It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd lights on Ottawa River spur search

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by venividivici

I simply said it has consistencies like Shag Harbor, which it does--I am sorry if you don't like to hear that.

Other than an object falling into the water and authorities being involved in a search (very brief). What consistancies?

It didn't glow!
it didn't move under water.
It wasn't seen underwater.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

probably a boom of hitting the water or the ground
I would imagine that a very hot object hitting colder water could create a boom

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well let's see........Multiple witness reports of a light with little or no shape moving erratically in the sky then falling into the water........

Official search of the area that turns up nothing.........

Recent UFO(again, UFO does not mean alien) reports in the area...........

No missing aircraft or falling space debris noted by space agencies..........

Officials at a loss to explain what happened when it is obvious something hit the water.........

No there is no reports of yellow foam, a secret search, the object moving 30 miles northeast. I simply said it has consistencies like Shag Harbor, not that it was exactly like Shag Harbor.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, you could call the filtration plant. They probably have security cams.

There is the
Club de Golf Rivermead
Club de Golf Chaudiere
Lemieux Island

Laroche Park
Parc des Portageurs
The University of Quebec/ L'Universite du Quebec (Alexandre Tache Pavillion)
Westboro Beach
Champlain Bridge and Parking lot
The Britannia Conservation Area
-Britannia Point is apparently raised up and has an excellent vantage point. If there are camera in this area, I bet they'd be excellent.

If there is traffic cams on le Boulevard De Lucerne or Rue De Lucerne or the Ottawa River Parkway, they possible might have caught it.

Gas Stations in the nearby area -
Macewan Petroleum 613-820-5796
Esso Couch Tard Magasin #610 819-776-5132
Leone's Service Centre 613-728-7088
Shell Canada Ltee 819-776-5700

Here's one that probably won't cooperate but hey I'll mention it anyway -
The Ottawa Rockcliffe Airport, and The Canadian Forces Base for Ottawa North are just up the river and you may be able to get a view from Parliament Hill. Wonder if anyone's looked at their security cams yet.

(I'll point out the one thing now that no one has thought of. The reason for the rapid reponse from the various services about a potential low flying plane going awry near the Federal Parliament .... terrorism is going to be on their list of concerns.)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

When the meteor that was a big green fire ball hit in the prairies this winter, it wasn't on the space agencies "radar" either.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
seems like a waste of time trying to convince people to stop being curious and accept what the media says or some guy on a computer tells us he saw and knows for sure. have to look at all angles to come to a decisive conclusion as to what it was. nobody asked you personally to spend your time investigating this. seems strange that you are so concerned with how other people spend their time and i'm pretty sure no one else has declared definitively what it was. i for one am happy these guys are looking further into this

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Sure, there are MANY NEO's that aren't detected, lucky for us so far none that have hit have been large. I am totally open to the meteor possibility, that seems to be the most logical conclusion here, rather than an alien space craft. So until any more news comes to light about what did crash I am going to have to consider the object as a meteor until proven otherwise.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I will ask Accuroman to locate the exact spot.
He found it on Google maps as he was searching to see if he could identify any of the buildings.
We would have to go in person by the looks of it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Yes. That makes alot of sense.

It just occured to me that if this meteor had splashed down up river of the water purification plant would any chemical or radiological elements that show above normal be detected by the filters ? They filter down to the nanogram per Litre = part per trillion (ppt)

For example. If iron were detected way above norm, would that be evidence of a meteor?

2008 PDF report
www.ottawa.ca...

edit to change element

[edit on 29-7-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I agree it could be a meteor but the thought of no Astronomers or meteorologists claiming meteor has me going and because i have seen a ufo over the river REALLY has me going.
I don't want to stop til I get answers...whatever the answers are.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Aeons

Sure, there are MANY NEO's that aren't detected, lucky for us so far none that have hit have been large. I am totally open to the meteor possibility, that seems to be the most logical conclusion here, rather than an alien space craft. So until any more news comes to light about what did crash I am going to have to consider the object as a meteor until proven otherwise.

The only problem with the meteor one is that they usually do streak for many many kilometers, so there is a very wide viewing area. This is NOT a remote area. We are talking about an area that is LITERALLY right in the middle of a city.

If you have a meteor/ite coming in at that steep an angle....I'd be very concerned about what that means about its velocity and where it is came from in space.

[edit on 2009/7/29 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Still loving the fireworks explaination. Like everyone and the dog hasn't seen fireworks, and no one but one one in Hull EVER has seen individual fireworks being used! Those bumpkins!

I saw on another board someone quoting a OPI (police) report from the area where they concluded it was probably a home made bomb.

If a home made bomb was tested that close the Federal Parliament, and it made a big enough boom/light that that many people observed it.....I think that perhaps the OPI easy dismissal is perhaps a bit premature. Irresponsibly so even.

link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Hi Drums, thanks for that footage. I used to live in Hull. Could you precisely locate that entrance on a map? That there would be a bunker in the Gatineau Park is not surprising; there are probably several. Remember that the PM has a summer residence there (Meach Lake?). I'm pretty sure the Governor General also has one. Several other high political figures and private figures also have residences there, so it's not surprising that they would have bunkers over there.

Anyway, if you can locate it precisely, we might be able to figure it out.

Thanks!

link   
found traffic cams in ottawa link
traffic.ottawa.ca...

just live feeds...

emailed them, we'll see

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

awesome.
I somehow missed this post earlier aeons

I'll see what I can find...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ask yourselves this - if it was a homemade bomb that fit the description of this one and it was exploded this close to the White House.....do you think that there would be a quiet little innocuous "no harm - closed case" filed?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Further to Aeons' suggestions of where to look:

Nothing yet. I'm still waiting for a response from the traffic cam people.
The parlaiment hill webcam is "down"
most of the other places you mention don't have cams
still looking though...

not gonna phone anyone unless i have to, charges....

anyone in ottawa want to make a few calls? if yer nervous interviewing people I can give you a few tips...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Do meteors move erratically in the sky i was under the impression that they just streaked down not moved erratically i could be wrong but that's what i thought.

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
www.ottawasun.com...

article suggests that it's just junk under that water
and that there has been a "torrent" of speculation
that it's unlikely that it's a ufo
that the water is too murky, high and swift for diving to be safe and quotes an OP officer as saying "the last thing we want is a diver down there."

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Agreed, but it still is more likely than an alien spaceship. It is unknown truly, but I just think that a meteor fits better than anything else at this point-given the evidence.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join