It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghosts? or Angels?**(Finally)** a pic of me and my son and the OTHERS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Muahaha, I hope you quit after he left.......
The picture is very interesting.....
Maybe that's why the pic really freaked him out tho, because it looked like smoke, rather than a ghost

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i would like to know more about Levon the home owner if you would.?

i believe.

someone said that it was something infront of the camera. if it was, it was multiple things like four or six

i also have difficulty believing that this is only one entity.

where was the picture taken?

if it is only one, Levon must be very powerful!

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I only had personal experiance with Levon as an unseen entity.
I know he was a Mormon, and had 5 daughters, with one wife. He was a tall skinny man. He was a rock hound extrordinair! at SOME point in the late 50's he found almost a whole dinosaur skeleton......BUT he busted it up into many small fragments and then used the fossils to make a stonework skirt around the entire house. This dinosaur skirting was 2 1/2 feet high. It also had a smattering of crystals, and orange red chert. It was amazing and one of the main reasons we bought that house.
Folks in town told me Levon was VERY odd. he always had chunks of crystalls in his pockets. He used to talk about meeting Aliens and trying to be friends with them. he would wander in the surrounding desert searching for rocks, hopeing to find gold.
In remodeling the house we discovered Levons STRANGE electrical wireing jobs. The wires of the house were various, and peiced together every three feet, with a diff color wire, diff thickness ect. We also discovered he used old clothes as insulation. He was a huge fan of duct tape.
He died of enphysima (splck?)

That pic I have up was taken in the San Pete County region in Hideaway Valley, near Fairview Utah.

If there are other entitys, I wasnt personally AWARE of them, the way I was aware of Levon.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I can tell you it's not smoke, fog, a breath, It looks to dense for that. very likely not a bug or anything on the lense. I'd say either bad film, something happened while it was developing it self (I'm not totaly sure on the science behind Polaroid) or something like Levon.
But it being a polaroid doesn't mean it is immune to manipulation. It is harder and takes a little know how, but can be done.

This is amoung the oddest pictures I have seen. I have hundreds upon undreds of pictures that I've took with many I could pass of as ghost but I know other wise. None I don't have an explination for.

I must say it is neat how one arm (?) of what ever it is seems to be reaching for your arm up in the air. I'd also be interested in seeing other pictures Levon might be in...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Kano.............of ATS

I have learned YOU are the resident photo genious around here..........WHAT do you think about this picture?

Other pictures of Levon are in my storage unit in boxes of photo albums and not on line like THIS one. I so WISH I could show you folks other ones.
I MIGHT be moving in the next couple of months and at THAT time I hope to find the other Levon pics and scan them. But alas.......for now THIS is the only one I can share.........sorry

I have always WONDERED why the white area in this pic is SO STRONG at the bottom....and seams to be eminating from the camera?.....I to find it cute BUT very curious how the white wisps seam to be imatating?reaching? for my arm.........

Kano can you here me? Do mods KNOW if someone types theyre name on a thread? do I need to u2u the man? I dont know.........

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Kano can you here me? Do mods KNOW if someone types theyre name on a thread? do I need to u2u the man? I dont know.........

Yeah it best to u2u Kano cos he doesnt view every single thread, he does seem like a workaholic doesnt he?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
T Y V M Drunk....I shall now Email you a Martini!
And then u2u the illustrious Kano!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Thanks but i'd prefer a bottle of red wine

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Boo!

At work at the moment, probably a late one but will try have a looksie either when I get home tonight or some time tomorrow. I'm more of a digital guy than a boring old chemical photography guy
. But offhand it does not look like smoke. I've seen and taken plenty of images with smoke in it by accident. Smoke typically doesn't look that smooth without long exposure times.

It does look like some sort of some sort of glare issue. Or perhaps something polaroid specific. Interestingly, I took a digital image (Canon A70) of a mate at a gig a few weeks ago with a similar washout kind of look. Mine was flash related. I doubt the flash was even on for your shot though, from the sun angles it may be some sort of problem with sun hitting the lens. As I said will have a better look later on.

Get started though, start eliminating possibilites, see if you can find any information about glare problems with polaroids. Or what it would look like if the polaroid was prematurely exposed. I don't have access to a polaroid at the moment to screw around, but do you know what model the camera was that was used?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I want to say it's glare from the sun but it seems to be in the wrong spot...and usualy the glare lines don't curve like they do here....there is also a little bit on the uper right beside the bit that goes over the arm that does look like it'd be smoke, but that is the only bit. argh. I'll have to look through my books and magazines.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don't like debunking. Really, I don't, particularly when someone is enthusiastic about such photos. But I am shocked that nobody here has suggested the use of photoshop or similar photo software's abuility to air brush on a preexisting scanned photo. I mean, just look at the amount of gratuitous color and splash that was used in that picture.

