It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Health Care Logo Reminiscent of the Nazi's?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Stretching attempts? Like trying to get people to rat on people that disagree with his health care agenda? Or nationalizing businesses, talking down private citizens. Sending out his union thugs to protest AIG?

Doesn't really sound like a stretch to me, maybe this logo is a stretch, but that is why I posed it as a question, and take the side of it not being intentional.

But you would have known that if you would have read the thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Puhlease, this thread is symptomatic to the whole approach to those actions you state that he did.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Give me a break.

Now you are just making assumptions. You want to believe that is what I think, so you will refuse to believe what ever it is I say to the contrary.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Good to see not much reading of thread is being done too.

If you want I can make plenty of comparisons to other legitimate beginnings of dictatorships too you know.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

On the contrary, my response is directly related to your opening post. You're the one trying to link the Obama administration to Nazism via a logo.

I, among many others, have merely shown you the fallacy in your logic and reasoning. If you would rather have an open discussion regarding the current administration's health care policy, then it is kindly suggested you start a new thread that points in that direction.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

No actually I am not, I am commenting on a phenom I have watched since he went up for election which was made blaringly clear when people called him a muslim in one breath then bitched about his association with his christian pastor who shot off his mouth then went back to calling him a muslim. You people want so badly for him to be shades of the antichrist you can taste it and it shows. He just another crummy politician of a long line of crummy politicians *republicans and democrats*.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

My opening post:

Obama Health Care Logo Reminiscent of the Nazi's?

Well I was just having a conversation with a friend and he brought up that Rush and some other people are saying how the Obama Care Logo looks like it was modeled after a Nazi logo. I didn't believe him and decided to check up on it myself. Well to my surprise.

First is the Nazi Logo

Second is the Obama Logo

Now this is what I have a problem with, whether it is a mistake or whatever being in the position that he is in they should have payed more attention to what the history is.

Mistake, or subliminal messing? I don't know you be the judge.

The wings over the Obama Logo? The Eagle with the wings spread over the Swastika.

The OP is posed in question format, and their are similarities, you can deny it if you want, but it is the truth.

Making a link? Only if you want to assert that I am.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

No actually I am not, I am commenting on a phenom I have watched since he went up for election which was made blaringly clear when people called him a muslim in one breath then bitched about his association with his christian pastor who shot off his mouth then went back to calling him a muslim. You people want so badly for him to be shades of the antichrist you can taste it and it shows. He just another crummy politician of a long line of crummy politicians *republicans and democrats*.

Who is "you people"? Hey if you don't like what the OP is about then don't post in the thread.

What really burns my buns is people like you that are quick to assume what ever it is you already have made up in your mind about somebody.

I never said I wanted him to be the Anti-Christ, I never called him a Muslim. So your suggestions of "you people" are inherently wrong and blatantly false. You have a bone to pick, you and everybody else about lots of things going on in this country.

And again I never called him a Nazi, I could see how the OP might come off as implying that, but it is simply not the case.

Edit to add -

People were comparing Bush to a Nazi almost on a daily basis, and the constant bashing of Bush for 8 years straight.

Obama is going to get bashed too. The thing I find most surprising is that a good portion of those people bashing Bush are now some of Obama's most adamant defenders.

What goes around comes around. It also isn't my fault some logo designer working for Obama made a logo that looks similar to the Nazi eagle.

You know there are tons of things wrong with this, one of them is the fact that Obama is trying to brand his policies like if he is running a corporation.

But hey lets not get in to the fact that he is trying to nationalize the health care system and have the government run an insurance program. Or the fact he nationalized GM and Chrysler.

Don't get made at me that he is acting like a fascist. It's the truth though, denying it is only burying your head in the sand.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The wings over the Obama Logo? The Eagle with the wings spread over the Swastika.

The wings over the basketball (Atlanta Hawks)? The Eagle with the wings spread over the Swastika.

Now you don't like people with opposing opinions posting on your thread? Who's the fascist now?

