It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Hacker-US Intelligence agencies have ET craft that run on clean, pollution free energy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

thats right. just because he has a dissability does not give an excuse to break the law, to hack. the intent, i wonder what his intent was? like i said earlier, i have mixed feelings of hackers good , bad. if something precious in the lock, the hack. to hack it , why? intent. interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
FYI, for those of you who are asking for proof, try using remote assistance with 56k(which is slower then 10kbps due to the remote assistance)

Loading a picture would have taken hours, good luck getting evidence when your computer is raided well you're loading pictures :<

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Did you really say "hacking computer games"?? No one in the IT/IS field would call modifying a computer game to extra lives, enable cheats, by-pass the serial or key "hacking". If someone does say that, they are a newb.

We can argue all day about what "hacking" is. Is hacking really just hitting the enter key at a login prompt and getting into the system? Does hacking involve masking your MAC address so that it by-passes the firewall in an attempt to gather information about the network? For me and the security pro's I work with, I use this definition:

Am I A Hacker?

Was he a white hat hacker then? Was he just trying to "test" the security protocols so he could be a good citizen and tell the security admins where the vulnerabilities where? No. He had nothing but malicious intentions and if they are anything like what was mentioned (deleting files, breaching security barriers), then he is not the IT Robin Hood.

You can teach yourself how to use computers, program them and even how to network them but if you use that knowledge to break into a network, it's h-a-c-k-i-n-g. Also, there are also different types of admin accounts (local, domain, enterprise....) I still don't believe he gained access by guessing a user name and logging in. The normal day to day workers wouldn't have admin access (maybe local but not domain/enterprise) which would prevent them from accessing the secure stuff.

It sounds more and more like he stumbled into the HONEYPOT (see my previous post) and got caught. The US may have ramped up the charges to make an example out of him but in the end, a stupid criminal that wouldn't be in the condition he is in if he would have known how to not get caught. Idiot.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by allsop
FYI, for those of you who are asking for proof, try using remote assistance with 56k(which is slower then 10kbps due to the remote assistance)

Loading a picture would have taken hours, good luck getting evidence when your computer is raided well you're loading pictures :<

Great point!! RDP with a DSL or limited bandwidth line is tough enough. Maybe he hacked into the local library which had a T1 and then he ran the "scripts" he wrote from the DOS command.

This is why NASA and the military stopped using Windows ME.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think that what he did is morally justified if he isn't lying.. Even if doing it killed everyone in the US(I live in the US) it is still justifiable. If the American government is hiding a way to have unimaginable amounts of free or low cost clean energy it could potentially result in a WWIII and end the world. I like to hack things to impress people but I don't see how he did it. I thought you had to have access to a computer in the first place to set up a remote desktop connection

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Everytime I think of this case something in the back of my mind says "what goes around comes around". I pity the fool, I say fool just because he is in the $### anybody with an ounce of common sense would cover there ass and not get caught.

What is to say he is pulling the wool over TPTB eyes? It is very possible he has compiled evidence, made copies, maybe gone as far as to collect screan shots and backed up all his findings. If I were in his shoes being British and finding the Yanks want him shipped I would hold back all knowledge until I am locked up and formaly charged.

Then when the TPTB trip up, slip up I would be in a prime position to clear my name. Or the worse case, when he is silenced 'murdered' his insurance 'evidence' would come to light and be made public the finger of sus would point again in the direction of US GOV.

Gary and his case have proven to myself that we do indeed have a serious issue at stake here. The quest for free energy has been murdering those cleaver and brave inventors for the past hundred years. So that evil people in power can befat themselves at the cost of our future while destroying the wonderful planet we call home.

I am more concerned about the fact that we know so little and assume so much regarding something thats rather simple 'Free Energy'. It is for sure a dangerous game the worlds governments are playing but for how much longer can they expect to retain the leading hand?

Gary also discovered (from an older thread @ ATS) non terrestrial US Navy ships and records of non-terrestrial employees. So opens another can of worms, free energry works for real and our brothers and sisters are far far away right now on an assortment of missions in deep space. Feeling excited thinking about the prospect brings the situation into focus are we alone?

