It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States to Allow More Hi-Tech Exports to China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
United States to Allow More Hi-Tech Exports to China

Jul. 31 - The United States will soon allow more high-tech exports to China as part of the issues agreed upon during the recently concluded China-U.S. Strategic and Economic Dialogue this week.

“The U.S. pledged to facilitate exports of high-technology products from the U.S. to China,” Vice-Premier Wang Qishan told China Daily adding that the dialogue was a “full success.”

Well Ladies and Gentlemen here we go again....

It's one of the last cards we have to play and we are just about to give it away. The Chinese will simply take the items or technology and Back/Reverse engineer it and wammo a new Christmas gift item. You know for a fact that once this starts we will see very cheap items showing up on our shelves that could have been made here.

Just yet another example of TPTB looking out for our best interests.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They are set to pass us by in the next 5 to 10 years. Is now really the right time to give our Technological edge away?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c4701030040.gif[/atsimg]
China's Gains in Manufacturing Stir Friction Across the Pacific

By TIMOTHY AEPPEL
China is on its way to surpassing the U.S. as the world's largest manufacturer far sooner than expected. The question is, does that matter?

In terms of actual size, the answer is, no. But if size is a proxy for relative health of each nation's sector, the answer is yes.

Anyone who walks the aisles of a U.S. retailer might think China already is the world's largest manufacturer. But, in fact, the U.S. retains that distinction by a wide margin. In 2007, the latest year for which data are available, the U.S. accounted for 20% of global manufacturing; China was 12%.

The gap, though, is closing rapidly. According to IHS/Global Insight, an economic-forecasting firm in Lexington, Mass., China will produce more in terms of real value-added by 2015. Using value-added as a measure avoids the problem of double-counting by tallying the value created at each step of an extended production process.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hey slayer pay very close attention to this part in the article....

As a result of the economic dialogue, the United States and China will work towards implementing the Guidelines for China-U.S. High Technology and Strategic Trade Development and write the the Action Plan on Expansion of China-U.S. High Technology and Strategic Trade Cooperation in Priority Sectors.

We consider "priority sector's" to mostly be those of the military sweetheart. The fact that they are including so many words in the name that they commonly use to describe military what not's; I would pay very very close attention to what starts to develope out of this!
I find it even more odd that although they came for this "summit"; they are at the same time attempting to provoke stand off's in the oceans. Stand off's with ships they KNOW to be unarmed and on scientific missions. They seem to not want ANYONE to know what is out there in that area of the ocean and well they are doing what ever they have to to keep everyone out.
I am considering this as some form of payment to be frank. We owe them alot of money and they can basically call their "markers" the same as any bank can at will.
But right now I am more worried about the wording they chose to use in all of the articles and what "words" they are using to describe the name of the agreement in the first place. Definatley something to keep an eye on for sure. xoxo stacie

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Aren't we selling them the B-2 stealth tech?

Maybe that just means we have something better and need to fund it somehow

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Well]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is so sad and hilarious at the same time, I remember when China didn't show up for the fall of 2008 or 2007 US auction block because US was accusing them of stealing technology.

The irony, US companies doing business in China were the ones providing the technology.

If I am not wrong, the reason US has been giving away its industrial base was based on the reasoning that US will become the thinkers of the world, creating new technological advances just like it did when it became the first industrial nation to dominate the world.

If we give away our technology what else does US have to bargain with?

Still perhaps this is the price to pay for China to keep buying into our debt.

How pitiful.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The idea is to sell some of our older high tech weapons (GULF One) as I believe we have some form of new cloaking tech as well as methods of warfare, weapons of war etc that we once only read about in Sci Fi or in comic books.

The US military is not about to roll over to the Chinese unless we have some very high ranking treason taking place.

The B2 is a good example. The tech for the B2 is part of the deal that I have read about.

Every thing I read concerning the "new weapons" seems to point toward some nasty new Tesla kind of weapons being deployed from Earth orbit.

No doubt the high seas of today lie in outer space and those who control who and what orbits this small planet.

Back in the 1980's I attended a Star Wars seminar showing Reagan's ideas and if we have that operational then we stand in good stead.

We have kinetic as well as laser weapons operational so far as i know and if you follow the migration of SDIO to BMDO to MDO it hints at how big each area that has evolved from the SDIO has grown.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is when we know that nothing will good will of this:

Vice-Premier Wang Qishan told China Daily adding that the dialogue was a “full success.”

How often is anything a full success? Sigh....

[edit on Aug 3rd 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I know that huge amounts of Missile and rocket secrets were "Leaked" to China under Clintons watch with only a slap on the wrist for the main character who was involved. It didnt take long to orbit a man soon after.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Well

After spending BILLIONS on them they are after all 70s and 80s tech. That includes the B-2. I wonder what they can or have developed in the 90s and in this 21st century technological ability. The ones we dont know about I'm not talking about the Raptor.

Serb discusses 1999 downing of stealth

The F-117 was developed in great secrecy in the 1970s. It entered service in 1983 but was not revealed officially until 1988. It saw its first combat in the 1989 invasion of Panama and was a star of the 1991 Gulf War.

