It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

pilot who spotted mile wide UFOs goes on TV

page: 7
111
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx
 


Extremely brilliant point man! In other words its a group of people just lying for gp, just to be on tv and waste time. Like they could really become rich. Pilots see ufos constantly and don't say much. Some do and some don't. Professionals would not be doing this interview just for the hell of it! Good post!




posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is pretty cool. It seems there are more and more sightings recently. Or maybe more people are just coming out with what they have seen.

Peace.



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra
I just don't get why anyone cares about UFOs? If they exist OK - If they don't OK. I couldn't care less myself, it doesn't add anything to my bank account or increase my standard of living.

I'm sure if they are stopping by it's more likely to refule on our global supply of water rather than some curiosity of the inhabitants of Earth.


What an incredibly odd post. By odd, I mean stupid - just trying to conform to the decorum standards here, so instead of saying that this is the most idiotic thing I've read all day, I'll just say it's "odd".



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I especially liked the part where the interviewer asked the pilot if he now experiences heightened consciousness as a result of the sighting.

Unless you've seen one yourself you can't explain that feeling to someone who hasn't.



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Who was it that said, "Denial is the most predictable emotion that humans have." True words.... for sure.

..IF aliens ARE flying around in our air space...there is a simple answer to the question of WHY?..because they can and want to!!!!

Get beyond thinking in Earth Terms. A mile wide craft might just be Junior Alien out playing around. But seriously.... You only have to go back in our past 100 yrs. to see what was impossible then, and see what has been accomplished in such a short time. Our technology in another 100 yrs? I wish I could be here to see it.



posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN
Who was it that said, "Denial is the most predictable emotion that humans have." True words.... for sure.

..IF aliens ARE flying around in our air space...there is a simple answer to the question of WHY?..because they can and want to!!!!

Get beyond thinking in Earth Terms. A mile wide craft might just be Junior Alien out playing around. But seriously.... You only have to go back in our past 100 yrs. to see what was impossible then, and see what has been accomplished in such a short time. Our technology in another 100 yrs? I wish I could be here to see it.





Don't contradict yourself, our technology in 20 years.........I guess I will be here to see it in 100 years (think about the medical advances, absoloutley rediculous).



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The fact is that there was a mile wide craft that showed up on radar in two stations and neither the English or the French could be bothered to look into it??

That is the question that should be looked into.

The only possible conclusion is that they know all about it???

But we don’t???

In my opinion this is the big question???



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Lenticular Clouds for the win.

Look at this image of one (external source):

2.bp.blogspot.com...


Now imagine that, further in the distance of the sky, at various lighting conditions, even when the sky is getting darker/night time.

I think these clouds will explain quite a few 'UFO' sightings.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
that's awesome mate!

hundreds/thousands of sightings each month, maybe soon we will have all revealed

exciting stuff



Just wondering how many frauds, fakes actually fit into your
equation? and then multiply it by 12 months then 50 years.

Once you deduct the frauds and fakes, your left the Possible sightings
then subtract the amount that can't be Identified or Substantiated or
Verified and your left with the Real number of UFO's



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Um.. okay.. I wasn't there so I really don't know how it actually was when the pilot said he saw a UFO.. But it just really doesn't make any sense how there have been all these sightings, reports, even photos of UFO'S, yet there have been no photos of an actually spaceship, EVER.. So I don't understand why there are so many "spaceships" flying around without apparently landing.. I mean seriously, why would aliens come all this way just to fly around.. if it was just to take an on-flight tour of the Earth, I doubt it, as they would've been doing that since years ago, when UFO's were first recorded. Also, if they really wanted their existence noted by us but were scared, then why couldn't any of them just have dropped photos of themselves through the space-ship openings or something? If they have the brains to develop such things as spaceships and the knowledge of how to travel thins far just to reach us, then surely they would've invented some sort of camera?



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lister87
 


That cloud is very impressive!!!! And I have to admit is DOES look like a UFO!!
Do you happen to know how long it takes this cloud to evaporate or disintegrate?



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Flagged.

I believe the pilot saw something, don't know if it was really 1 mile wide but from what he saw, I think it was real, solid and definitely not some lenticular cloud.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Crying-Lightning
 


well if you think about it what would we do if we could travel to another planet?first send satelites to take pics.then if we found evidence of an inteligent life form i dont thik we would go rushing to the ground.think in military terms, we would NOT want to disclose who and where we are from.then we wouldprobally send some sort of drone spaceship to take a closer look of what alls going on down there and that itself they(the gov.)would probally takes years to figure out what kind of life forms are there(violent or nonviolent)after that maybe a robot flown ship to fly around so they could maybe get an idea that something is visiting them from another planet and then see how they react to the situation of knowing that the craft was not from there planet.we havent been to welcoming to the crafts we have run into and then they can sense what kind of wide spread panic would ensue just by seeing how we react to a flu outbreak!the more there around the more familar we can become with them.even if they are unmanned ships.when they think were ready im sure well all be told about them.



posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoobvious
reply to post by Crying-Lightning
 


well if you think about it what would we do if we could travel to another planet?first send satelites to take pics.then if we found evidence of an inteligent life form i dont thik we would go rushing to the ground.think in military terms, we would NOT want to disclose who and where we are from.then we wouldprobally send some sort of drone spaceship to take a closer look of what alls going on down there and that itself they(the gov.)would probally takes years to figure out what kind of life forms are there(violent or nonviolent)after that maybe a robot flown ship to fly around so they could maybe get an idea that something is visiting them from another planet and then see how they react to the situation of knowing that the craft was not from there planet.we havent been to welcoming to the crafts we have run into and then they can sense what kind of wide spread panic would ensue just by seeing how we react to a flu outbreak!the more there around the more familar we can become with them.even if they are unmanned ships.when they think were ready im sure well all be told about them.


Why would it take years for them to figure out what kind of lifeforms are on the planet? If they've spent years just hovering above the planet, then they surely must've learned enough from their spaceship technology if they never actually land? By this many years since, they must have been above just about every area on the planet. Flu outbreak, war or whatever, there's always going to be some part of the world where everything's sweet and simple and everyone's innocent and another part of the planet where there's violence and people are fighting. It's not as if the UFO's can't go fast enough flying to see and understand that.. and no matter how advanced their technology is, fact is they will never truely experience or understan Earth for what it really is unless they land. And also, if aliens from their own planet do come to know that there is a flu outbreak or war on Earth, then how can they also not know peoples' reactions?



posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Crying-Lightning
 


they do see are reactions and that in part is why i think they have not confirmed there presence here. they are probally afraid they would be met by fear and hostility.and as far as taking years im just saying the gov wouldwant to know everything they could before we reveiled are presence to an alien race on another planet.just look around here on earth,theyll spend so much time and money reseaching_________(fill in the blank)until they actually do it.



posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoobvious
reply to post by Crying-Lightning
 


they do see are reactions and that in part is why i think they have not confirmed there presence here. they are probally afraid they would be met by fear and hostility.and as far as taking years im just saying the gov wouldwant to know everything they could before we reveiled are presence to an alien race on another planet.just look around here on earth,theyll spend so much time and money reseaching_________(fill in the blank)until they actually do it.


Yeah, I know on Earth they'll spend heaps of time and money researching something before doin anything about it.. but for goodness' sake, it didn't exactly take years for them to come up with a swine flu vaccine, did it? Ok, I know a planet is kinda bigger than a flu. But they're not gonna know how people are gonna react to them, unless, you know, they actually go right in front of people. And I don't see how there is anything they could learn new in 2009 that they haven't learned in 1009 or whatever.. war? heroism? love? hate? They're all such clear things in human nature, which have always, always been there. Also, if they were really that unsure, then why would they even make it obvious to us that there's a possibility by just flying round in their spaceships? For all they know, if they don't really know us, we could just be greedy money-making monstors (true, in some cases) who just want to exploit and experiement on them...



posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I wish the American media would treat the subject in a serious manner like these people did.



posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Crying-Lightning
 


your right



posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crying-Lightning


Why would it take years for them to figure out what kind of lifeforms are on the planet? If they've spent years just hovering above the planet, then they surely must've learned enough from their spaceship technology if they never actually land?




Paradoxically, you have to stop thinking like a Human Being.


Their idea of lifeforms may not include the creatures We consider lifeforms.


They may be the size of mountains and be wondering why our mountains seem to be mute (if in fact they are!).


They may be silicon, or copper, or hydrogen-based beings, who don't even recognize anything with blood as alive.


They may have been attracted to Earth by our radio emmissions, but having arrived, still can't figure out why the machines emmitting the signals won't respond to their hails; just as you might wonder why you can't carry on a conversation with a dog, even though the dog seems to be able to say "mama" in perfect English!


Did you know that trees and plants regularly conduct sophisticated chemical warfare battles against thneir attackers?

And yet, to us, it's just another peaceful day in the garden.



Sometimes, what you think you know can keep you ignorant of what you don't know.



posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Reading this thread, it has somehow wandered into 'Alien' territory. I would like to get it back to real, physical newtonian territory.

1) a very large cigar shaped object
2) it did not appear to move.
3) it only showed as 'traces' on 2 commercial radarsystems
4) it was bright yellow

So it looks like an oversized airship, it acts like an airship(lighter than air), it's painted in bright yellow emergency colours and it doesn't show up on radar, just like some other airships.

Why exactly are we debating what this is?

The US and USSR were researching and even prototyping subscale Giant airships in the 70's and 80's. If you create the envelope from a non radarreflecting material and the structure from dielectric composites shaped to be stealthy, you could make very large stealth airships. This is propably a US black project with UK participation for military purposes.

This would seem to be a straight-forward and logical explanation, so why are people talking about UFO's and ET's?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by aaa2500]



new topics

top topics



 
111
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join