It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monolith on Mars? Interesting image

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
In relation to the object on Phobos that jkrog08 displayed in his post, here is a bizarre coincidence. Buzz Aldrin seems to be talking about the very same object on this C-SPAN interview.

YouTube link

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

This is the second time you have chimed in with nonsense nerbot.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread, why bother making a post?

You say the picture is a fake or a hoax, but you cannot be bothered to visit the source for the original image to verify whether or not the OP has PShopped it or whatever?!

The OP even went to the trouble of pointing out exactly where the original image came from, which you or i or anyone can download for themselves to prove whether or not the OP has manipulated it, but no...too much effort to go to a website and download it eh? Far easier to just rubbish the image and the OP in a meaningless troll like manner.

Great post OP!

I'm not one to jump on the band wagon when it comes to 'anomalies', although the thought of finding something artificial from long ago fascinates me.

I have to say though, that this one looks to be a good one.

If you were to place a monumental edifice on Earth, that was meant as a memorial to a dying race, or as a marker to point out a direction in space, or simply as a kind of informational 'art'. Where would you place it?

Would you place it amongst natural prominences that look somewhat similar to your 'monument' from space? Or would you find a nice empty, flat area where any large object would be immediately visible for all potential visitors to notice easily?

This object is in the 'right' place. It looks very different to it's surroundings, and it's shape is reminding me of a huge plaque or headstone. I would imagine if it IS artificial, it will have some carvings or symbols or other information embedded on it's surfaces.

Very interesting find.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Martindoolittle

Yup Awesome 'coincidence'

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Just a comment on its shape rather than a size.

It stands out more than anything else around it as if this object was and may be still is subjected to a different physical force (natural or intelligent). The size of the shadow implies that it is too tall to be considered ordinary.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
One should take into account that NASA has never denied any claims of extra-terrestrial life or UFOs, they even admitted that the face on mars was a mystery, until later on we discovered it was actually just a mountain formation, i trust NASA with 70% of their information, the other 30% i doubt is to do with extra-terrestrials.
The pyramids could be sand dunes you never know, but when an object of this architecture is seen, you can't deny that it is made without a non-manipulative sentient agency.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nooker
The pyramids could be sand dunes you never know, but when an object of this architecture is seen, you can't deny that it is made without a non-manipulative sentient agency.

How so?

You are a rock expert?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
nevermind , mods delete this post please

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Thill]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
That could be anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevesResearch
That could be anything.

That caption could describe almost every photo or video posted on this site. So, why bother saying it?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

I think that for it not to fall it does not need a large part of it to be buried, it is only needed that the weight of the part that is above the ground to be less than the weight of the soil that had to be moved for it to fall.

See it as a lever; if the slab of rock (if that is what that thing is) was supported at its middle it would stay horizontal, but if we put the weight of some cubic metres of soil over one side then it will tilt, and even if we push some of it from beneath the ground, if the weight of the soil over the buried part is still bigger than the weight of the unburied part then it will not move.

I hope this somewhat garbled explanation was clear enough, sorry if it was not.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Why do you say that?

I don't see any shadow pointing in a different direction, could you point me to at least one that is pointing to the opposite direction, like you say?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

You can also use kdu_show, from Kakadu Software (not for commercial use) or, if you have Photoshop, a plug-in that comes with it but it's not installed by default and has to be installed manually.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
As an example of how rocks, even if they are not created in geometric shapes, can break in geometric shapes (that is what I think happened in this case), look at this image.

I think that one of the layers that we see above the monolith is breaking down is slab-like pieces, like the ones we can see on the above photo, and those pieces fall down and get stuck (some) in the ground bellow.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
100% legitimate images above.

Press Conference 2001 Naval Chief Astronomer for the Naval Observatory Tom Van Flandern.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Originally posted by StevesResearch
That could be anything.

That caption could describe almost every photo or video posted on this site. So, why bother saying it?

Why bother saying it? Because I felt like it that's why.

Most of the images and video on this site are open to interpretation. We have no way of knowing what this object is, we can only speculate. This could be a rock for all we know, hardly conclusive.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by StevesResearch]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Seems as if those tall features are rather common.
I found a few other similar structures in this file: PSP_009356_1835_RED.QLOOK.JP2
There is a very interesting structure on the upper right of the image. Looks like a buried surfing board.

(right click view image for the original size)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f71c229d814.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Good point, well presented!!

I have to agree

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

You know, if there had been a natural formation on Mars that resembled Michael Jackson or Elvis, it would get more media attention than the second coming.

But something real? Something unique like your Mars monolith? Not a chance. Both we (as a society) and our bloated-to-comfort media are just too well trained for that sort of thing.

Another instance, Buzz Aldrin, speaking recently on the deck of the USS Hornet on the anniversary of the Apollo 11 splashdown, said that there was a monolith on the Martian moon, Phobos. He said that aliens had put it there. The attending media froze up, not knowing what to do until he, Aldrin, smiled. They then assumed it was a joke... which was a relief because they would have been lost without a clue or a cause if he had left them to ponder what to do next.

The story mentioned above is located here:
Thousands see astronaut Buzz Aldrin on Hornet

Quoting: ""I'm gonna reveal a secret to you," he told reporters. "There's a monolith on (Mars' moon) Phobos. It's about 15 meters high. And aliens put it there before they came to Egypt to build the pyramids."

It's almost depressing at times.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

It stands out more than anything else around it as if this object was and may be still is subjected to a different physical force (natural or intelligent). The size of the shadow implies that it is too tall to be considered ordinary.

That's what I thought when I saw the very first image. It looks rectangular and stands out from the surrounding area and the shadow seems to indicate that its very tall.

But when you see the zoomed out image (the whole area), its really buried in sand, so only some part of it is sticking out. Rest of the rock could be of any shape, we see only a rectangular exposed part.

Dust storms have deposited sand on it, so its not out of place, just appears so. There are many similar rocks laying around.

It also lies on a slope (thing you miss if you only see a zoomed in version), so even a small rock will cast a long shadow, if the shadow is on a slope. So IMHO its not so tall actually.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join