It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly cell phone image creates buzz

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

Great point couldn't have put it better myself, and annomally of epic proportions for sure.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
"An ancestor of mine maintained, that if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

I know everyone is interested in the photo, but I'd be more interested in knowing more about the family to understand it's validity. Checking the link to where the story came from, it was a listener at a radio station who turned it in.

www.literock105fm.com...

I downloaded the radio show and the girl who took the picture was on, Lisa.

podcasting.fia.net...

OK now I am listening to the 18 year girl Lisa as I type this, and the girl admits to having paranormal (ghost) activity before this in a house they used to live in. Already I'm starting to think this is stale. To be honest I'd like to see a lie detector test done.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
After listening to the interview and seeing the woman appearing to be wearing the same dress as in the old photograph, Im starting to think that it is genuine, although I don't think I can be completely convinced. If it's a fake then it's a well thought out fake.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The family provided pictures of the great grandma who was supposed to be the ghost, but in my opinion the ghost doesn't look like her.

I believe it's a spirit or a ghost but I don't know if it's the great grandma.

Pretty creepy picture.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
i buy it. i also buy the 'three men and a baby ghost' official line 'its a mini promo cut out of ted danson'... RIIGGHTTT.

here's an idea: We ALL spend a week trying to capture 'something' on out mobile/cell phones. upload for site feedback.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
i dont believe it..... look at the light reflection in the pupils, they're exactly the same. The old lady was in the room at the time of the pic. I believe they may be related.

Im sure a ghost wouldnt cast such a reflection with an exact replication of whats there in the room.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
someone smart on here [no really] should hunt down the picture of a man sitting in an electric chair. the chap who makes them takes pics of the chairs to show potential employers. one such pic had a ghostly man sitting in the chair. chillsville...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well we could just mirror the side of her face to make a full composite then place a missing person's report out and see how fast the old lady is found if she does indeed exist.

Having seen and talked to what appeared to be a full bodied apparition, this looks nothing like what I had seen.

I'm thinking it's a joke gone way too far kind of like the 70's big foot film where the guy put his wife in the suit and filmed her only to admit to it on his death bed a few years back.

Not saying it wasn't a ghost but am saying it resembles no type of ghost I had ever seen. Not that I've seen many but have seen enough of what is classified as a ghost.

I would be more accepting of some type of time slip before I would a ghost in this case. As most supposed time slips would result in an image identical to that if that was indeed a dead grandmother. Or a visual recorded image in nature that is projected perfectly because the conditions are just perfect as some would call the residual haunting however this would have to be a residual appearance as opposed to haunting.

But in the end it's a joke gone too far so can't take it back so to speak. IMO

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Does anyone think the clump of hair on the little girls heads covering the side of the "apparition" seems out of place?

I mean I have a daughter, and she had her hair that length, around that age (btw, around that age, she resembled all of our familily, both sides, aunts uncles cousins ect.) So the freakish resemblance aspect, does zero for me.

Anyhow, I've seen my daughter with "bedhair", "bedhead", whatever, but this is a bit much. Look at the other side, perfectly round, till you het to the upper left of the picture, theres this huge clump of what looks to me "artificially, or PS inserted hair".

Also, the Grandmother...., in the old photo, she had Curly hair, no bangs at all, and wore glasses. In the supposed ghost image you can see a piece of the "apparitions" bangs, theyre straight, and way too blond for a woman, or ghost of that age. and no glasses, perhaps, being dead helps your eyesite? But if no need for glasses, why the need for clothing?

Also in the picture of the grandmother when she was alive, look how old she is. Look how long her nose is. Definitely not the same woman in the "ghost" photo. Possibly her younger sister still living.

Also the fact that she's looking at the camera and not the child clinches it for me.

It's a picture of a reletaive, behind the child, thats all.

The nonsense with the childs hair....I dunno maybe just to cover the relatives face more to make it seem more "ghostly?

BTW, I'm on the fence whether I beilive in spirits, but they would not appear as actual people, they'd be blurry, or a shodow, or light. I've seen my share of shadows, and things out of the corner of my eye ect. But could just be triedness, or flashbacks :p or what have you.

