It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A “New Cydonia” of ancient extraterrestrial monuments found on Mars Aug 6, 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by spikedmilk

But look at the possibilities you just gave.

A doorway in a rock? And a face?

Who goes to such length to hide themselves by putting their doorway in a rock and then makes such a bold statement by carving a face on a mountain that can be viewed from 100 miles away (straight up?).

This doesn't make sense.

For that matter, who has the technology to CUT a door into a rock and doesn't decide to just build walls?

Unless you are talking about a cave entrance. But heck, in my neck of the woods you can find them all over the place, I've even seen some that look Geometric.

In short, I'll wait for something much better.

Whoever did have that tech, is probably no longer with us. And if they did build these things such as building a face to look up, we wont know the "whys" but just because we dont, does not mean it couldnt be done. But these examples were possibly left behind for us to question.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ce80bc0d0d7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3d82080b797.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1717a0b8ec81.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-8-2009 by spikedmilk]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
Here's one of Basagio's press releases, aimed at the National Geographic Society

Quote....

"I was astonished by what I found," he said. "There, on the Red Planet, were beings in blue bodysuits and the abstract artwork of a Martian civilization. I was looking at the first evidence of life beyond Earth!"

In his letter to the National Geographic Society, the lawyer writes that careful evaluation of PIA10214 reveals "a cosmic treasure trove of pictographic evidence of life on Mars, including humanoid beings, animal species, carved statues, and built structures."

According to Basiago, the humanoid beings photographed in PIA10214 have bulbous heads and elongated bodies, like the extraterrestrials described in alien contact accounts. Some have two arms and legs like human beings, while others have multiple appendages and segmented or larval bodies, as if they are human-insect hybrids."

....Unquote

Now in case you don't know what he's refering to, he's writing about that picture that was the subject of a long thread on here, purporting to show the "alien" statue or "petrified alien" with the outstretched arm, as per this thumbnail from one of his articles.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d177a0f5e024.jpg[/atsimg]

It's all a crock.

Thanks Sam, its exactly the guy I was thinking.
I forgot he mentioned the little bulbous headed people.
I stared at that pic till I got a headache and still couldn't see what he was talking about.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Absolutely agree, at this rate the mound of sand in my backyard may have been the second stonehenge predating that of the first lol. The things people try to make a buck off, why not just put a picture scrappy doo on the surface of mars and label it an alien lifeform. Jeeeeeezzzzzzzzz

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

LOL very nice! martian motorcycle now with crater for wheel!

I saw the thread title and then upon looking at the pics realized that this topic was going to be full of fail.

The author should just go back to looking for shapes in clouds.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I think that entire article was absurd.

My .02.

I'm right there with you.

The second photo referred to as a pyramid looked like a bird to me.

It's like looking at the clouds at this point.

I expected to see things that looked more artificial, not just a giant gestalt test.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

More than likely? This is undoubtedly a natural formation and to even suggest otherwise flies in the face of all common sense.

In fact, I am of the opinion that this article is a joke. Seriously. Like a mockery of a fool who believes that those irregular shaped mountains with "points" at the top at "cydonia" are artificial structures.

I think the majority if these mars landscape finds are a load of rubbish and fly in the face of common sense.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It really seems like we are about to find some important information out in these next few years those pics were priceless and I would also like to see what we dont get to see.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I for one believe like many others, that there is more to the plane Mars than meets the eye, or what we are told.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I gotta agree with most of the sentiments here. I'm not seeing much without stretching my imagination and meshing it with wishful thinking.

And this is coming from a person who a big fan of Cydonia..

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Despite being an expert in SRHGT techniques and processes.....I am still forced to declare the theories in the opening post to be doo doo.....through and through.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here, we have the Rude man of Cern and now Bart Simpson, the Nazca lines and so on.Now on Mars someone has decided that huge chunks of the planet have been turned over to sculpture, just so it can be seen from above....very far above. Of course if they,(the Martians) did do that, then they were not that advanced really, were they.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

great find mate.. star and flag for you!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

well I dont see anything humanoid, but the mathematical angles are what differ the images posted from what could happen in nature relative to the physics on that planet. Thats what is being noted.. not faces, or foeces., people or churches.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

I suppose some people will believe anything and critical thinking never comes in to the picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join