It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of "Conspiracy Theory"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Skyfloater I just read your OP and it looks like you've just completely given up on every conspiracy theory what so ever.

To point out how real/true/reliable your wisdom is, allow me to link to a recent thread of mine.

Aliens of Ancient China

I wrote 100+ threads like that. Does that sound as if I dont believe in alternative views and conspiracies?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sed Non Credo
All I can say is that you're a brave man, particularly seeing as you're a Mod. Well handled so far mate.

Personally, I would have given into temptation way before now and spoke my mind of what I judge a few people as based on their comments. Good thought provoking thread, top man.

Thanks a lot.

Its no fun to create threads that contradict the status quo.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Religion is good for one thing: mass control. it's done nothing but spread false hope and cause war.

Im not denying that. Im denying that the idea of spiritual ethics or "higher realities" are evil.

I dont think true religion has much to do with what passes as "religion" throughout history.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This could very well be the most intelligent post I've seen here. Ever. Conspiracies exist, but they constantly get over dramatized.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
So if the government is so damn evil,

why do you have food to eat?

why do you have shelter?

why do you have internet-access?

why do you have the freedom to write anything you want here?

why do you have clothes?

why do you survive an average of 100 years?

There are plenty of countries in which these things are no given.

The hunzas and okinawans who live to a little over 120(most of the population) still have quality of life as compared to 1& 2 westerners who make it to over 100 yrs old living on what seems like life support and cant walk, cant wash themselves.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Good for them

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
Awesome OP. I've been thinking similar things for awhile now also.

Something else I would like to bring up,

We have to think of the teens we are influencing here at ATS too.
Sometimes it is obvious a poster is quite young and is spouting quite paranoid words at such a young age.

How are topics like the ones on this site going to affect them later in life if they accept them into their belief systems?

I think we shouldn't forget how we are influencing the younger people.

Influencing the younger people? I think thats already happening in daycare, schools and universities.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Applesandoranges

Good for them

You know what works for them. Clean air, meditation, growing their own food, clean water, being surrounded with nature.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
True. But other viewpoints are a good way of calibrating one's own. In my opinion at least.

Agreed.

The reason I did not post that blacklist is because then I´d be presuming to be the arbiter of good vs. bad...which Im not

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Given what I have seen of you I would be rather shocked if you did to be completely honest. Doesn't stop me from being curious and hoping none the less, I am always love to hear other's opinions.
I wouldn't say you were saying THAT *a person must presume to think you are presuming to be that and well something about hypocracy comes to mind* but I do think you are right to keep it to yourself though.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I´d love to name names, but we can also tell reliable information from propaganda or entertainment without specifically calling out members.

You know...

...when someone keeps repeating the same thing over and over again, without any sort of self-questioning, any sort of viewpoint-shift at all, its likely to be a lie (propaganda).

...when someone lacks a sense of humor at all times, he's likely to have some hidden agenda.

...when someone cant handle disagreement, that indicates that his views are based on indoctrinated fanaticism rather than study.

The usual giveaways.

Something that is popular within CT is to pile assumptions upon assumptions. Imagination is a good tool in gaining intuitive insight. But if you take imagination too far its like flying a kite without that kite ever landing again. It leaves your hands and takes on a life of its own.

So...

assumption 1: An NWO-plan exists

assumption 2 (which could not exist without assumption 1): The NWO is evil.

assumption 3 (which could not exist without assumption 2): Group A, B, C, and D are all part of the evil NWO.

assumption 4: Mister X is part of group D, that means he is evil.

assumption 5: Missus Y knows Mister X. She is evil too.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I completely agree. Thanks for going more indepth, how people go about their stance does generally tell a alot about them and whether or not you should take them with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i agree with you 1000 percent.

many people out there want something to cling or believe that isnt part of the structure.

many of the fabrications are taken account because people want to believe there is more out there than there own reality. These fabrications would eventually become a story, then a legend, and then truth all because somebody says so.

I'm a firm believer that what you see is what you get, i have to see to believe. I think there is more to the world other than any imagination can think of. I do believe there are things out there that we don't understand or makes us afraid of it.

I do hope that society can take there heads out of there re-end and put those glasses on and see whats going on in todays world and see what things should be done instead of reading about a suppose spaceship or suppose conspriacy that says we are doomed.

we are doomed if we don't wake up yo.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You really are spot on with your analysis of the hardcore conspiracy theorists.

Agency has a lot to do with it - or rather wanting agency. If you are "in the know" about government skull duggery, then you have an understanding. Hence empowerment and control.