Never did I feel in anyway that we are/were ever alone, this beggers the question are the unseen around us friends or foes? Looking at Garys situation I myself have to admit that if any powers or unseen force could assist this wonderful chap the time would be upon us. What happens nothing, maybe those unseen around us are not that concerned for our welfear. It could be possible they have a contract with our governments that we are kept in the dark and used as tools right until the $### hit's the fan.

I have faith the one thing that keeps me going and I shall pray for his saftey, I for one would feel orrible and sick to the pit if he is damaged while in US care.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Sorry if i'm not up to speed,this might be old news but i just looked at the bbc w/site and the ruling is he will be visiting the good old U S of A.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Did you really say "hacking computer games"?? No one in the IT/IS field would call modifying a computer game to extra lives, enable cheats, by-pass the serial or key "hacking". If someone does say that, they are a newb.

I am not talking just for extra lives, ammo, there was a bit more to it than that, he showed me how to use their game engine to modify the game and make an entirely new game, add my own graphics, story line, items etc. Yes I know this is illegal, but when you are a young kid, it is exciting, and you can create your own game without designing the entire game engine, only modifying an existing one. I never sold any of these modified games; they were for my own amusement.

The above still may not sound like hacking to you, but to the friend that taught me, it was the term he used thus I used it as well, also please do remember we are talking early 90’s here between 1990 and 1993.

As far as being a newb, look for a U2U with a breif history of what I do and do not know.

As far as this guy wether you consider him a hacker or not is irrelevent to the fact he commited a crime and should do the time.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I used to work with a guy that used to work for the federal govt, back in the 60's. He said he worked on the computer systems for satellites. He claimed that the US weaponized space in the 60's. He said the Governments tech was 10-15 years ahead of what we see now.

I believe it's more like 40-50 years, but even if it's only 10 years, we have to have some pretty far out toys. I believe that aircraft like the F-22 aren't revealed til we are testing a far more advanced replacement.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I shouldn't have to say this here, but you know as well as I do they could care less about us as long as their bank accounts are full. Bunch of old people and kids froze to death cause they were too poor to pay for the fuel to heat their homes?
For the most part you are preaching to the choir. I've said almost verbatim on another board what you have said. For the most part it falls on deaf ears. Sad, but true.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Check your u2u. You messaged me almost the exact same thing you posted here!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings

I used to work with a guy that used to work for the federal govt, back in the 60's. He said he worked on the computer systems for satellites. He claimed that the US weaponized space in the 60's. He said the Governments tech was 10-15 years ahead of what we see now.

I believe it's more like 40-50 years, but even if it's only 10 years, we have to have some pretty far out toys. I believe that aircraft like the F-22 aren't revealed til we are testing a far more advanced replacement.

Fair enough. I can't refute that and working with someone who has first hand knowledge is a decent source of information at the least. I do believe there may have been a HUGE gap (40-50) years back in the 60's and 70's since the "black" technology was increasing so rapidly. The US was still getting high and probably didn't care much about Dobly Surround Sound or DVD's.
Again, I don't know. I wasn't born until the late 70's. But I know as interest in technology has increased in society, the demand to get better, quicker, cheaper tech products has helped reduce the gap in technology some, I would believe (imo).

I see planes now like the X-47 and know there must be even cooler stuff still being developed. You do make a great point that they don't let us see it until they have something else in the works. I never thought about it that way.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Amaterasu
But I do not doubt there ARE methods out there and in use extracting the ZPE as we type.

Neither do I in fact that is why Pegasus was created. our team is actively working on that in the yahoo group...

BUT as you say You need about 5 grand just to make a prototype to test the concept..

After that come patents, attorney fees production and marketing costs.. then distribution etc etc

So tell me again who is it 'free'?

To develop, it is not free, agreed. But once one has built many, with resources but no energy costs, and many have purchased the final product (that cost next to nothing because the energy costs were nil all along the line of production)... Then it will all be free.

What might we build with $700 Billion...?

If you can make a ZPE module that I can plug my house into (As T H Moray had his device 100 years ago ) then join the yahoo group and chat with real scientists.
You can U2U me

I have nothing. My husband/partner is the one. And though he does occasionally come to ATS... It is rare. I'll see if I can prod him to join...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

So Gary exposed fatal flaws in computer security and could go down for 70 years in prison
And the US can invade other countries without so much as batting an eyelid...etc etc

What hypocrisy!

