It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A “New Cydonia” of ancient extraterrestrial monuments found on Mars Aug 6, 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The pyramids could be thousands if not millions of years older than the ones on Earth, if in fact they are pyramids. Who's to say the ones on Earth were built first? (again, that's if there actually are artificial pyramids on Mars).

So it would makes sense that they might have eroded away more and look more 'weathered'.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I misunderstood what you referring to as amazing and why. I apologize.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex
"This is ridiculous. This goes beyond pareidolia, and has to be one of the worst examples of anomaly-hunting."

Totally agree. This is just making faces out of natural wind erosion. I can see a dogs face in the bushes by my window but it doesn't mean little grey men or anybody else put it there. This is just another case of blurry out of focus pics of real bad imagination.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

The problem is that they don't look like eroded PYRAMIDS, they look like ERODED MOUNTAINS!

This is ridiculous and it does a great disservice to anyone trying to convince people that "There are stranger things in Heaven and on Earth than what is written in books."

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thank you all for the replies

first for the post'r who had said " I wish I could remove flags".......Thanks for the laugh - premature flagulation
. no disrepect whatsoever but you probaly shouldnt flag it until you're sure its worth it I guess.

Anyways, I dont contend these are the real deal. Being a believer in sometype of previous civlization existing at one time, I've still had difficulty in alot of the "faces" we're shown as anomalies. For me personally, the structure should be very well defined to be deemed a structure. At most we are privy to a only a couple possibilties. One being the original Cydonia. Two the "doorway in the rock" photo I feel has some possibilities and another, well dig through my prior threads and you'll know which one I'm talking about. I'm sure there's a few others but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

In regards to what I was saying about structural definition, we should keep in mind that we dont live on Mars nor are we familiar with any type of inhabitants past and present(
if there were) to know what their building methods were. However every now and then we find a pyramid type object which we can contend some similarities. With that being said , of all the pics from the article, I feel the best was probably the alleged D&M2. But I still like the original from DiPetrio better.

My only real beef with the article is I'm wondering if Basiago is the one and same who tried to have some kind of lawsuit or something in regards to the supposed martian statue last year.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Basagio.......

Another one on the ol' alien gravy train...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Sam60]

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here's one of Basagio's press releases, aimed at the National Geographic Society

Quote....

"I was astonished by what I found," he said. "There, on the Red Planet, were beings in blue bodysuits and the abstract artwork of a Martian civilization. I was looking at the first evidence of life beyond Earth!"

In his letter to the National Geographic Society, the lawyer writes that careful evaluation of PIA10214 reveals "a cosmic treasure trove of pictographic evidence of life on Mars, including humanoid beings, animal species, carved statues, and built structures."

According to Basiago, the humanoid beings photographed in PIA10214 have bulbous heads and elongated bodies, like the extraterrestrials described in alien contact accounts. Some have two arms and legs like human beings, while others have multiple appendages and segmented or larval bodies, as if they are human-insect hybrids."

....Unquote

Now in case you don't know what he's refering to, he's writing about that picture that was the subject of a long thread on here, purporting to show the "alien" statue or "petrified alien" with the outstretched arm, as per this thumbnail from one of his articles.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d177a0f5e024.jpg[/atsimg]

It's all a crock.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

But look at the possibilities you just gave.

A doorway in a rock? And a face?

Who goes to such length to hide themselves by putting their doorway in a rock and then makes such a bold statement by carving a face on a mountain that can be viewed from 100 miles away (straight up?).

This doesn't make sense.

For that matter, who has the technology to CUT a door into a rock and doesn't decide to just build walls?

Unless you are talking about a cave entrance. But heck, in my neck of the woods you can find them all over the place, I've even seen some that look Geometric.

In short, I'll wait for something much better.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wow! Finally, indisputable evidence coming from absolute trust-worthy sources! Without a doubt, this must be the proof that everybody needs! ...

Ok, after a bit of clear sarcasm about such ridiculous evidence provided, I'll weigh in what i think. Personally, I was intrigued by the title, and the quotes used by the OP... and then i saw Examiner listed as a source, and was instantly disappointed. When i clicked on the link for the article, I had to restrain myself from laughing.

The so-called "extraterrestrial monuments" are nothing more than natural formations. The original Face on Mars was much more intriguing than this, and that has been proven to be completely natural after further exploration. There are numerous other photographs of it taken from many different angles and lighting conditions proving that it is not man-made at all. So the fact that the author and supporters of this Martian theory even used this as evidence to support his wacky theory is proof that he has no idea what he is talking about. The entire article is filled with nonsense. But, once i got to this point, i just couldn't continue reading:

My speculation is that Ancient Mars was a colony of Ancient Egypt, rather than vice versa. I say this because Earth had the abundant biosphere that could have sustained ancient civilization in its attempt to reach Mars. The Great Pyramid at Giza and the Great Platform at Baalbek, which may have been an ancient launch pad, may be evidence of this effort.

