It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonization of the Truther's Movement by the Lapdog News Media

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

Pay attention. 9/11 Truth IS ridiculous. You get what you earned. Moon-landing deniers, round-earth deniers, Creationists, and Holocaust Deniers are ALL ridiculed for the same reason as 9/11 Deniers.

This statement is ridiculous..
Typical ad hom logical fallacy BS, as one pertinent poster to this thread put it. Again, where is your evidence, or is this all that you have? Trying to lump all truthers in with Holocaust deniers, etc... You should be ashamed of your Nazi tactics. Your tactics debunk yourself, for usually it is the name callers that have no case and have to resort to such cheap and lame tactics.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
reply to post by HothSnake

The bottom line is that you guys are coming up on the eighth anniversary of the event while still complaining that 'something just isn't right'. If something really wasn't right, don't you think that the public with something more than a high school education would've risen up and joined you in your righteous crusade?

Not at all.... The Government leviathan is vast, and has many tentacles with which to keep the populace at bay. Most are content to watch their football or their American Idol, to just about anything that goes on around them. The longer we get from those events, the more vague the populace memory, and the more the anger and shock subsides. Eight years later and it barely seems like it happened. You have to remember that the American people are very well drugged and propagandized into conformity with the Governments Psyops willed designs. You also have to remember that it was nearly four years after said events that any significant truth movement was started. Til then is mostly government Koolaid.

How many years has it been since the JFK assassination? Most are pretty well convinced that something funny was going on there, yet no one does anything about it. The fact is that we are too dumb, docile, apathetic, drugged, and afraid to act on anything. I imagine that if the government came out tomorrow and admitted everything, nothing would change all that much. Most would just go about living their lives..... Most are drugged that much that they care that little.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I wonder who ATS's resident Q groupers are?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

The bottom line is that you guys are coming up on the eighth anniversary of the event while still complaining that 'something just isn't right'. If something really wasn't right, don't you think that the public with something more than a high school education would've risen up and joined you in your righteous crusade?

Not at all.... The Government leviathan is vast, and has many tentacles with which to keep the populace at bay. Most are content to watch their football or their American Idol, to just about anything that goes on around them.

Maybe the reason that 9/11 'truth' has no appeal for them is that for anyone with something approaching or exceeding a high school understanding of physic s, 9/11 'truth' lacks resonance....lacks logic.....lacks a high school understanding of physics.

Don't blame your shortcomings on American Idol. When the mainstream media passes even a cursory mention of 9/11 'truth', you swoon like a 13-year-old girl.

The longer we get from those events, the more vague the populace memory, and the more the anger and shock subsides. Eight years later and it barely seems like it happened.

And even in the heady days shortly thereafter, 9/11 'truth' didn't have traction. Truth has traction. Truth holds out over the long term. But 'truth' is a momentary aberration. 'truth' is an embarrassment over the long haul. It's sort of like proclaiming loudly and proudly in public that you believe that the Earth is flat.

You have to remember that the American people are very well drugged and propagandized into conformity with the Governments Psyops willed designs. You also have to remember that it was nearly four years after said events that any significant truth movement was started. Til then is mostly government Koolaid.

Oy vey! Blame your shortcomings on everyone else.

If 'truth' was so obvious, such a given, why are 'truthers' such a paltry percentage of the population? If it's that obvious, the great unwashed are going to rise up and rebel. But it isn't. It's the creation of those with nothing better to do and tenuous grasp on the real world. Quite blaming the 'media' as if watching "Friends" explains why there isn't a worldwide revolt.

How many years has it been since the JFK assassination? Most are pretty well convinced that something funny was going on there, yet no one does anything about it. The fact is that we are too dumb, docile, apathetic, drugged, and afraid to act on anything.

Gotta a worthwhile link to support your assertion? You know, something better than Alex or David?

I imagine that if the government came out tomorrow and admitted everything, nothing would change all that much. Most would just go about living their lives..... Most are drugged that much that they care that little.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Anyhow, I fully debunked the so-called "debunkers movement" on a thread from a few years ago. You can educate yourself there... I don't really have the time to go over it all again, but the REAL smoking gun question that I asked was never sufficiently answered then, and still isn't as of today...

thread

Now, the debunkers were trounced in this thread by the truthers in that they failed to answer a very simple question, and to this day still haven't answered this question: How did two relatively small Jet fuel fires cause nearly simultaneous catostrophic failure, throughout two giant construction-grade steel, concrete reinforced structures in the same place on the same day, and then cause a third structure (building 7) to collapse at nearly freefall rate of speed in the same place on the same day? Was there fairy dust involved?