And you have a kid?
your ex husband left because you smoked a cigarrette in his presence? do you really expect us to believe those things on top of this picture? Well, I take that back... you probably do have a kid, and I hope he/she is ok and doing well. Hang in there as it's tough to raise a child and be sure to let his mind expand by allowing him to experience as much as possible through observation. It is imperative that you don't allow the... more conservative aspects of Utah culture to stunt the growth of this child's mind, if you can understand what I am saying. I'm not being a jerk; im really trying to offer you valid advice, and I am sorry if you think negatively of it.

[Edited on 5/13/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
no this photo is untouched by any photoshop stuff......its a POLOROID. The only time Ive had success with photoshop (being an amuture) is this Avatar I am using. I wish I WAS better at photoshop so I could make cool Christmass cards.

I wanted and DEMANDED a divorce (I busted him with his other woman)...changed the locks on the doors, and the lame guy put up a tent in the front yard and would NOT leave. So YES, I started smoking to enrage him (as I KNEW it would) he left 3 days after me and marlboro became buddies. YEY HOORAY FREEDOM OF OPRESSION!! I dont really care whether you believe my tale or not....I know the truth. All Ive been doing on this thread is seek explanations as to WHY this pic is so......'otherwordly'.....looking for possibilitys beyond what I THINK is the answer. As well as truthfully answer the questions put to me by others on this thread. As I am answering YOU now. Thank you for pointing out the COLORS in the 'whisps'...I had NOT noticed that before.... VERY COOL!

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yeah i have seen these before

And they always seem to be present when young children are around

I think children are supost to be more "Spiritually enlightened" in a sence due to them not been physicaly effected by the world around them to the degree of society and they dont pass judgement on people or manipulate/use appearence or ability agenst people

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Crash]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I would suspect that you are looking at a static discharge. Polaroids are prone to those, especially if you pull the film out yourself.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

no this photo is untouched by any photoshop stuff......its a POLOROID. The only time Ive had success with photoshop (being an amuture) is this Avatar I am using. I wish I WAS better at photoshop so I could make cool Christmass cards.

I wanted and DEMANDED a divorce (I busted him with his other woman)...changed the locks on the doors, and the lame guy put up a tent in the front yard and would NOT leave. So YES, I started smoking to enrage him (as I KNEW it would) he left 3 days after me and marlboro became buddies. YEY HOORAY FREEDOM OF OPRESSION!! I dont really care whether you believe my tale or not....I know the truth.

Thank you for responding to my query. You seem like a nice person and I have no business posing so much of an opposition towards you as I have so far. I am very sorry if I came across like a totally oppressive butthole. Believe it or not, I am quite the nice person (but admittedly not 100% of the time... nobody's perfect, including myself). I am also sorry that your relationship with your ex-hubbie was not very pleasurable, but I have to give you credit for your idea on getting rid of him. It was quite inventive and apparently effective, eh?

I trust your statement on the absence of photoshop fun in that picture. That was the only doubt I had on my mind, because I thought that only digital cameras and cameras with a special CCD filter, were capable of capturing such etheric bodies on film/memory. Do you remember feeling anything odd when you were taking that picture? Also, it may help other people if you tell us where you took the picture (it looks like the Grand Canyon, I think) in case you haven't already said so. A lot of supernatural activity seems to happen in the Four Corners area, particularly around New Mexico and Arizona and their Superstitious Mountains (real place with a name that was earned by its reputation).

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
u need a new camera....

but seriously. it just looks like there was some faulty equipment or something. i see these in my pics sometimes too. nothing special.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That camera DID go bad about 2 years later and wasnt replaced....I now just get the disposables (convieniance) I have had BAD poloroid film, and it has greyed, and looks to be seperating from the main paper backing, warped in a way. This pic however looks fine, and these whispy things SEAM to be part of the picture. The origonal poloroid looks exactly like you can see from this scan. Like Ive said all the other pics from this sequence are fine, perfect no flaws.

Pic is NOT from the Grand Canyon...but a big YES to the 4 corners area of Utah~~ BORDERLINE though, as Fairview is quite a ways from the actuall 4 corners....like a 5 hour drive.This pic IS very near an ancient Anasasi living/hunting camp...many arrowheads to be found, chips, points, pottery shards ect.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is a result of incomplete coverage - when developer does not spread evenly over the entire photo. It is usually caused by a manufacturing defect, but may also occur when using old film (film usually has a shelf life of 15 months) or film that has been stored incorrectly.

You usually get brown undeveloped areas from the problems above. The white can be attributed to there not being any developer substance in those areas. It can also be attributed to those certain areas being over-exposed. I have seen these anomalies in many polaroid pictures, and it is almost always the reasons above.

Of course, it doesn't just affect polaroid film. It also affects standard 35mm and other types of film as well.

Here is some more info from Polaroid themselves:
Polaroid

Here is a link to some awesome things you can do with Polaroid film before it dries:
www.disinfotainmenttoday.com...

[Edited on 5-13-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
it doesn't look anything like the grand canyon. it doesn't look like it has been tampered with or manipulated as far as i can tell yet i am no expert.

Levon was a very interesing man in his life as Levon, and there is no reason why he would not continue to be afterwards.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
NOT the Grand Canyon no........HIDEAWAY VALLEY UTAH is the place

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join