That is perhaps the most absurd thing I've ever heard, and any person with an IQ higher than that of a kindergartener should agree. This guy is reaching way to far for anything he could loosely interpret as evidence to support his fantasy. The orbs with extraterrestrial faces inside them which he constantly references are simply just craters, IMO. And the Exopolitics source was even worse. This is just sad

Even if, somewhere, there was a shred of evidence that any of this is not natural, those responsible for these 2 articles just caused the entire theory of ancient monuments on Mars to lose any and all credibility. Stuff like this just shovels more layers of humiliation and laughability to the subject of ufology.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LetTheTruthBeTold

I couldn't agree more.
Like I mentioned earlier, I have made it a point not to comment much on Lunar OR Mars anomalies because I generally want to say it is all BS (at least that much that I have seen) but as someone who actually does believe that the UFO phenomenon + the religious phenomenon = one giant mystery for man that is yet unanswered I don't want to be a jerk to someone who sees something and thinks outside the box a little.

But it is stuff like this that actually does a disservice to the thing it claims to represent. This is why I HOPE this article is just a joke and will be known to have been completely sarcastic. Sadly, that is pretty doubtful and the damage is done.
Everything about it is completely unobjective.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Although the thread title was a little misleading and these images weren't as controversial or thought provoking as I at first thought. Please don't stop posting pics though, I like many, find that even though they may be "just" geological in nature and nothing more: They are still fascinating.

I feel though, that it bears saying; Who's to say that there couldn't have been an ancient civilization on Mars or that it's indeed probable? Didn't Carl Sagan, even though he essentually was a UFO debunker, state there were likely millions of planets in the universe capable of sustaining life?

I could be wrong and I really need to do some research on Sagan and furthermore the statistical probability of life on other planets. It certianly is in the realm of possibility that there was once life on Mars and actually intelligent life.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by LetTheTruthBeTold

I couldn't agree more.
Like I mentioned earlier, I have made it a point not to comment much on Lunar OR Mars anomalies because I generally want to say it is all BS (at least that much that I have seen) but as someone who actually does believe that the UFO phenomenon + the religious phenomenon = one giant mystery for man that is yet unanswered I don't want to be a jerk to someone who sees something and thinks outside the box a little.

But it is stuff like this that actually does a disservice to the thing it claims to represent. This is why I HOPE this article is just a joke and will be known to have been completely sarcastic. Sadly, that is pretty doubtful and the damage is done.
Everything about it is completely unobjective.

That guy's done it before, as per my post (above).

I should try to find a picture of a "gravy train" for use whenever these guys turn up on here!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

You're starting to sound like a broken record yourself.

Let open-minded people talk for once.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I could make out a humanoid shape of the well known cydonian face on mars, but this is beyond anything recognizable. Ancient extraterrestrial monuments, c'mon...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4711e0e5772c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7502019a476.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks more like a motorbike to me than a barking dog. Complete with Martian rider. But why would Martians create such a thing? Mars is 1/3 the size of Earth, and motorbikes are 1/3 the size of cars. Coincidence? I don't think so! Kawasaki are preparing us for alien contact! Ancient Martians were just as, if not more, advanced than us and enjoyed a good ride, perhaps too much! High population using motorbikes would create a massive amount of CO2 in the atmosphere yadda yadda yadda you get the point.

This is an example of the pointless explanations and extrapolations I see day in and day out. I love it, but I don't try and pass it off as truth!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
You're starting to sound like a broken record yourself.

Let open-minded people talk for once.

First, my comments do not prevent any one else from speaking.

Second, there is nothing open-minded in accepting these as alien structures. It is a very closed-minded and blind act.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I know it's barely OT, but I'd like to point out 'The Examiner' isn't a million miles away from ANW or Pravda. Webre, Peckman and Salla repeatedly post articles that are dubious. They're part of Exopolitics, X-Con, Disclosure Project and allied with Greer.

A recent article by Dr. Salla cited Bill 'I rip off blind ladies' Knell (he sold non-existent puppies through mail order) as a credible source in the Kronkite UFO myth. When Salla received some criticism for referring to Knell as a source, he posted a furious article accusing the critics of snobbery.

Knell's name litters consumer websites for fraud, larceny and other offenses. He's actually a proven fraudster. Rather than distance himself from Knell, Salla effectively defends the guy. Peckman couldn't be proven a fraudster because he never released the 'blinking alien' video. The Exopolitics crew don't have a lot of 'quality control.'

I'm not criticizing the OP or anyone else...just trying to say be careful about how much faith is put in Examiner articles.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Have you read up on Basagio, the guy who they're quoting in the article, as per my post?

There also appear to be some "attitude problems" there

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

Have you read up on Basagio, the guy who they're quoting in the article, as per my post?

There also appear to be some "attitude problems" there

By crikey! He's as flaky as the others.

I've posted on another forum that I genuinely suspect the whole Exopolitics/X-Con/ DisProj is a long con. It's got all the signs of being a confidence trick to get people to hand over money. I'm not exaggerating for effect. IMO, it's a snake-oil scam. The only question is whether the guys lower down than Greer and possibly Basset are involved?

The genius is that there's no prospect of 'false pretences,' 'false advertising' or recourse to reclaim money donated. As a franchise, the idea can run indefinitely. 60 years of UFOlogy is testament to how long this scam can run...big money!

The Reality Uncovered guys have been looking into Greer for a while and have a couple of good directions to follow.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

They just continue to turn this fascinating UFO topic into a dam mess.

It's a shame.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Sam60]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join