The debunkers always came with the same tactics:

a.) quote government sources NIST, 9-11 Commission, etc... Both found wholey inadequate and found to not even begin to answer the above question.

b.) quote government funded sources, such as MIT, which totally contradicted point a.).

c.) spend all of their time trying to debunk fringe theories and issues, such as thermite, squibs, etc., while ignoring my smoking-gun question above, thus in their logical fallacy laiden minds, if they debunk one or two fringe theories or issues, then they are totally right about everything. Just because you may have successfully debunked one piece of evidence, doesn't mean that it is all wrong. You can't throw the baby out with the bath water, not that they debunked anything.... see d. below...

d.) provide alternative explanations of fringe evidence within the truthers movement, while ignoring the totalality of evidence, i.e., one issue may have an alternative explanation by itself, but when viewed as a whole within the totality framework of truther evidence is most likely a part of it.

e.) resort to ad hom logical fallacy and circular reasoning, while providing zero evidence to support such behavior.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by HothSnake]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Debunked the debunkers, eh? Paddling around in the shallow end of the gene pool doesn't amount to debunking. The simple fact is that the 'truth' movement is based on a thin core of misunderstanding of long-understood physics. Like from Newton's day long-understood physics.

That the vast majority of 'truthers' are able to satisfy their curiosity with a 'something doesn't look right in a YouTube video' speaks more to their shortcomings than any perceived shortcomings in the video.

Enjoy your self-perceived sense of superiority; it won't be supported by reality nor shared by anyone with a scintilla of common sense. But it isn't common sense you're looking for; it's uncommon antagonism to the status quo that drives you and your ilk.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If 'truth' was so obvious, such a given, why are 'truthers' such a paltry percentage of the population? If it's that obvious, the great unwashed are going to rise up and rebel. But it isn't. It's the creation of those with nothing better to do and tenuous grasp on the real world. Quite blaming the 'media' as if watching "Friends" explains why there isn't a worldwide revolt.

Why were the anti-Nazis such a paltry percentage of the population within Nazi Germany? Why don't we ever learn from our history books, even though they are very incomplete and totally edited?

[Maybe the reason that 9/11 'truth' has no appeal for them is that for anyone with something approaching or exceeding a high school understanding of physic s, 9/11 'truth' lacks resonance....lacks logic.....lacks a high school understanding of physics.

Don't blame your shortcomings on American Idol. When the mainstream media passes even a cursory mention of 9/11 'truth', you swoon like a 13-year-old girl.

Can you prove that ad hom?

It's much like the gladitorial games in Roman times.. The populace is so easily distracted by the circuses (American Idol,) and kept so busy working three jobs, picking up the kids at daycare, and going to soccer practice to ever have the time or energy to question or fight the government. You have to admit, it's brilliant. You can literally get away with all kinds of murder, fraud, and deceipt, and we're all to drugged, tired and scared to give a crap. Have you ever cracked a history book?

And even in the heady days shortly thereafter, 9/11 'truth' didn't have traction. Truth has traction. Truth holds out over the long term. But 'truth' is a momentary aberration. 'truth' is an embarrassment over the long haul. It's sort of like proclaiming loudly and proudly in public that you believe that the Earth is flat.

There wasn't a truth movement in those days, mostly just government Koolaid beaten into our skulls 24 seven.

You know nothing of the truth... The truth is often buried beneath a mountain of lies, and often takes a mountain of effort to uncover, in the midst of a mountain of ridicule, vitriol, hatred, and great peril to ones life. Most just don't have the stomach for it. "Ignorance is blis' tis folly to be wise."

Oy vey! Blame your shortcomings on everyone else.

Again, you've failed to show me a single shortcoming. I'm afraid that name calling just isn't admissable in any court of law.

Gotta a worthwhile link to support your assertion? You know, something better than Alex or David?

