It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Moon Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The "Moon Landing" phenomenon is what brought me here over 2 years ago. (Please notice, I do not use the word Hoax.) Inasmuch as I was initially reluctant, I now fully accept that we have successfully been to the moon. However not as 'officially' presented by NASA. Unable to fully subscribe to the "Alien" moon base theories, I feel there are things being witheld from the general population of earth inhabitants.

Incriminating things to the US, hence motive. Although the following theory is not unique, I feel the reason for all the photo-manipulation, anomalies and secrecy is that the US established and maintains a presence on the lunar surface for 'military purposes' began well before Apollo.

Perhaps in direct defiance of "The Moon Treaty" aka "Agreement Governing the Activities of States on the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies"

Link to more infoon Moon Treaty (I realize it has never been ratified by members but in my mind serves as a pact formed from universial common intent.) A 'Code of Honor' among countries of Earth.

This site is where I experienced my epiphany:

www.astronautix.com...

In 1959 the US Army completed a plan for a manned military outpost on the moon. The Horizon lunar outpost was said to be necessary to protect United States interests on the moon; to conduct moon-based surveillance of the earth and space, to act as a communications relay, and to serve as a base for exploration of the moon.

Four major conclusions were reached:

Political, scientific, and security considerations indicated that it was imperative for the United States to establish a lunar outpost at the earliest practicable date.

Project Horizon represented the earliest feasible capability for the U. S. to establish a lunar outpost. By its implementation, the United States could establish an operational lunar outpost by late 1966, with the initial manned landings in the spring of 1965.

A delayed decision to proceed with the program, or adequate funding, would forfeit the chance of defeating the USSR in a space race which was already openly recognized as such throughout the world.

Waiting for evidence of substantial Soviet progress in a lunar outpost program would result in a crash American program in response, resulting in significantly higher costs and lower reliability.

The U. S. Army possessed the capability of making significant contributions in all aspects of such a program.

The permanent outpost would cost $6 billion and become operational in December 1966 with 12 soldiers.

Requirement for a Lunar Outpost:
The lunar outpost is required to develop and protect potential United States interests on the moon; to develop techniques in moon-based surveillance of the earth and space, in communications relay, and in operations on the surface of the moon; to serve as a base for exploration of the moon, for further exploration into space and for military operations on the moon if required; and to support scientific investigations on the moon.

Link: www.astronautix.com...

Overview of Horizon & Lunex Programs:

www.astronautix.com...

The more I think about it, the more things seem to fit. It has been right under my big red nose.

The 'structures', the 'secrecy', the 'industrialized military complex', 'soviet space-race', Kennedy's plan was to achieve something already a reality, or at least in the works. (the military study was originated in 1959.)

Source of "shadows/structures" and other "anomalies?"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d53126e1d8b2.jpg[/atsimg]

OK, well, it's just yet another theory, but it's all I got. Look forward to comments.

(BTW, I am only vaguely familiar with John Lear but understand this might fall within his claims.)

I've deduced this on my own and I'm not very bright. Yeah, I'm on the lunatic fringe.

Regards...KK

[edit on 29-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
S+F for you. Lear is a complete nut in my opinion. straight out of the crack house, living on his families name. there is a fine line between stupidity and eccentricity.. there are two people who cross that line waving a banner of pride. John Lear, and that moron artist.... what was his name? Yes... andy warhol. Still this is not a horrible deuction I am going to do the research a bit later.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Along with the suggestions that the Nazi scientists also had a hand in some of the space program, I would think it's very possible. If not back then, then shortly after. The cold war was than likely more of a distraction. Vietnam was probably also used to funnel money through the military, such as from social security etc. Not much would surprise me anymore, when it comes to government coverups. I'm curious about the satellites going down as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Sorry for self-thread bump. (Well, not really.)

More info in support of OP: (Past and Present)

The idea of a U.S. base on the Moon is nothing new. In a secret study called “A U.S. Army Study for the Establishment of a Lunar Outpost” published on June 9, 1959, the military maintained that, “The lunar outpost is required to develop and protect potential United States interests on the Moon; to develop techniques in Moon-based surveillance of the Earth and space; in communications relay, and in operations on the surface of the Moon; to serve as a base for exploration of the Moon…Any military operations on the Moon will be difficult to counter by the enemy because of the difficulty of his reaching the Moon, if our forces are already present and have means of countering a landing or of neutralizing any hostile forces that have landed.”

www.space4peace.org...

