It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of "Conspiracy Theory"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Okay, so what do you want to gain with sharing? I'm sure you want something. Everybody does something for something else. It may be not clear at first what we really want. But we always want something. Maybe you want change? Maybe you want attention? Who knows...it could be many things.

Again I'll say, if you didn't want anything you wouldn't bother to create this thread.

How are you so sure they are false? I mean, if you are into conspiracy theories you should know that you never know. Maybe all your testimonies were lying to you, maybe they were all doing what other people wanted them to do. Maybe everyone is conspiring against you and you are totally unaware!

There are always more possibilities.

It may happen that one person knows more then you and can prove that something you think you know is really false.

In the end, all of this doesn't really matter, does it? It's all the same, and our situation will not change if only the other peoples situation change. Does it really matter that some people take the conspiracy theories too seriously? Does it really matter that other people don't take it seriously at all? No! Nothing will change if WE don't change. No one else has to change, but us!

If I bought the book, I guess it would be truth, right? Since truth is all about money?

And about the abuse of relativism, isn't that exactly what happens already? I mean, the most important fellow humans do that thing of fake money, so it must be cool, don't you agree? If it wasn't cool and people didn't like it they would surely stop it, wouldn't they? So I guess most people are into abuse of relativism, and these people create reality. Oh, and colors? Few people even know they are daltonic, but its not only people with daltonism that have their own way of seeing the world and/or labeling it. People often have different vocabularies and can name the same thing with different names, or different things with the same name. I guess that happens a lot and it is not necessarily something bad. And if it is bad, you should give a solution on how to make everypme communicate with perfect understanding of every side of the connection.

But the holocaust may have only happened for you. Maybe it happened for other people too, but as you pointed out it didn't happen necessarily for everyone. And something is only true if it happened for everyone. Death is true. For instance, what you call "holocaust" a neo-nazi could say "salvation". Both of you are picking up common concepts and putting your own interpretation on top. Reality is objective and subjective. The subjectivity is built on top of the objectivity. But this is already a concept for another thread.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have been guilty of causing undue fear in people from my experience on this board, and that was NEVER the intent.

Why I choose this discussion board over the myriad of others out there is the way this one respects each individual for the story they have to tell, the piece of the puzzle they bring to the table and honestly there are so many different groups of thought here that it is like a cornucopia of conspiracy theorists.

It has been difficult to get to the core of what I feel the need to discuss with so many views as my stories get eaten alive with trivialities to the point it kills the possibility to talk about the deeper implications of my experience and so, sometimes I just decide to let it go.

I ahve made some good friends here and I have chased off a few that could have been the keys to unlocking many questions, but often when you bring something forward to discuss, ppl want the teller to be an expert in the field, and that is why I dont buy many books relating to my interests.

It relates to the humble thing and the cup of tea.

Just because you have been shown something miraculous, or have had amazing experiences in a certain area, it does not make you an expert.

This is where I fit in.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I agree 85% with this thread, great job, great research.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
you never know.

In the end, all of this doesn't really matter,

It's all the same

our situation will not change

it is not necessarily something bad.

But the holocaust may have only happened for you.

Im quoting these parts of your post for readers to see what I meant by "abuse of relativism" in the OP. One can overdo relativism, you know? One can exaggerate it to an extent that apathy is the result.

No offense.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I have been guilty of causing undue fear in people from my experience on this board, and that was NEVER the intent.

You have a pretty good thread about the "lower astral realms". Thats precisely where I think a good part of these "conspiracy theories" come from.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
That could be true.Its really hard to make sence of some infomation on this web site.I guess some of it is false infomation and some people beleive it and some infomation is true and some people don't believe it.No matter what type of infomation you read on this web site there will be people who will believe and not believe.beleive this.You will never see really classified infomation on this or any web site about level three security protocols.Who ever has that type of infomation usuallywill never get the chance to post infomation like that.They are stopped in there tracks.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Indeed. Classified information is kept classified for two reasons:

a) Ones allegiance to security requirements of the government

b) Ones fear of getting hurt or killed.

It does not seem to occur to many that secrets would no longer be secrets if they are all over the internet.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Sky as I stated above, the real meat and potatoes of the thread never happened because the shredding it took and the derailment.

There ARE conspiracies in that thread , but I just gave up on it as there were to many fragile minds involved.

Plus when you start to reveal certain aspects of a true conspiracy, it is dangerous. And the people who choose to bring it to the public do so with great risk. It deserves much more than a public flogging which I put up with all the way.

Face it, I am no Jim Marrs. And to bring stuff up with no backing, it is risky.

Some conspiracies are best left to the future or for others to bring out and i can just continue to make my comments about.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Funnily enough, one of the most bizzarre conspiracy-theories (lower-astral-realms) is one I actually believe

Even more funny...while its unhealthy to focus too much on fake conspiracy-theories, its even more unhealthy to focus on some of the real ones. Im not going to touch the subject of lower-astrals

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I live for the 30% that is true.

good post, starred

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What i want to know is if that 30% which are true conspiracies are ones you adhere to?...for example.I do not believe for one second that the yellow emperor was an alien so i would put that in the 70% of conspiracies that are nonsense.So it really depends on the person and their views and not statistics.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Given your time zone that is wise.

