It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Ocean Surface Temperature Warmest On Record For June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

ScienceDaily (July 27, 2009) — The world’s ocean surface temperature was the warmest on record for June, breaking the previous high mark set in 2005, according to a preliminary analysis by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. Additionally, the combined average global land and ocean surface temperature for June was second-warmest on record. The global records began in 1880.

So I'm discussing "Man-Made" Global Warming with someone, and they shoot me this article.

What should I offer to counter the MMGW thought? I mean, considering that if you take the surface of the earth and figure out human mass in comparison... Statistically, we don't exist. And those MMGW taxes sure make somebody rich!

Any help?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, for one, meteorologists are seeing an El Nino form. So that goes along with the warmer surface temps.

Warmer surface temps usually = more tropical storms, but this has been one of the lightest seasons ever, so something is fishy with their measurements or their model.

Gulf of Mexico is coolest I have seen it in recent years.

July had at least 3000 record "LOW" temps set and it is not over yet.

Hope that helps. We put far too much credibility in our 'snapshots' of information that scientists can gather.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thanks. These "Goreites" already know this, but insist that it's just because weather is "getting more extreme, planet wide."

I agree, though. It's all very fishy.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
We have yet much to suffer...
What we are having nowadays is a glimpse of things to come and nothing IMHO compared to the things that we have set up on for us.
These are the best times in a new bad era that we have set up for ourselves.

We have a saying: You will sleep according to the way you prepare your bed...

Well guess what: We haven't been taking any care of that mattress and bedding at all...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just ask the GW people what caused all the dramatic changes in the Earth's climate before man was dominant on the planet. Then ask how the Earth managed to survive all those ice ages and warming periods without a cap'n'trade carbon tax? Without energy saving light bulbs?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Exactly the same way a plant lives and dies and makes offsprings through its crops!

More specificaly to the question at hand poor about a liter of motor oil or poison to a surface and these offsprings will never come to be! Its a fragile and complicated "multidimensional" (or should i say multilayered?) system!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Just ask the GW people what caused all the dramatic changes in the Earth's climate before man was dominant on the planet. Then ask how the Earth managed to survive all those ice ages and warming periods without a cap'n'trade carbon tax? Without energy saving light bulbs?

Have been there, but they counter that "this time it's DIFFERENT..." Heh. As if they were around back then, eh?

Thanks for your reply!

top topics

join