It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly cell phone image creates buzz

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
reply to post by Kadzait

That being the case, then if you examine the photo very closely, you are faced with the inevitable question: how then did the face partially merge with and pass through the iron bars?

[edit on 1-8-2009 by mckyle]
I think it can pass through the bars because they aren't "here". They aren't susceptible to the "laws" in this dimension because they are bleeding through to ours. If dimensions are crossed, it doesn't mean they aren't in BOTH. Perhaps they aren't in exactly the same spot as we are seeing them.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Hi Seagrass

That's really my point. Assuming the experts are right about the photo being untouched, then I don't know how a physical being could manage to meld with the bars and partially pass through them.

Intuitively, I think with regards to the Tantallon Castle photo, that we are dealing with a genuine phenomena.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Despite my earlier claim of Photoshop manipulation, I have changed my opinion.

I now firmly agree with what others have deduced:

Girl has back to mirror. 'Apparition' is photographer.

If you view the raw photo, you can clearly see BACK of Girl's head/hair reflected in mirror.

Crude outline for reference: (The hair outside the red line is reflected. / Sorry for crudeness, no mouse on my laptop.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ea1a37eb40f.jpg[/atsimg]

Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees as they say. (i.e. Simple explanation. Image surrounded by misleading hype / subterfuge.)

[edit on 1-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think people are underestimating the "bad hair day".
There is no way to determine if hair is reflected in the mirror as each hair looks the same. Hair can bend in your sleep and appear to defy gravity.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Hi Seagrass

That's really my point. Assuming the experts are right about the photo being untouched, then I don't know how a physical being could manage to meld with the bars and partially pass through them.

Intuitively, I think with regards to the Tantallon Castle photo, that we are dealing with a genuine phenomena.
Hi there. we could be looking at a person who was there in the past when the safety bars were not there. Back in time, since there is no time dimensionally speaking.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Good work Kinda Kurious

After having a look at the photo again - ie the one you just posted - I have to agree. That does explain the hair on the little girl's right side, appearing a little out of place.

But, I would still feel more comfortable about declaring a phurphy if it could be shown how to conceal the flash - assuming one was used. Otherwise, I still question how they could manage consistency with the light source.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I would like to see a picture of the child's great grandmother.
The light angle is very much the same. That could be a point in the ghosts favor, but I'm not exactly sure why.
In a mirror, wouldn't it be opposite?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I've got to say that now I think the little girl's strangely-skewed hair is because she is pressed against a mirror

As for the Tanatallon Castle photo, I think that is much more solid and inexplicable in a conventional context.

Interesting! your take on the castle image. I've often wondered whether we are looking at a form of recording - somehow stuck in time - much like a scratch on an old vinyl record. There are examples of this with radio transmissions, that are delayed by months or years (they just bounce around in the ionosphere).

So many mysteries.....

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
The light angle is very much the same. That could be a point in the ghosts favor, but I'm not exactly sure why.

Haha! I am having trouble visualizing it myself. The fact that we can't see anything in the alleged reflection of a camera or flash remnant, still nags at me.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The hair pattern could be from being pressed against a bed. I have been amazed at the number of strange bed hair I have had. Bangs straight up even like Something About Mary. How about being pressed against a photograph? 11x14 maybe? lol

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I would like to see a picture of the child's great grandmother....

If the bona fides of the photographer and the death of the grandmother could be established, then that would help put this photo back on a more creditable foot.

However, for the moment, I don't think we can go much further with it. As it stands, it's not looking too rosey for the validity of the pic, but there are still too many missing pieces to be resolute one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The creepiest thing is that she looks as if she is smiling for the camera simultaniously and at the photographer. She looking "lovingly" imo. Proud even.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The creepiest thing is that she looks as if she is smiling for the camera simultaniously and at the photographer. She looking "lovingly" imo. Proud even.

Yeah. That's what comes to my mind. If it is legitimate, then what a beautiful thing that would be
To know that someone you love and miss very much, is still with you.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yeah. That's what comes to my mind. If it is legitimate, then what a beautiful thing that would be
To know that someone you love and miss very much, is still with you.

I dunno, that is kind of creepy to me. I like my privacy. lol

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok just for a what if....

The mom takes a picture of her daughter after a nap (bed hair)
She gets down on the floor, kneeling to be right at her level. That's how it looks to me..

what is the "grandmother doing since she is higher up? Not standing because then we would be looking at her legs. Is she sitting? kneeling too? Strange angle.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Haha! I am having trouble visualizing it myself. The fact that we can't see anything in the alleged reflection of a camera or flash remnant, still nags at me.

I'm hoping it's:
A: because the mother either knows that you should never use the build in flash in cameras, because they are basicly crap and ruin photos.

B: because she just didn't enable it.

C: because the camera measured the light and found no need for a flash in this shot.

I don't know why you expect there to be a reflection of a camera. She would obviously hold the camera away from face, slightly off to one side, look in the mirror herself and click.
The flash thing... well... read above. The lights consistency is from window to the girls right side, our left. This also attributes to the highlight in the girls eyes. The center highlight... well, depending on the shape of the room she's in, I would expect that to be from another set of windows in front of her, an open door to a brightly lit room, a tv, a fishtank, a mirror hanging on a wall, a man holding up a huge white plate or something while going "look what I found honey!".

Another thing I notice, is the girls eyes. Her right eye seems to look at the camera, but her left makes me think that she's looking slightly off center to her right. Something caught her attention slightly to our left, and I bet that is the person holding the camera... which is, the person in the mirror.

Short... there's nothing to nag here, if you know what to look for or know what could cause the different details in the photo.

[edit on 1/8/09 by flice]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Can I just add something as a Photoshop user for many years and graphic designer. People go on about the masking of the girls hair over the womans' face on the left hand side of the picture, claiming that it could be real because if it was fake, the masking of the hair is spot on.

What's stopping people placing an image behind the girl, cloning the colour of the little girls hair and drawing the thin strands of hair using a graphics tablet over the picture of the older woman behind, alternating the clone colour and opacity to give it a feathered effect? This is extremely plausible and it's something I do often in photo manipulations and design work if the hair isn't suited for a particular style etc.

You see the photo and take it on face value it seems, well many here. Things aren't always what they seem folks.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Arawn]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b705b4faa0c2.jpg[/atsimg]

It appears to me the hair in the areas indicated by the arrows is being pushed forward. I think she is in front of a mirror with the back of her head touching the mirror. The reason for that would be to hide any reflection of her head which would be visible were she not against the mirror. In fact if you look at the hair above the bottom arrow, I beleive the reflection is visible and the upper heavier strand is a reflection.

My initial impression is a hoax.
look in their eyes. You can almost see a photographer in the old woman.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7777cc400439.jpg[/atsimg]
well here is a blow up of granny.
from the link
you be the judge?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
her eyes look brown in real life. But????

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join