It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Weather Warning

It's 106 Degrees here right now.

This is not natural here.
HAARP effecting the interior coast or something?

Check out this warning

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA
430 AM PDT WED JUL 29 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/O.CON.KSEW.EH.W.0001.000000T0000Z-090801T0100Z/
/O.CON.KSEW.AS.Y.0002.000000T0000Z-090801T0100Z/
SOUTHWEST INTERIOR-EAST PUGET SOUND LOWLANDS-EVERETT AND VICINITY-
SEATTLE/BREMERTON AREA-TACOMA AREA-HOOD CANAL AREA-
430 AM PDT WED JUL 29 2009

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I saw this being discussed on the evening news tonight. I feel for you all. We had those kinds of temps here in Ky. in June and that is not normal for us. Normal for August but not June. Then in July we had a couple of record breaking low temps... things are definetly screwy!

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yes. My FIL went to Portland today. 107 degrees. Very unusual, particularly considering that many places across the U.S. have had unseasonably cool weather.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It is mind bending how the weather is changing so rapidly and yet the sleeping masses simply move on without even a blink as if it has always been this way. Oh sure they may talk about it for a short time, and yet before you know it they just dont see the warnings on the wall.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Weather station current data here

I was in Portland last summer and they had low hndred temperatures then too.

But up here, it's unusual to say the least.

It's only 103 or less in seattle area, I'm by McChord AFB today.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh my, well where are the ones that have been screaming we are in a global cooling. huh where are you now!!!!!. I feel for you all in the hotter part of the states now, what a drag

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It is 71 degrees here. It is usually 86 at this time of night. It only go up to 78 degrees. The normal high is 90+. It has been more spring to fall like this summer.
In fact we have a 50% chance of thunderstorms tonight.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I do remember a few scientists in a forum a couple of years back sayin how the temp fluctuations will become much greater, along with the increase in rain in places that don't get it and areas of drought that are not usually dry.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It is mind bending how the weather is changing so rapidly and yet the sleeping masses simply move on without even a blink as if it has always been this way.

How is the weather changing so rapidly? How come Seattle saw similar temperatures at a similar time of year in 1994? And also in 1941?

Also a list of July temperature averages since 1998:

1998 - 77.4
1999 - 71.7
2000 - 73.5
2001 - 71.7
2002 - 74.2
2003 - 79.0
2004 - 78.3
2005 - 75.3
2006 - 78.1
2007 - 77.3
2008 - 74.9
2009 - 78.9

Where's this rapid change?

Who's really asleep here?

Edit to add sources:

www.kirotv.com...
www.beautifulseattle.com...

[edit on 29/7/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

How is the weather in land down unda anyway..isn't it your winter?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yup middle of winter with sunny blue skies for the next week or so.

The rainfall is on par with the monthly average but our temp is slightly over the average.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

How cold is your winter,.. 50?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

It is just weird everywhere. Texas (DFW) saw 17-18 days of 100 plus heat in June and July (avg is 16 days for the year) and the last two weeks, except for 1 day it has been well below normal. One day 80 was the max. This is suppose to be our hottest part of the season.

Portland excepted, I have wondered if the cool temps we are seeing is a residual effect of the long period of no sunspots? Ya know how June 21 the sun is at it's northern most point and the greatest heat (northern hemisphere) comes after this and Dec 21 the sun is at it's southern most point and the coldest weather is after this.

Okay, don't flame me...I am just thinking and don't have the energy to check this out.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Things are going to keep changing and changing more rapidly like this.

Just keep your head straight and realize the weather is not the way it used to be. I don't know what else to say.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Nah much higher than that.

I gotta shoot through but if you're interested these couple of sites will give an idea of the temps in my area, you'll have to convert to Fahrenheit though...

members.iinet.net.au...

www.perthtouristcentre.com.au...

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I am was wonderin about the sun spot thing untill the heat waves had been happing in odd parts of the world. OZ had said it was part of a particular weather pattern that is situated over parts of the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Yup middle of winter with sunny blue skies for the next week or so.

Yep, thats due to one of the biggest high pressure systems IO have ever seen in my working career.

Its keeping all the cold fronts to the south, that why we wont be getting any winter weather for a week

Alos, just because we are noticing weather extremes in greater number these days, does not indicate that they never occur. If you really want a good picture of how the weather works, you have to go back through climatic details. Chadwickus did a good job of this in an earlier post

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I am warming the car and blasting the A/C...

I hsd to go inside in front of a fan while the car interior cools.

And it's parked in the shade.

It's been a constant sweatfest all day. (no A/C where I'm at.)

I notice the weather warning has been removed.

Should be cooler tommorrow, thankfully

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It is mind bending how the weather is changing so rapidly and yet the sleeping masses simply move on without even a blink as if it has always been this way. Oh sure they may talk about it for a short time, and yet before you know it they just dont see the warnings on the wall.

The sleeping masses are at the mercy of mother nature. There is not much humans can do except go in the AC when temps go up, Go underground when a hurricane or tornado comes in, or use an umbrella.

I'm not worried about the weather because I don't really know what is normal and not many do. The time man has been on this planet is short in comparison to geological time. If the beginning of life on Earth was your shoulder and the end of your thumb was our current position in time then we would be on the tip of the fingernail.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Right o however what I am talking about is the past 20 or so years. I have been a avid weather watcher and have the ability to see the huge difference in just the past 10. really it has been about the past 11 years since the Quickening as Art Bell calls it has been happening.

I am actually getting pretty good at the forecasts and yet still try to count on the weather reports which are so inaccurate.

What is most amazing is how when people go to AC or the heater and there is no power they tend to freak in the moment yet go on as if everything is normal.

After only one or two years of this they take it as normal when it is not and they are in noway prepared when it does happen.

Listen the thread title made me join in and you seem like you are defending the blind.

Let me put it this way, dont you wish you had invested in kerosene and generator power when the last several winters have left people in a lurch for weeks at a time? HAARP personnel probably do.

I think and this is my big weather conspiracy theory, is that they have been forewarning every since London had that horrible heat wave that killed so many in a short period of time. That to me is when it started in Ernest.

Rolling blackouts to follow on the west coast US and then the biggie back east after that.

Since that time we have seen power out during the worst ice storms in recorded history in my area save a few odd years since the 1800s .

I have always strongly felt like it was a warning for intelligent people that the time has come to be utterly self sufficient as the weather is going to change rapidly and completely and many will loose their lives.

Still people feel like it is isolated incidents year after terrible year. We are in for hotter summers and wet colder winters, summers will get shorter and winters unpredictable. Flooding, storm surges, electrical storms and tornadoes to name but a few of the problems we are not addressing and as they spring up in strange and unexpected places people continue to see them as freak spurts of nature.

I know that it is going to get worse, I dont know how I know but I do. I try to talk to my relatives who are financially in a position to make contingency palns and to do what we need to survive wind and weather, but they look at me as if I am alien, that they will survive under Gods watch.

I want a hand pump well installed, solar and wind power, a storm shelter like you wouldnt believe and to able to survive even a mini ice age, 450 mph winds and more.

Seems those in a position to do something wont, and those who are willing dont have the money to do so, survival in the future is being set up to be a rich mans way.

With all we know why are there not shelters being buit? And backup generators for the cities? For the people of the cities? No this is going to happen in such a way that hundreds of thousands willl have to first die.

The warnings have been given, if you are wise and choose survival than you have to know what I am saying is at least in part true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join