Edit to add:
Do you see how groupmind or mass hypnosis plays into many of the CTs? Seems once one person opens the door to the theory or the part of the theory, many others come out with their piece of it at the same time and not before?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by antar]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
What i want to know is if that 30% which are true conspiracies are ones you adhere to?...for example.I do not believe for one second that the yellow emperor was an alien so i would put that in the 70% of conspiracies that are nonsense.So it really depends on the person and their views and not statistics.

No, Im not saying that the estimate of 30% are the ones I adhere too. Im not that arrogant. The 30% is just an estimate, without being sure of which those 30% are. I can only know for sure if I experienced something personally. "Aliens in Ancient China?" - I havent experienced that personally, so it could easily be part of the 70% of BS-theories.

But look: If you disagree with that estimate and find most CTs to be true, good for you. I have no issue with that.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Do you see how groupmind or mass hypnosis plays into many of the CTs? Seems once one person opens the door to the theory or the part of the theory, many others come out with their piece of it at the same time and not before?

Interesting observation. Dont know if thats spooky (mass mind control) or brilliant (the unfolding of mass-consciousness).

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

it's entirely possible that what we believe are aliens are in fact, the original occupants of this planet, and we are just johnny-come-lately (the real alien life forms here are we humans).

[edit on 27-7-2009 by undo]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

OR the time "dimension" could be the driving force behind the lack of revelation. time is a fate mechanism. without a time restriction, pretty much everything is known, no tests, no surprises, no lack of group data. now let's say you could occasionally tap into the timeless dimension, where past future and present are all one ball of wax and everything possible to be known is known by everyone experiencing it...it could have the effect of creating little pockets of data over large populations, if in fact, any members of our populace were effected by or capable of accessing that timeless dimension. ..if that makes sense. in other words, it'd go beyond a simple concept of the "mass mind" to the more definitive explanation of accelerated learning via dimensional shifting or something. i am not comfortable using so many modern terms to describe it, but i think they work just as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Why not focus more on how most of the conspiracy 'theories' are not theories at all!??!

Sure, there are theories, I have one, and I'm sure many feel the same intuitive logic as well, such as how if the gravity of the moon affects us mentally, then SURELY an entire galatic alignment in 2012 will have a VERY significant effect.

- This effect is the awakening of the mind through stimuli, as if the entire population will be elevated, as if on shrooms, but without the psychedellic effect, just the heightened awareness... - With incresed awareness comes a realizasation & more openness to what used to seem crazy, but is obviously a reality, such as ETs & alien space craft. - Then peopel will look at the mayan, Egyptian, and Sumarian records, and see the evidence of the birth of the 'elite' the bloodlines that control us.

The Reptilian issue is even ridiculed here on ATS; a year ago, I was DISGUSTED that the whole Reptilian disgussion threads were moved to 'skunkworks'. - Trying to maintain credibility? It's going to backfire, ATS, because no matter how crazy it sounds (I didn't believe it until I saw the PLETHORA of evidence), people are going to wake up to it, but will they be able to read printed material when the internet is censored (because they CLEARLY have something to hide) when they are too busy dealing with the breadline and the arrogant millitary on the streets?

Will people wake up to the plan for a staged alien invasion to get a world army & government before they launch the show?? I REALLY HOPE SO. (They didn't reverse engineer craft for nothing).

So, most of conspiracy 'theory' is NOT theory at all, how can scientifically peer reviewed reports on fluoride, aspartame, 9/11, etc be a 'theory'???! There is no theory about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Solomons

it's entirely possible that what we believe are aliens are in fact, the original occupants of this planet, and we are just johnny-come-lately (the real alien life forms here are we humans).

No, because they would be the civilization, not hiding, and flying around, and all. Even if the Reptilians evolved underground or whatever, they wouldn't have to be all secretive & manipulative, if this was truly their planet as well, they would just come out and prove it.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Time=Now]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Time=Now]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

not the best thread to discuss this topic on but if you make one on the topic, i'll be sure to post in it

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So what does that means exactly?
You are simply dismissing what I have to say because I am a relativist?
If so, as an absolutist you should, instead of bashing relativism, state what is the absolute that makes relativism not coherent. Otherwise it seems like you are just discarding the only people that can go against you just for the sake of not being proved wrong.
Were you unable to understand my point?
C'mon, at least tell me what the hell is your purpose with the thread.

Okay, lets say that you proved that whatever I say has no value.
What for? It seems like you just want to prove your point and that getting anywhere with it doesn't really matter.

Whats the problem with apathy?

Seriously, I thought you had good intentions when you created the thread but I am starting to think otherwise. Unless you forgot of your original intention. That could also happen.

Anyways, no offense.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join