It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monolith on Mars? Interesting image

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Maybe that monolith is some stone like the Georgia Guidestones.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Maybe the monoliths on Phobos and Mars indicate they are from the same geological formation. Ever thought Phobos and Demos could have been blasted out of Mars by some large impact? There's a huge scar mark near Mars' equator.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/d8b99388f99fae80.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-7-2009 by lostinspace]

Edit spelling.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by lostinspace]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It has not been to long ago those lines of dunes were being called "glassy tubes" and were supposed to be proof of something. It was insisted they were translucent. Now we have good photo's where are the apologies?

Its a rock. Mars has gravity, an atmosphere, wind and seasonal changes. Hillsides weather and rocks roll downhill. Rocks weather into sand, wind creates rows of dunes. Its all part of the natural process.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
could be what destroyed life on mars lol, or maybe even a doorway. just some random spec, but its definitely awesome,makes me think of 2001 space odyssey

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
the ops picture looks like it might be a solar panel sticking out of the ground thet fell to mars from any of the failed missons that were sent there.just a guess though no hard evidenceto back this up. snf for the pic

[edit on 25-7-2009 by notsoobvious]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i like the idea of alien life out there just like anyone else ... but all these threads about monoliths on moon and mars ... come on! even on earth are rocks that look like "aliens" put 'em here: www.phoenix.de...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

You know? as much as I believe in this stuff... as much as I look to the skies and all that. I have to say this is CGI. If you look at the shadows of the surrounding rocks. they face south west. then look at the so called monolith, it faces northeast.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mulderscully
i like the idea of alien life out there just like anyone else ... but all these threads about monoliths on moon and mars ... come on! even on earth are rocks that look like "aliens" put 'em here: www.phoenix.de...

okay mate.. you have the right idea but the wrong example. THe rock you show clearly indicates wind and water erosion over millenia. They appear naturally carved. Wind and water cannot and do not, nor will they ever naturally create unnatural shapes. They have no pattern from which to create spheres, and perfect triangles where the terrain does not permit natural placement of said object. In short, the objects we are referring to are artificial. These shapes do not occur in nature. Nature is pure chaos at its most beautiful. These monoliths are signs of intelligence, and order. two things NOT found in nature. its tantamount to telling a child with downs syndrome to solve problems in tensur algebra and sincerely expecting a correct proof, or result. These things don't happen.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13arrows
could be what destroyed life on mars lol, or maybe even a doorway. just some random spec, but its definitely awesome,makes me think of 2001 space odyssey
I WAS SO GOING TO SAY THAT but I didnt.. I figured.. no.. I shouldnt but YOU DID!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Now that attention to this has focused everyone on Mars, is this playing into the hands of NASA and the idea of going to Mars and not the moon? I just can't figure why we would not want to go to the much closer rock that would be an easier and safer place to get our feet wet in rock hopping. With Bush wanting Mars and then we hear that the moon is a target again, now this to focus public attention back on Mars. With all this stuff of cover-up and UFOs, you tend to not trust those pulling the strings. Hey, Mars is cool, there is a lot of curious stuff there to check out but you know NASA, they probably land their asses out of some isolated field of rocks and dust, miles from anything interesting. After a while of hanging around here, you don't know what to believe anymore. Faith, trust, man that crap is shattered.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
looks like an obelisk to me... I wouldnt think it was natural..being the stone around it has eroded much more.. the only way i believe it was natural is if it was part of a magma flow, consisting of harder elements coming to surface in the past... before the softer soil blew away

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Nice Find! That's definately an object of interest. Was Kubrick on to something?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

You said: These shapes do not occur in nature. Nature is pure chaos at its most beautiful."

You are joking, right? You've never seen photos of the many perfectly pentagonal basalt columns of the Giant's Causeway at Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland? These are natural formations and yet anything but "pure chaos". There are many similarly nonchaotic naturally formed structures found in nature. Take care what you say lest you lose credibility with such careless assertions.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
That's just the new Trump Towers highrise condos....set to open in 2020

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I could not find the coord. on the source site but here is another picture courtesy of Lunar Explorer Italia .(Yes they have some GREAT pictures on there
)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cb1cd310211.jpg[/atsimg]

Now I am thinking that indeed the OPs pics and mine are the same, but I could be wrong. I will see what I can find out on this.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
I could only find the biggest image size at about 620mb from the link you referenced to. Could you please refer me to the 2Gb image?

Also... what kind of program do I need to view the images, a jp2 viewer

I tried to download a third party jp2 viewer but it didn't work.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill Now to sit back and let the expert have a bite at it :

What experts? There are qualified anomaly experts on ATS

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by ArMaP
Also... what kind of program do I need to view the images, a jp2 viewer

I tried to download a third party jp2 viewer but it didn't work.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by star in a jar]

Try this link than star in a jar.

Originally posted by Zelong
reply to post by super70

Interesting super70,something larger to the right as well.

Actual link. IAS Web Start Viewer 3.1.2 accept the download of Viewer 3.1.2 and the .JP2 will load.

Zelong.

Zelong.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Also you can go here and not worry about the download:
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Bit the 2mb download is WELL worth it IMO.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfmanJ

I was thinking the same thing. The year that movie was made is indicative of the genius that was Stanley Kubrick. The Space Race was in it's infancy and computers no more powerful than a wrist watch were the size of warehouses. Yet he asked the right questions and put together a masterpiece. We should monitor Jupiter for signs of more monoliths near the "eye". When that happens we get another sun.

Probably rock formations. But damn they are interesting considering the above reference. Maybe our detection of them means that man kind is about to undergoe major evolution and advancement. Maybe there's one on the backside of the moon?

Deez

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join