"Long before the 1999 war, I took keen interest in the stealth fighter and on how it could be detected," said Dani, who has been hailed in Serbia as a war hero. "And I concluded that there are no invisible aircraft, but only less visible."

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My sources says, they are obsolete...
would no elaborate beyond that.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I remember the Chinese scare during President Clinton's term. It did seem to be swept under the carpet although that may have been done in order to 'take care of it'.

I would hope that we are not giving all of our secrets away...and I feel fairly sure we are not unless we have a nation full of traitors.

I tend to believe that our new weaponry is our trump card. Unless...the US Government has been hijacked by a controlling interest such as the FED RESERVE then of course anything goes and we are all in for a world of hurt. lol

[edit on 3-8-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think it is exchange for the debt we owe China.

Even if the US has something better, why give your enemy better technology and resources that they currently don't possess?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is wretched news.

China used to send its best and brightest to the USA to learn from us. Now we are making "house calls." The next step will be the best and brightest US students lining up to apply to Beijing University after it surpasses MIT.

The other thing is that I think China is staffed with legions of IT experts who know very well how to hack into public and private US networks and they also have a military dept dedicated to "cyber warfare." I am sure they are studying carefully or already know how to cripple vast civilian and military IT systems, screw around with financial computing systems, etc.

Like all systems, our current one has at least one serious flaw: it encourages short-term thinking on many levels. The Chinese can afford to and indeed steep themselves in a rich tradition of long-term thinking. This is a matter to be carefully pondered, with fear.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
On the optimistic side, though it is hardly anything to be all that optimistic about but would represent the lesser of two evils these moves could be a backdoor, roundabout way of kicking off a new Arms Race. The relentless pressure during the Cold War on the Soviets to keep pace both with weapons of mass destruction and in the Space Race created a huge drain on the Soviet infrastructure and economy. This could be a way to entice China to do the same and create a non-war pretext for heavy military funding and research here in the U.S. The only thing positive about it is that last possibility of funding the voracious military industrial complex in just dollars instead of dollars and blood.

I still remain suspicious that the American Oligarchs, the Powers that Be if you will, exert tremendous influence in China because so much of their manufacturing there was seeded by these individuals and aimed at the until recently very lucrative American consumer marketplace. The fact that creditor China sent it’s delegation to debtor America instead of the other way around suggests that America does wield some power over the possibly very concerned Chinese as they struggle to find a way to continue their staggering annual growth and manufacture in numbers cognizant of depressed retail markets. China does not really seem to be calling the shots.

My chief concern is that China and it’s military would in theory make the perfect New World Order fighting force, devoid of any religious convictions and conflictions, with no allegiances to anyone but the authoritarian State and the State largely owned by American and European Oligarchs, provided with the right technology they would prove a nearly irresistible fighting force because of their sheer numbers and ideology to a crumbling West bankrupted by the War on Terror and theocratic conflicts and wars. They would make the ideal force for stepping in and mopping up remnants of Western State’s military power and establishing a one world government.

It’s too early to tell, I have though started digging a hole in my backyard night and day and figure in another 18.6 years of digging I can pop right up behind them in China and take them by surprise!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yes, hopefully this is the bait and switch.

Or we could bug the equipment - although they prob. check for that sort of thing

Although, I have close to 0 knowledge when it comes to this sort of thing

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Here's the deal...

We make a few billion on High Tech sales to China now to off set temporarily the trade deficit. They then turn around and back engineer our stuff then sell it back to us and the world and make ten to hundred times more in global sales. We are always selling ourselves short and thinking very short term.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Autowrench:
(Secret Government thinking...) Look like some are thinking we may have a war with China in the future, must arm them now, so it will last awhile...the arms manufactures will make billions, we will get our cut.

Look at your history, and this isn't hard to swallow. Does not America fully arm a future enemy way before the war starts?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The problem is just like everything else we have done since the end of WWII is that we just give it away and now they are beating us over the head with many of our own innovations economically speaking.

Meanwhile millions stand in the unemployment line waiting for their checks so they can buy even more garbage at WALMART made in China

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here is a beautiful example of things to come.
Yeah lets just pour it on...

Melbourne film festival site crashed by Chinese protesters

Hackers based in China crashed the website of Australia's biggest film festival at the weekend in protest at organisers' decision to feature a documentary about the exiled Uighur leader Rebiya Kadeer.

Filmgoers trying to buy tickets for the Melbourne film festival on Saturday were informed that the event was sold out after protestors exploited a loophole to make phony ticket purchases. A Chinese website titled A Call to Action to All Chinese People had explained how to set up a fake profile to buy tickets, with the aim of crashing the festival's site.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Actually, though china gave us the loans, they can't actually call them like a bank loan, it is not that simple. They can't call them period. So we are not obligated to do anything. Just like a parent lending a kid some money, you don't expect it back but do moan if it isn't spent wisely.

This is actually a very shrewed move, as increasing imports is the next important step in improving the economy.

What is happening is an economic future is being secured. Exporting is one of the final and critical steps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join