It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Hacker-US Intelligence agencies have ET craft that run on clean, pollution free energy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mathew10s
Thats terrible that he may get so many years in prison.

YES, he broke the law.

NO, he did not cause all that reported "damage."

YES, it was morally justifiable.

Hopefully he doesn't have to spend the rest of his life in prison for being a freedom fighter.

lol at freedom fighter. He was some pot smoking (nothing wrong with that) guy sitting at his computer screwing around. He has made up this "looking for free energy" thing so he could get more public sympathy.

He also wasn't even a real hacker. Like I said just some stoned guy sitting at his computer running scripts and programs and he happened to get lucky. When I used to follow hacker type of stuff I believe they refered to people like Gary as "script kiddies", who are people with no real skills all they do is download other peoples scripts and programs and use them to do all the work. There are many real hackers that actually "hack" their entire lives and never once slip up and get caught.

Now it was stupid of the operators of the computers he entered to leave default p/ws or whatever they did that allowed someone like gary in, I do admit that.

Gary was just a dumb stoned geek

[edit on 30-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PilgrumWhat are the implications of building a transport system to collect 25+ tonnes of gas per year from 250000 miles away and how does it compare with digging black and brown rocks out of the ground and burning them in a furnace?

The transport system already exists... the problem is building mini portable fusion reactor

The other problem is the idiot factor. With standard electricity the idiot can fry himself or burn down his house... imagine what he could do if he messes with a fusion device

I suspect the 'rocks' approach still wins by a huge margin on all aspects, until we run out of flammable rocks at least. Past that point we'll need a combination of vastly reduced energy usage on a global scale combined with huge cost increases per unit of usage before the 'free' alternatives start to look attractive enough for investors to fund the infrastructure needed.

I was told by Shell that to make it viable to build a network of hydrogen stations down the east and west coast oil would need to hit 100.00 a barrel...

That was a few years ago..

Well oil hit 100.00 a barrel and the hydrogen infra structure is well underway.. they say 10 years before its in pace... looking around I see many signs of it already

Once the infrastructure is built and paid for, it will trickle down to Joe Average

He3 Fusion will follow the same path and ZPE energy? I can just imagine the logistics

What will happen is they will still gerenate electricity... but the coal plants and reactors will be replaced. You will not likely see a home unit unless someone as crazy as Bob Lazar makes one for you

[edit on 29/7/2009 by Pilgrum]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I never said that it was impossible that there may be some untapped energy source floating around the universe. Though I do kind of doubt that it would have the strength to do much.

My point is that we havent developed "free" energy technology yet and neither did Moray or Tesla or anybody else from 100 years ago.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There's absolutely no way the average citizen could be entrusted with a residential fusion reactor so the only option is highly controlled and preferably remotely located establishments for them which plays right into the hands of 'big energy' corporations just as with current nuclear fission facilities. The average Joe Citizen simply isn't capable of handling such technology safely nor will he ever be.

I do hope you're not implying the existence of some 'black budget' equivalent of a fleet of space based supertankers and lunar mining facilities ready to go or even already operating. I'd need some incredible evidence to be convinced of that

This is probably straying from the OP a little and my opinion on that is he should be employed to help sort out the obvious IT security problems he uncovered with such apparent ease, not punished for finding the door was left unlocked allowing him to simply walk in and view what he liked. If he hadn't gotten himself inside the system and consequently discovered in the act things would still be as open right now. Basically I think he actually did the 'intelligence' community somethng of a favor in finding one of their glaring weaknesses which can now be fixed.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PilgrumBasically I think he actually did the 'intelligence' community somethng of a favor in finding one of their glaring weaknesses which can now be fixed.

You can't fix human nature and lazyness. I bet there are still thousands of stations out there with no passwords. I bet that half the people here on ATS don't have passwords on there computers

I am willing to bet that people who have an alarm system in their home or office still have 1234 as an entry code or 12369 if its ADT

Why would they hire someone who's mission is to expose things? Isn't that like letting the fox into the hen house and being surprised when all you see in the morning is chicken feathers?

Originally posted by Pilgrum
I do hope you're not implying the existence of some 'black budget' equivalent of a fleet of space based supertankers and lunar mining facilities ready to go or even already operating. I'd need some incredible evidence to be convinced of that

Me? Would I do such a thing? Nah besides it would take to long and totally derail the thread

Well maybe a hint... just to torment you...

