It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler 'could have won WWII'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Hitler 'could have won WWII'

news.bbc.co.uk

Could Germany have won World War II if it wasn't for Hitler's ideological obsessions? Historian Andrew Roberts reflects on the strategic and tactical mistakes the Third Reich made.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Also says Germany would have had to not declare war on the US as well. That one, and attacking the Russian's during the coldest months were the most idiotic decisions by hitler. Oh and taking on the RAF in 1940, but they didn't mention that.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Had he not wasted his manpower by killing his population; ie, the jews, poles, etc, ; and had he not stupdily declared war on Russia . . .

if if if

Ultimate power brings, how does that saying go?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hitler failed to shut down the Mediterranean.

He declared war on the US.

He failed to control Mussolini, who insisted on fighting Greece and got his ass kicked. Then Hitler delayed the invasion of Russia to whip Greece and help Mussolini save face.

This delay of several weeks in attacking Russia cost them Moscow. They could have really used another several weeks of good weather.

Hitler hit too broad a front in his attack of Russia.

Finally, he tried to defend France at the coastlines, when he could have held his forces, including reserves near the coasts, and attacked AFTER they got on the beaches.

Hitler was a corporal who thought he was Atilla.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It is funny how his generals so brilliantly planned the first year of the war, and then he goes and interferes and makes all the military decisions (the wrong ones). He didn't plan for a long war and turns around and DOW's Russia and the US in the same year. They started out with a huge lead in technology and were a year away from a nuke at the end, and likely would have it in 45 if he didn't take on the entire world.

We were lucky he was such a fool.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Hitler was a corporal who thought he was Atilla

lol..that was funny

good stuff.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't. Bottom line.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Spot on.

I also think that Hitler didnt understand the times very well.
Yes, he had built up a war machine so superior to any other he believed his army invincible.
He built up this mechanised ground force and attacking airforce while his country was banished and broke from WW1.

Captured Tanks, stolen idea's.. im not sure he understood that Russia, UK and the US were going to take on his good idea's and produce tanks/planes at a much faster rate.

The winter beat him in Russia
The strength of numbers beat him in France
His arrogance beat him in the air war with the UK
and his stupidity led to Berlins destruction

Its still absolutly incredible, how one man brought the world to its knee's.
I remember standing in Berlin in the carpark above where his bunker was.. day dreaming of the carnage and absolute history making moments that occured in that sandy playground.

man i love history!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hitler totally could have won the war and the world would be a different place, but He was a loser who f"ed cousin, and was not truly a War Commander.

He was a loser. He could have had the world. It really could have happened, but he f'd up. There were fronts he could have waited to attack and should have concentrated on Russia earlier, but then again he would eventually have run into the same problem the Romans had, The army troops start to be conscripted from taken over countries, therefore loyalty is no longer the same, and slowly empire falls apart. It happened to the british, and it will to the Americans. Spread yourself out, start using men NOT of your country to fight for your country, you lose.

There is something to be said for heart. To have that in combat, to fight for your land, your house, you can overcome anything. Either way. That is why Iraq and Afghanistan are failures, you cannot overcome the population. Never.

Im from Quebec, An english guy born and raised in a french land, that was taken over by the english, yet we retain the french language. Quebec was the first place to have western civlization in the americas, and even when the rulers changed the same familys are still here, and we retain our french hertiage. You cannot control the populations of countries taken over.

So those of you that fear the NWO. Fear not, they can get some of us, they can get alot of us, but they cannot get ALL of us. NWO taking over the world would bring insurgency everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

TO get back to OP. Hitler was a schmuck, he had ideals, he had a plan, but in the end he sucked. Who will be NEXT?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Le Colonel]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
He didn't win because it wasn't God's will. Instead it was Gods will to fulfill an ancient Hebrew prophecy and restore the Jews to the land promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That my friends was the true amazing outcome of WWII.

With Obama seizing power in the US could WWIII be far behind?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

If he would have listened to his generals, the likely hood of his winning WWII would have risen astronomically.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

He didn't win because it wasn't God's will.

You know the funniest part about your entire ignorant spat there?

Is that you are so arrogant you think you know what Gods will is.

Thanks for the laugh of the night! No twelve tribes. No fulfilled prophecy. Sorry to burst your bubble...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hitler was just another NWO puppet, they needed to create mass chaos, i'm not saying Hitler wasn't a little off, and i'm not saying thousands of innocent people didn't die, but look at our history, and sadly our future, they don't give a piss how many innocent people die. and then they got rid of him when there job was done... maybe Hitler was getting a little too power hungry? or maybe simply they only needed him for what they needed him for and then they disposed of him.

either way you look at it, it was a NWO backed plan, and Hitler was there puppet, and they passed there agendas with it

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Darth_Prime]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
As I look around Amerika today...

