Ghostly cell phone image creates buzz

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Now I remember you- you're the guy with the reptilian girlfriend!

Since you like taking cell phone pics so much, why don't you put your theory to the test and see if you can duplicate the above pic of the little girl and the grandmother?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
If you wanted to create a hoax photo, showing a ghost, and you were THAT good at Photoshop....wouldn't you try and make it seem "ghostly"?

I would. Which leads me to the opinion that this is real. And i have to echo the sentiment....'don't pretend you know what a ghost should look like.'

I agree. I said something to this effect in another post. If I were to fake a ghost photo I'm going to make the ghost look like, well a ghost. Reading many of the posts here you can tell that almost everyone expects a ghost to be "see through".

Otherwise, the person who did this as a hoax is a complete idiot, and lazy at that.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was looking at it again to see about the theory that she's in front of a mirror and the woman "behind" her (in the mirror, but really in front of her) is the one taking the pic.

Two things made me thing that's not the case.

1. If the girl is in front of a mirror, supposedly evidenced by the reflection of her hair. You would see the reflection of her right (on our left) shoulder at least as well. the "reflection" is up and to the right. So we should easily see the reflection of the child's shoulder.

2. If the woman is actually in front of the child who is in front of a mirror, how is the woman looking directly into the camera? I would think the camera's lens would be obscured from view by the child's body and her reflection in the mirror. I could be completely wrong about that though.

Lastly, I've seen my nieces hair do much odder things than that, even after her hair has just been brushed. Sometimes it's like a hairdo from "Something about Mary".

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by kinda kurious

I'm studying in the CG field and I would say that the pic is not photshoped.
I say this because it is really hard to place something behind someone and still be able to see them through every little strand of hair.
The only way to do it would be to copy or recreate the hair in front of the object and if this indeed were taken with a cell phone image, well, that would be extremely hard to do.

The hair stuff isn't that tricky really if you know what you are doing, most adverts you see in magazines with models on will have had their hair cut out to replace the background. If you were going to fake such an image you would start with a high res photo taken from a proper camera, then composite it and then make it look like a cellphone shot.

However it would be a heck of a lot easier just to stand an old woman behind the girl and take a cellphone shot
so its unlikely its photoshopped mainly for that reason, because the shot itself would have been pretty easy to fake.

People talking about how light reacts with ghosts are being pretty ridiculous, if they did exist we have no idea how light would react with them.

If shes telling the truth then its an amazing photo, and thats the only thing we have to go on.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Originally posted by mckyle
reply to post by Kadzait

That being the case, then if you examine the photo very closely, you are faced with the inevitable question: how then did the face partially merge with and pass through the iron bars?

[edit on 1-8-2009 by mckyle]
I think it can pass through the bars because they aren't "here". They aren't susceptible to the "laws" in this dimension because they are bleeding through to ours. If dimensions are crossed, it doesn't mean they aren't in BOTH. Perhaps they aren't in exactly the same spot as we are seeing them.

The face isn't "partially merging and passing through" the iron bars, its simply behind it and the focus and poor quality of the camera are making the bars seem to disappear, if you look closely they're still there and you would get the same effect putting any object up there and retaking the photo. Its just a creepy woman who happened to be walking by up there

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

I added what the person should seem to look like threw the bars. I think seagrass's explanation seems logical because from what QuestionItAll mentioned about his story is how the ghost in the building he works in doesnt open the doors. There are also many cases where people see a ghost and they say the ghost runs into a wall and isnt seen anymore. Or goes inside a room or closet and is lost.

Originally posted by QuestionItAll
I work in an extremely old building we have a resident spook that really does the same thing every morning around 2:50. He comes out of the bathrooms walks down the hall, walks down the stairs. (doors do not open) To the boiler room. When he moves he's very shadowy but when I catch him in the corner of the bathroom, static, he is as clear as that old lady and he does catch the light of my flashlight.