[edit on 8.6.2009 by Avarus]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

No you just try to link him to Nazis and if it had stuck you'd be trumpeting it from the rooftops but since it is not you are trying to dissassociate yourself. Not to mention rant on about his supposed "crimes" which you did earlier.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

I refuted your post about there being a legitimate use for the Falcon holding a basketball, they are a basketball team and their team name is the Falcons.

What is the legitimate use of Obama combining his logo with the health care symbol and packaging it, while he is trying to create a government insurance agency?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Making a link? Only if you want to assert that I am.

Oh, please... Who are you trying to kid?!?

The bottom line is you introduced a Nazi symbol and literally had a side-to-side comparison with Obama's health care logo. That's making a link.

A couple of things regarding this line of reasoning you may want to check out:

Reductio ad Hitlerum

No one wants to be associated with Nazism because it has been so thoroughly discredited in both theory and practise, and Hitler of course was its most famous exponent. So, linking an idea with Hitler or Nazism has become a common form of argument ascribing guilt by association.

and

Godwin's Law

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1] is a humorous observation coined by Mike Godwin in 1990, and which has become an Internet adage. It states: "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Surely, if your aim to to be critical of Obama's health care policy then you could have found a stronger point to argue. As it stands, your current line of reasoning is weak, at best.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Again more assumptions. Convenient how you turned this into attacking the messenger.

Last time I checked we were on a Conspiracy board sorry for posting outlandish ideas that could be considered a conspiracy.

The crimes, like giving more money to the banks, Nationalizing the Car industry, Trying to get people to rat out there neighbors for spreading disinfo.

Crimes like that?

link   

Are you serious? It's a HEALTH CARE REFORM logo. Nothing is more synonymous with "HEALTH" as the Caduceus! How does that not make sense?!

[edit on 8.6.2009 by Avarus]

link   
To be fair, nazi symbolism and/or things that could be seen to be are everywhere. Look at the modern day windows logo, if you look at it right, you can see a swastika. Even the volkswagon logo is derived from the swastika (www.dastank.com...).

The swastika was even in use before WW2 and the US used it
rexcurry.net...

It is curious as the resemblence though. Then again, it is a crazy world.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Surely, if your aim to to be critical of Obama's health care policy then you could have found a stronger point to argue. As it stands, your current line of reasoning is weak, at best.

Assumptions, assumptions. This was a simple post about the similarities of the Nazi eagle and Obama's health care logo. It was in no way shape or form to use it as an argument against his health care plan, I can find plenty to argue about against that without bringing this OP up.

Or maybe I'm just seeing connections to other policies that dictatorships have used in the past, then this pops up.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Forget your own posts so quickly?

Stretching attempts? Like trying to get people to rat on people that disagree with his health care agenda? Or nationalizing businesses, talking down private citizens. Sending out his union thugs to protest AIG?

It's funny that you are trying so hard to project it all onto me though.

link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Or maybe I'm just seeing connections to other policies that dictatorships have used in the past, then this pops up.

Or, maybe you're trying to shed negative light upon the current administration by linking it the evil, evil Nazi regime and posting the thread in the NWO forum.

Hmmmm. Not a whole lot of wiggle room left for you, is there?

link   
I think what I find most troublesome is not that the fact that you say it resembles the German Eagle... but the lack of research done by his design staff.

The Caduceus is very often, and mistakenly, used as the symbol for medicine in the United States. This is really the 'Rod of Hermes'. A herald's staff. The TRUE traditional, Greek rod of medicine/healing is called the Rod of Asclepius (or Aesculapius). This is a single snake entwined around a staff.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8d6e87b0b02.jpg[/atsimg]

I've done my part today... DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

The health care logo with Obama's logo at the bottom of it? Why did Obama feel like he needs to put his logo on EVERYTHING that he does?

I'll state again I think it is an honest mistake, and as Kords said you can see the swastika logo in lots of things.

Hitler bastardized the swastika. It was originally used by monks as a symbol of peace.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join