It sure appears to me Hitler won the war. I do after all live in a nation that some how, some way, managed to end up with something called a Homeland Security Department?

Way to go Adolf way to go, way to go Adolf way to go.

Heil Hitler,

Heli Caesar,

How the Heil to get the flock out of here!

[edit on 29/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It sure appears to me Hitler won the war. I do after all live in a nation that some how, some way, managed to end up with something called a Homeland Security Department?

In a strange and pernicious way I think you're right on. The legacy lives on in symbols that are still activated in consciousness to this day.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
That was the whole plan.

To have hitler be the evil destroyer and have american bankers ( prescott bush) funnel money to create the Nazi regime years before and profit years after to have him fail so they can create a world bank to rebuild the war torn countries and establish the united nations. Not to mention their final move, take over palestine.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
He was a loser. He could have had the world. It really could have happened, but he f'd up. There were fronts he could have waited to attack and should have concentrated on Russia earlier, but then again he would eventually have run into the same problem the Romans had, The army troops start to be conscripted from taken over countries, therefore loyalty is no longer the same, and slowly empire falls apart. It happened to the british, and it will to the Americans. Spread yourself out, start using men NOT of your country to fight for your country, you lose.

Man, you're full of rubbish!

Firstly, the Romans never had a problem with usuing foreign troops as loyalty was instilled with the offer of citizenship, What brought the Roman Empire to it's end was a result of centuries of poor management, civil war between rival generals, hyper-inflation and invading barbarian hordes.

Secondly, it isn't a problem the British had either. The Empire was dissolved due to American pressure at the end of WW2 and was a stipulation for joining the US created United Nations, in order to allow the US to expand it's sphere of influence and combat the USSR.

Originally posted by Le Colonel
Im from Quebec, An english guy born and raised in a french land, that was taken over by the english, yet we retain the french language. Quebec was the first place to have western civlization in the americas, and even when the rulers changed the same familys are still here, and we retain our french hertiage. You cannot control the populations of countries taken over.

Again, utter tosh. The first colonies in the America's belonged to the Spanish and Portugese. The English colony of Jamestown was founded before Quebec too.

Anyway, sorry for going OT, but if we're going to discuss history in this thread, lets make it accurate shall we, instead of a Pseudo-French jingoistic version?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

In a strange and pernicious way I think you're right on. The legacy lives on in symbols that are still activated in consciousness to this day.

The reality is, it was American businessmen who financed and propelled Hitler to power. It's a matter of congressional record and they weren't just any businessmen but Rockefeller and Harriman, Bush, Dupont, Warberg the list goes on.

The Catholic Church and the OSS and then the fledgling CIA got every top Nazi it could out after the world.

Hitler killed himself and had his own body burned...yeah right, sell me a bridge in Brooklyn.

The British Mandate in Palestine would have never reached a critical mass of population at the rate of immigration before Hitler came along to allow it to grow to the tipping point to throw of the British and declare a nation.

U.S. Code 666 the Social Security Act, the number required to barter and trade...idiots went right along with it.

Create a sovereign nation of Israel...the idiots went right along with it.

Let private foreign and domestic interests control the nation's money supply and economic policy The Federal Reserve...the idiots went along with it.

People sure haven't wasted any time standing in the common sense line that's for sure.

[edit on 30/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
hitler was a crazy mofo but he was a great mllitary leader, so what, he made a few bad choices, but he was almost assasinated by his own people, fighting and winning on several fronts against many countries, the pressure got to him, then one bad decision lead to another. he was never the less, a great leader, he pulled his country from the crapper after ww1 and made it the most powerful in the world(at least for a period) he was an excellent publc speaker, look at his following, he managed to get all of germany behind him. his millitary and scientist provided technology years ahead of what the allies had. almost had a nuke. and to be honest(research it if you must) if it werent for the allies bringing their equipment and scientist over, we wouldnt have had the atomic bomb in time for japan. we have studied what they did and developed medical procedures that we wouldnt have today if we hadnt studied what they did, nor the millitary tech. what a crazy dude, but a genius of sorts.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hitler Could have done a lot of things, but he didnt. It would have been very hard for him to win because almost every battle fought was against germanys favor.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join