It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghosts? or Angels?**(Finally)** a pic of me and my son and the OTHERS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
No sir I dont know the poloroid model...it was grey with pink trim and it came with a fat pink strap.....it was under 40 bucks so it was NOT the best...but other pics from this cam were excellant in quality.
The other pics taken from the same film as this posted pic were all of good quality...very clean and clear shots.
This pic was odd from the minute we were watching it come to life..........
I did a google search on poloroid glare issues and saw some examples but NOTHING looked like this pic??? plus the sun was rather behind and above us from the angle of this picture......when taking pics I put the sun behind the camera for obvious glare purposes, even if it makes the subjects look a tad squinty...

I am still up for suggestions.....just because i THINK this is a pic of Levon does NOT nessesarily make it true....even in my mind...for every ONE thing I do know about there are like 1000 things I do not

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
my first post outside the introduction area.

*threads in cautiously*

I ran the picture through photoshop and other graphical programs and i can vouch that its not an manipulated image. not in the sense of adding things after the actual picture was taken. normally you'd say mismatching colors on a pixel lvl.

I also doubt that Levon was present at that location, but it is possible. as far as i've been told ghosts rarely to never leave their spot of death. They always stay in a certain radius of it no matter what. From experience i can say that is bollox. some do travel with you to work or the local gym. but then, accoding my personal definition, they arent ghosts any more. then they've become some sort of protector. I think it depends on the ghost itself and the part you might've played in helping it deal with its issues left from his life time.

On the image there doesnt seem to be enough sun to cause sufficient glare effects. also if it was a bug or something that flew by you'd see an "after"-image of the bug in a rather darker/black-ish color and not bright...let alone white. for excample if you wave your arm fast your eyes wont pick up the motion and show your mind a pink after image.

To me it looks like a ball of energy with strings sticking out, but energy of what? also wouldn't the temperature drop if it was a ghost? did your ex-hubby feel a cold draft or something when he took the image?

for now i go with a defected polaroid

*turns around to leave but stumbles over some tables*
d'oh

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I guess thats WHY I think of Levon more as an Angel than a ghost......my ex however would beg to differ....."YIKES THE GHOST! THE GHOST!".....

The ex did NOT have good intentions toward me and our son.......this I had to learn.......BUT I think levon knew it from the start.....
About a year after the divorce......neither myself or my son could 'sense' Levon around anymore......but of course I talked to Levon alot about finding the light, and moving on. ~(while he WAS around)~....maybe he finally realised we were going to be SAFE and he moved on......BUT.......I look at this picture and remember his presance in our lives, and I smile

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
ok. so I got an Email/ u2u saying that I must have used an eraser on the poloroid to make it look GHOSTY......

I am here to say, NO I did ~NOT~ use an eraser on the picture.
If so, I would NOT have bothered to post it on this site and ask for other opinions as to WHAT may have caused this........

(maybe some other folks would, but I have NO hoaxing intentions)

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
From what i've heard about "angels" is that if you aren't a christian believer, then you cant hear, see, talk to..etc. to god or jesus ro anyone that has anything to do with christianity. So my opinion is that it's something else.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
looks fake, but im a real hard person to convince

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Just camera film that was probably left out in the sun too long...as in the picture it does seem sunny.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
it does look like the film was left out in the sun to long and then was used. My mother had that same problem like five years ago before we switched to digital. She often got exposures like that...but I'm not saying that it couldnt be real.

-gala

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well I know Rivergoddess, and I know she'd never intentionally do something to cause a fake... WAY too much integrity for that.
From my experience whether something is an angel or not could depend upon your cutlural biases. One persons Angel is another person's Ghost.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Gislebertus]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
either somethings wrong with your camera...
or i dont belive it is an angel because i think its some kind of ghost/spirit, that is formed in some weird way..... thats what i think

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
thanks folks for all the thoughtfull and insightfull ideas! and THANK YOU Gilseburtus for your kind words!

(its very true I never messed with this picture in any way)
it is an annomely (spck?)to me.

I would TOTALLY go with the BAD OLD FILM idea, except that the pictures before AND after this one were of a fine quality......I wonder IF IF maybe there was just a bad place in the numbers of pics, and just THIS one would have come out bad?? anybody heard of that?? heard of one bad poloroid piece of film in the center of other GOOD films?? if that can happen....I could be on board with that idea......

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've been intrigued by your photo RiverGoddess, it prompted me to search through my own albums as I have similar images that have bothered me for a long time.

The first image was taken years ago when my older daughters were small, if I tell you the youngest is now 19 you'll see what I mean.
The atmosphere was very happy, lots of laughter and joking. It was a cloudy day so there couldn't be reflections from the sun/shadows etc. I took several photos that day, one or two in more or less the same position but without the white streaks. I have to admit to being a bit spooked when I saw them.

The second picture was taken in front of a large monolith at Clava Cairns in Invernesshire, Scotland. I've been there on many occasions and more of my photos show the white 'mist' around the stones. The sun was shining as can be seen by the shadows cast by the trees and stone itself.
Granted there may have been some glare from the sun on the camera although I used a sun filter on the lens (Camera was a Zenith E 35mm manual).

I have other photos like this one, taken at the same site but in different places at the site and in shadow, the white images still appear. Other photos taken with the same film but at a different location did not show the white 'mist'.

Interesting?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yes.,..the second one looks like they are encircling the stone...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
guardian to me it looks like the whisps around the stone are hooded figures.its just the first impression i got.
as for your pic river godess i have no idea what that is.look roundish and ball like though.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ok, I don't think you used an eraser there is a fine line at the bottom that probably wouldn't be there if you had.
Smoke....no too dense as noted previously
Ditto fog.
Seems to be a very clear day out.

You may have a genuine article there RiverGodess.

Might I add that I am fairly skeptical when it comes to these things. My sister died a few years back in a car accident and when my Mom was at her deepest despair a music box of my sisters that had not worked for the longest time started to play.
It never worked for me after the fact so of course my skepticism held fast but my Mom insists that it happened....for what it's worth.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
WOW gaurdian..........those sure do resemble the pic I have.....

I think I can SEE hooded figures as well?

As for my pic? well.....it just stumps me to think that our 'house ghost' was going along on camping trips

(notice how I say house ghost instead of house guest?)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I keep getting u2u's saying this is a fake pic.....so THOSE folks should give theyre opinions on this thread IMO.

Dont be affraid to post it where we can all see it...dont just u2u me with insults ok??

NO.....its not dry ice vapors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join