Also about the cell phone picture and the theory of a mirror being behind the girl when the picture was taken may have some evidence to it. As you can see in the picture where the arrows are pointing you can see a very significant light change above the window when going across. The color change is symmetrical as if there was a mirror made from smaller pieced mirrors horizontally across.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Kadzait]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Nice diagram Kadzait, unfortunately thats exactly what I see in the picture anyway. Look at her eyes and you can clearly make out the bars going over them horizontally and a vertical bar down her face. There is nothing unusual about how the face is interacting with the bars

Here is a better quality photo where you can also clearly see the bars

You have to admit, if people were not saying this was a ghost then you would just think it was a woman behind some bars…

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Ok just for a what if....

The mom takes a picture of her daughter after a nap (bed hair)
She gets down on the floor, kneeling to be right at her level. That's how it looks to me..

what is the "grandmother doing since she is higher up? Not standing because then we would be looking at her legs. Is she sitting? kneeling too? Strange angle.

Yes, not only is the angle strange, but looks to me like the older woman's face is out of proportion with the girl's face. I realize the little girl is closer to the camera, but this makes granny look like a 4 foot tall troll. I wonder if instead of a mirror, there was a picture behind the girl.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by modern

That being the case, then if you examine the photo very closely, you are faced with the inevitable question: how then did the face partially merge with and pass through the iron bars?

The face isn't "partially merging and passing through" the iron bars...

Sorry, but I beg to differ. I suggest you download the large 4.5 MB file and take another look.

...Its just a creepy woman who happened to be walking by up there...

By the sounds of it, you haven't done any background reading regarding the castle itself and the photographer. Have a dig around if you have time, and look specifically for the info on the structure of the keep and the actual day this photo was taken.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I cant believe I have never seen the image of the woman behind the bars. WHOA! As a professional photographer, I have to admit, thats creepy. I got the chill factor on that one.

Thats rare for me. I cant believe Ive never seen it! Thanks Y'all!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kadzait

It's interesting to note that some individuals (I presume historians) were suggesting that the figure in the Tantallon Castle looked a lot like James V. James V was said to have been fond of the castle that he had besieged in 1528, and later frequented.

Anyway, you might find these interesting:

James V

Tantallon Castle Face

Another one of James V

I'm not saying it is or isn't, but the resemblance is there.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You have to admit, if people were not saying this was a ghost then you would just think it was a woman behind some bars…

A woman wearing a 16th Century "Ruff" around her neck! Yes, I see that all the time (sarcasm inserted).

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
I cant believe I have never seen the image of the woman behind the bars. WHOA! As a professional photographer, I have to admit, thats creepy. I got the chill factor on that one.

Thats rare for me. I cant believe Ive never seen it! Thanks Y'all!

Hi Little One
It gave me the same feeling, the first time I looked at it. And again later when I started comparing it with the James V portraits.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The picture from the video the person in the background looked exactly like the afterimage of the child

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

I can totally see why they think that. Uncanny. creepy too. Looks like he is in deep thought. Possibly regret is what I feel.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Not the same dress I think - wrong colour and a lot more white in the ghost one - also wrong pattern (trust a man to get it wrong, lol).

I agree, the eyes are identical.

Hey, great great great grandad was quite a catch!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

reply to post by drock905

I'm not doubting you, but I've gone through a bunch of keyword searches on Google and cannot find an earlier version of this pic. Are you sure it's the same pic?

Fair enough I looked as well could'nt find it either. But am 100 percent sure its the same pic. It creeped me out the first time I saw it. I honestly can't remember where I first saw it.

I had found a story about it, but can't find it anymore.

Maybe it was on the coast2coast website?
A Youtube video?
Somethig like that, but I'm pretty sure i saw it in an email or a hyperlink on facebook or myspace.

It was months ago.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Sorry, but I beg to differ. I suggest you download the large 4.5 MB file and take another look.

Post a link to where I can get that and I will

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Post a link to where I can get that and I will

Had you been more tactful and actually had your facts straight, before shooting off with your flawed arguments, I would have been happy to oblige. But as it stands, I've given you more than warranted.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join