It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Seizes All Of Its Citizens Computers, Says They Now Belong To Federal System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Here is the link to the article, what are your oppinions? I would say i'm not surprised.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

This say's it all right here

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Edit to add a snip from this informative post by Mirthful Me.

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
On almost a weekly basis some outrageous claim is made in an ATS thread, and usually the topic is centered on the demise of civilization as we know it. Here are some recent threads that are based on Sorcha Faal's "research" and "insight."

US President Orders Military To Begin Jailing All Civilian Protestors To War

Putin Orders Russian Military Forces To Attack US Forces During Iran Invasion????

Russia, China Order Forces To Highest Alert As US Forces Mass On Iranian Border

Pravda: Imus Fired After He Threatened to Reveal 9/11 secrets

Massive ULF 'Blast' Detected In US Bridge Collapse Catastrophe

US 'Shoot on Site' Order Issued For Escaping Americans

Australia To Imprison All Muslims In Concentration Camps

American Spy Satellite Downed In Peru

‘Ship of Giants’ Said Attacked By Israel in Strike on Syria

The above is a sliver of the threads available on ATS.

There is a common element to these "reports," the "author" Sorcha Faal. Who is "Sorcha Faal" and what is "her" agenda?

Here is some insight:

Reader Asks - 'Who Is Sorcha Faal?'

Sorcha Faal

FreedomCrowsNest Forum Index :: Out In The Cosmos :: Who is Sorcha Faal

Who is ‘Sorcha Faal? A Posterboy for Mental Health

Our own inquiry:

Sorcha Faal: What's her story?

Snip~~

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
People seem to be misinterpreting this CARS.gov thing.

By agreeing to the website, yes, you do grant access to your computer. It's not, however, like they are going to suddenly take control of every computer in existence.

This is kind of like having someone knock on your door. You open it and talk to them. They want to come in for some legitimate reason (plumbing, inspection, etc), and they tell you that while on your property, they can search through whatever they want. By letting them in, you agree to letting them have access to your house. If a different plumber, however, were to come buy and fix your pipes (but didn't give the search disclaimer) and you found him rummaging through your trash, you could take legal action. Same goes for the website - you are agreeing to let them have access to your computer. It's not forced on you by anyone.

I guess it boils down to this - if you have something on your computer you don't want the gov't to know about, keep your clunker.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Not to mention:

"Russian legal experts further point out..."

This topic has been gone over time and time again on ATS. At last count there are at least 4 threads about this. It was a hoax and scare tactic that was staged by Glenn Beck. Anyone can go to the site. If you actually look at the site, you cannot duplicate the message that Glenn Beck showed on his Shock-Jock Trash show.

This is merely Much Ado About Nothing as Shakespeare would say.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ah, i just heard about it. I just wanted peoples oppinions. Thanx for the info, theres a youtube vid on it too, but i wont post the link if no one wants it.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

The headline is completely inaccurate.

This applies to dealers only, who are entering into a relationship with the gov.

littlegreenfootballs.com...

Although the language of the dealer’s agreement might seem a little over-zealous (a common problem in “terms of service” agreements), it’s a lot more understandable when you realize it’s intended to apply to dealers who are entering into a business agreement with the government to dispose of clunkers. And it appears on a secure website that allows dealers to log into the government’s financial system. The page is named: supplierpayments.esc.gov.

This whole “issue” is pure tin foil.

Originally posted by Parabol
This is a complete lie from Glenn Beck.

1. The site he references is ONLY for dealers accessing the DoT website. You can't enter that part of the site without the proper registration and login details. Only dealers get that, he didn't accidentally make his way into that page. He and his producers knew what they were doing. Non-dealer citizens are not subject to this.

2. This is a fairly common government practice. If you use a computer at a government/military facility everything you do is monitored. You need access cards to turn on or use certain machines. This is to ensure classified information is not compromised and that unauthorized access doesn't take place. This is a security measure used on every military base and I would assume every government office.

3. They don't take data from the computers. This doesn't mean they own anything on your computer. When you are not logged into the site they have no authority or control over your computer or information. What it means is that while you are connected to that server, your computer is treated like the computer in every other office, from Sgt. to General. For that time they can monitor traffic and usage to ensure that security isn't compromised while you are connected to government computers. It's more of a warning, they aren't scanning your hard drive while you access the site. They will only keep records of changes, transactions, things like that.

4. Glenn Beck and his producers knew all of this. They aren't idiots. While many people will read and headline and run with it, they do not. They research and then appear to do the same thing, but they are well aware of how public opinion is formed from shows like his. They know that even if they are caught lying that it doesn't matter, there are no repercussions and most people won't hear it about it. This is ridiculous and a spit in the face to the American people.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

top topics

join