Some people just want to believe that they "know" what's happening in their world. The CT cabal provides individuals with an opportunity to make everything fit into place, when in reality, it doesn't.

Sh@t just happens. As simple as that.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

why do you have shelter?

why do you have clothes?

If the British and American governments are not so evil why have they killed tens of millions of people around the world through their policies in just the past 50 years? and most of the time in these countries where that little list is not given is because of those policies.African countries and the manipulation of the WTO and IMF by the anglo-american alliance is a prime example.I agree with some of the points in your OP though.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Because some of them are evil, or to use a better word: Misguided. Emphasis on some.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

why do you have shelter?

why do you have clothes?

If the British and American governments are not so evil why have they killed tens of millions of people around the world through their policies in just the past 50 years? and most of the time in these countries where that little list is not given is because of those policies.African countries and the manipulation of the WTO and IMF by the anglo-american alliance is a prime example.I agree with some of the points in your OP though.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Solomons]

What's evil?

What's good for that matter..........

It depends on whose perception you're viewing things through. And that is a debate with no end.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating[/i

1. I stopped watching TV News 10 years ago. I dont read mainstream blogs.

If you don't watch the TV news or read mainstream blogs, then how can you find anything good about the governments? That's where it is all shown ;-)

2. I read David Icke. His only half-decent book is "Love is all there is - everything else is an illusion". But the reason he got arthritis in his hands is because and coughed up blood during one of his speeches is because of all of the falsehood coming out of his writing and talking.

I haven't read any of his book completely, yet, as I don't believe in reptilians and view the bloodlines as a mere theory, but I do enjoy the very informative headlines on his website, as long as he leaves out "news" from Sorcha Faal's websites. They are not written by him after all...

3. Some are.

I agree with you, but I only read those who I believe I can trust based on experience as you mentioned - the unbiased writers (my favorites also).

4. History shows that governments have also been honest occassionally. Why does it all have to be black and white?

If you read the mainstream news, you will find out how honest they are occassionally. If they do something good, then what can a blog complain about? Also are they really doing something honest, or is it part of their long term agenda? Of course, I agree that they are honest from time to time, look at Ron Paul! haha

5. Power structures change. Currently, google has more power than any royal family, for example. The view that the same people have been in power forever, is questionable.

Power structures change as a result of the government's and banks' past corruption, which are also part of the agenda of ultimately creating their so called New World Order. They always need a reason to make people believe we need a new power structure until they get the structure they always strived for.

This power structure is only supported by the people because of the government's past decisions that resulted in the need for such a structure. This will lead to the ultimate structure they've been striving for for a very long time.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I acknowledge that there is a bright side to conspiracy-awareness. Would I otherwise be concerned about the subject?

Some of the evidence of a darker side is in the fruits. Hitler was a paranoiad conspiracy-theorist. So was Stalin. Look at history and check out the fruits of some of the conspiracy-theories out there. Millions of Deaths.

Okay. You finally give me an example. However you're now tossing conspiracy theorists under a bus comparing us to Hitler and Stalin. And you want us to take you seriously by comparing the conspiracy theorists here to the likes of dictators?

I'm still waiting about what you consider the 30 out of 100 legitimate conspiracy stories/evidence. As a Hitler/Stalin-ite I'd like to know what part of my beliefs can't be confused with the machinations of 20th century dictators.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Okay. You finally give me an example. However you're now tossing conspiracy theorists under a bus comparing us to Hitler and Stalin. And you want us to take you seriously by comparing the conspiracy theorists here to the likes of dictators?

I'm still waiting about what you consider the 30 out of 100 legitimate conspiracy stories/evidence. As a Hitler/Stalin-ite I'd like to know what part of my beliefs can't be confused with the machinations of 20th century dictators.

The origins of some of the most elaborate conspiracy-theories are extremist-politics. Especially the fascists of Italy, Nazis of Germany and the Communists of Russia developed some really heavy-duty CT which american youngsters still feed on a century later - without knowing the origins of their theory. The idea of Jewish-Bankers ruling the world was first paraded by Hitler and supporters. The idea of Machiavellian-Bankers being the cause of all evil was first paraded by Karl Marx and supporters.

Today the darker side of CT has been adopted by born-again fundamentalist christians, white-supremacists, muslim jihadists....in other words, any group that has an anti-society, anti-status-quo agenda.

While I believe there ARE conspiracies happening, Im not going to trust groups such as these.

Imagine going to a dentist. Are you going to have a dentist who spouts conjecture operate on you, or are you going to go to a dentist who talks and behaves moderately?

Probably the latter. Why? Because you know that someone who talks that way can be trusted.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join