Sure, the video below is the best documentary treatment that I've seen on the subject.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Google Video Link

Video Link

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Debunked the debunkers, eh? Paddling around in the shallow end of the gene pool doesn't amount to debunking. The simple fact is that the 'truth' movement is based on a thin core of misunderstanding of long-understood physics. Like from Newton's day long-understood physics.

By any cursory treatment of said subject, you have debunked yourself. Just use your eyes and do the math, and then get back with me.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Since this is a thread about the media's treatment of 9-11, let's get back on topic, shall we?

This is what we heard on every network, on ever radio station, and what we read in every newspaper, following 9-11:

"Bin Laden did it! Bin Laden did it! Bin Laden did it! We have no evidence at all that a rag head in a remote cave somewhere in Afghanistan on a dialysis machine could have possibly master minded this very intricate attack that involved the complete stand down of NORAD, the total collapse of our intelligence aparatus, etc., and a myriad of other complicated occurrances, but Bin Laden did it!"

There were no questions, no evidence, and no deviation. They all said it at precisely the same time, within minutes of the attack, and with perfect lock-step conformity. Not even a whimper of investigative journalism or decension from the BS official story. They read their scripts as they were given them, and without question on what was the largest attack on continental US soil. They used the exact same words, descriptions, etc., as if they were doing what they always do... read talking points not written by them. Doesn't that strike you at least a little bit odd? Isn't that precisely what they are doing now with the Truthers movement? They have their scripts that have been handed to them and they use the same by-lines, etc., i.e., talking points?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The truther movement has to grab any free airtime to the mainstream public because it is denied that right at all costs. If the governement and media were not afraid of the contrasting theory of the 9/11 inside job movement, then there would be no problem airing their alternate views through truther skeptics to the official story. In any other area where there is an alternate view or debate on a high profile subject, the media covers both sides 100% everytime. Why do you think they are so scared to cover it on this one subject alone? It's laughable.

Considering CNN in their survey asking what percent of americans believed that 911 was an inside job along with Charlie Sheen, the survey cam out showing 84% of americans believed it to be an inside job or a government cover-up. Now with that many americans believing this, how can the media possibly still attempt a black out unless they are covering for the government? It's laughable to the extent of being just plain disgusting.

I love my country America, and our constitution (pre 911 before Americans were raped of their civil liberties), but our government and media have betrayed us in every sense and it is quite obvious.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by prepare4it777]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Why were the anti-Nazis such a paltry percentage of the population within Nazi Germany?

You aren't Tom Cruise and this isn't Valkyrie. 'truthers' have yet to trump Newtonian physics despite the naysaying of a couple of ne'er do wells living off the avails

It's much like the gladitorial games in Roman times.. The populace is so easily distracted by the circuses (American Idol,) and kept so busy working three jobs, picking up the kids at daycare, and going to soccer practice to ever have the time or energy to question or fight the government.

Save for the fact that parents have been doing that sort of stuff for decades and somehow have managed to bring about civil rights and women's rights and so on. But I guess this generation of parents is especially busy.

Riiiiiight!

You have to admit, it's brilliant. You can literally get away with all kinds of murder, fraud, and deceipt, and we're all to drugged, tired and scared to give a crap. Have you ever cracked a history book?

Frequently although I suspect you're the one more likely to repeat history.

You know nothing of the truth... The truth is often buried beneath a mountain of lies, and often takes a mountain of effort to uncover, in the midst of a mountain of ridicule, vitriol, hatred, and great peril to ones life. Most just don't have the stomach for it. "Ignorance is blis' tis folly to be wise."

The primary source of vitriol and hatred on this matter emanates from the 'truther' side of the equation. 'truthers' want to believe in common sense except when common sense is at odds with them. Then common sense is deluded by "American Idol" and other geegaws. Talk about cherrypicking and moving the goalposts.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by jthomas

It's always interesting to watch 9/11 Truthers try to pin the blame for their own failures on the media and the government. Lets review the facts

Where else would we lay blame? Where it doesn't belong? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that the government was behind 9-11 and not some rag head in a gave on his dialysis machine. Who else controls the media? Haven't you ever noticed that they are all in lockstep conformity? They all seem to have the same talking points... I wonder who writes them?

(snip)

I never thought I would thank someone like HothSnake for stepping up to the plate and offering his own thinking and beliefs as the perfect example illustrating my points above.