Gary should be employed by security services.

I also doubt that he did the amount of damage they are claiming...Ironically the cost of extraditing him and all the court costs must amount to more than the amount that they are trying to justify.

It's ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
this is a really interesting article about the Mckinnon case. It explains the extradition treaty signed by british mp David Blunket. It also shows Gary giving some pretty flaky evidence with ragards to what he actually saw.

www.guardian.co.uk...

should help clear a few things up on this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
reply to post by kiwifoot

So Gary exposed fatal flaws in computer security and could go down for 70 years in prison
And the US can invade other countries without so much as batting an eyelid...etc etc

What hypocrisy!

Gary should be employed by security services.

I also doubt that he did the amount of damage they are claiming...Ironically the cost of extraditing him and all the court costs must amount to more than the amount that they are trying to justify.

It's ridiculous!

But he has no real skills, why should anyone hire him? He didn't expose anything as far I know he just used someone elses scripts and programs to get into these computers that had default passwords set. Now that was obviously stupid on these computer operators part to leave default p/ws, but still Gary had no skills. He wasn't a real hacker, he was just a simple programmer, I work in IT and security and know many programming languages. They are easy to learn.

I do agree though this is going to just be some big fiasco and nothing is going to come of it. Also regarding the 70 years in prison thing, thats not going to happen, if you look back at other hacker cases the always threaten them with lots of years in prison but they usually just get a couple. I think Kevin Mitnick, a hacker from back in the 90s served one of the longest sentence a hacker has ever got which was 5 years or so (I might be wrong though, I don't know if he actually was in prison for the longest of any hacker), and he supposedly broke into norad and stuff, although there was no proof that he did. I think Gary has some real proof against him. I could be wrong though.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Hi,
you are probably right about his skills and I agree with everything you just wrote. For the same reasons I don`t understand why the US Gov is so after him. I mean, as I understand it, people who are skilled in this field don`t consider McKinnon a 'real hacker'. And I think the information he was looking for isn`t even accessible from the public internet. So why spend so much money in this case. There are surely more skilled people with an evil intent out there, who are able to steal digital information and sell it to different countries or corperations. I understand that what he did was illegal but in his case a trial in the UK would have done it in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif

Hi,
you are probably right about his skills and I agree with everything you just wrote. For the same reasons I don`t understand why the US Gov is so after him. I mean, as I understand it, people who are skilled in this field don`t consider McKinnon a 'real hacker'. And I think the information he was looking for isn`t even accessible from the public internet. So why spend so much money in this case. There are surely more skilled people with an evil intent out there, who are able to steal digital information and sell it to different countries or corperations. I understand that what he did was illegal but in his case a trial in the UK would have done it in my opinion.

I agree with you pretty much. I kind of think maybe Gary actually did see something he wasn't supposed to see on those computers, and thats why they are after him so much. Because I've read a lot about hackers and they tend to be considered a pretty low priority, that guy Kevin Mitnick I talked about in my other post was considered the most wanted hacker in US history when he got caught in 1995. And he didn't even really do much they could prove except steal a few cell phone calls. Although most people don't consider Kevin a real hacker either, he was more of a extremely skilled social engineer and did most his "hacking" by simply calling up companies and pretending to be an employee. I think Gary may now hold the title of 'most wanted hacker in US history', although I don't consider him an actual hacker.

But yeah I do agree they could have pretty much done his trial in the UK and got this over with a while ago. Thats the reason I think maybe he actually did see something sensitive, although I don't if I believe what he claims he saw was what he really did see.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Me too thinks that he saw something, but I think what he saw was the so called honeypot some people here mentioned.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by derpif]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif

Me too thinks that he saw something, but I think what he saw was the so called honeypot some people here mentioned.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by derpif]

Yeah I just read about this honey pot stuff, I think thats what it was too. I had heard of them before but never quite knew what it was. Basically just a trap to catch computer criminals..etc They probably purposely left those computers open to attract hacker types. Cause when I really think about it if they had real sensitive info on those computers I HIGHLY doubt theyd be connected to the net with default passwords. It really does smell of a setup, imo. If it truly was a set up if I was Gary I'd use that as his defense, although I admit I know nothing about law but isn't that entrapment?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join