It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of "Conspiracy Theory"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi!

I don't agree with the OPs theory (because that's what it is), but I do agree that there is a darkside! Not to conspiracy-theories but to something else...

Geladinhu pointed it out! What do you (conspiracy-theorists) gain by sharing? Why does everyone want to wake people up?
Why?!?!?
Because they cannot face reality by themselves! They (You) want help. You don't want to take the responsibility by yourself! You want someone else (Alex Jones) to do it for you. You don't want to stand up for your rights. You don't want to risk your health or even your rights or even your reputation! And THAT'S where the root problem of even this thread lies.

You (Sky) rant about how bad (dis)info is and how bad things can be done with (dis)info. Like indoctrinating you, to saw fear and hatred, etc.
But that is not the fault of the (dis)info or the people who spread it.
Those who DO bad things because of it are the ones who are guilty. NOT the ones decieving them. I know this does not fit in your "I need bad boys to point my finger at"- scheme of life, but like they say the truth hurts.
NO ONE can TAKE your personal responsibility! You can only GIVE IT AWAY! No matter how opressed you are treated!
And just like you (Sky) everyone (people of the modern world) is begging to be taken responsibility from by wanting to be protected from disinfo, terrorists, "bad things" on the internet, burglars, angry neighbors, embarresment, shame, pain, anger, grief, etc,etc,etc.....
And someone WILL take this responsibility from you (people) and you become a slave and you DESERVE IT and it is RIGHTFULL!

The people now-a-days don't want to live anymore. They want to become allways-happy-zombies! And this wish shall be granted!

Bottom-line: It lies ENTIRELY in your responsibility to handle information! By creating this thread you tried to give ths responsibility away. You wanted others to acknowledge and agree with your opinion so you have an excuse for your mind that you are "right". You want to be protected from beeing wrong. Your whole post screams of it!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
So if the government is so damn evil,

why do you have food to eat?

why do you have shelter?

why do you have internet-access?

why do you have the freedom to write anything you want here?

why do you have clothes?

why do you survive an average of 100 years?

There are plenty of countries in which these things are no given.

Well I have some answers to for you!!!

Hmm, in answer to those questions, this has nothing to do with the government, even here in the UK which is well known for its most generous hand outs! These things aren't provided by the gov but by the tax payer!!
There woundn't even be a gov if the tax payer didn't support it offcourse. But personally and like many others I provide these things for me, through my hard work! These privilages of socail security which you are referring to, were fought for by people in the west and the so called most developed nations demanding these rights in the first place and they weren't easily won! (and all that came about as a result of industrialization, people who were otherwise self sufficient were forced by there landlords to go an work in the towns and citys)

Contrary to to your opinion, which I have to say I find most annoying coming from you, who I thought was smarter than that, is this idea you suddenly make out like are govs are our benefactors! When infact they are just elected officials that have to be kept in check by us the people at every possible opportunity! Unless, as so often happens they become corrupt! As most often happens!
Yes there are plenty of countries in which these basic needs are so much harder to come by, and that just proves the fact that whatever powers are in place, they are not to eager to help out the general population which is maent to support it!
Just take a brief look at history to see how poeple have been controlled and manipluted by the select few (mafia) who consider themselves our rulers.

Annother argument against what you say here is that we need these very basic things to live, but yet we still have to provide for those in control. Much like the animals we have domesticated, their basic needs we must provide for them. i.e food, shelter basic needs, are we much different from domesticated animals?

In addition the earth provides all of our needs in however basic a level that may be, (not the govs, bankers or any given group seeking to control and maniplutate us to there own ends!) Personnaly I woudn't mind living as part of some long lost tribe with just the basic things needed to survive on, I think the balance has been lost in modern life and modern lifestyles are doomed sooner or later by the sheer amount of crap we waste and this crazy idea of growth needed to keep the economy (machine) running!

p.s your average age of 100 years life span is way off, this doesn't help your argument much with said percentages about cst!

A better way to look at this whole subject is to say simply, don't question everything, just question that which makes no [snip] sense!'

removed censor circumvention

[edit on 27/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What I find most interesting about this thread is the distinct derailment that has pushed the Op away from the discovery of the deeper aspects to the darker side of conspiracy and instead is keeping it on the defensive, the mundane level of the incredible heights it can soar to.

Sky is if nothing else honest to a fault, and non judgemental as any I have met here.

He/she is simply opening a much necessary thread about the same thing that is happening to this thread, interesting.

I realize it goes much deeper but that is what I have tuned into, lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zolom

Although I agree with much of what you say I have to defend Sky, I do not see it at all as you, and have followed every word since the OP.

Do you have a bone to pick with Sky?

Whats 'your' part of this rant that you are putting off on sky rather than seeing it in yourself and walking your talk?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Because I care about truth I am now an absolutist?

No, lets quit stereotyping each other

All Im saying is that relativism can be abused and exaggerated to distort facts.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zolom
You (Sky) rant about how bad (dis)info is and how bad things can be done with (dis)info. Like indoctrinating you, to saw fear and hatred, etc.

Much of conspiracy-theory has been hijacked by extremists, propaganda-artists and entertainers who are not interested in reliable journalism.

So the intent was to point out how much of this sows fear and hatred.

You simply turn it around to say that I am the one sowing fear and hatred. My response to that would be: Being critical is not nearly as intense as hatred.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

And what I am saying is that everything can be exaggerated to distort facts.
You are just using any excuse to prove your point and unable people that can say otherwise, it doesn't seem very truthful to me.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

please re-Read my post especially the Bottom-line Part. I did not direct my post at you As much as I directed it to everyone. I did not accuse you of sawing Fear or anything like that.
And of course conspiracy Information will be used by people to further their Agenda. This is done everywhere with every Information. Nothing has been hijacked.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

And what I am saying is that everything can be exaggerated to distort facts.
You are just using any excuse to prove your point and unable people that can say otherwise, it doesn't seem very truthful to me.

