It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly cell phone image creates buzz

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well the web site I have been looking at changed from the picture to a video of fox news talking about this. Let's just say this is now picking up alot more steam. I'll repost the link:

ghost link

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is very popular in Japan and i personally believe it is a hoax.

fukamachi.org...

*edit* can a MOD maybe fix my video i embedded? It would help

[edit on 31-7-2009 by JohnWdoe]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b705b4faa0c2.jpg[/atsimg]

It appears to me the hair in the areas indicated by the arrows is being pushed forward. I think she is in front of a mirror with the back of her head touching the mirror. The reason for that would be to hide any reflection of her head which would be visible were she not against the mirror. In fact if you look at the hair above the bottom arrow, I beleive the reflection is visible and the upper heavier strand is a reflection.

My initial impression is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, we have no proof that they were alone in the house, so that could very well be a photo with another woman in it... also, out of all other "ghost" pictures, none are as clear as this one. It looks too staged.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, we have no proof that they were alone in the house, so that could very well be a photo with another woman in it... also, out of all other "ghost" pictures, none are as clear as this one. It looks too staged.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
The person in the background looks like an older version of the little girl, weird. Maybe the quantum interaction utilized by the cellphone transcends Newtonian laws of time and space affecting the image captured by its camera so that a future image is projected behind the current subject

Whoa, talk about time and space continuum.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44170460ed90.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: www.wpri.com... (Comments section.)

Or perhaps a cut and paste continuum? Just sayin'.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

The person in the background looks like an older version of the little girl, weird. Maybe the quantum interaction utilized by the cellphone transcends Newtonian laws of time and space affecting the image captured by its camera so that a future image is projected behind the current subject

When I read this I can hear Marty McFly say "woah this is heavy." Ghosts are one thing but quantum interaction utilized by cell phone is just being ridiculous now.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kadzait

Kadzait,

I'm not sure you're asking the right person. I don't have any firm idea as to what that image is truly representing.

What I do know is that whilst I am happy to decalre I simply don't know, some on this board are less inclined to be so candid about their limits.

The bottom line is we don't know. But I feel it is possibly one of the following:

* misrepresented photo - ie the submitter was aware that there was a living, physical old lady in the pic from the very beginning.

* it's a hoax

* it's a legitimate image of an unexplained phenomena.

Until we actually do have qualified experts provide more insight into the pic and bona fides of the person claiming to have taken the photo, we're not really going to get much further with this one.

Cheers,

Matt

[edit on 31-7-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b705b4faa0c2.jpg[/atsimg]

It appears to me the hair in the areas indicated by the arrows is being pushed forward. I think she is in front of a mirror with the back of her head touching the mirror. The reason for that would be to hide any reflection of her head which would be visible were she not against the mirror. In fact if you look at the hair above the bottom arrow, I beleive the reflection is visible and the upper heavier strand is a reflection.

My initial impression is a hoax.

I'm going to say that you are right (as I mentioned on the top of Page 2 of this thread that after examination that was the only way I could explain certain aspects of the photo without Photoshop being involved). Occam's Razor tells us the simplest explanation is the most likely. The simplest explanation is that the woman in the background is actually in front of the child and the child is backed up against a mirror. Everything that you see in the background, furniture, etc. is actually behind the person taking the photograph which explains the distortion without any visible bokeh which would have occurred with the subject that close.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I agree with the observation regarding the hair, but not so convinced about the conclusion.

If you're maintaining that there is a real person in the picture, besides the little girl, then how do you explain the lower left part of the background, where it appears the old lady's dress has faded away?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Whoa, talk about time and space continuum.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44170460ed90.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: www.wpri.com... (Comments section.)

Or perhaps a cut and paste continuum? Just sayin'.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

Good spot. I wonder who copied who?

Hmmm. I seem to remeber something in the T&C about plagiarising comments.. Just saying ;-)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If it is real, its the clearest ghost pic i've every seen.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
If you're maintaining that there is a real person in the picture, besides the little girl, then how do you explain the lower left part of the background, where it appears the old lady's dress has faded away?

