It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Signs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Since moving to Las Vegas over a year go now there has been something odd I have noticed.

Billboards with the word 'GOD' on them. Or something to do with God. Different names of God. Jewish names, Islamic names, and different Christian names. Its odd though, because considering what billboards are used for (advertisement) you would think there would be at least a church associated with the sign. Something with motivations to encourage people to come to their particular church to learn about God, or something of the sort.

But no, no phone number, no address or affiliation at all. Just multiple billboards all around Vegas with the single word or small phrases representing an omnipotent being.

Whoever is paying for such advertisements, I would think the money could be better spent on feeding the poor and or helping others with basic necessities.

I am wondering if this is something location centric to Vegas specifically or if they have appeared other places as well.

Its very odd and I dont understand the motivations.

If anyone could shed some light that would be great. Also if you have noticed them in your area please speak up.

thanks.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Actually, I love this idea. Would you rather see yet another Bacardi Rum billboard? Does Bicardi Rum use their profits to feed the poor?

The idea of the billboards is working. While you might not appreciate seeing them, they at least have you thinking.

While I don't see any billboards that just say God on them where I live in the deep south, it is not unusual to drive into a city limits seeing a sign that says Jesus is Lord of whatever town it is, or Lord of All.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I expected some to applaud the idea. Thats ok.

My only contention is that I feel these funds which are not being utilized to drive business (as per your bacardi example...their ads help give people incomes that allow them to feed there family....
) could be better spent on feeding the poor and other basic necessities that are lacking in many families lives...especially in these hard economic times...

Instead they try to invoke thought? By spending ridiculous amounts of money to place an ad with the word God on it??? Makes you wonder where peoples reasoning has gone??

its a sad world these days...

[edit on 1-8-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have a question though, what are the words/phrases pointing to ?

any biblical 'get ready' or things like that ?

i'm thinking those R.C.'s are at it again !!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

No, thats the weird thing. There doesnt seem to be any motivation or advertisement/ shock value or any other sort of value to them.

They just simply say the word God. Or a biblical, kuranical name for God.

Sometimes they say different phrases like: "God of All" or something along those lines...

I find it odd, and would love to know the motivations are for such signs..

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

sorry for being dumb here, but what are the "R.C.s"??

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Here !

The Georgia Guidestones
no one knows who R. C. Christian really was, or the names of those he represented. Several things are apparent. The messages engraved on the Georgia Guidestones deal with four major fields: (1) Governance and the establishment of a world government, (2) Population and reproduction control, (3) The environment and man's relationship to nature, and (4) Spirituality.

THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

What is the true significance of the American Stonehenge, and why is its covert message important? Because it confirms the fact that there was a covert group intent on

(1) Dramatically reducing the population of the world.
(2) Promoting environmentalism.
(3) Establishing a world government.
(4) Promoting a new spirituality.

Okey, whats this ??

No one knows who R. C. Christian really was ?
R.C = Rosi Crucian Order

yes, just check out their nice Winged Disc type of Egyptian icon.
AMORC site

Many claims are made by various esoteric organisations as to the ancient sources of the wisdom they teach. Some are biblical and some are older, dating back to ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia and India. What is certain is that a body or corpus of esoteric knowledge existed on the earth in a very refined form at that time. Historians and mystics agree that this foundation of what became Hermetic Wisdom, was vibrantly alive 3,500 years ago. One of the chief architects of this knowledge was the Egyptian Pharaoh, Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV). Although his reign was short lived, and his new “religion” outwardly erased by his enemies after his mysterious death, he promoted the first monotheistic view of creation, uniting everything behind his single image of the Aten, the Sun as the physical image of loving, creative force.

Soo, what you think ??

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
"Does Bicardi Rum use their profits to feed the poor?"

Yes. Bacardi U.S.A. Inc. Donated over 3 million dollars to various charities and homeless shelters in South Florida where it is headquartered and helped raised millions more doing special charity events most recently with the Boston Celtics. It took 30 seconds of research to find this out. HINT HINT.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Well done kenton. Star. I was going to add more than likely big business such as bacardi usually has some charity it donates to.

Of course that doesnt mean it is always done with good intentions. Money laundering through charitable organizations is a common source of corruption, but nonetheless some does go to doing good work...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Ahah! Georgia guidestones...I wasnt aware of the entire message. Very interesting and revealing. I would definitely like to learn more about some tof this esoteric stuff.

Thanks for sharing. Great post! Star.

But I dont think they have anything to do with the signs...but then again...

I would like to know who is behind them and their motivations...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The billboards did exactly what they were supposed to - they made you think (as witnessed by your posting here)

Your words about how they spend the money reminded me of those of Judas when complaining that money spent to soothe Jesus could have been spent on the poor also.