Method of Delivering Lunar Generated Fluid
to Earth Orbit Using an External Tank
Publication number: US5092545
Publication date: 1992-03-03
Inventor: BUTTERFIELD ANSEL J (US); GOSLEE JOHN W (US)
Applicant: NASA (US)

Abstract:

A method and apparatus are provided for delivering lunar generated fluid to Earth orbit from lunar orbit. Transport takes place in an external tank of a shuttle which has been suitably outfitted in Earth orbit for reusable travel between Earth orbit and a lunar orbit. The outfitting of the external tank includes the adding of an engine, an electrical system, a communication system, a guidance system, an aerobraking device, and a plurality of interconnected fluid storage tanks to the hydrogen and oxygen tanks of the external tank. The external tank is then propelled to lunar orbit the first time using Earth based propellant. In lunar orbit, the storage tanks are filled with the lunar generated fluid with the remainder tank volumes filled with lunar generated liquid oxygen and hydrogen which serve as propellants for returning the tank to Earth orbit where the fluid is off-loaded. The remaining lunar generated oxygen and hydrogen is then sufficient to return the external tank to lunar orbit so that a subsequent cycle of fluid delivery is repeated. A space station in a higher Earth orbit is preferably used to outfit the external tank, and a lunar node in lunar orbit is used to store and transfer the fluid and liquid oxygen and hydrogen to the external tank. The lunar generated fluid is preferably 3He.

Off loading in LEO

Storage Facility

Some search terms for you to play with

HH Schmitt CEO of Inter Lune Inter Mars Initiative
HH Schmitt University of Wisconsin Madison Fusion Department
MIT Levitated Dipole Fusion Confinement experiment
ISRU-In Situ Resource Utilization

LUNAR AND MARTIAN FIBERGLASS AS A VERSATILE FAMILY
OF ISRU VALUE-ADDED PRODUCTS
PDF

Report on the Construction and Testing of a Bucket Wheel Excavator for use extra-terrestrially as precursor and enabling technologies for ISRU and for use as ISSE in support of longer term missions.
PDF

You will notice the document # is 6004 and 6035... they are currently in the 8000 series now

As I said no room or time in this thread nor is it the right place

[edit on 30-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Can't help myself because what you've shown me are concept proposals and you'd be well aware of how many such concepts actually end up being constructed. It's good to see the boffins are working on the most efficient means of exploiting the nearest heavenly body but how many space shuttle 2 vehicles have been outside the atmosphere to date? (or ever will be)
Not to mention the proposed self-propelled tank.

It helps to work on the possible problems before you encounter them but the last I heard was a *possible proposed* return to the moon tentatively before 2020 or thereabouts with the intention of establishing a permanent base there (accessing a source of water ice is a definite advantage in that goal). The mining machinery concept may yet see itself being used and I might even still be around to see it.

Did Gary McKinnon see a pile of dormant/abandoned conceptual proposals and assume it all to be factual, existing & in service technology?
Wouldn't be hard to fall into that trap

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If I recall his internet connection was very slow and anything he viewed took forever. How can he cause all this thousands of dollars of damages he supposedly did on a crappy connection? Furthermore, why would the government have sensitive machines connected to the internet with absolutely no security at all? They must have done this on purpose create a gag computer to entrap. Is the government dumb enough to leave computers with sensitive data wide open and connected to the world wide web? Why not they bought a bunch of garbage debt from bankers and left us holding the bag. Anything is possible.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by sean]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I'm pretty sure, that if this guy had stumbled across sensitive, earth shattering information on UFOs., the last thig the US government would want to do is make such a massive deal about it. They wouldn't want him to be turned into a hero, I think they'd just settle in case he went public with specifics.

The fact this is so public, and in the MSM tends to make me lean towards thinking this is a setup where they KNOW he has no proof or ssnsitve Info, and they know he cannot embarrass them too much,(leaving your station with no password or on is stupid but is easyily rectified).

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Gary Mckinnon, was not a stoned geek. He has aspergers Syndrome. these people tend to be very fluent in computer technology as they understand computers more than their fellow humans.

I fear for him if he does have to go to Jail in the US.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Gary Mckinnon, was not a stoned geek. He has aspergers Syndrome. these people tend to be very fluent in computer technology as they understand computers more than their fellow humans.

Do you know anyone with Asperger Syndrome? I know two off the top of my head and neither one know a darned thing about computers; in fact they need help with many aspects of using the computer. Just as many computer illiterate people do.

