. Only there is the human race's future assured.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Side note: Apparently a superstition about Sparrows is that they carry the souls of the dead.

That is creepy. It remind sme of the Georgia Guide stones, saying only 500 million would be left on earth.

It's more scary it would be linked to a cult out to kill all the bird souls. I'll check the other bird species. There was another one that seemed crazy to poison.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yeah, food will be quite the issue real soon. I've known this for some time. Seems to go well in hand with the inflationary spiral we're most likely about to be caught in. Eugenics in play. I don't think this was all planned, but they are definitely pushing the agenda through the circumstances. It's like 911, they definitely had forewarning, but direct involvement is still not proven 100%.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Not sure about space. Would be nice, but maybe this collapse will happen before we get a chance. I don't think we will die out entirely. It's just going to get carnal for a while, and then the remaining will rebuild society in time. Hopefully, some kind, intelligent souls will remain and continue seeding their genes.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by cloakndagger

Quick tell every woman if she is asked in her dreams if she'd "die for him" to say YES!
*refering to the movie "The Seventh Sign"*

Yep that's the movie.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

We have the abilityy. We just don't have the drive for some strange reason and it would most likely save us as a species as it would fix over population *off world colonies*, over mining *mining elsewhere perhaps astroid belt*, etc etc etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services confirmed the dead birds were part of a USDA program to reduce the European starling population.

www.nj.com.../base/news-12/1232947558327210.xml&coll=1

What’s the problem with European starlings? I wonder if the Europeans are also killing them off?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join