Saying it is a sad world because people are not spending their money the way that you tell them too is laughable.

And even if Bacardi is giving 1% of their profits to charities - what % do you suppose the churches are giving or doing for the poor and those in need ?

They are harming nobody and helping many - good for them.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by JustTheFacts]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We have tons of pro-life signs around here. Saying things like "Your mother chose life" or talking about murder.

It's all well and good for the people who feel that way. But I hate them. If I had the guts, I would graffiti over them.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

Saying it is a sad world because people are not spending their money the way that you tell them too is laughable.

Oh boy, here comes team "defend religion at all costs"

When did I say it is a sad world because thy are not spending money the way "I tell them"? Your so over defensive that you are coming off very rude.

All I said is I think the money could be going to better causes.

Do you have a problem with that?

Dont worry about answering it is a rhetorical question. I could care less if you have a problem...

And since you are so aware of there impacts on people. Assuming you have done studies on how and whom they have helped...

Then it will be easy for you to answer a question as simple as this: how are they helping exactly?

By all means enlighten us...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

Ahah! Georgia guidestones...I wasnt aware of the entire message. Very interesting and revealing. I would definitely like to learn more about some tof this esoteric stuff.

Thanks for sharing. Great post! Star.

But I dont think they have anything to do with the signs...but then again...

I would like to know who is behind them and their motivations...

I didnt say they were, I just wondered if the OP had any 'suspicions' to wards that .
As you see, the R.C: are the ancient Egyptian Alchemists, hmmm think more , what else ties into Egypt ?
Enock, Satan, lucifer, adam eve , anunnaki, alchemy, davinci , Rc, swine flu , Nwo etc... Huge topic ...Huge !!Lord of the rings even ...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I see your point. At least they have some sort of motivation though. All be it a political/ ideological one...Another sad case of wasted funds...

The God ones dont display any sort of ideologies other than to maybe give praise to the Abrahamic version of God?? I really have no idea...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234

Yes. Bacardi U.S.A. Inc. Donated over 3 million dollars to various charities and homeless shelters in South Florida where it is headquartered and helped raised millions more doing special charity events most recently with the Boston Celtics. It took 30 seconds of research to find this out. HINT HINT.

I don't care to research it. The point is, people who do have money are entitled to spend their money in whatever way they see fit.

Nobody has to donate money to anything if they chose not to.

While the idea exists that people should be helping out others, people just don't have to.

My whole point is, nobody should be telling anybody else what to do with their money.

Do you like people telling you what to do with your money?

If some rich person is happy putting up a sign that just says God on it, that is their right.

Also, it's fantastic that Bacardi decided to help out a community.

Let's not forget, they don't do it for free, either. The do it for tax write off purposes, not to just be charitable.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

When has anyone told anyone what to do with their money? You are trolling and off topic. Feel free or troll elsewhere...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My only contention is that I feel these funds which are not being utilized to drive business (as per your bacardi example...their ads help give people incomes that allow them to feed there family.... ) could be better spent on feeding the poor and other basic necessities that are lacking in many families lives...especially in these hard economic times...

These ads could be helping people care for their families. Let's say that it is a church, a synagogue, or whatever putting up these billboards. Someone would drive by and it encourages them to attend a service. If they choose to continue going to the service, the visitor could put money in the offering, or how ever that particular place does it. This would enable the religious leader to care for his/her wife/husband and kids. [They don't make a how lot, usually.] Going down the road even further, these billboards could cause someone do things for the needy. A person could see the billboard and decide that they need to donate more money to charity. Or, going back to the original example, the person could, through more religious/spiritual means, go out themselves and help the needy by going to another country and providing a service. They could also donate something to the place or worship to help that congregation help the needy.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by octotom]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

When has anyone told anyone what to do with their money? You are trolling and off topic. Feel free or troll elsewhere...

How is my opinion trolling when you say in your opening post that the money could be spent in helping homeless people, or feeding the poor?

To me that is a blatant call on telling people how to spend their money.

Feel free to donate all you want to, but don't expect the rest of the world to fall in line behind your opinion.

I donate all the time if it matters to you. I do it because I want to, not to please the likes of you.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Oh boy, here comes team "defend religion at all costs"

another laughable statement

And since you are so aware of there impacts on people. Assuming you have done studies on how and whom they have helped...Then it will be easy for you to answer a question as simple as this:
how are they helping exactly?
By all means enlighten us...

Wow, based on this I can't even imagine what you think a church does. I personally know of several that have benefited from church programs, donations, connections made (referrals), etc. There is no way I would attempt to list the volumes of beneficiaries of these programs and more but I have hardly scratched the surface.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join