Perhaps you should read up on what Asperger Syndrome is before making such statements.

www.udel.edu...

< - - - Edit for Spelling - - - >

[edit on 7/30/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I know very little of AS, but i know they are uncomfortable with social situations and can in Gary Mckinnon's case who has been diagnosed with AS be more comfortable with the workings of a computer.

I understand AS effects people in many different ways. Gary obviously was very comfortable behind a computer.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by amyfriend

i like the way you think. your right, no matter what. lured or not he still broke in and did it many times. sure some things our govt hides. now if the govt found an energy source and they found out that if in the wrong hands it could cause a worldwide dissaster. well, yeh keep it in controlled hands so the ignorant dont use it to blow up the world. another note, lets say for example a bio hazzard. would you want a nut case to have the knoweledge to make a biological weapon that could kill the world. no you would not. i do believe tho that some of that knoweledge locked up in there should come out and be looked at for use if safe. not locked up because some rich tycoon does not want to go out of buisness. greeddy.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

oh man that was good , i had a good laugh on that one. garbage bank debt, anything is possible. very good point you have there . very undenyable, plauseable case you have there.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Two quick points.

1. Gary was a computer programmer so I am sure he knew how to program and use scripts. This also means he knew what he was doing when he broke into the government's computers.

2. Many companies including the military build what's called a "honey pot" into their network. This is most likely how this criminal was caught.

Honey Pot

No idea what AS had to do with this but he wasn't as good as he thought he was.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

1. Gary was a computer programmer so I am sure he knew how to program and use scripts. This also means he knew what he was doing when he broke into the government's computers.

Programming and hacking are two separate entities. I taught myself how to program at an early age but did not know anything about hacking until I was taught how to hack by my friend in high school, back in the early 90’s. There are different degrees of hacking as well; my fiend only showed me how to hack computer games, which is completely different from hacking into networks. I have since learned the basics of network hacking as well; it helps with my job of creating secure database systems. The basics behind the two are similar, but with a computer game you have time to mull around and figure code out, where as if you hack into a network, you are working against a clock where sentry programs are looking for hackers in their systems. There are more differences but these are just the basic differences.

In Gary Mckinnon's case, I think he thought he had the knowledge to hack networks, but I doubt that if the proper securities were in place that he would have gotten far at all. I am guessing that if any knowledge of hacking at all it would have been miniscule, probably hacked computer games and thought he was a system hacker, he obviously wasn’t and got caught.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

if something is locked it is locked for a reason. a hacker, is a hacker and was in where he didnt belong. that is why we have locks. we want our things secure. no matter what it is. i myself have mixed feelings on hackers. well, the intent of the hack. it is like saying your home has a lock on it to keep whats inside safe. well, if something of mine and was precious inside, i would certainly break the lock and get what was mine. if it be a person, an item or whatever. to break the lock, to hack. what was the intent.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

I do not condone hacking, in my youth I may have but now that I work for a company where it is my job to build database systems and ensure the data contained within is secure my thoughts have changed. My knowledge of hacking helps be build more secure systems, use a thief to catch a thief as it were.

I also do not condone this mans actions, whether he thinks he was being a hero or whether he made that story up after he got caught does not matter, he deserves whatever he gets.

If it seemed I was condoning hacking or this mans actions, I apologize, because I do not.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Doe he deserve any different treatment know ing he has Aspergers Syndrome.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No, he does not. A crime is a crime, a disability should not get you excused from punishment.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders
Just making a point here but calling this guy a "hacker" is not an exactly fitting term. If you look into the case a little more deeply, the administrator accounts were left with blank passwords... Now i don't know about you but i wouldn't consider that hacking, if someone left their door unlocked and somebody walked into your house would you accuse them of lock picking?

Lets not split hairs here. Hacker, criminal, law breaker, whatever you which to call him. He may not be true "hacker" but anybody that can use a computer is going to know how to copy-paste something!!!!

Yes, it may also just have been a trap. But he claims to have stumbled upon secret or hidden or classified files....If this was the case

*****print screen*****

or

***screen capture***

or

***copy***paste***

any of these would be sufficient, and he does not of a d*&m thing to show for all of these claims which leads me to believe he was doing something else entirely and using UFO stuff as a cover.

Its pretty much like claiming the race card......

but in this situation....its claiming the Nasa hiding stuff "card".

My 2 cents...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join