1.2 BACKGROUND
Our space systems and capabilities have become key to our nation’s military effectiveness. Without them, our military forces would not enjoy many of the advantages we currently have over our adversaries.

Air Force Doctrine Document (AFDD) 2-2, “Space Operations,”
emphasizes the importance of space.

Just as the advent of airpower greatly enhanced military operations of the time,
space forces, likewise, greatly enhance modern military operations across the
spectrum of conflict.

Air Force doctrine views air, space, and information as key ingredients for
dominating the battlespace and ensuring superiority.

Effective use of space-based resources provides a continual and global presence
over key areas of the world …

Military forces have always viewed the “high ground” position as one of dominance
and warfare advantage. With rare exception, whoever owned the high ground owned
the fight. This capability (Space) is the ultimate high ground of US military operations.

www.antiwar.com...

The political, economic, technological, and military trends hold significant implications for USSPACECOM. An increased dependence upon space capabilities may lead to increased vulnerabilities. As space systems become lucrative military targets, there will be a critical need to control the space medium to ensure US dominance on future battlefields.

www.fas.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
S+F for you. Lear is a complete nut in my opinion. straight out of the crack house, living on his families name. there is a fine line between stupidity and eccentricity.. there are two people who cross that line waving a banner of pride. John Lear, and that moron artist.... what was his name? Yes... andy warhol. Still this is not a horrible deuction I am going to do the research a bit later.

Quite an interesting statement coming from someone showing a child with a mouth full of blood as an avatar I'd have to say...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Excellent Thread! Starred And flagged!

I'll come back later with some information on how we are transmitting power to the moon from Earth.

(Watchzeitgeistnow knows what I'm talking about
)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
S+F. It's interesting, because years ago I thought the same way. The entire thing was just a hoax.

But slowly I began to realize that it makes more sense that we've been there and have been going there this whole time, rather than never going at all. I like your theory, and as far as theories go about the moon, I think that it's as close as this site has come.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Okay I'm back,

Power could be transmitted to the Moon from the Earth using lasers; such as with the BTOS and SELENE projects:

This explains the BTOS concept:

BTOS is a portion of a larger project, SELENE, which is managed by NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center and utilizes a high energy, free electron laser to transfer energy from the ground to orbiting spacecraft or other customers such as lunar colonies.
-trs-new.jpl.nasa.gov...

"customers such as lunar colonies"...... hmmmm, isn't that intriguing.

And more about BTOS and SELENE:

The development of the Beam Transmission Optical System (BTOS) is a portion of a larger project entitled SpacE Laser Electric ENErgy (SE1.ENE). The SELENE project utilizes a high energy, free electron laser to transfer energy from the ground to orbiting spacecraft or other space targets such as a lunar base. BTOS is the system that delivers the beam energy from the laser to the target.

The primary mission objective of SELENE is to provide energy for operation of geosynchronous satellites including steady-state power for operations, periodic low power for station keeping, periodic high power during eclipses, and high power for transfer orbit apogee burn.

SELENE will also provide energy for operation at middle and high earth orbits (ME()) of 3000+ kilometers. Another possible usage for SELENE will be to provide energy to a laser-augmented solar-electric orbit transfer vehicle wherein a low earth orbit (LEO) vehicle transfers to geosynchronous orbit (GEO) through a spiral trajectory path. Finally, SELENE will provide continuous steady-state energy for operation of a lunar base.
-trs-new.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is a cool example of the concept being demonstrated with a laser and R/C plane:

Flights of the lightweight, radio-controlled model airplane inside a large building at NASA Marshall are believed to be the first time that a plane has been powered only by laser energy. The demonstration was a key step toward the capability to beam power to an aircraft, allowing it to stay in flight indefinitely -- a concept with potential for the scientific community as well as the remote sensing and telecommunications industries.

-www.nasa.gov...

Using lasers to power satellites? What's that look like?

It would looks like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffb54d5692a2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f713469efd8.jpg[/atsimg]

To the moon's 'south pole' (and some satellites):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c1a80de28d6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2135311f4b7a.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's more:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a26993ed54ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a57db464e58.jpg[/atsimg]

Jose Escamilla thinks these are Space Elevators. What a Guy
=

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Exuberant1]