As far as the "space man" picture. That has been debunked I believe. It was shown to be a dark skinned man wearing a "golfing type cap" (dunno the name for it), with his back toward the camera. Not a spaceman facing the camera. Look at the right arm, and the muscles , and the wat it's bent, it's obviously someone it a tight white #, standing with their back to the picture. Also another case of attention seeling by the photographer, by saying, "I swear there was no one around when I took the photo."

Well he could be lying, or you'd be suprised how people can come and go without you noticing, especially when your taking photos of your beautiful pride and joy, you tend to focus on the subject, and get tunnel vision, as they say.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't think this image was manipulated but I do think the source is lying that there was nobody there, it's either another person or the girl was standing in front of a mirror and the old lady is infact the person who took the photograph and submitted the "ghostly" photo.

We don't really have any way to verify who was present at the time.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's:
A. The babysitter's boyfriend. She had her boyfriend over there and forgot that she snapped a photo of him. Now she had to make up the story in case someone from the family saw this photo.
B. One of the kids imaginary friends. They forgot to turn on their anti-photo shield or they are trying to reveal themselves.
C. A ghost. Same explanation as B
D. Photoshopped as some of the members suggested.

I'll go with B or C because they are the most reasonable and logical explanations.
Ghosts are real. There are thousands of eyewitnesses. Some just people are gifted and can see them. I've also heard that people who don't have this "gift" can see them too with the help of hallucinogen drugs..

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bery300
If you were to place the child on the lap of the woman, then have the woman hold the cell phone out in front of her at arm's length or less, to take a picture of them both... (we know what exceptional quality cell phone pictures are). I can see the woman in the back, slightly leaning to the right, as if she were holding something in front of her, but having to bend her arm slightly out of the way, as the little girl is on her lap(possibly) as well as trying to look into the camera herself.

On second look, it doesn't quite look like the child is IN her lap... maybe in a high-chair or on a stool or some sort. But still looks to me to be self-shot.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by bery300]

My thoughts exactly. In fact I also get the impression there is a mirror involved.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if it was not fully manipulated but just a bit. I got about 1/2 through the posts so haven't read them all yet so maybe someone picked this out later in thread.

The left eye of the little girl is exposed to light and is dilated however the eye not exposed to lite is not dilated. Ah physically there is something really really wrong with this little girl (brain injury or some type of brain disease) because here pupils are doing exactly the opposite of what they should be doing.

Now maybe she is a "special" child as her left eye brow is not even close to identical to the right one. They shouldn't be identical but they are so far off width and height wise it is very noticeable but then again if she has some type of brain trauma then it could explain it.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I wont use logical thinking to verify nor negate it, thats illogical.

Very well said! My thoughts and feelings exactly!

(EDITED to shorten quote)

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Little One]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Wouldn't the point of an actually apparition taking form to be that it interacts with it's surroundings. So hypothetically it would mimic the light exactly how everyone else was.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't know what to think about the picture. Looks almost "normal" if you ask me. But I suppose there is no set standards for how ghost pictures should look.

I can only go by my experiences and my families experiences, and things like this has happened to many of us as well, although a little different looking.

Interesting find, star and flag.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
To me it looks like the definition of a hoaxer trying to get kicks from fooling the gullible. It appears to be a image of Grandma visiting her grand daughter while mom takes pictures of the family for picture day.
Nothing paranormal about it... The Person who took the picture is flatout lying about her and her daughter being the only 2 in the room and what is most amazing about the whole thing is that most of the viewers of the image read the story and buy into it hook line and sinker even without any evidence of ghosts , paranormal or even anything out of the unusual. I can't believe so many people who seem tobe relatively smart would buy into this being a supernatural being with the only evidence being a unknown person claiming it is a ghost who magically appeared in the picture after the image was later reviewed. One thing is almost always certain in the paranormal side of life , that being most of the things people try to pawn off as special supernatural things / events / experiences are frauduent. (Not all , but most)

And sorry to burst most of your bubbles, but this is one of them.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It looks like a regular photo. A kid with someone standing behind her. Perhaps it's a promotional bit from the station. They do that sort of thing all the time.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There is what looks like hair but I think not to the girls left our right it looks like maybe glass or something to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan

Dunno what to think about it...

What the heck??

Thats my gran!!

jk.

Looks like an everyday photo to me, possibly taken by the kid or the "ghost" even.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join