I trust Hazelnut has taken due note and is reflecting accordingly.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Sorry but I would not side with you people, you are telling the OP that he needs to separate himself from us but I really think its you that needs to get lost, I have seen those kids raise money to pay heating bills for first responders who had no other help, instead of sitting there with a cheese eating grin on your face as each new revelation comes out perhaps you could do something to help those of us who cant even work anymore.

I know that kissing up to the government makes you feel good on the inside but people like you really make me sick, its your kind that said James Zadroga died because he was a junkie.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Anyhow, I fully debunked the so-called "debunkers movement" on a thread from a few years ago. You can educate yourself there... I don't really have the time to go over it all again, but the REAL smoking gun question that I asked was never sufficiently answered then, and still isn't as of today...

thread

Now, the debunkers were trounced in this thread by the truthers in that they failed to answer a very simple question, and to this day still haven't answered this question: How did two relatively small Jet fuel fires cause nearly simultaneous catostrophic failure, throughout two giant construction-grade steel, concrete reinforced structures in the same place on the same day, and then cause a third structure (building 7) to collapse at nearly freefall rate of speed in the same place on the same day? Was there fairy dust involved?

Whatever fairy dust is around is raining on you, my friend.

I think anyone interested enough to go back to your thread noted that you were easily debunked early on by Captain Obvious and you summarily dismissed it.

That is probably the reason - and an excellent reason at that - no one has paid attention to your claims since.

But, even without reference to that thread, just what you have written above is laughable. Do you actually wonder why no one would bother to refute your misrepresentation of what actually happened, HothSnake?

I mean, how is it possible for you to get it SO wrong?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Save for the fact that parents have been doing that sort of stuff for decades and somehow have managed to bring about civil rights and women's rights and so on. But I guess this generation of parents is especially busy.

Riiiiiight!

Those movements, like every other major social movement, were infact psyops experients performed by the government on the unsuspecting masses. Such large social movements don't just happen by accident. They are planned, premoted, financed by deep pockets, and propelled by the major media propaganda outlets. For instance, one of the Rockefeller brats told Aaron Russo that the Women's lib movement was a movement to get women into the work force so that the government could collect more taxes and break-up the family unit. Like the French revolution and the Bolshivec Revolution, these huge social mechanisms need money and organization, where do you think it comes from? Nothing happens by accident. Again, we find government manipulation every where you turn.

Yes, infact, people are busier today than ever before, working harder for an ever more devalued (by our government) currency, which has lost 94 percent of its value since 1913, thus we are working harder for far less. Hence, in the 50's one income could typically support the average American family as Mom was able to stay home with the kids, and still have a nice house, a tv, and a nice car. Compare that to today, where the average family can't make it on three incomes. Thanks be to our wonderful government. Things were far more laid back in past decades, when compared to the rat race of today.

The primary source of vitriol and hatred on this matter emanates from the 'truther' side of the equation. 'truthers' want to believe in common sense except when common sense is at odds with them. Then common sense is deluded by "American Idol" and other geegaws. Talk about cherrypicking and moving the goalposts.

Really? You wouldn't know that by watching the news media brow beat us on a regular basis, while advocating death camps for us.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

And yet still you are unable to show where I am wrong. Like your counterpart Tommyboy, you can only level ad hom logical fallacy. Please, bubba, come up with something different. For your debunker's movement's sake.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Really? You wouldn't know that by watching the news media brow beat us on a regular basis, while advocating death camps for us.

The media's too busy playing "American Idol" and "Dr. Phil" to pay attention to you guys, right? The news media gives the 'truth' movement about as much air time it's worth.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

No. They don't give any airtime because they are afraid of the american public learning the truth. Controvercy creates ratings for any news organization. This major controvercy would create huge ratings among the American people. If you do not think so just take a look at the controvercy it creates just in this forum which is basically non existent to the majority of the public. The only reason they would not be showing this is because they were told not to. Anyone who believes different is just plain blind.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hothsnake, It's not what YOU like, it's the Consumer..

I will Illustrate in a clip that you might understand:

The consumer said adios to the truth movement in 2006.. no need for poorly rated redundancy.

We have all seen the snakes and sparklers.. The consensus is unimpressed.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Taxi-Driver]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join