That is the only part of the image that is remotely related to a "ghost". It is a process in Digital photography called "ghosting". You see this more commonly in the cheap, low quality CMOS digital cameras found in cellphones than you do in higher quality digital cameras that use CCD sensors. The CMOS sensor tends to blur objects that are in motion or ghost part of the image that is not perfectly still. As the part in question is the lower left part of the background where the old lady's dress has faded away, this is at the same place where the bottom part of the girl's hair is which is the most likely part of her hair to be in motion if there were any kind of movement of her head or if a fan had been blowing her hair when the slow CMOS sensor captured the image.

Of course, I'm not excluding the possibility that it is a ghost...but it seems that there are enough ways to explain it through mundane means and not enough substantive proof that the woman in the picture did indeed die prior to the photograph.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Kadzait

Kadzait,

I'm not sure you're asking the right person. I don't have any firm idea as to what that image is truly representing.

What I do know is that whilst I am happy to decalre I simply don't know, some on this board are less inclined to be so candid about their limits.

The bottom line is we don't know. But I feel it is possibly one of the following:

* misrepresented photo - ie the submitter was aware that there was a living, physical old lady in the pic from the very beginning.

* it's a hoax

* it's a legitimate image of an unexplained phenomena.

Until we actually do have qualified experts provide more insight into the pic and bona fides of the person claiming to have taken the photo, we're not really going to get much further with this one.

Cheers,

Matt

[edit on 31-7-2009 by mckyle]

I was just asking you if you can show any picture that seems similar to the original one in the OP where the ghost has so mucTHAT detailed. I asked you because in your reply you gave an impression as if you've seen something like that before in a ghost photo.

This is the closest photo I could find similar to the one in the OP when it comes to looking human. If it were a ghost.

news.sky.com... 9979

Also that is true, we will never know if the everyday things in this world could influence the look of a spirit in that way. Could be one of those phenomenons where it was a great shot of a ghost in a picture. I think those 3 possibilities you mentioned seem most likely possible. Best explanations.

Well said.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Kadzait]

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Kadzait]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
I do believe in ghostly apparitions, even though I am a skeptic at heart...but I wanted to say that prior to what I am about to say next...

Just how do you suppose light actually reflect off the retina of a ghost? I didn't know that you had to use red-eye remover on photographs of ghosts just like you use on photographs of humans!

How exactly does sunlight reflect off the skin of ghost and create a shadow off the cheek, nose and eyebrow of the ghost?

Intentional Hoax or an accidental Composite Image is the only question here in my book.
what makes you assume there is no light where such things are?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I want to call bull on this one. It's my natural reaction to what seems to be a hoax. But who knows? Right?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If you wanted to create a hoax photo, showing a ghost, and you were THAT good at Photoshop....wouldn't you try and make it seem "ghostly"?

I would. Which leads me to the opinion that this is real. And i have to echo the sentiment....'don't pretend you know what a ghost should look like.'

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

i have to agree geek, i'm thinking more and more that it is not photo-shopped.

There have been ghost photos in the past that show full body apparitions that are very opaque.

first one is interesting but this next one should seem familiar.

Old woman with a mysterious man behind her

what her late husband looked like.

The picture with the granny and the supposed deceased husband behind her always struck me as genuine. I was suspicious of this new picture with the granny behind the little girl because the two seemed so similar. Almost like a copy cat. Then again . . . maybe these ghosts are TRYING to get caught on film and they figure the best way is to stand right behind the face of the person the picture is intended for. Yikes, creepy.

Another photo of a ghost apparently trying to sneak his way into the picture.

One of my all time favorite ghost pics. His expression is harrowing.

Source
Mind you, some of these pictures in my source are obvious tricks of the eye.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kadzait

Hi Kadzait

It's interesting that you posted the Tantallon Castle photo. That is considered even by skeptics to be a photo that has stood the scrutiny of three individual digital manipulation experts. The consclusion by all three was that it was not photoshopped!

That being the case, then if you examine the photo very closely, you are faced with the inevitable question: how then did the face partially merge with and pass through the iron bars?

Personally, I think this photo is one of the most compelling photos to emerge in paranormal studies.

This is a link to the original source article and it provides a very interesting read
Tantallon Castle Photos & Commentary

[edit on 1-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

.....Of course, I'm not excluding the possibility that it is a ghost...but it seems that there are enough ways to explain it through mundane means and not enough substantive proof that the woman in the picture did indeed die prior to the photograph.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by fraterormus]

I totally agree. In all likelihood there's a more prosaic explanation than it being a ghost.

But......it would be nice if it was......

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join