So..what are some of the conspiracy-theories you feel are true?

Im curious. Maybe we`ll find some we agree on.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

my post was directed at everyone. When I meant Sky I pointed it out.
What my take is in this: My Ego forbids me to acknowledge what I've realized. So by pointing at out at others I can reflect on myself. Additionally I'm trying to Point out what I am observing. It's a Way of beeing utterly honest. And since the Ego is in the way of this honesty I circumvent it by pointing at others (anything But my ego).

But nonetheless I use this for myself. This is entirely selfish from me

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfer_soul
Contrary to to your opinion, which I have to say I find most annoying coming from you, who I thought was smarter than that, is this idea you suddenly make out like are govs are our benefactors! When infact they are just elected officials that have to be kept in check by us the people at every possible opportunity! Unless, as so often happens they become corrupt! As most often happens!

The rebellion against any and all authorities is childish. Taking the example of a dentist: He has studied dentistry, so I entrust him with my teeth. Since he has studied dentistry, I acknowledge him to be an authority.

Likewise, the idea of all politicians being corrupt is wrong. Many went into their career with visions on how to make things better. If all politicians were corrupt, our country would soon look like Zimbabwe.

I think many politicians do the best they can to the best of their ability. Just like us, they are often lacking in various areas. But just because they are lacking or make mistakse does not mean they are evil and out to get you.

The habit of bashing everyone who is in a position of authority is prevalent in mainstream society. Conspiracy-Theory, to me, does not mean bashing authority but looking for secret undercurrents beyond consensus-reality.

Just take a brief look at history to see how poeple have been controlled and manipluted by the select few (mafia) who consider themselves our rulers.

Yes, but history features a mix of the good, the bad and the ugly and the beautiful. CTs often maintain that there is ONLY the bad. This is just not true.

Much like the animals we have domesticated, their basic needs we must provide for them. i.e food, shelter basic needs, are we much different from domesticated animals?

We`re just not there (in that perfect world) yet. Some of us are trying though.

Personnaly I woudn't mind living as part of some long lost tribe with just the basic things needed to survive on

Thats your preference but dont assume thats what everybody else wants.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I feel that political and medical conspiracies are true.
I am against the system, we can put it like that.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zolom
By creating this thread you tried to give ths responsibility away. You wanted others to acknowledge and agree with your opinion so you have an excuse for your mind that you are "right". You want to be protected from beeing wrong. Your whole post screams of it!

I agree that humans tend to want to be right more than find the truth of something.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

I feel that political and medical conspiracies are true.

...and some are...

I am against the system, we can put it like that.

yeah...thats what it comes down to

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Yes! And In your OP you pointed out that people Need to break their concepts and take a look at the evidence again which I find highly admireable! BUT at the same time you build a Concept of your own. Now go break it again... And again...and again. I Hope you can guess where this leads to and maybe even feel it. Like someone already pointed out...this goes much much deeper. It goes down to corners of your mind that you don't Even want to Know about. That's at least what I feel and observe on myself. But it is ultimately up to ME! Just like dealing with "bad" info, people, feelings, stuff. If you give this responsibility away you give Away your worries but also your freedom. And this is IMO the essence of this thread and that was Why I repiled. Because it touches me personally

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zolom

Well, I pretty much agree with what you are saying. But imo that would be a topic for a thread on spiritual enlightenment rather than one attempting to see conspiracy-theory critically...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I think many politicians do the best they can to the best of their ability. Just like us, they are often lacking in various areas. But just because they are lacking or make mistakse does not mean they are evil and out to get you.

I think this is an extremely interesting point.

However I don't think it is as simple as that.

What is the difference between wrong and evil?

What is the difference between wrong and mistaken?

What about an accident?

Is lazy evil? Is apathy evil? Is inaction evil?

I don't believe in mistakes...everything is a series of choices...

It is often easier to go with the flow and "play ball" for a politician than try to make real changes...

Maybe they are waiting to become VERY powerful so they can really do what's right (Obama?)

Maybe they really think they are doing the right thing (Bush?)

Maybe they fear rocking the boat will get them "dismissed" and then they won't be able to help anyone...including them self.

My point is that these issues are relative and obscure.

However, to pretend that are politicians are really doing their BEST for OUR benefit is naive...

I don't really think these people are EVIL but I think they are really focused on their own success...

Priority 1 - Be successful
Priority 2 - Help people

You need priority 1 to make priority 2 possible BUT working on priority 2 hurts priority 1...

This is the situation most politicians find themselves in and unfortunately you can go so far with priority 1 it is easy to forget about priority 2.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Ideally only those who have nothing to gain or loose would be elected politicians. Would a world that would be, eh?

Thinking politicians have ONLY the best in mind is of course naive. But taking every little mistake and mishap a politician does and overblowing it to proportions of a world-conspiracy and eternal enslavement is not exactly mature either.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I tend to agree with you in general, hoever there are conspiracies out there that are NOT theory, and not all people out there are claiming to expose this to have an ego or just be a meglomaniac. I can tell you I was a victim of a cult and I am NOT paranoid, crazy, or delusional, and I DO have witnesses, although they are often in fear of ever saying anything because they don't know the exact result of coming forth. To be honest about the cult, they do consider themselves a very ancient secret society and a brotherhood. And it is almost impossible to find them on the internet. So you can't rule everyone out.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by erniemink1
So you can't rule everyone out.

Im not.

So go ahead and name the name of the cult.

See? The problem with REAL conspiracies is that nobody is willing to talk.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join